Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The fact that you frequent websites like that is worrying.

im gona see whats on Waterford whispers later
    does that worry you too ?

google satire there , do you good or would you rather censor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For every crime caught on tape I wonder how many were not caught on film?
    Antifa in solidarity with BLM actively discourage streamers at their riots to avoid later prosecution.

twitter.com/PNWYLF/status/1344722848347267072?s=20
    Portland police said at least two Molotov cocktails were thrown and commercial-grade fireworks were launched at the federal courthouse and Justice Center, which some rioters attempted to break into.
    https://nypost.com/2021/01/01/portland-kicks-off-2021-with-another-riot-for-the-new-year/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

biko wrote: »
    For every crime caught on tape I wonder how many were not caught on film?
    Antifa in solidarity with BLM actively discourage streamers at their riots to avoid later prosecution.

twitter.com/PNWYLF/status/1344722848347267072?s=20

https://nypost.com/2021/01/01/portland-kicks-off-2021-with-another-riot-for-the-new-year/

Interesting to see your concern here when you called an incident in which 5 people died, a cop lost an eye, 140 more were injured including some who were beaten with flag poles carrying the American Flag which they demand respect for as something that was 'mostly peaceful', I think your words were. Ignoring the fact that All that happened in a single protest within the space of about 90 minutes mind.

Wait until you hear what white supremacists, militia groups and some conservatives are up to. There's a reason the FBI said the biggest risk to America at the moment is from white supremacist groups.

And in this case, it literally went all the way to the office of the sitting President of the United States. And while all this is going on, some people are trying to get people to focus on Black Activists in America, multiculturalism in Ireland and migrants in Sweden. Definitely something going on alright.

Interesting to see your concern here when you called an incident in which 5 people died, a cop lost an eye, 140 more were injured including some who were beaten with flag poles carrying the American Flag which they demand respect for as something that was 'mostly peaceful', I think your words were. Ignoring the fact that All that happened in a single protest within the space of about 90 minutes mind.

Wait until you hear what white supremacists, militia groups and some conservatives are up to. There's a reason the FBI said the biggest risk to America at the moment is from white supremacist groups.

And in this case, it literally went all the way to the office of the sitting President of the United States. And while all this is going on, some people are trying to get people to focus on Black Activists in America, multiculturalism in Ireland and migrants in Sweden. Definitely something going on alright.

Says yer man who literally spent the summer apologising for BLM burning the place down..

It was only like .002% of people protesting were violent..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Bilko just don't like those black/brown folk icon14.png

• Advertisement

your concern for injured and KILLED law enforcement is a recent development and great to see , you had no problem with them getting hurt all last year

are you really offended by the different implements used in riots ? you would rather they used petrol bombs with a blm trademark perhaps ?

the focus of the conversation matches nicely with the name of the thread don't you think , what ever is going on is happening between you ears

Interesting to see your concern here when you called an incident in which 5 people died, a cop lost an eye, 140 more were injured including some who were beaten with flag poles carrying the American Flag which they demand respect for as something that was 'mostly peaceful',
    That is from another thread and was a play on word about the "mostly peaceful" BLM protests that have cost countless lives and injuries. At the time I didn't even know there were injuries.

How about you officially distance yourself from the burnings, shootings and riots done by BLM protestors? Do you think they shouldn't have done those? Hmm?

Billy Mays wrote: »
    You know nothing about me.

Funny how your username is a middle-aged white man, and mine is a black South African anti-apartheid activist.

Funny how your username is a middle-aged white man, and mine is a black South African anti-apartheid activist.
    It's not funny at all :confused:

I just picked the name after a guy who appeared on tv infomercials. The colour of his skin, his age or his politics didn't come into it

Good for you though bro. I'm sure Steve would be honoured that a guy who's made hundreds if not thousands of posts on a forum giving out about black and brown people decided to name his internet alias after him icon14.png

Says yer man who literally spent the summer apologising for BLM burning the place down..

It was only like .002% of people protesting were violent..

Explaining, not apologising.

And it was 0.05%.

Your going easier on them than I was.

• Advertisement

That is from another thread and was a play on word about the "mostly peaceful" BLM protests that have cost countless lives and injuries. At the time I didn't even know there were injuries.

How about you officially distance yourself from the burnings, shootings and riots done by BLM protestors? Do you think they shouldn't have done those? Hmm?

A play on words? Did you think you were in the games thread or something?

What would someone 'officially distancing' themselves from burnings shootings and rioting look like on an anonymous internet forum? I've already done so repeatedly on this thread. Does that not count? Does it only count when I do so after specifically being asked to?

mynamejeff wrote: »
    your concern for injured and KILLED law enforcement is a recent development and great to see , you had no problem with them getting hurt all last year

are you really offended by the different implements used in riots ? you would rather they used petrol bombs with a blm trademark perhaps ?

the focus of the conversation matches nicely with the name of the thread don't you think , what ever is going on is happening between you ears

Absolutely false. Go ahead and take some time to find a post where I did so, I've enough pick from.

If you can't see the hypocrisy of the actions of a body of people who called for a footballer to be fired for kneeling during the anthem, which he did to protest against black people being excessively and prejudicially killed by police which these same people demand that the flag, and police be protected, then for them to turn on police and to beat them with a flag pole carrying this vaunted flag, I don't know what to say to you.

"officially distance yourself" :pac: :pac:

Are we in fucking parliament here or something?

Everyone knows as much about everyone else here based on the content they have posted and discussions they have been involved in during their time here.

If you think such a volume of information is not enough to paint a picture, I trust you have no belief in the concept of psychological assessment practices which paint a picture of someone purely on the basis of their answers to specific questions.

If that can be done with as few as 50 questions on a range of topics, I suspect 67K odd posts on a range of topics is enough to at least form an opinion.

A play on words? Did you think you were in the games thread or something?

What would someone 'officially distancing' themselves from burnings shootings and rioting look like on an anonymous internet forum? I've already done so repeatedly on this thread. Does that not count? Does it only count when I do so after specifically being asked to?
    Good, I am glad you don't agree with the violence done in the riots. So many people killed and injured for nothing.

What do you think of CNN's Chris Cuomo take on the BLM riots: "Please, show me where it says protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful."
    Do you think protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful? Or just mostly peaceful?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Just casually throwing around baseless accusations of racism trying to stir s**t up. Great contribution there.

Just casually throwing around baseless accusations of racism trying to stir s**t up. Great contribution there.
    Thanks chief. They're not really baseless though are they?

When someone has amassed that amount of posts on an internet forum criticising black and brown folk I think it's a perfectly logical conclusion to come to

Let's say, for example, they were on the MMA forum every day giving out about Conor McGregor. Would it not be reasonable to come to the conclusion that they just don't like Conor McGregor?

Anyway it's way past by bedtime. You keep doing you bilko. I'm sure Steve is looking down with pride

When someone has amassed that amount of posts on an internet forum criticising black and brown folk I think it's a perfectly logical conclusion to come to

Let's say, for example, they were on the MMA forum every day giving out about Conor McGregor. Would it not be reasonable to come to the conclusion that they just don't like Conor McGregor?

Anyway it's way past by bedtime. You keep doing you bilko. I'm sure Steve is looking down with pride

Steve ?

you keep saying that ,

were you friends ?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Maybe, just maybe, you're confusing criticism of a movement/organization with criticism of people due to their skin color.

Good night Billy Mays.

Oof.

By your rationale, if someone was on the MMA forum giving out about Conor McGregor, would they be giving out about "white folk" or just Conor McGregor?

Black and brown folk? Or BLM?

Jesus man, the ignorance is palpable.

In your rush to show how racist you "aren't", you've proven that you are exactly what you pretend to be against.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

mynamejeff, don't post in this thread again

Edit: Actually I see you had already been threadbanned, three week forum ban applied for breaching this

Trolling Conor McGregor fans in the MMA forum used to be absolutely epic craic..

There were striking parallels between that and the CA forum before the election too though with all the reporting of posts and bans and stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Everyone knows as much about everyone else here based on the content they have posted and discussions they have been involved in during their time here.

If you think such a volume of information is not enough to paint a picture, I trust you have no belief in the concept of psychological assessment practices which paint a picture of someone purely on the basis of their answers to specific questions.

If that can be done with as few as 50 questions on a range of topics, I suspect 67K odd posts on a range of topics is enough to at least form an opinion.

Yeah that's pretty much the same rubbish repeatedly thrown in countless comments at all those whom you disagree with.

And unless you're a practicing psychologist I'd suggest maybe best leave the white coat for those who are properly qualified to wear one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

In a recent interview with Michael Strahan on Good Morning America, Jacob Blake admits it was a knife he was holding when he resisted arrest and assaulted police. He wasn't holding his keys in his hands as the media melodramatically professed. It was just as the police stated. In the interview Blake stated, @4:09, he realized that he dropped his "little pocket knife" after he got off of the officer when he had removed the taser prongs, after the struggle with an officer- he had gotten up off the ground and picked the knife up. @4.24 you see Blakes little pocket knife. Blake stated that when he turned his back on the officers that he wasn't really worried, "I'm walking away from them, so it's not like they're going to shoot me" and that he was going to throw himself to the ground as soon as he put the knife in the car. He said he didnt hear the officer's demands because his ears were "muffled" from the screaming. He makes an attempt to justify his disobeying officers' orders by saying that he did not try to leave or run from the scene from the start of the situation....Blake had an open warrant for felony sexual assault, trespassing and domestic abuse. He broke into the home of a woman he knew for 8 years and sexually assaulting her. The level of arrogance that this lad thinks he can pick and choose what laws he feels like obeying.

In a USA Today Fact check by Eric Litke, they published that it was in fact false to claim that Blake was brandishing a knife at the time of the arrest. USA Today later admitted that their fact check was false. How can you do a fact check on an incident like this if all the facts were not presented...I think we all know at this stage what media's motive was and still is.

The willingness of the perpetually outraged and their need to jump to conclusions is not only juvenile and reckless but's dangerous. The media ran with the story that he was unarmed etc This led to stores being looted, buildings being burnt down, millions worth of damage caused. Death. They are the ones responsible for the US being so divided.

"I'm So Proud of you Jacob blake" -Vice President Harris

gozunda wrote: »
    Yeah that's pretty much the same rubbish repeatedly thrown in countless comments at all those whom you disagree with.

And unless you're a practicing psychologist I'd suggest maybe best leave the white coat for those who are properly qualified to wear one.

Oh what a surprise, Gozunda disagrees with logic and is once againt trying to tell other people how to post.

Plus ca change...

he realized that he dropped his "little pocket knife" after he got off of the officer when he had removed the taser prongs, after the struggle with an officer- he had gotten up off the ground and picked the knife up. @4.24 you see Blakes little pocket knife.
    Not even the biggest BLM supporter can call this a normal pocket knife. It's karambit knife, used in both Indonesian and Filipino martial arts.

2020-332547-167.jpg

In a recent interview with Michael Strahan on Good Morning America, Jacob Blake admits it was a knife he was holding when he resisted arrest and assaulted police. He wasn't holding his keys in his hands as the media melodramatically professed. It was just as the police stated. In the interview Blake stated, @4:09, he realized that he dropped his "little pocket knife" after he got off of the officer when he had removed the taser prongs, after the struggle with an officer- he had gotten up off the ground and picked the knife up. @4.24 you see Blakes little pocket knife. Blake stated that when he turned his back on the officers that he wasn't really worried, "I'm walking away from them, so it's not like they're going to shoot me" and that he was going to throw himself to the ground as soon as he put the knife in the car. He said he didnt hear the officer's demands because his ears were "muffled" from the screaming. He makes an attempt to justify his disobeying officers' orders by saying that he did not try to leave or run from the scene from the start of the situation....Blake had an open warrant for felony sexual assault, trespassing and domestic abuse. He broke into the home of a woman he knew for 8 years and sexually assaulting her. The level of arrogance that this lad thinks he can pick and choose what laws he feels like obeying.

In a USA Today Fact check by Eric Litke, they published that it was in fact false to claim that Blake was brandishing a knife at the time of the arrest. USA Today later admitted that their fact check was false. How can you do a fact check on an incident like this if all the facts were not presented...I think we all know at this stage what media's motive was and still is.

The willingness of the perpetually outraged and their need to jump to conclusions is not only juvenile and reckless but's dangerous. The media ran with the story that he was unarmed etc This led to stores being looted, buildings being burnt down, millions worth of damage caused. Death. They are the ones responsible for the US being so divided.

Weren't you guys telling us before that he was shot because he was reaching for a gun? Now that it's because he had a knife?

Bear in mind, we've all seen the video of what happened and how he was walking away with his back to the police.

It is no longer legal for cops to use such force in such cases.
    In 1985 in Tennessee v. Garner,the Supreme Court struck down a Tennessee statute that allowed a police officer to “use all the necessary means to effect the arrest" of an individual whom the officer suspected was fleeing or forcibly resisting detention. The case involved a Memphis police officer who shot and killed a teenager who jumped over a fence at night in the backyard of a house that the officer suspected was burglarized, though the officer was “reasonably sure” the suspect was unarmed. “The use of deadly force to prevent the escape of all felony suspects, whatever the circumstances, is constitutionally unreasonable,” said the 6-3 decision, written by Justice Byron White.

You're right about the media dividing America, Fox News has a lot to answer for.

Not even the biggest BLM supporter can call this a normal pocket knife. It's karambit knife, used in both Indonesian and Filipino martial arts.

Do you think possession of a knife, without even attacking someone with it, is sufficient reason for them to be shot?

Because that is what happened here.

Do you think possession of a knife, without even attacking someone with it, is sufficient reason for them to be shot?
    Yes, if I am going to arrest you and you don't put away your knife, I will shoot you.
    It is pretty simple. If a policeman with a gun tells you to do something, do it.
    If you don't, then you might just get you ass whooped or worse.

• Advertisement

Advertisement