Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

• Registered Users Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

From your article.
    Camden may seem like a policing success story as reported crime stats decline and the CCPD tries to take on a community-based approach to policing. I am conceding that all that may be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

From your article.

Also from the article.

But determining the transferability of the CCPD's approach should be done thoughtfully, with skepticism, and with all the facts and context.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Minneapolis to spend $6.4M to hire more police officers after residents experienced longer response times and an increase in violent crimes following the defunding of their police dept.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/minneapolis-spend-64m-recruit-police-officers-75875382

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Police reform worked for this city.

I debunked that already for you. How come left leaning articles always seem to leave out the small print . Less police =less crime, well not in the real world . They actually ended up with more police after it .... they actually laid off the cops and rehired them under different contracts along with new officers, it's not really the image you're trying to portray about less cops , less crime

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/06/camden-didnt-defund-the-police/

The New Jersey town executed a legal maneuver to depower its police union and bring back safe policing.
    In the coming days, you will see Camden, N. J., held up as a shining example of the miraculous effects of “reimagining policing.” This supports the narrative that achieving racial justice requires us to defund the police, reallocating law enforcement dollars to more useful and compassionate social programs.

That Camden might someday become an example of good urban policy seemed laughable in 2012, when its homicide rate was 87 per 100,000 population. That’s 50 percent above the prevailing rate in Baltimore, America’s most murderous large city. Since then, however, Camden has made great strides, reducing its homicide rate almost two-thirds by last year.

How’d they do it? Step one was busting their police union by disbanding the force in 2013.

At the time, the cop cartel had pumped up average annual costs per officer (including extraordinarily generous fringe benefits) to $182,168. At that monopoly price, poor Camden could afford to employ just 175 cops, and during peak nighttime crime hours only a dozen might be on patrol.

But laying off the union cops and then rehiring many as county employees reduced costs to $99,605 per officer, enabling lots of new hires while keeping total expenditures roughly the same. Within a couple of years, Camden’s force exceeded 400 — a little over 50 cops per 10,000 residents, about triple the national average for similarly sized cities.

So Camden did not “abolish police,” as some of the more radical voices in the current debate claim, but actually employed more police — and more law enforcement. As the now-retired chief who led the transition explained, understaffing had made his city force a “triage unit going from emergency to emergency.” Staffing up enabled more proactive policing (including the use of some surveillance tools that civil libertarians consider problematic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Our Lord Mayor of Dublin Hazel Chu criticizes people who say 'All Lives Matter'
    “Until we have proper representation and provide equal and fair status for black people then it doesn’t matter about anyone else.”

This the mayor of Dublin who thinks she's in America.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40226924.html?type=amp&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Our Lord Mayor of Dublin Hazel Chu criticizes people who say 'All Lives Matter'

This the mayor of Dublin who thinks she's in America.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40226924.html?type=amp&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

So she is racist towards everyone who isn't black?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

All lives matter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Brentford Say Taking The Knee Is 'Not Having An Impact'

https://www.sportbible.com/football/pub-talk-brentford-say-taking-the-knee-is-not-having-an-impact-20210215
    Brentford players decided against taking the knee ahead of their game with Barnsley on Sunday, explaining they no longer believe it's having an impact.

On Sunday Championship side Brentford decided they wouldn't take the knee ahead of their game with Barnsley, or going forward.

In a club statement they explained why, saying, "We have been taking a knee before games since June but, like many of our fellow players at other clubs, no longer believe that this is having an impact.

"We believe we can use our time and energies to promote racial equality in other ways.

Brentford Say Taking The Knee Is 'Not Having An Impact'

I'd love to know why they believed it was making an impact at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I'd love to know why they believed it was making an impact at all?

Just a visual impact, aka the virtue signal impact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Those social workers don't seem to be working out for them !

https://twitter.com/MsMelChen/status/1362088376602558464

statesaver wrote: »
    Those social workers don't seem to be working out for them !

https://twitter.com/MsMelChen/status/1362088376602558464

Quelle surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Cordell

“My mother would have experienced sporadic incidents of racism. Now, racism has significantly increased in Ireland.”

Hazel Chu, who was born in Dublin to Chinese parents, said: “The fact that people have come out and said ‘All Lives Matter’ - they don’t understand."

She's on to something here, only it's the opposite of what she think. Any increase in racism is because of her and her type, the kind of people that claim racism when a black armed thug is killed by the police.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/20/racist-attacks-police-officers-trebled-last-summers-black-lives/
    Racist attacks on police officers almost trebled during last summer’s Black Lives Matter protests, it has emerged.

Figures seen by The Telegraph reveal there were more than 430 incidents recorded against Black and minority ethnic (BAME) officers between June and September last year, up from 150 in the previous four months.

The racially aggravated attacks, which included everything from grievous bodily harm (GBH) to harassment, took place in the wake of the killing of George Floyd by police officers in the United States in May.

But data from Scotland Yard suggests black officers who were helping to police the demonstrations were themselves the targets of racist abuse and violence.

A total of 27 officers were injured when a BLM protest turned violent in June, but there were many more BAME officers who suffered abuse and assaults at the hands of those on BLM marches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

4lxtzwish5j61.jpg

:pac:

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Police have arrested another man in 3 other recent attacks on Asian Americans in Oakland's Chinatown. The suspect is Yayya Muslim and aged 28. Wonder will the progressive activists be marching against these attacks?
    The answer may reside in this pic of the suspect. He doesn't look like a white nationalist. There are other pictures of him attacking a 91 year old man, which I obviously will not post:

yahya-muslim.jpg?w=1024

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

TomTomTim wrote: »
    4lxtzwish5j61.jpg

Obviously he's another victim of discrimination. Brutalised with false allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Kivaro wrote: »
    Police have arrested another man in 3 other recent attacks on Asian Americans in Oakland's Chinatown. The suspect is Yayya Muslim and aged 28. Wonder will the progressive activists be marching against these attacks?
    The answer may reside in this pic of the suspect. He doesn't look like a white nationalist. There are other pictures of him attacking a 91 year old man, which I obviously will not post:

yahya-muslim.jpg?w=1024

It always amuses me when the same people post crimes committed by non-white people. How come you've never posted a crime committed by a white person? Do you only care about crimes when they are committed by non-white people?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

It always amuses me when the same people post crimes committed by non-white people. How come you've never posted a crime committed by a white person? Do you only care about crimes when they are committed by non-white people?

Come on now. they are blaming whites for black on asian assaults and murder. That's just fuking bullshiit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Hang on a second, smart arses. For all you know this black lad may identify as a white supremacist.

Well.. first off, how do you know Kivaro hasn't 'ever' posted a crime by a white person? This poster is pretty active on the CA forum, and I wouldn't be surprised if he/she had posted a white variety of reports about white people committing crimes.

Secondly, the thread title kinda gives it away.. posting crimes by black people goes with territory in discussing BLM.

Well.. first off, how do you know Kivaro hasn't 'ever' posted a crime by a white person? This poster is pretty active on the CA forum, and I wouldn't be surprised if he/she had posted a white variety of reports about white people committing crimes.

Secondly, the thread title kinda gives it away.. posting crimes by black people goes with territory in discussing BLM.
    Of course I've posted about white criminals, but that does not stop some from insinuating "racism" just for daring to speak about black crime. What I do find a bit disturbing is a poster being amused by a post that talks about serious attacks on Asian Americans, which incudes a 91 year-old victim that I mentioned. So no empathy or disgust for what happened to the elderly victims of these crimes; just amusement that I had the audacity to correct the false narrative by a progressive group that it was white people who were committing these crimes in the Bay Area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kivaro wrote: »
    Of course I've posted about white criminals, but that does not stop some from insinuating "racism" just for daring to speak about black crime. What I do find a bit disturbing is a poster being amused by a post that talks about serious attacks on Asian Americans, which incudes a 91 year-old victim that I mentioned. So no empathy or disgust for what happened to the elderly victims of these crimes; just amusement that I had the audacity to correct the false narrative by a progressive group that it was white people who were committing these crimes in the Bay Area.

Well I'm not going to go through your posts but safe to say that in this thread you're only going to post crimes by non-white people as posting crimes by white people won't fit with your agenda.

It is pretty telling how people who argue against people like you don't stoop to that level.

It's always crimes by non-whites that get posted and you never see people on the other side stooping so low to try to win arguments. I think that might be indicative of the lack of empathy you are talking about? It's a transparent strategy - cherry pick crimes from non-whites and then accuse people (who would never stoop to that low level because they have normal levels of empathy), of having a lack of empathy when you get called out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well I'm not going to go through your posts but safe to say that in this thread you're only going to post crimes by non-white people as posting crimes by white people won't fit with your agenda.
    How about you start "Fantaiscool's White People Crime" thread?

biko wrote: »
    How about you start "Fantaiscool's White People Crime" thread?

Wise words, especially since you have a "Bikos non-white people crime" thread. Speaking from experience eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

TomTomTim wrote: »
    4lxtzwish5j61.jpg

It's always crimes by non-whites that get posted and you never see people on the other side stooping so low to try to win arguments. I think that might be indicative of the lack of empathy you are talking about? It's a transparent strategy - cherry pick crimes from non-whites and then accuse people (who would never stoop to that low level because they have normal levels of empathy), of having a lack of empathy when you get called out for it.

People are literally lying and claiming that white people are responsible for specific crimes. At least what is said in this thread is actually stuff that happened.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    People are literally lying and claiming that white people are responsible for specific crimes. At least what is said in this thread is actually stuff that happened.

Who organized the protest and why did they organize it? Provide some supporting evidence to back up your claim, not just a picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

It is pretty telling how people who argue against people like you don't stoop to that level.

You seem to be doing plenty of 'stooping' yourself coming in here casting aspersions. You seem to think you know what's going on here when it's obvious you don't.

Advertisement