Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

You seem to be doing plenty of 'stooping' yourself coming in here casting aspersions. You seem to think you know what's going on here when it's obvious you don't.

Enlighten me to whats going on. As far as I'm concerned the usual suspects are spreading disinformation about a protest which seems to have been organized by the asian community in response to crimes (plural) towards them.
    The surge of violence/hate crimes towards Asians has skyrocketed since the pandemic began. There has been destruction of Asian run businesses and property too. This is kind of behavior is not new to the United States or the world. We blamed Mexicans for taking jobs. The French, muslim, Sikh and well anyone who looked that way took it after 9-11, Interment camps during WW2 and so on and so on. Somebody needs to get blamed and punished and it never can be the white establishment. I am exasperated. We must fight for eachother because damn knows the white establishment will always fight for themselves. Let us ****ing unite and stop playing into the hate they create. See you Thur evening at Stonewall @thestonewallprotests and Sat 2/20 at Washington Square Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

You seem to be doing plenty of 'stooping' yourself coming in here casting aspersions. You seem to think you know what's going on here when it's obvious you don't.

That's what they do unfortunately. No attempt at trying to show proof to the contrary. They just try to deflect, and of course try to denigrate the poster; that's usually the big giveaway. I actually feel sorry for them sometimes. Not sure if it is just a lack of critical thinking or just lacking the faculty to engage in an adult discussion.

Black on Asian-American crime has been a substantial problem for quite some time in the Bay Area. But the progressive community find that fact difficult to accept and are now trying to find a scapegoat to distort the reality, and of course they picked the easy group to focus on: White Nationalists. But the truth of the situation on the ground is easily verified by police and news reports.

Kivaro wrote: »
    That's what they do unfortunately. No attempt at trying to show proof to the contrary. They just try to deflect, and of course try to denigrate the poster; that's usually the big giveaway. I actually feel sorry for them sometimes. Not sure if it is just a lack of critical thinking or just lacking the faculty to engage in an adult discussion.

Black on Asian-American crime has been a substantial problem for quite some time in the Bay Area. But the progressive community find that fact difficult to accept and are now trying to find a scapegoat to distort the reality, and of course they picked the easy group to focus on: White Nationalists. But the truth of the situation on the ground is easily verified by police and news reports.

Since you've made claims there about crimes against Asian-Americans why not provide evidence to back them up? I'm not talking about the individual crimes by non whites you trawl through the internet for, I'm talking about statistics. All you can do is make baseless claims and then throw in the odd report about a crime committed by a non-white. Great strategy :D

Maybe you can be the first to buck the trend so to speak. Don't be like the other posters who can only trawl through the internet for singular crimes committed by non whites and post them here. I have faith in you:D

WrenBoy wrote: »
    That's horrible......the fact that this is being reported/discussed. Is that how you do it Fanta ?

Its a pretty chilling story though, hope justice is served.

Yeah that's exactly what I was talking about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

The only reason people keep posting random crimes that happen to have a black perpetrator or a white victim is to bolster some narrative that BLM is unnecessary or misguided based on some racist implication. A lot of the times, they have nothing to do with anything, or are only tangentially related.

It's not helped by the fact that the source is almost always some bad faith actor like Andy Ngo. There's a reason he's so vehemently against Antifa, because his work is explicitly pro fascism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

biko wrote: »
    Another BLM vs ALM incident. (A = Asian).

It's actually insane how you can see this disgusting violent crime and immediately identify it as something you can exploit for some low effort race baiting nonsense.

What does this have anything to do with BLM? What is the relevancy of the races involved here?

It's actually insane how you can see this disgusting violent crime and immediately identify it as something you can exploit for some low effort race baiting nonsense.

What does this have anything to do with BLM? What is the relevancy of the races involved here?

Bikos got an entire thread where he does this. See below. Nothing but crimes that he tries to exploit for race baiting. He's probably got near enough a thousand posts like this. It's difficult to comprehend why exactly he does it. Can you clarify why you do it Biko? I honestly think you get some kind of perverse pleasure out of it? Very odd indeed.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058013782

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

The only reason people keep posting random crimes that happen to have a black perpetrator or a white victim is to bolster some narrative that BLM is unnecessary or misguided based on some racist implication. A lot of the times, they have nothing to do with anything, or are only tangentially related.

It's not helped by the fact that the source is almost always some bad faith actor like Andy Ngo. There's a reason he's so vehemently against Antifa, because his work is explicitly pro fascism.

There's a far more rational reason, but rationalism isn't your thing, so it's no surprise that you missed it. His parents fled Communist Vietnam via boat to escape the Marxist mindset. He then grows up in America, and sees the rise of Marxist groups like Antifa. Given his parents past, he's motivated to do something, so he decides to start reporting on these groups, exposing their threat to wider society.

It's very easy to come in and scream fascist, racist, bla bla bla, but these claims always lack evidence, and there's usually a far more logical rationalization than being a lover of Mussolini. Sadly extremists only ever see extremism in others, so this foolish dance will continue.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

There was a homicide with an Asian-American as the victim, which caused a demonstration to be orgranised by someone/some group who claimed that white nationalists were responsible for it. However, the police arrested a black suspect for this crime. So are you saying what Andy Ngo reported about the perpetrator of the crime is not true?

There was a homicide with an Asian-American as the victim, which caused a demonstration to be orgranised by someone/some group who claimed that white nationalists were responsible for it. However, the police arrested a black suspect for this crime. So are you saying what Andy Nog reported about the perpetrator of the crime is not true?

You have no idea who organized the demonstration or what it was about. Why don't you use those detective skills that you use to trawl the internet for crimes committed by non-white people to do some detective work about the protest? You can start by rereading my posts about it. Come on, we know you've got the detective skills to excel at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭newhouse87

TBF it was the fact that left wing activists were organising a protests about white people attacking Asians after that asian man was killed, people are just pointing to the fact the whole premise of the protest is false as it was not a white person who committed the crime they were protesting about, surely you agree facts should be priority and this protest had a false totally inaccurate pretense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Sadly extremists only ever see extremism in others, so this foolish dance will continue.

Extremists see extremists everywhere, that's an interesting take Tom
    TomTomTim wrote: »
    sees the rise of Marxist groups like Antifa.

:D:D:D:D
    So would seeing only the marxist extremists in antifa not make you an extremist Tom?
    I wonder what type of extremist you are!

There was a homicide with an Asian-American as the victim, which caused a demonstration to be orgranised by someone/some group who claimed that white nationalists were responsible for it. However, the police arrested a black suspect for this crime. So are you saying what Andy Ngo reported about the perpetrator of the crime is not true?

Blind to race I thought you were kivaro, is this not an American on American violence?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, race is only important when it can drive the left agenda.
    Be less white eh?

biko wrote: »
    Yes, race is only important when it can drive the left agenda.
    Be less white eh?

Not sure how you conclude that but surprised you didn't casually throw in a crime committed by a non-white person there Biko. Opportunity missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

BLM group raked in $90MILLION in donations last year: Leaders disclose finances for the first time - but angry local chapters say they are not being given any of the money

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9291809/Black-Lives-Matter-opens-finances.html

Getting Payed chang chang

Well I'm not going to go through your posts but safe to say that in this thread you're only going to post crimes by non-white people as posting crimes by white people won't fit with your agenda.

So you're basing this assumption on nothing except pure guesswork..
    It is pretty telling how people who argue against people like you don't stoop to that level.

Or they might be stooping even further (:rolleyes:) to your level.. you could argue against his posts rather than seeking to discredit him as a poster.

You're just making yourself look ridiculous with this line of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

BLM group raked in $90MILLION in donations last year: Leaders disclose finances for the first time - but angry local chapters say they are not being given any of the money

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9291809/Black-Lives-Matter-opens-finances.html

Bling Bling Matters.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

nullzero wrote: »
    Bling Bling Matters.

Black Lucre Matters?

So you're basing this assumption on nothing except pure guesswork..

"guesswork" :D Yes, it would take someone the caliber of Sherlock Holmes to figure it out.

Or they might be stooping even further (:rolleyes:) to your level.. you could argue against his posts rather than seeking to discredit him as a poster.

You're just making yourself look ridiculous with this line of discussion.

I expose the tactic of trawling the internet for non white crimes to use for race baiting and I'm the one looking ridiculous. Can you explain a bit more about that?

• Advertisement

The more spotlight on who the people are that supposedly run that group, the better. There should be some accountability considering how many corporations and media organisations threw themselves at the feet of BLM last summer. Looking at Premier League/Sky Sports I get the feeling a lot of the execs are trying to extricate themselves from the situation, getting rid of the BLM adverts but replacing them with some other token gesture instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,887 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

90m seems like pocket change for such a high profile organisation.

90M raised, 2BN damage done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

All money matters

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    All money matters

Follow the money. BLM is a political group. As soon as Joe Biden was elected President, the BLM protests around the US stopped. Did police brutality cease as soon as Joe won the election? The protests were turned off as quick as it was turned on by the Democratic Party, with the flip of a switch. Regarding the money trail, there seems to be a lot of fraud and scamming going on. One example is where $4.35 million in donations were sent to a California-based group of 3 called the Black Lives Matter Foundation ....... which had no connection to the "official" BLM movement.

Racial equity groups is now a billion dollar industry according to a report on the BBC, and with that comes greed and fraud. There's big money in trying to make the white man the root cause of all the ills in the world. Meanwhile, on the continent of Africa ...................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Being loaded matters

Sure it's only racist if a white person does . If you'd care to have a look yourself you'll see that most of the attacks on asians have been carried out by african americans. Ah sure I'll just stick my head in the sand till another white person does something .

Your just making that up you have no such data.

In fact there have been numerous reports of increases in racism towards people of Asian ancestry in the US since the start of the pandemic and no indication in any sources that it is being committed by mainly by "african americans"
    Today, as the U.S. struggles to combat a global pandemic that has taken the lives of more than 120,000 Americans and put millions out of work, President Donald Trump, who has referred to COVID-19 as the “Chinese virus” and more recently the “kung flu,” has helped normalize anti-Asian xenophobia, stoking public hysteria and racist attacks. And now, as in the past, it’s not just Chinese Americans receiving the hatred. Racist aggressors don’t distinguish between different ethnic subgroups—anyone who is Asian or perceived to be Asian at all can be a victim. Even wearing a face mask, an act associated with Asians before it was recommended in the U.S., could be enough to provoke an attack.

https://time.com/5858649/racism-coronavirus/
    Attacks on East Asian people living in the US have shot up during the pandemic, revealing an uncomfortable truth about American identity.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52714804

The more spotlight on who the people are that supposedly run that group, the better. There should be some accountability considering how many corporations and media organisations threw themselves at the feet of BLM last summer. Looking at Premier League/Sky Sports I get the feeling a lot of the execs are trying to extricate themselves from the situation, getting rid of the BLM adverts but replacing them with some other token gesture instead.

They stopped doing all the blm protests at the nba games this season after people started tuning off . I guess the players were more worried about the millions theyd lose than BLM

I expose the tactic of trawling the internet for non white crimes to use for race baiting and I'm the one looking ridiculous. Can you explain a bit more about that?

You exposed nothing. You have no evidence, and when asked to prove it, retreated to saying that you couldn't be bothered doing the work.

You're slinging mud.

You're seeking to discredit a poster, not by attacking his post.. but by attacking the poster. And we all know it. Hence why you're looking ridiculous (expose the tactic.. that got me laughing).

But I'm done. Little point continuing with this.

You exposed nothing. You have no evidence, and when asked to prove it, retreated to saying that you couldn't be bothered doing the work.

You're slinging mud.

You're seeking to discredit a poster, not by attacking his post.. but by attacking the poster. And we all know it. Hence why you're looking ridiculous (expose the tactic.. that got me laughing).

But I'm done. Little point continuing with this.

This is quite bizarre. I was saying that the poster has only posted crimes by non-white people in this thread. It's pretty easy to prove me wrong, which I'm sure would have been done already if I was wrong. The guys post history makes it very obvious that I'm right.

So I'm afraid you have absolutely no point here whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Your just making that up you have no such data.

In fact there have been numerous reports of increases in racism towards people of Asian ancestry in the US since the start of the pandemic and no indication in any sources that it is being committed by mainly by "african americans"

https://time.com/5858649/racism-coronavirus/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52714804

There's plenty of data out there if you'd look for it. It's well documented that african americans are targeting asian long before trump said
    " chinese virus" .

Here's an article from 2010

https://hyphenmagazine.com/blog/2010/5/3/openish-thread-recent-black-asian-violence-hate-crime

Here's another article from 2012

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Dirty-secret-of-black-on-Asian-violence-is-out-3265760.php

City officials, including the Police Department, say these assaults are part of a larger crime picture where gangs of kids take advantage of a vulnerable group of small stature. But Mo participated in a 2008 survey by the Police Department in which about 300 strong-arm robberies were analyzed. "In 85 percent of the physical assault crimes, the victims were Asian and the perpetrators were African American," she said.

Advertisement