Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

As much as I am entitled to call you out on your opinion being based on nothing at all.

You stated that the majority of people here don't call out racism, implying a tacit acceptance and encouragement of racism.

That wasn't an opinion. That was a statement of fact. Which was wrong.

Dunne the emboldened piece is your opinion not mine. Please desist with the badgering posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Being racist and committing racism are different things.
    I have not accused any individual poster of racism. Please report any false accusations of racism to a moderator
    Regards
    Rob

You can play word games if you want but the fact is you falsely accused people of being racist. You obviously can't back it up so I'll leave it there.

Dunne I am going to stop responding to your badgering posts. You have not presented a single piece of evidence that I called posters racist.

If you have any such evidence the correct action is to report me to a moderator not to attempt to derail the thread.

I'm not badgering. I asked you to back up the claim that "most posters on here" struggle to admit racism is wrong.

You can't/won't so I'll leave it there.

It just makes a nonsense of your "opinion" if you can't reason why you hold that opinion.

It is consistent I suppose that you misuse the word "badgering" when you also misuse the word "racism".

Dunne the emboldened piece is your opinion not mine. Please desist with the badgering posts.

At least my opinion is based on evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Didn't go well for you there Robbie.

Regards,
    Wren.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Deflect, deflect, deflect.

It goes without saying, I condem all racist attacks. Are you happy now? Doesn't matter if it's black on white, white on black, asian, etc. All racism is wrong.

By the way, I'm in no way offended that you didn't reply to my question. I'm just querying where you are getting the idea that most of us here don't think racism is wrong. And you don't seem to be able to back up this assertion.

Is my opinion worth that much to so many posters that they badger me so persistently as result of the opinion I have formed from reading this thread?

I have posted numerous actual incidents of racism reported by the media (Each of those reports being recently published articles. Most no more than a day old) yet they have garnered not nearly as much traction as my personal opinion.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Skysports done an interview with Tony Burnett head of the kick it out campaign.
    Online abuse, discrimination and racism have surged in recent months with many footballers targeted; read our full Q&A transcript with new Kick It Out boss Tony Burnett, with misogyny and homophobia also discussed in wide-ranging interview
    Why aren't people who post hate online being penalised and brought to justice?

It's complex. Look at the volume of online hate - I was in the police force. There's no way regional police forces have the resources to police and investigate every instance of online hate - in football, or outside football. Police will prosecute the most serious cases, of course, but this is a wider problem in society

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12228291/kick-it-out-boss-tony-burnett-q-a-footballs-online-hate-discrimination-and-racism-problem

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Detritus70

You can play word games if you want but the fact is you falsely accused people of being racist. You obviously can't back it up so I'll leave it there.

Exactly who did he accuse?

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

Detritus70 wrote: »
    Exactly who did he accuse?

More than half of the posters on here

Racism is a problem. What's your point?

• Advertisement

It's simple. I'll break it down. I'll even talk slow and explain the longer words.
    BLM, because systemic* racism in the US. (meaning it's everywhere).
    This is not about you, you whiney little bitch. Not everything is. Nobody was even paying attention or even looking at you until you jumped up and started going "But! But! But! What About Me?!"
    Well, what about you?
    Nothing!
    Stop whining and pay attention why this is a thing!
    Message ends, thank you for your custom, if you have any questions, just re-read this message.
    Have a splendid day.

And yes. If you keep saying ALL Lives matter, even though you could and should have just read up on BLM and the difference to the KKK, then you are now officially racist. Congratulations!
    Has it ever occured to you why you always hear about racists attacks on minorities, but never on white people?
    No one has ever called me a white cnut or attacked me because of my color. I am aware that as a caucasian male I have certain advantages. And that even here in Europe. I live in Germany and I am fully aware that a lot of peope will instantly dislike black people. I've lived in Ireland and don't tell me it's not the same. Because if you do, your're either a liar or a moron.
    It would be extremely idiotic to suggest otherwise. I think I would forget to breathe if I lowered my IQ to that point.

Prison Service attempts to get staff Facebook group removed over racist posts
    Recent posts by prison officers mocked black people and Travellers

:eek:
    Needs to be greater action here taken against state employees engaging in racism.

The Irish Prison Service (IPS) is trying to get Facebook to remove an online group for prison officers on the basis that it contains racist and anti-Traveller material.

The IPS previously failed to have the group, which is independent of the prison service, removed by Facebook. The social media giant ruled the posts did not violate its community standards.

Following the appearance of several recent posts, including a graphic video of a black prisoner being mistreated by a white inmate in Mountjoy, the IPS is again trying to get it taken down.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/prison-service-attempts-to-get-staff-facebook-group-removed-over-racist-posts-1.4493095

I have not accused anyone of racism!
    (If you have evidence of scurrilous accusations please report them to a moderator)
    You used to be down with racism

That was directed at me, and you only sought to explain it when I asked you about it a number of times. US slang suggesting that I support racism.

I let it go previously because there was little point chasing you on it, and then, you followed that up with a mass generalisation about the posters on the thread. The reason I'm pointing it out now, is because maybe, just maybe, you'll acknowledge that this is something that you do...
    You can of course condemn those incidents or even refute the claim there are racially motivated. But really I don't deserve all your attention in a thread about racism.

Actually, you made the thread be about you when you decided to pass judgment on others. Don't be surprised when people call you on it.
    Is my opinion worth that much to so many posters that they badger me so persistently as result of the opinion I have formed from reading this thread?

Badger you so persistently over a short period of time? So many? err.. that being 2 or 3 posters? As for your opinion... it was your judgment of others that caused the backlash.

I guess you're a poor victim, and you bear no responsibility for other peoples reactions.

But sure.. let's leave it at that. Can't see you acknowledging your behavior.

Racism is a problem. What's your point?

Racism is a problem, hence BLM.
    It's so simple a 3 year old child could understand it

It's simple. I'll break it down. I'll even talk slow and explain the longer words.
    BLM, because systemic* racism in the US. (meaning it's everywhere).
    This is not about you, you whiney little bitch. Not everything is. Nobody was even paying attention or even looking at you until you jumped up and started going "But! But! But! What About Me?!"
    Well, what about you?
    Nothing!
    Stop whining and pay attention why this is a thing!
    Message ends, thank you for your custom, if you have any questions, just re-read this message.
    Have a splendid day.

And yes. If you keep saying ALL Lives matter, even though you could and should have just read up on BLM and the difference to the KKK, then you are now officially racist. Congratulations!
    Has it ever occured to you why you always hear about racists attacks on minorities, but never on white people?
    No one has ever called me a white cnut or attacked me because of my color. I am aware that as a caucasion male I have certain advantages.
    It would be extremely idiotic to suggest otherwise. I think I would forget to breathe if I lowered my IQ to that point.

That's racist.

You are a racist if you think that someone is inferior/superior, or treat someone different because of the colour of their skin

What do you think racism means?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

can any one explain when it becomes racism and when it is the result of first hand and empirical scientific evidence and statistics ?

stuff like the percentage of Africans (mostly Nigerians to be fair I know some great mates who are african) who don't work in Ireland
    traveller involvement in crime
    ditto Roma population involved in pickpocketing and shoplifting
    east Asians involved in sexual offences
    Brazilian rickshaw drivers selling drugs at the top of Grafton street

I ve had first hand experience of each and every one of these,
    so am I a racist now ?

can any one explain when it becomes racism and when it is the result of first hand and empirical scientific evidence and statistics ?

stuff like the percentage of Africans (mostly Nigerians to be fair I know some great mates who are african) who don't work in Ireland
    traveller involvement in crime
    ditto Roma population involved in pickpocketing and shoplifting
    east Asians involved in sexual offences
    Brazilian rickshaw drivers selling drugs at the top of Grafton street

I ve had first hand experience of each and every one of these,
    so am I a racist now ?
    Yes.

Racism is a problem, hence BLM.
    It's so simple a 3 year old child could understand it

can you give a 3 year olds explanation for why looting shoe shops and executing police officers will stop racism ?

Yes.

ok
    so I should just ignore all that evidence and believe what you what me to then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You are being badgered because you made a statement that implies that most of us here are racist and you have done so without providing one shred of proof.

Of course, you are entitled to that opinion but it would be nice to know what posts on here led you to forming that opinion.
    I have posted numerous actual incidents of racism reported by the media (Each of those reports being recently published articles. Most no more than a day old) yet they have garnered not nearly as much traction as my personal opinion.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

And again, nobody on here is denying that racism doesn't happen. Yes, racism happens, and it's scummy but you seem to be working under the assumption that if posters don't condemn every single article you link, then we approve of racism. That assumption is incorrect.

• Advertisement

ok
    so I should just ignore all that evidence and believe what you what me to then ?

Yes please.

And also apologise if you happen to be a cis white male.

That's 2021.

You bear no responsibility for other peoples reactions.

Spot on Klaz I bear no responsibility for the actions others take.
    Man is condemned to be free, because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does. - Jean Paul Sartre

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You are being badgered

Thanks.

Thanks.

Lol

No one has ever called me a white cnut or attacked me because of my color. I am aware that as a caucasian male I have certain advantages.

You live in predominately white nations.. of course, nobody is going to consider calling you a white <whatever> and consider the white part being an insult.. or attacked you because of your color. Unless, you were attacked by non-whites, but since they're a clear minority, the risk of that is significantly lower.

Whereas I have lived in many countries where white people are a clear minority, and have been on the receiving end of racist attacks, both physical and verbal. Just as I've spent time in Hispanic communities in the US, and been accosted because of my race...

And in a Black neighborhood, you would have advantages as a Black person, that a white person wouldn't have. Or as a Black person in Ethiopia. Since you're choosing to talk about countries that have a majority white population, of course, being white has advantages..

That's racist.

You are a racist if you think that someone is inferior/superior, or treat someone different because of the colour of their skin

What do you think racism means?

"I know you are, but what am I"
    That's the level of argument here.

Spot on Klaz I bear no responsibility for the actions others take.

Well....

when you talk ****e, expect to be called out on it.

-Common Sense

ok

Nope. You don't have to ignore all the evidence.. you just can't talk about it, or encourage others to believe as you do. If you do, then you're a racist. And likely a white supremacist, and a member of the right wing too. And you obviously are cruel to animals too.

Sack the racist and move on. Absolutely unacceptable for the police to make these remarks to anyone!

Avon and Somerset Police new PC 'made racist' remarks
    A new police officer made a "racist and wholly inappropriate" comment when she said a Muslim man was "the type who would have a bomb", a panel was told.
    It is also alleged she said she "knew" two black men arrested on suspicion of being involved in the supply of drugs and money laundering on 9 July would be detained "as soon as she saw them".
    But PC Serbanescu told the hearing: "I can't believe this is happening. It hurts me so badly. I'm not racist."

Ah the good ol I'm not racist, despite saying very obviously racist things

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-56201977

• Advertisement

You live in predominately white nations.. of course, nobody is going to consider calling you a white <whatever> and consider the white part being an insult.. or attacked you because of your color. Unless, you were attacked by non-whites, but since they're a clear minority, the risk of that is significantly lower.

Whereas I have lived in many countries where white people are a clear minority, and have been on the receiving end of racist attacks, both physical and verbal. Just as I've spent time in Hispanic communities in the US, and been accosted because of my race...

And in a Black neighborhood, you would have advantages as a Black person, that a white person wouldn't have. Or as a Black person in Ethiopia. Since you're choosing to talk about countries that have a majority white population, of course, being white has advantages..

And isn't it exactly what BLM is there to highlight? it is a US movement after all.
    This thread is about BLM. It is not about Ethopia. This is just whhataboutery to drag the argument off topic.

Advertisement