Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

Detritus70 wrote: »
    "I know you are, but what am I"
    That's the level of argument here.

No. It's not.

I don't judge people on their skin colour. Do you?

And isn't it exactly what BLM is there to highlight? it is a US movement after all.
    This thread is about BLM. It is not about Ethopia. This is just whhataboutery to drag the argument off topic.

Whereas your experience of Ireland and Germany is incredibly relevant. Funny how that works, isn't it? :rolleyes:

It's also funny how often posters contribute crap, and then deflect rather than defend what they've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Sterling Heights police officer on leave in racist Facebook post investigation
    The post, shown in a WXYZ report on Wednesday, included the image of Floyd on the ground with now-former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin’s knee on his neck.

“When you gotta change a tire but don’t wanna get your trousers dirty,” the post read, according to the WXYZ report.

Another racist police officer, what a vile thing to post. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. The fact so many incidents happen and are posted on public forums shows how little racists have been concerned about any repercussions.
    I hope he is not just kicked form the police force but also face criminal sanctions. Simply disgusting.

All fair thinking individuals should call out this type of behaviour.

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2021/02/25/sterling-heights-police-officer-accused-george-floyd-racist-facebook-post/6810404002/

Sterling Heights police officer on leave in racist Facebook post investigation

Another racist police officer, what a vile thing to post. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. The fact so many incidents happen and are posted on public forums shows how little racists have been concerned about any repercussions.
    I hope he is not just kicked form the police force but also face criminal sanctions. Simply disgusting.

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2021/02/25/sterling-heights-police-officer-accused-george-floyd-racist-facebook-post/6810404002/

How is it racist?

Tasteless. Yes.

Racist? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Whereas your experience of Ireland and Germany is incredibly relevant. Funny how that works, isn't it? :rolleyes:

It's also funny how often posters contribute crap, and then deflect rather than defend what they've said.

Apparently a lot of black folks in the US seem concerned. If they say so in their millions, who am I (or anyone else on this post) who isn't an African-American to argue otherwise?
    If you do, you're telling black people in the US "actually I know your situation better than you" and isn't that just a tiny bit presumptive?
    Actually no, it's massively arrogant and condescending at the very least, veering towards hateful.
    This forum really is a toilet.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Advertisement

Well....

Am I allowed hold a personal opinion and express that opinion?

Apparently a lot of black folks in the US seem concerned. If they say so in their millions, who am I (or anyone else on this post) who isn't an African-American to argue otherwise?
    If you do, you're telling black people in the US "actually I know your situation better than you" and isn't that just a tiny bit presumptive?
    Actually no, it's massively arrogant and condescending at the very least, veering towards hateful.

And this is why I oppose "hate speech" laws. It's because people like this would be able to define what I can and can't say.

Sack the racist and move on. Absolutely unacceptable for the police to make these remarks to anyone!

Avon and Somerset Police new PC 'made racist' remarks

Ah the good ol I'm not racist, despite saying very obviously racist things

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-56201977

Serbemscu from Somerset.. The exact name I'd imagine to be an aul white supremacist.

Great advert for the fact that there's no inclusion.

Definitely anti immigration too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

It's simple. I'll break it down. I'll even talk slow and explain the longer words.
    BLM, because systemic* racism in the US. (meaning it's everywhere).
    This is not about you, you whiney little bitch. Not everything is. Nobody was even paying attention or even looking at you until you jumped up and started going "But! But! But! What About Me?!"
    Well, what about you?
    Nothing!
    Stop whining and pay attention why this is a thing!
    Message ends, thank you for your custom, if you have any questions, just re-read this message.
    Have a splendid day.

And yes. If you keep saying ALL Lives matter, even though you could and should have just read up on BLM and the difference to the KKK, then you are now officially racist. Congratulations!
    Has it ever occured to you why you always hear about racists attacks on minorities, but never on white people?
    No one has ever called me a white cnut or attacked me because of my color. I am aware that as a caucasian male I have certain advantages. And that even here in Europe. I live in Germany and I am fully aware that a lot of peope will instantly dislike black people. I've lived in Ireland and don't tell me it's not the same. Because if you do, your're either a liar or a moron.
    It would be extremely idiotic to suggest otherwise. I think I would forget to breathe if I lowered my IQ to that point.

All lives do in fact matter though.

WrenBoy wrote: »

Ugh. Racist.

• Advertisement

Smacks of privileged experience

It's tasteless.

tasteless
    /ˈteɪs(t)ləs/
    adjective
    lacking flavour.
    "the vegetables were watery and tasteless"

considered to be lacking in aesthetic judgement or to constitute inappropriate behaviour.
    "a tasteless joke"

That's your definition and take on this incident. Tasteless?

So.. in your eyes, only African-Americans should be allowed to discuss this topic? Even though, large numbers of white (and other racial groups) have been involved in the fight for racial equality?

In any case, you're attempting to shift goalposts, away from your original post.

Strangely enough, you're the only person assuming to know what Black people feel or don't feel... We, on the other hand, can and should be able to draw on our own experiences of racism, which provides perspective .

As for being arrogant and condescending.. you're mastering that quite well, all by yourself. Jesus.. the double standards are just flowing off you.

Actually, no, it's not... but then, I've noticed that certain kinds of posters appear, post some crap expecting to be hailed as messiahs and then, when they meet any kind of resistance to their 'enlightened' views, they retreat behind insults or seek to dismiss the forum as a whole.

It's tasteless.

I don't find it amusing and I'm not happy It exists.

But no,I don't find it anymore racist than your assertion that most posters on here are ok with racism.

Just because I don't agree with something, doesn't mean I want it erased or feel an example is proof of systemic prevalence in society

If the person on the ground, was white, then it wouldn't be racist. Since a Black person is held that way, it is racist. It's not about what was said... it's the fact that they're showing Black people as potentially being criminals, and so, racist.

At least, that's the logic I've figured out so far about these kind of accusations.

Boy, 17, arrested after racist graffiti scrawled on Northern Quarter George Floyd mural

The stupidity of Racists. Thinking he could do is in a very high CCTV area. Caught but I wouldn't expect much punishment.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/boy-17-arrested-george-floyd-19922702

Probably wasn't racist eh the dunne probably just tasteless!

If the person on the ground, was white, then it wouldn't be racist. Since a Black person is held that way, it is racist. It's not about what was said... it's the fact that they're showing Black people as potentially being criminals, and so, racist.

At least, that's the logic I've figured out so far about these kind of accusations.

“When you gotta change a tire but don’t wanna get your trousers dirty,”

And picture of George Flyod being killed had no racist intent.
    Is that your take Klaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Thanks.

Once again only seeing what you want to see.

You do realise that you aren't actually making an argument in any of your posts. All you are doing is posting links to media articles detailing where something racist happened.

Nobody on here is saying racist things aren't happening so what's your game?

Actually it's pointless trying to discuss anyting with you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

tasteless
    /ˈteɪs(t)ləs/
    adjective
    lacking flavour.

considered to be lacking in aesthetic judgement or to constitute inappropriate behaviour.
    "a tasteless joke"

I think this is much more your own problem rather than everyone elses

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-40124781

So.. in your eyes, only African-Americans should be allowed to discuss this topic? Even though, large numbers of white (and other racial groups) have been involved in the fight for racial equality?

Not my point.
    My point is, if you're a white, European, reasonably comfortable person, you really shouldn't say "actuallly, those BLM guys don't know sh*t, I know better than them".

tasteless
    /ˈteɪs(t)ləs/
    adjective
    lacking flavour.

"a tasteless joke"

Yes. I feel it was inappropriate.

What's yours?

As I've pointed out, if you want dictionary definitions of the word "racist", you fit into that description
    a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others

I treat every person equally. You seem intent on giving others a "leg up" because you feel they are being treated as inferior.

That's racist.

• Advertisement

Not my point.
    My point is, if you're a white, European, reasonably comfortable person, you really shouldn't say "actuallly, those BLM guys don't know sh*t, I know better than them".

I don't know what it's like to be black in the same way black people don't know what it's like to be white.

But what about it? Should we do segregation again? Do you feel sorry for black people?

I think this is much more your own problem rather than everyone elses

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-40124781

Yeah Stevo not being able to admit that what the police officer did by posting that image and his despicable comment is racist is my implicit bias showing.
    :D:D:D:D

The denial is strong in this one!

If the person on the ground, was a white CRIMINAL , then it wouldn't be racist. Since a Black CRIMINAL is held that way, it is racist. It's not about what was said... it's the fact that they're showing Black people as potentially being criminals, and so, racist.

I wonder if this makes it more or less comfortable for some people

“When you gotta change a tire but don’t wanna get your trousers dirty,”

And picture of George Flyod being killed had no racist intent.
    Is that your take Klaz?

His trousers were on a black persons neck. The implication therefore can't mean the black person was dirty.

It's a silly and purposely controversial"joke".

Not an indication of systemic racism

Yeah Stevo not being able to admit that what the police officer did by posting that image and his despicable comment is racist is my implicit bias showing.
    :D:D:D:D

The denial is strong in this one!

didn't even read the article did you ? just want to label every one a racist to make your self feel like good guy

Not my point.

Far be it from me to tell you what you were trying to say but it seemed the thrust was more that us "whiney little bitches" should shut up and support the organisation known as BLM because we are white and racism is "everywhere" in every institution.
    Also stating the belief that all lives are of equal value is Racist. That white people are are never the victim of racist attacks (laughable) but they are constantly attacking minorities. To be honest I thought it was satire.
    It's simple. I'll break it down. I'll even talk slow and explain the longer words.
    BLM, because systemic* racism in the US. (meaning it's everywhere).
    This is not about you, you whiney little bitch. Not everything is. Nobody was even paying attention or even looking at you until you jumped up and started going "But! But! But! What About Me?!"
    Well, what about you?
    Nothing!
    Stop whining and pay attention why this is a thing!
    Message ends, thank you for your custom, if you have any questions, just re-read this message.
    Have a splendid day.

And yes. If you keep saying ALL Lives matter, even though you could and should have just read up on BLM and the difference to the KKK, then you are now officially racist. Congratulations!
    Has it ever occured to you why you always hear about racists attacks on minorities, but never on white people?
    No one has ever called me a white cnut or attacked me because of my color. I am aware that as a caucasian male I have certain advantages. And that even here in Europe. I live in Germany and I am fully aware that a lot of peope will instantly dislike black people. I've lived in Ireland and don't tell me it's not the same. Because if you do, your're either a liar or a moron.
    It would be extremely idiotic to suggest otherwise. I think I would forget to breathe if I lowered my IQ to that point.

I don't know what it's like to be black in the same way black people don't know what it's like to be white.

But what about it? Should we do segregation again? Do you feel sorry for black people?

Why do you want segregation?

Far be it from me to tell you what you were trying to say but it seemed the thrust was more that us "whiney little bitches" should shut up and support the organisation known as BLM because we are white and racism is "everywhere" in every institution.
    Also stating the belief that all lives are of equal value is Racist. That white people are are never the victim of racist attacks (laughable) but they are constantly attacking minorities. To be honest I thought it was satire.

Ah, found your level of understanding. I did have to dumb it down considerably
    It is it of course far more complex than that, but I don't want to overtax your intellect.

Ah, found your level of understanding. I did have to dumb it down considerably

Please do. It was obviously to high brow for me especially the cnut part

• Advertisement

Yes. I feel it was inappropriate.

What's yours?

As I've pointed out, if you want dictionary definitions of the word "racist", you fit into that description

I treat every person equally. You seem intent on giving others a "leg up" because you feel they are being treated as inferior.

That's racist.

It was racism!
    racism
    /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

You state I'm racist. With no evidence.

Then you make up something I just simply haven't said and put it in quotation marks (""). Your deluded.

Is the reason you refuse to admit this is racism because you are scared to be shown agreeing with something I post?

Advertisement