Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Detritus70

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Please do.

I already have. Not possible to go further without resorting to grunting and pointing.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Detritus70 wrote: »
    I already have. Not possible without resorting to grunting and pointing.

Well then maybe I wasn't far off with my interpretation.

Why do you want segregation?

I don't.

But constant talk of *insert minority* safe spaces and white people to recognise their privileged position and to try to be less white is telling white people they need to "keep to their own" and let "people of colour" to be recognised outside of the "white" controlled society.

That's segregation.

Let every person be judged on their merit, not their colour.

That's what I want.

No white knighting twats telling me that I'm racist all the time because I don't care what colour a person is.

All lives do matter.

That's only controversial to racists.

It was racism!

You state I'm racist. With no evidence.

Then you make up something I just simply haven't said and put it in quotation marks (""). Your deluded.

Is the reason you refuse to admit this is racism because you are scared to be shown agreeing with something I post?

You stated that half the board here is racist. With no evidence.

I do believe you are racist.

Do you believe white privilege exists?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

More anti Asian racism rearing its ugly head

University of Southampton lecturer 'beaten up in racist attack'
    A university lecturer has said he was subjected to a violent, racist attack while out jogging.

Chinese national Peng Wang, 37, said four white men shouted at him to "go home" in Southampton on Tuesday.

He said he needed treatment for facial and elbow injuries after they punched and kicked him to the ground, leaving him with a bloody nose and mouth

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-56209881

• Advertisement

Honest question; if four black men beat up this same person, would it be racism?

Is the racism the fact he was "told to go home" or the fact that the people who did it were white?

“When you gotta change a tire but don’t wanna get your trousers dirty,”

And picture of George Flyod being killed had no racist intent.
    Is that your take Klaz?

Nope. George Floyd (notice the spelling?) was killed for a number of reasons, of which racism was one. Was it the primary reason? hmm.. I still don't truly know about that, since I've heard so many possible reasons for it happening.

In any case, you're doing it again. Introducing other factors that are unrelated to my original point. That the racism exists only because "the perp" in the photo is black. If the perp has been white nobody would have shouted racist, even though it's perfectly possible for people to be racist against their own..

Not my point.
    My point is, if you're a white, European, reasonably comfortable person, you really shouldn't say "actuallly, those BLM guys don't know sh*t, I know better than them".

haha.. Good lord.. dancing on thin ice... saying the same things but trying to reword them to make it 'sound' different. :rolleyes:

Nope. George Floyd (notice the spelling?) was killed for a number of reasons, of which racism was one. Was it the primary reason? hmm.. I still don't truly know about that, since I've heard so many possible reasons for it happening.

In any case, you're doing it again. Introducing other factors that are unrelated to my original point. That the racism exists only because "the perp" in the photo is black. If the perp has been white nobody would have shouted racist, even though it's perfectly possible for people to be racist against their own..

Are you ok?

I'm not even speaking about the original George Floyd incident. Haven't brought it up.
    A news article yesterday was published about a police officer who used the image of George Floyd and and the caption I have already posted numerous times was added by that officer in a post they posted on their own facebook account.

A private individual reported it and the officer has been suspended while an investigation is under way. A serving police officer should not be posting content like that. It was posted with racist intent by the officer that is what the article I posted earlier alluded to.

I am not dealing with the specifics of the George Floyd case but rather an officer using that image to create a racist meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Honest question; if four black men beat up this same person, would it be racism?

Is the racism the fact he was "told to go home" or the fact that the people who did it were white?

No point asking any questions as he/she/they won't answer any of them. The only think that will happen is that he/she/they will post links to racist or possible racist attacks.

• Advertisement

Only need one full stop there Klaz notice how you used two incorrectly. :rolleyes:

Are you ok?

I'm not even speaking about the original George Floyd incident. Haven't brought it up.
    A news article yesterday was published about a police officer who used the image of George Floyd and and the caption I have already posted numerous times was added by that officer in a post they posted on their own facebook account.

A private individual reported it and the officer has been suspended while an investigation is under way. A serving police officer should not be posting content like that. It was posted with racist intent by the officer that is what the article I posted earlier alluded to.

I am not dealing with the specifics of the George Floyd case but rather an officer using that image to create a racist meme.

How is it racist?

What is racism to you?

How is it racist?

What is racism to you?

Why don't you tell the rest of us what a racist is and when constitutes racism?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It was racism!

You state I'm racist. With no evidence.

Then you make up something I just simply haven't said and put it in quotation marks (""). Your deluded.

Is the reason you refuse to admit this is racism because you are scared to be shown agreeing with something I post?

Mod: RobbieTheRobber don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Apparently a lot of black folks in the US seem concerned. If they say so in their millions, who am I (or anyone else on this post) who isn't an African-American to argue otherwise?
    If you do, you're telling black people in the US "actually I know your situation better than you" and isn't that just a tiny bit presumptive?
    Actually no, it's massively arrogant and condescending at the very least, veering towards hateful.
    This forum really is a toilet.

Good post. Surprising how some people care so much about racial equality but seem to miss the posts about real life racism. They seem to overwhelmingly comment on the incidents of crime by non-white people and not comment on the incidents of crime by white people. Maybe they simply didn't see those posts of crimes by non-white people. It's certainly strange to see so many people seem to miss posts like that but not miss the crimes by non-whites that get posted.

Good post. Surprising how some people care so much about racial equality but seem to miss the posts about real life racism. They seem to overwhelmingly comment on the incidents of crime by non-white people and not comment on the incidents of crime by white people. Maybe they simply didn't see those posts of crimes by non-white people. It's certainly strange to see so many people seem to miss posts like that but not miss the crimes by non-whites that get posted.

Now now.

It can be easily said that you focus on racist crimes (i.e. white on POC, rather than POC on white people) rather than crime in general.

We all acknowledge racism exists. The vast majority of people disagree with it.

Constantly berating non racist people for the actions of racists will have a detrimental effect.

I'm assuming you agree we shouldn't accuse all Muslims of terrorism because a few are.

Yet you believe all white people should acknowledge"their privilege" because a few do?

Or do you actually believe white people are superior in society?

Prison Service attempts to get staff Facebook group removed over racist posts
    Recent posts by prison officers mocked black people and Travellers

:eek:
    Needs to be greater action here taken against state employees engaging in racism.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/prison-service-attempts-to-get-staff-facebook-group-removed-over-racist-posts-1.4493095

Shocking stuff and even more shocking that the reaction is not to find the culprits but instead to lobby facebook to delete the group.

Now now.

It can be easily said that you focus on racist crimes (i.e. white on POC, rather than POC on white people) rather than crime in general.

We all acknowledge racism exists. The vast majority of people disagree with it.

Constantly berating non racist people for the actions of racists will have a detrimental effect.

I'm assuming you agree we shouldn't accuse all Muslims of terrorism because a few are.

Yet you believe all white people should acknowledge"their privilege" because a few do?

Or do you actually believe white people are superior in society?

Why are you asking weird questions that have nothing to do with what I posted? Is everything ok?

Why are you asking weird questions that have nothing to do with what I posted? Is everything ok?

I'm fine.

Can you answer questions put to you in a discussion or would you like to remain silent for fear of ruining your argument?

I don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Apparently a lot of black folks in the US seem concerned. If they say so in their millions, who am I (or anyone else on this post) who isn't an African-American to argue otherwise?
    If you do, you're telling black people in the US "actually I know your situation better than you" and isn't that just a tiny bit presumptive?
    Actually no, it's massively arrogant and condescending at the very least, veering towards hateful.
    This forum really is a toilet.

Well that's it then isn't it. You don't really have an opinion on any of this. You're effectively just a vessel for whatever it is you believe "a lot of black folks" think. There's no point discussing anything with you because you're not capable of it.

• Advertisement

Well that's it then isn't it. You don't really have an opinion on any of this. You're effectively just a vessel for whatever it is you believe "a lot of black folks" think. There's no point discussing anything with you because you're not capable of it.

Maybe he realizes that since he's not black he doesn't really know what it's like and what difficulties they face? Unfortunately he's not like some white people who seem to be experts on what black people go through.

I'm fine.

Can you answer questions put to you in a discussion or would you like to remain silent for fear of ruining your argument?

I don't mind.

Another weird question bud. Putting strange presuppositions into questions makes the question come across as odd. Are you aware of that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This video has been posted before but deserves a re-run.
    White protestors in Portland tries to shut down conversation between black protestor and black police.

https://youtu.be/cturvngdI04?t=87

Another weird question bud. Putting strange presuppositions into questions makes the question come across as odd. Are you aware of that now?

Another non-answer "bud".

Refusing to answer questions comes across as tacit admission that you have no argument. Are you aware of that now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

biko wrote: »
    This video has been posted before but deserves a re-run.
    White protestors in Portland tries to shut down conversation between black protestor and black police.

https://youtu.be/cturvngdI04?t=87

White liberal racists. Malcolm X warned about them in the 60's. Sadly they have increased in numbers and have taken over Uni's and media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭whysobecause

More reports of racist attacks on Asians. Abc 17 a fox subsidiary reports

“They were hurling racial insults they were calling me ‘Ching Chong,’ ‘C***k,’ ‘Chinese virus,’” Kim said. “They told me to go back to China.”

Kim, who served in the United States Air Force, said he has been the target of racist comments before. He also said his friend showed up at the right moment that night and scared the attackers away.

“Definitely glad I was there,” Joseph Cha said. “Thankful to God I was there.”

https://abc17news.com/news/national-world/2021/02/25/hate-crimes-against-asian-americans-increase-during-pandemic/

Looks like the Asians will have to protect themselves again.
    Like during the 1992 riots, from the same type of people.
    Korean-men-defending-Koreatown-during-the-1992-LA-riot.jpg

New York times today continuing the reporting on racist attacks and abuse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/26/nyregion/asian-hate-crimes-attacks-ny.html

When will you post an Anti-Asian attack story,were the aggression is done by a White person.

Good job, you finally posted a news story were the racist attack was carried out by White people.

Good job, you finally posted a news story were the racist attack was carried out by White people.

An attack which included racial slurs.

• Advertisement

Maybe he realizes that since he's not black he doesn't really know what it's like and what difficulties they face? Unfortunately he's not like some white people who seem to be experts on what black people go through.

Sure.. but I'm a little bemused by the assumption that people/posters are supposedly claiming that they understand what Black people face...

We can appreciate some of what they face, which provides a degree of perspective, because we've all experienced some forms of discrimination, and others have faced actual racism directed towards them while living/working in non-white nations.

This just seems like another attempt, in a long line of similar attempts, to shutdown opinions that don't match a certain theme.. ie. the BLM theme.

So.. I'm curious. Should all the non-black people who have supported BLM or been active in race related civil rights just shut up, and go home, because they don't know what it's like to be black?

Advertisement