Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

BLM showed activists harasses children on their way to a cheer competition in Louisville. Yelling at children, screaming at them and calling “white privileged”. What absolute parasites

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1368327106002784257

Trump is gone now. BLM won't get media coverage. It's grand.

It's absolutely pathetic how the BLM "supporters" can't see how they were duped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

BLM showed activists harasses children on their way to a cheer competition in Louisville. Yelling at children, screaming at them and calling “white privileged”. What absolute parasites

Best reply possible!

https://twitter.com/dickiebaird/status/1368488003446923264?s=20

Trump is gone now. BLM won't get media coverage. It's grand.

It's absolutely pathetic how the BLM "supporters" can't see how they were duped.

They brought it upon themselves.

All the same, BLM will regain attention, because their whole process is focused on destabilisation, and shock tactics. The US hasn't resolved it's issues with race and identity, so BLM still have a fertile ground to plant their divisive messages.. and plenty of people seeking a crusade to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Feel very sorry for those kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It isnt a good reply. Pointing out the hypocrisy of the people attacking you doesn't stop them from attacking you. Its about power, not principles or consistency.

Sand wrote: »
    It isnt a good reply. Pointing out the hypocrisy of the people attacking you doesn't stop them from attacking you. Its about power, not principles or consistency.

And they display that power by being openly hypocritical.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We're arriving at a point where black people can in broad daylight yell at kids and no-one dares to step in and pull them up on their ****.

That's real privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

This has been up for over a day now and not one of the BLM defenders has condemned it. I've seen them post on other threads and I reckon they keep an eye on this one. I'm not saying they would support this but they must have seen it and I'd be surprised if they didn't think it was wrong and pretty nasty.

Lots of assumptions in the above paragraph, I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,884 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Incidentally jury selection for the trial of Derek Chauvin, the police officer accused of killing George Floyd, started today.

The judge has delayed jury selection following prosecutors saying they would ask the appeals court to delay proceedings as the panel weighs whether the third-degree murder charge can be brought against Mr Chauvin.

Legal experts say that adding a third-degree charge could make it easier for prosecutors to get a conviction.
    Mr Chauvin is currently accused of second-degree unintentional murder and manslaughter.

• Advertisement

Incidentally jury selection for the trial of Derek Chauvin, the police officer accused of killing George Floyd, started today.

The judge has delayed jury selection following prosecutors saying they would ask the appeals court to delay proceedings as the panel weighs whether the third-degree murder charge can be brought against Mr Chauvin.

Legal experts say that adding a third-degree charge could make it easier for prosecutors to get a conviction.
    Mr Chauvin is currently accused of second-degree unintentional murder and manslaughter.

It's being covered on CourtTV which is available on freeview.

For 3rd degree they don't need to prove intent, which suggests they mightn't have such a strong case. Chauvin agreed to admit to 3rd degree and do 10 years but the prosecution didn't take it at the time.

I wonder how much the politicisation of this issue will affect the fairness of the outcome. Jury selection is going to be key.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

He should definitely do time, and most likely will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

biko wrote: »

Depends on the medical evidence presumably.

biko wrote: »

Thing is, the knee on the neck is part of their training. He was also very high on drugs at the time and had heart issues.

It's very distressing what happened but how do we know the policeman directly caused his death? We don't. That's what the trial is there is uncover.

One thing is for sure, there will be big riots if he doesn't go to prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,457 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

he will not be convicted of anything murdery, get ready for riots inspired by fake news

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    he will not be convicted of anything murdery, get ready for riots inspired by fake news

Mostly peaceful riots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It was the cop choked a man to death, why scaremonger about the public reaction should he get off?
    There's broadly speaking two schools of thought; peaceful protest ala Martin Luther King jnr. or tired of being beaten down and treated unfairly for generations violence ala Malcom X.
    People feel the need to revolt from time to time. Especially when a member of the public is choked to death by a police officer.

It was the cop choked a man to death

This is what is before the courts as we speak.

The man who was "choked to death" was on a large amount of extremely dangerous drugs and had a weak heart. I think it can be clearly disputed that the cop intended to cause death. It is in fact a technique they are trained to use with unruly suspects.

I wish he didn't die but we are in a grey area here. I'm not saying the cop's actions didn't at least contribute but I'd say in most cases wouldn't have resulted in death.

I would hate the judgement to be tainted by the public baying for blood or by racism if it comes down in favour of the cop. Hopefully justice prevails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

This is what is before the courts as we speak.

The man who was "choked to death" was on a large amount of extremely dangerous drugs and had a weak heart. I think it can be clearly disputed that the cop intended to cause death. It is in fact a technique they are trained to use with unruly suspects.

I wish he didn't die but we are in a grey area here. I'm not saying the cop's actions didn't at least contribute but I'd say in most cases wouldn't have resulted in death.

I would hate the judgement to be tainted by the public baying for blood or by racism if it comes down in favour of the cop. Hopefully justice prevails.

The intent is before the courts, he did choke a man to death.

7 or 8 minutes kneeling on his neck was it?

Again it seems there's more glib talk about any public outcry should he be found not guilty and a concentration on the dead man.
    A man is dead by the knee of a public servant. People are right to be pissed IMO. I'd be more concerned about more cops killing people than McDonalds having it's window put in. The most likely death is some armed white supremacist citizen 'policing' the crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

One thing is for sure, there will be big riots if he doesn't go to prison.

And don't forget the looting. For some strange reason, looting is now used as a form of protest by these groups, and it is then somehow legitimised by their supporters.

Kivaro wrote: »
    And don't forget the looting. For some strange reason, looting is now used as a form of protest by these groups, and it is then somehow legitimised by their supporters.

It's not looting, it's reparations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It's not looting, it's reparations
    Yes, many times in their own communities, from mainly minority-owned businesses.

Kivaro wrote: »

Those looters alway look so happy while they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,884 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

BLM co-founder Opal Tometi calls for a BOYCOTT of the Royal Family
    She said black women like Meghan should be believed when they speak out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9341757/BLM-founder-Opal-Tometi-calls-BOYCOTT-Royal-Family-Meghans-bombshell-claims.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

^

'Opal Tometi is one of the most influential human rights leaders of our time,' her website says. 'Opal represents a level of courage and leadership that most of us only read about in Black history books,' it proclaims.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

The intent is before the courts, he did choke a man to death.

7 or 8 minutes kneeling on his neck was it?

Again it seems there's more glib talk about any public outcry should he be found not guilty and a concentration on the dead man.
    A man is dead by the knee of a public servant. People are right to be pissed IMO. I'd be more concerned about more cops killing people than McDonalds having it's window put in. The most likely death is some armed white supremacist citizen 'policing' the crowds.

You're downplaying the damage caused far too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

How exactly does the black community boycott the royal family ? Not visit Buckingham palace ?
    We've been doing that for years doesn't seem to have much of an effect.

he did choke a man to death.

Would a healthy person who was not on a "fatal level" of fentanyl have lived under the same level of stress?

Would he have died anyway?

• Advertisement

Would a healthy person who was not on a "fatal level" of fentanyl have lived under the same level of stress?

Would he have died anyway?

Shouldnt the cause of death go down as Covid? I thought that went down on the death cert and added to the figures when someone dies with covid

Advertisement