Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ben, why are you in this thread discussing another thread? Shouldn't you be in that thread instead?

BensMixed wrote: »
    Exactly my point. They don't care about crime per say. They only care about it when it's committed by "foreigners". You think the usual suspects wouldn't be all over that thread if the cop was black?

This is a thread about BLM. What have people who hate foreigners got to do with it or people not having a conversation about a tragic incident in London got to do with anything?

And again, usual suspects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Is it now my turn to rattle off crimes committed by white people? White cops?

You could just acknowledge the point that the 'paragon of a decentralized political and social movement' such as BLM is likely to be terrible people. It doesn't have to be a competition. Anyway, I have more material to work with it.
    I see quite a few of the regulars in these threads who care so deeply about crime have nothing to say in the thread about the white cop murdering that girl in London. Quite disgusting.

Now you're projecting. A media storm was created around GF's death because him being black served a narrative. A media storm was created around Alan Kurdi's death because it served a narrative. A media storm is being created around this death in London because it serves a narrative.

Whenever people point out the terrible atrocities committed against white people, a few tropes always immediately appear. Firstly the claim is made that ethnicity or race is irrelevant to the motivation for the crime. The accusation that a terrible tragedy is being crudely exploited for to serve a hateful narrative. That its unacceptable to drawn any broad conclusions about a group based on the atrocity. It is all so tiresome.

I think your projections onto others say more about yourself than anyone else.

Exactly my point. They don't care about crime per say. They only care about it when it's committed by "foreigners". You think the usual suspects wouldn't be all over that thread if the cop was black?

Did you post about David Dorn, the black ex police officer that was killed during the BLM riots?

Am I to assume you don't think that all black lives matter per "say"?

You only care when you get to promote whatever silly ****ing race baiting/virtue signalling agenda you may have?

If it had been a black cop killed by white supremacists, would the "usual suspects" be all over it?

You know what would help to have people not post about migrant gang rapes?

Migrants not gang raping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Minneapolis agrees to pay record-breaking $27M settlement to George Floyd's family.

I laughed out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Minneapolis agrees to pay record-breaking $27M settlement to George Floyd's family.

I laughed out loud.

That'd buy you a fair amount of fentanyl.

Seriously though, would they not wait on the outcome of the legal trial? I suppose different levels of proof needed between civil and criminal cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That'd buy you a fair amount of fentanyl.

Seriously though, would they not wait on the outcome of the legal trial? I suppose different levels of proof needed between civil and criminal cases.

This just softens the blow for when the cop avoids long jail time. They couldn't offer the money afterwards. It would be seen negatively by the dopey public

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Is it now my turn to rattle off crimes committed by white people? White cops? I see quite a few of the regulars in these threads who care so deeply about crime have nothing to say in the thread about the white cop murdering that girl in London. Quite disgusting.
    None of the regulars who constantly post about crimes by "foreigners" have posted in that thread. Why are you lying about that?

Mod

Go read the thread title and either contribute to the topic, or dont post again.

Others - please refrain from backseat modding. Report and move on. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

I laughed out loud.

Wonder will his family donate any of that to the pregnant woman he held at gunpoint ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Wonder will his family donate any of that to the pregnant woman he held at gunpoint ?

Or towards training for the cop suffocated their son/brother.

Or towards training for the cop suffocated their son/brother.

Or perhaps for the store owner who he tried to fob off that lead to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Or perhaps for the store owner who he tried to fob off that lead to this

He might finally get that $20 he is owed.

Sand wrote: »
    He might finally get that $20 he is owed.

Hope so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

I laughed out loud.

Laughing out loud at that says a lot.

Fantastic result for the family after what they have been through. Sadly it won't bring him back but at least they have some compensation for the awful manner of his death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Will BLM pay for the millions $ of damanges?

BLM should pay to re-fund the Minneapolis police.

Officials: $152K Spent On Private Security For Some Minneapolis City Council Members
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/07/14/officials-152k-spent-on-private-security-for-some-minneapolis-city-council-members/

When a majority of City Council members promised to “end policing as we know it” after George Floyd’s killing, they became a case study in how idealistic calls for structural change can falter.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/26/us/politics/minneapolis-defund-police.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I laughed out loud.

A ludicrous amount of money. I wonder if they included future "earnings" of this individual when calculating this figure? The $27,000,000 settlement represents caving into extortion i.e. pay up or more riots and looting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I laughed out loud.

They would give that money up in a heartbeat to have him back......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

JJayoo wrote: »
    They would give that money up in a heartbeat to have him back......

now I laughed out loud :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Kivaro wrote: »
    A ludicrous amount of money. I wonder if they included future "earnings" of this individual when calculating this figure? The $27,000,000 settlement represents caving into extortion i.e. pay up or more riots and looting.

I really doubt that it will have any effect on the eventual riots and looting ,

its been shown now that there are little to no consequences for what the blm movement have created so why not head out for a free new flat screen tv and 12 pairs of sneakers ?

regardless of the out come of the trail I would be amazed and heartened if there was not more rioting and looting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

A Twitter thread with many BLM supporters justifying the murder of satirists

https://twitter.com/Nadine_Writes/status/1370677878145363970

Regardless of what you think of the art work or the intent, these people are absolute scumbags. There's several posts where people are outright saying the Islamists were right to kill them. I genuinely fear where our civilization is heading.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Kivaro wrote: »

Don't forget they also raised about 13 million on GoFundMe as well. Not bad for someone who was a drug dealer /home invader .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

TomTomTim wrote: »
    A Twitter thread with many BLM supporters justifying the murder of satirists

https://twitter.com/Nadine_Writes/status/1370677878145363970

Regardless of what you think of the art work or the intent, these people are absolute scumbags. There's several posts where people are outright saying the Islamists were right to kill them. I genuinely fear where our civilization is heading.

Very interesting that they are now in agreement with the Islamists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,141 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Well done Wilfred, enough of this nonsense, let the dominos now fall fast and free.......

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/0313/1203828-wilfried-zaha/

Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha became the first Premier League player not to take a knee in solidarity with the anti-racism movement before this afternoon's match against West Bromwich Albion.

0016675e-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭maik3n

Well done Wilfred, enough of this nonsense, let the dominos now fall fast and free.......

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/0313/1203828-wilfried-zaha/

Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha became the first Premier League player not to take a knee in solidarity w...........
    I'd be surprised if people would be as quick to laud his decision once they read the article.
    He isn't some kind of right wing poster child, sticking it to the WOKE/BLM crowd.

He just feels that the kneeling has become an empty gesture at this stage and he and others are still receiving racist abuse anyways. :mad:

maik3n wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if people would be as quick to laud his decision once they read the article.
    He isn't some kind of right wing poster child, sticking it to the WOKE/BLM crowd.

Except, of course, most of the posters here would have little interest or sympathy for right wing groups, hence the reason many would laud his decision.

Personally, I can't abide hypocrisy, and superficial gestures. His decision appears honest to me.

Whereas, yours, on the other hand... why the need to dig at people who won't pander to virtue signalling?
    He just feels that the kneeling has become an empty gesture at this stage and he and others are still receiving racist abuse anyways. :mad:

It always was an empty gesture. The time of role-models has past. As for him receiving racist abuse, if it's in the public arena, he has legal recourse. In the area of football, he's chosen this sport, chosen to play in a place where football supporters are often very racist, and he's still there. He made a choice. An informed choice, since the nature of European football isn't a secret.

Taking the knee was a gesture for some. Grand. For me, it always appeared an empty gesture. Where is their commitment to ending racism outside of the sport?

The problem I have with your post is that, you, yourself, are actually encouraging racism to manifest, because of your intolerance for other peoples viewpoints... assigning them to the right wing, irrespective of whether the people themselves believe in such nonsense.

The fact is that the right wing ideology in Ireland is more along the lines of nationalism, as opposed to racial supremacy, since we don't have any historical background with feeling superior over other groups. If anything Irish people for a very long time, had something of an inferiority complex compared to other racial groups. In any case, the right in Ireland is not built around racism. It's build around a national and cultural identity, not racial.

But then, that doesn't matter to you, because you want to treat the world in the most simplistic of ways. Black/White. Right/Wrong. Good/Bad. No ability to appreciate nuance, or understand the way people truly behave/think in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

His reasoning was already discussed here when he spoke at this in February. And people here supported it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

He just feels that the kneeling has become an empty gesture...

Was it ever anything else...?

And 'right wing poster child'? Most were just calling it out for the ridiculousness that it always was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Feminists agreeing with ISIS.
    Iv seen it all now

Advertisement