Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

maik3n wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if people would be as quick to laud his decision once they read the article.
    He isn't some kind of right wing poster child, sticking it to the WOKE/BLM crowd.

He just feels that the kneeling has become an empty gesture at this stage and he and others are still receiving racist abuse anyways. :mad:

Right wing poster child...would you stop.

If you believe that, and you do, this is a gesture acknowledging a left wing movement using the guise of racism, which BLM is drenched in....it's then even more disturbing that a supposedly apolitical sport is being used for political ends.

If he is receiving racial abuse then it can only be online...a ban on social media would be a much more effective tool in that fight, one that everyone could get behind!!!

And it wouldn't be so easy to radicalize people like you so it's win win!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

I'd be surprised if people would be as quick to laud his decision once they read the article.
    He isn't some kind of right wing poster child, sticking it to the WOKE/BLM crowd.

He just feels that the kneeling has become an empty gesture at this stage and he and others are still receiving racist abuse anyways. :mad:

Yeah you'll still get right wing filth latching onto it like leeches but if you read the article he has quite the opposite stance. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This is the exact reason I do applaud him. It is an empty gesture for the Premier League and Sky to pretend they are doing something. It means nothing.

Zaha himself has published some horrible abuse he has received online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

BensMixed wrote: »
    Yeah you'll still get right wing filth latching onto it like leeches but if you read the article he has quite the opposite stance. Fair play to him.

You do know that being right wing is an acceptable and reasonable political stance?

What makes right wing people "filth" and "leeches"?

Being a leech is not a very right wing trait. They tend to value self sufficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

You do know that being right wing is an acceptable and reasonable political stance?

What makes right wing people "filth" and "leeches"?

Being a leech is not a very right wing trait. They tend to value self sufficiency.

Calling somebody filth because they disagree with you is quite telling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,877 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Calling somebody filth because they disagree with you is quite telling.

Anyone who studies the history of ideas should notice how much more often people on the political left, more so than others, denigrate and demonize those who disagree with them — instead of answering their arguments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Anyone who studies the history of ideas should notice how much more often people on the political left, more so than others, denigrate and demonize those who disagree with them — instead of answering their arguments.
    The lack of intellect and lack of self-control is the usual common denominator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

As a lifelong left voter, I agree.
    I can't remember this sh1ttery back in the 80s/90s or even most of the 00's
    I do remember Labour beginning to squawk like this in the early 00's, they were irrelevant in the national parliament but not so in academia, media and lobby groups.
    And here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Dunno if this goes here or the wokism thread or maybe the Piers Morgan/ Sharon Osbourne cancelled one

Actress Zazie Beetz is in the news, something about maybe or maybe not reprising her role as Domino in the upcoming Deadpool 3. People look through her Instagram and start commenting on a pic posted 3 and a half years ago...

#notracist

wt65c7vxt8n61.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dunno if this goes here or the wokism thread or maybe the Piers Morgan/ Sharon Osbourne cancelled one

Actress Zazie Beetz is in the news, something about maybe or maybe not reprising her role as Domino in the upcoming Deadpool 3. People look through her Instagram and start commenting on a pic posted 3 and a half years ago...

#notracist

wt65c7vxt8n61.jpg

The first step to equality is treating racists equally.

For all the BLM etc, it seems like race relations are getting worse and more segregated, and it seems driven by the extremists on both sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

The first step to equality is treating racists equally.

For all the BLM etc, it seems like race relations are getting worse and more segregated, and it seems driven by the extremists on both sides

True, but not on equal terms. Right wing radicals are never supported by the establishment right, whereas Democrats gladly support and encourage the actions of BLM. Many Democrats, even the VP, were raising money to bail out rioters. If you follow MSM anywhere in the west you'll see nothing but glowing coverage for the movement, which conveniently overlooks all their indiscretions. To put it simply, one side of radicals has support from the hegemony, while the other side is constantly condemned by the same hegemony. To me this makes the supported group far more dangerous, as it's been normalized in society as a just movement that must be supported, regardless of the radicalism.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

#notracist

wt65c7vxt8n61.jpg

Wow, and this has been normalised now, no one will raise a stink over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Wow, and this has been normalised now, no one will raise a stink over this.

This guy with Zazie Beatz could give Crouchie a run for his money in the punching stakes. :D

Seriously though, there'd be murder if the colours were reversed and people were asking what the white guy was doing with a black woman. Absolute uproar. And if N word is taboo, shouldn't the Cracker word be taboo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It looks like two mother whose sons were killed by cops , don't think to much of the people involved in the BLM movement

https://theslot.jezebel.com/tamir-rices-mother-releases-list-of-demands-to-those-pr-1846494423

“We never hired them to be the representatives in the fight for justice for our dead loved ones murdered by the police,” the joint statement read. “The ‘activists’ have events in our cities and have not given us anything substantial for using our loved ones’ images and names on their flyers... We don’t want or need y’all parading in the streets accumulating donations, platforms, movie deals, etc. off the death of our loved ones, while the families and communities are left clueless and broken. Don’t say our loved ones’ names period! That’s our truth!”

The statement also accuses “ambulance chasing” attorneys like Crump, whose profile has skyrocketed, due to his work with families effected by police violence, of “misleading the impacted families.” Rice says she fired Crump six to eight months after he worked her son’s case, but in the last year Crump has been involved in the cases of George Floyd, Jacob Blake, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery. On Tuesday, he held a press conference with Daisha Smalls, whose one-year-old was accidentally shot by a Houston police officer this month. His fame is reliant on the deaths of unarmed Black people, and that’s precisely Rice’s problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is the future with BLM and Antifa in control, and it's bleak.
    It has been the same pattern for every single BLM/Antifa zone to date. Burglaries, thefts, killings and regular residents fleeing for their lives.

Since the killing if Floyd there have been an autonomous zone of sorts around East 38th Street and Chicago Avenue.
    9 months of crimes and violence, and the police cannot get in.

Resident Nilsson reports that 20% of her neighbours have already fled, with another 20% preparing to move soon. “We are unsure when help is coming,” Nilsson concludes, but clearly doesn’t see it arriving in the near future.
    “I don’t feel like this area is safe. I wouldn’t go outside and say man, I feel safe today,” said a homeowner who lives near the George Floyd Memorial.

“If you aren’t going to allow police to come in here at least be against the people who are openly harming other people,” he said.

For months, he said he’s watched a variety of crimes committed outside his front door – from carjackings to burglaries. And he believes criminals feel like they’re untouchable here.
    Near George Floyd Square: Revolution by day, devolution by night
    The neighbors surrounding the site of George Floyd's death in south Minneapolis are asking for prayers, and help.

As neighbors of 38th Street and Chicago Avenue, also known as George Floyd Square or the autonomous zone, we are witnessing a revolution by day and a devolution by night.

Prayer gatherings canceled. Rallies canceled. Visitors arriving with flowers in hand, only to retreat to their cars when greeted by the sound of gunshots. Neighbors ducking for cover behind our houses, children in tow.

The spiritual health of our community, the feeling of being connected to something larger than ourselves, is collapsing.

https://www.startribune.com/near-george-floyd-square-revolution-by-day-devolution-by-night/600034699/
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/11/25/concerned-about-safety-at-38th-and-chicago-neighbor-wants-street-reopened/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I'm only after hearing about this case. The fact that he's even in court for this is absurd. Gross offense laws, hate speech laws, are all but political tools to destroy dissent.

Devon officer tells court he shared George Floyd meme for 'cheap laugh'

British police sergeant sent a “grossly offensive” doctored image of George Floyd’s arrest to fellow officers for a “cheap laugh”, a court has been told.

Geraint Jones, 47, a custody sergeant in Torquay, shared the meme – in which the police officer who arrested Floyd was replaced with a naked black man – with colleagues at Devon and Cornwall police less than a week after Floyd’s death in May last year.

He said the issue of whether the image had a racial angle “never even entered my mind” and it was intended to amuse his colleagues rather than cause offence.

Plymouth magistrates court heard that the officer forwarded the meme to a WhatsApp group of eight other people, including six police officers, after being sent it by a friend.

The meme featured Floyd’s arrest in Minneapolis on 25 May, with an image of a naked American man, Wardy Joubert III, taking the place of the arresting officer.

Two members of the WhatsApp group replied with laughing emojis but one member complained about the image and Jones was referred to the force’s professional standards department.

Jones, who has served with the police for 23 years, was charged with sending a grossly offensive image contrary to the Communications Act 2003, following an investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct. He denies the charge.

Giving evidence at his trial on Friday, Jones said the image of Joubert had featured in other memes, including scenes featuring Donald Trump and the late Captain Sir Tom Moore.

“I knew that meme was going viral at the time and they had seen it in various shapes and forms,” Jones told the court. “I saw the comedy of it because I found the character amusing and where he turns up.

“Maybe I was after a cheap laugh or trying to raise a smile. I didn’t think about it deeply and I didn’t look at the image in detail.”

He continued: “I never envisioned that I would end up in court. I know that there must be tens of thousands of people who have shared it thinking it’s humorous, probably hundreds of thousands. We don’t want to run the risk of criminalising all those people.”

Lee Bainbridge, prosecuting, said: “The prosecution case is that such an image, sent at the time that it was, was liable to cause gross offence, namely to those in the black and ethnic minority community.”

The district judge Jo Matson will give her verdict next month

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

What meme was that ......asking for a friend

What meme was that ......asking for a friend

How can I put this politely..................yer man in the meme has a c0ck like a horse. There's loads of memes with him in it. Google Wardy Joubert III. Probably not on a work computer though.

This is racism that people BLM supporters excuse. The people falling over each other to defend their reasoning as to them jumping to conclusions is astonishing. Between the racial attacks on the Asian community by African Americans and this shooting, the BLM narrative just keeps unraveling. There are dirt bags in every race.

ExMwJPoVoAYCc1n?format=jpg&name=large
    mnjn

This is racism that people BLM supporters excuse. The people falling over each other to defend their reasoning as to them jumping to conclusions is astonishing. Between the racial attacks on the Asian community by African Americans and this shooting, the BLM narrative just keeps unraveling. There are dirt bags in every race.

One othe point on your post.

Use any word that's negatively associated with black people and you are in deep doodoo. People are even giving out about using the words nitty gritty FFS.

But apparently cracker and variations of the word is fine because it refers to white people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The woman is programmed to think mass shooter=white person. Whereas the reality is the vast majority of mass shootings in the US are carried out by non-whites.

Who radicalised her?

Justice for the elderly man who was murder in a racist attack.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1375206576433287180

Justice for the elderly man who was murder in a racist attack.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1375206576433287180

Oh look another racist white guy ...

I guess black people can be racist too...

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1375203992217739267?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

From above on the effort to tackle anti-Asian hate crimes in New York: "The hate crime suspects appear to all be people of color."
    Isn't it astounding that this glaringly obvious fact is not being discussed by the BLM community and their supporters, or indeed the current US administration? Similar statistics about the perpetrators of anti-Asian crime in the San Francisco/Oakland region should ring alarm bells in the US of an issue that needs immediate intervention. But it is almost universally ignored by the mainstream media there. Wonder why?

Until problems like these are discussed in a mature manner, there will never be a meaningful solution.

Kivaro wrote: »
    From above on the effort to tackle anti-Asian hate crimes in New York: "The hate crime suspects appear to all be people of color."
    Isn't it astounding that this glaringly obvious fact is not being discussed by the BLM community and their supporters, or indeed the current US administration? Similar statistics about the perpetrators of anti-Asian crime in the San Francisco/Oakland region should ring alarm bells in the US of an issue that needs immediate intervention. But it is almost universally ignored by the mainstream media there. Wonder why?

Until problems like these are discussed in a mature manner, there will never be a meaningful solution.

I told one of boards resident SJWs , that most of the racist attacks were being committed by african americans and they though I was just being a racist and idiot . Racism is racism , but you'd at least think the media would cover it fairly .

I told one of boards resident SJWs , that most of the racist attacks were being committed by african americans and they though I was just being a racist and idiot . Racism is racism , but you'd at least think the media would cover it fairly .

Why would you think that?

The media has their own biases and agendas to plug, whether we're talking about Ireland or the US. It's been a very long time since journalists and their companies had the integrity not to dabble in social conditioning, and the pushing of their agendas.

A black man, Charles Edward Turner, has been charged with attempted homicide, and four counts of aggravated assault. Inside a McDonald’s Turner stabbed the 12 y/o boy in the neck before he tackled the child from behind while calling child ‘white devil’, along with other racial slurs.
    Yet have the cult of BLM and its sycophants who immediately jump to politicize an incident and automatically make it about race, are nowhere to be seen.

If the roles and races had been reversed, the media would have reported this incident quite differently, breathlessly blaming it on white supremacy for attacking a person of color, while rioting, destroying cities & killing people. All with the support of news media, social media, politicians etc etc Despite the plethora of racist slurs, let alone his attack, the parasite has not been charged with a hate crime. . . . .

Thankfully, The kids recovering.

Charles-Turner.jpg
    Source

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Some absolutely horrific atrocities being carried out in the Tigray region of Ethiopia at the moment. No doubt the BLM movement will simply turn a blind eye to this. Black lives only seem to matter when there is a white person involved ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9405693/Horrific-gang-rapes-taking-place-Ethiopias-Tigray-region-warns.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I don't know. I'm not involved in Black Lives Matter, but I would have assumed that one of the assumptions underpinning it is not that black people are incapable of wrongdoing or racially motivated attacks, but rather that they're disproportionally the victims of heavy handed policing.

Advertisement