Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 FactsANDLogic

We don't talk enough about African slave owners. It's not like whitey turned up in Africa with nets & lassos chasing down the black folks. They were enslaved by their own people and sold. Still a tragic blight on humanity, but the left need a clear victim and oppressor in every scenario. They're unable to do nuance, so won't even countenance the idea of black people being responsible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

We don't talk enough about African slave owners. It's not like whitey turned up in Africa with nets & lassos chasing down the black folks. They were enslaved by their own people and sold. Still a tragic blight on humanity, but the left need a clear victim and oppressor in every scenario. They're unable to do nuance, so won't even countenance the idea of black people being responsible too.
    Something else that is always left out of history is that it was Jewish owned ships that transported the slaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I'm waiting for someone to try and tell us that they got involved in gang crime because of racism or something. These types always managed to bring the blame back around to the white man.

6yovWWL.jpg

Something else that is always left out of history is that it was Jewish owned ships that transported the slaves.

I think that's a popular theory on stormfront. What's your username there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I see the BBC sport page has the year anniversary of George Floyd as a "moment that sport took the fight against racism to the next level"

Such disingenous tripe.

It was police brutality , pure and simple, race had nothing to do with it.

• Advertisement

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I see the BBC sport page has the year anniversary of George Floyd as a "moment that sport took the fight against racism to the next level"

Such disingenous tripe.

A year on and we're still kneeling because some dickhead police officer contributed to the death of a drug addict 4,000 miles away.

We're living in absurd times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Maybe because it's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

Or relevant.

TomSweeney wrote: »

Such disingenous tripe.

There was an article is the guarding suggesting his death 'changed the World'. Imagine the level of delusion one must be living in to think that.

Hhhhh wrote: »
    There was an article is the guarding suggesting his death 'changed the World'. Imagine the level of delusion one must be living in to think that.

Exactly, and as if he was some sort of noble dignified person like MLK!

Imagine how sickened the woman that had a gun held to her abdomen whilst pregnant must be feeling with this sainthood status GF has gotten.

• Advertisement

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/25/critical-race-theory-us-history-1619-project

No surprised that the guardian equate any criticism of that racist divisive nonsense CRT with the KKK.
    They really are a parody of themselves.

Good to see the anniversary of the drug addict, career criminal martyr went "mostly peaceful".

According to BBC

And in Minneapolis, many gathered at the intersection where Floyd took his last breaths, which has been turned into a memorial site.

Events at "George Floyd Square" were briefly interrupted by gunfire. One person was reported injured as at least 20 rounds were fired.

Briefly interrupted...

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

nj27 threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Please return too the topic of the thread. Thanks.

Good to see the anniversary of the drug addict, career criminal martyr went "mostly peaceful".

According to BBC

Briefly interrupted...

Lol

That's hilarious. "Briefly interrupted" I can't stop laughing at that.

When the Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building they didn't fire a single shot. They received a couple of bullets potentially. By contrast to the "mostly peaceful" memorial. The doublespeak is sickening.

For a brief moment they fired 20 rounds and then carried on with the peaceful gathering.
    No rioting no looting as they do usually, so yes, it was mostly peaceful bar those seconds needed to fire 20 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

According to BBC

Briefly interrupted...

Lol

That's why it's hard to take BLM seriously. Look at the vigil they had for Sasha Johnson yesterday , there was about 150 people there . If it had been a white guy that shot her , there'd be thousands out protesting/rioting and burning thing downs . It's like black on black crime is invisible to their community

That's why it's hard to take BLM seriously. Look at the vigil they had for Sasha Johnson yesterday , there was about 150 people there . If it had been a white guy that shot her , there'd be thousands out protesting/rioting and burning thing downs . It's like black on black crime is invisible to their community

I have a simple rule for all of my views on politics and social issues. I simply try to flip the scenario around to see how I would feel if the labels were changed. It's a simple way of sniffing out lies and BS and hypocrisy on all sides.

I have a simple rule for all of my views on politics and social issues. I simply try to flip the scenario around to see how I would feel if the labels were changed. It's a simple way of sniffing out lies and BS and hypocrisy on all sides.

Sounds like you have a bad case of white privilege.

Back to sensitivity training with you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

They weren't enslaved by their own people. They were enslaved by other Africans. Africa isn't a culturally homogenous place. Even if you say they were all "West Africans", that's still a huge array of cultures.

The European powers created an imbalance in power and military technology by swapping armaments for slaves. The slave traders then went off and started wars specifically to capture slaves.

This was all driven by the demand for slaves from European powers.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Europeans definitely made it worse, but Africa had slaves before Europeans came, and continued to have slaves long after slavery was abolished in all European countries. They still have slaves now.
    Blaming Europeans for their problems helps nobody.

Cordell wrote: »
    Europeans definitely made it worse, but Africa had slaves before Europeans came, and continued to have slaves long after slavery was abolished in all European countries. They still have slaves now.

Even when Europeans made the problem exponentially worse?

I "blame" everyone involved. But the European powers created a demand that led to almost 20 million people being shipped across the Atlantic as slaves.

We are talking about BLM here. Most of the people involved in BLM wouldn't be in the US without the Atlantic slave trade. Which was run by Europeans. Blaming other Africans is a distraction. There wasn't a single African plantation owner in Brazil or South Carolina.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I dont think I would want to be associated with an outfit that has "matter" at the end, such a low bar, A nice suit matters, a good haircut matters. Irish Lives Matter would be such loser think

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Even so. We can't blame them more than the people that actually enslaved the slaves. It's like blaming drug users for the drug trade, like blaming joe here in Ireland that his coke habit is what gets people killed in Colombia.

In any case, those white slave owners, black slaves and black slave traders are long dead now. There are black slaves still enslaved by black slavers and owned by black owners, this is happening today and it has real consequences in Africa, and not something that happened hundreds of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭randd1

Cordell wrote: »

That's a fact that very few people want to hear.

Another is that the push to end slavery as an institution started in white countries by white people and was widely supported by white people to the point it forced governments and countries to ban the practice. And that was in the 19th century.

Now granted, place like the US, Australia and South Africa, as well as many European countries, had a serious problem with systemic racism afterwards, and there are still some consequences of that rotten attitude around today.

But the vast majority of the problems black communities face these days are of their own making.

Blaming white people for their problems is no solution to them.

Blaming white people for their problems is no solution to them.
    Not only that, not recognizing that most of their problems are stemming from their own community prevents any solution.

Brian? wrote: »

I "blame" everyone involved. But the European powers created a demand that led to almost 20 million people being shipped across the Atlantic as slaves.

We are talking about BLM here. Most of the people involved in BLM wouldn't be in the US without the Atlantic slave trade. Which was run by Europeans. Blaming other Africans is a distraction. There wasn't a single African plantation owner in Brazil or South Carolina.
    A distraction from what? Reality? If the history of slavery is to be taught then it should be taught correctly, and black slave traders were involved in the Atlantic slave trade just as much as European slave traders, who do you think they were bought from?

Nobody involved in BLM was a slave.

We all agree slavery was terrible. It happened. It was wrong.

It's akin to idiotic Irish hating English people because of the famine, or hating the Germans because of the wars.

That silly bint that was shot in the head was calling for whites to be made slaves. That's what spokesmen for BLM are advocating.

It's revenge, not equality.

Hhhhh wrote: »
    A distraction from what? Reality? If the history of slavery is to be taught then it should be taught correctly, and black slave traders were involved in the Atlantic slave trade just as much as European slave traders, who do you think they were bought from?

It's amazing that people keep saying it isn't taught, or widely known that black slave traders were involved in the slave trade.

Yet we all know it. Can someone explain that one to me?

My point again is: slavery was terrible. Everyone involved is to blame. Saying "well the black lads did it too" is a distraction because we all know that it and it doesn't absolve anyone of blame.

I was responding to a post that said slaves were sold by "their own people". They weren't.

Neither "white people" nor "black people" are an homogenous group.

African American people have legitimate grievances with the system that made them. Pointing out that black people sold their ancestors is a complete distraction, because the people pointing it out believe they don't have any legitimate grievances.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭gw80

It's amazing that people keep saying it isn't taught, or widely known that black slave traders were involved in the slave trade.

Yet we all know it. Can someone explain that one to me?

My point again is: slavery was terrible. Everyone involved is to blame. Saying "well the black lads did it too" is a distraction because we all know that it and it doesn't absolve anyone of blame.

I was responding to a post that said slaves were sold by "their own people". They weren't.

Neither "white people" nor "black people" are an homogenous group.

African American people have legitimate grievances with the system that made them. Pointing out that black people sold their ancestors is a complete distraction, because the people pointing it out believe they don't have any legitimate grievances.

I hate to be pedantic but "everyone involved" are long dead

Advertisement