Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

Brian? wrote: »
    Another distraction. We are discussing the influence of slavery on African American culture and how it influence the BLM movement.

We are not doing an African slavery lesson.

If the BLM movement is considered to be a Worldwide movement, as some of its proponents proclaim it to be, then African slavery lessons should surely be an integral part of said movement, as Africa is were the majority of the World's black people live, and an area were a slave trade still exists.

Again. The people who bring it up don't believe a problem exists in the first place. So they bring up black slave traders as a distraction.

I am happy to debate the causes of a problem as long as it's done in good faith. Not if people are just trying to distract and deflect.

Case I point, a short history about Arab slave traders I didn't need.

But this thinking makes no sense. If one is arguing in good faith and brings up the slave trade in Africa as they feel it to be pertinent to the discussion, you then assume they aren't arguing in good faith. As such, the point can never be raised as you only debate the causes if done in 'good faith'.

Again. The people who bring it up don't believe a problem exists in the first place. So they bring up black slave traders as a distraction.

I am happy to debate the causes of a problem as long as it's done in good faith. Not if people are just trying to distract and deflect.

Case I point, a short history about Arab slave traders I didn't need.

Do you support the BLM movement and their organizers?

Would you be a supporter of reparations?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Do you support the BLM movement and their organizers?

Would you be a supporter of reparations?

More questions completely unrelated to my post. I genuinely don't understand why you quote a post without addressing any of it's content.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

More questions completely unrelated to my post. I genuinely don't understand why you quote a post without addressing any of it's content.

And more questions unanswered.

It's ok brian. You don't have to.

I didn't respond to your posts because I would be parroting other users who have answered you succinctly.

There may have been a direct question I missed? If so, ask away.

• Advertisement

Hhhhh wrote: »
    But this thinking makes no sense. If one is arguing in good faith and brings up the slave trade in Africa as they feel it to be pertinent to the discussion, you then assume they aren't arguing in good faith. As such, the point can never be raised as you only debate the causes if done in 'good faith'.

It makes sense if you actually read what I wrote.

People don't believe there is a problem. Then they bring up black slave traders as a distraction. Why would I debate the influence of black slave traders on the problem with someone who doesn't even acknowledge there is a problem.

they/them/theirs

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    The BLM movement is influenced by the Social Marxism ideology.
    Slavery fits into the narrative, that's all

Social Marxism ideology eh? A quality bogeyman to pull out.

they/them/theirs

And more questions unanswered.

It's ok brian. You don't have to.

I didn't respond to your posts because I would be parroting other users who have answered you succinctly.

There may have been a direct question I missed? If so, ask away.

More questions that should never have been asked. Why don't you respond to what I actually say? I've asked that several times.

they/them/theirs

People don't believe there is a problem. Then they bring up black slave traders as a distraction. Why would I debate the influence of black slave traders on the problem with someone who doesn't even acknowledge there is a problem.

What problem brian?

Racism?

Everyone here thinks racism is a problem.

BLM cite slave trade as one of, if not the main, cause of racism.

That's why it's brought up.

Tell BLM to shut up about slavery so.

More questions that should never have been asked. Why don't you respond to what I actually say? I've asked that several times.

Haha.

Questions that should never have been asked?

Ok. Sorry Brian, give me a list of acceptable questions to ask you!

Ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Several months on, the BBC is now engaged in race baiting using Mr. Nkenchos death. Usual lying by omission to fulfil a narrative.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

You've got the patience of a Saint young man!

Haha.

Questions that should never have been asked?

Ok. Sorry Brian, give me a list of acceptable questions to ask you!

Ffs

Acceptable questions are easy. Questions that actually relate to my post are fine.

they/them/theirs

I've read back and I've not seen who suggested there were no problems for the black community. Some people have suggest that the problems in the black community cannot be solely, or even mainly blamed on slavery. And that even the Jim Crow laws are becoming somewhat of a cop out when it comes to discussing why numerous crime rates, single parenthood rates and imprisonment rates are so much higher for the black comminity than other demographics.

It still seems to me that you you don't want to allow the existence of black slave traders be discussed when discussing the 'system' that has resulted in black Americans being in the position they are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The leader of BLM have themselves stated they are Marxists.

Patrisse Cullors said:
    "We do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia, in particular, are trained organizers; we are trained Marxists. We are superversed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think what we really try to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many Black folks."

Penguin Random House has said Garza, another founder, "describes herself as a queer social justice activist and Marxist."

Noting Cullors’ declaration of being Marxist trained, "one has to take that seriously: if the leadership says it is Marxist, then there's a good chance they are," said Russell Berman, a professor at Stanford University and a senior fellow at its conservative Hoover Institution who has written critically about Marxism.

But "this does not mean every supporter is Marxist — Marxists often have used ‘useful idiots.’ And a Marxist movement can be more or less radical, at different points in time," he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

I think you got your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Several months on, the BBC is now engaged in race baiting using Mr. Nkenchos death. Usual lying by omission to fulfil a narrative.

disgusting pandering BBC

biko wrote: »
    The leader of BLM have themselves stated they are Marxists.

Patrisse Cullors said:
    "We do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia, in particular, are trained organizers; we are trained Marxists. We are superversed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think what we really try to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many Black folks."

Penguin Random House has said Garza, another founder, "describes herself as a queer social justice activist and Marxist."

Noting Cullors’ declaration of being Marxist trained, "one has to take that seriously: if the leadership says it is Marxist, then there's a good chance they are," said Russell Berman, a professor at Stanford University and a senior fellow at its conservative Hoover Institution who has written critically about Marxism.

But "this does not mean every supporter is Marxist — Marxists often have used ‘useful idiots.’ And a Marxist movement can be more or less radical, at different points in time," he said.

I didn’t say they weren’t Marxist. There is no such thing as “Social Marxism”
    Though.

they/them/theirs

Hhhhh wrote: »
    I've read back and I've not seen who suggested there were no problems for the black community. Some people have suggest that the problems in the black community cannot be solely, or even mainly blamed on slavery. And that even the Jim Crow laws are becoming somewhat of a cop out when it comes to discussing why numerous crime rates, single parenthood rates and imprisonment rates are so much higher for the black comminity than other demographics.

It still seems to me that you you don't want to allow the existence of black slave traders be discussed when discussing the 'system' that has resulted in black Americans being in the position they are in.

Allow? It’s not up to me to allow or not allow. I prefer to discuss things that are relevant to the discussion at hand though.

Some of the worst racism I’ve ever heard was a black African speaking about different black Africans. That’s irrelevant thought when discussing the systemic racism that BLM is a response to.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Allow? It’s not up to me to allow or not allow. I prefer to discuss things that are relevant to the discussion at hand though.

Some of the worst racism I’ve ever heard was a black African speaking about different black Africans. That’s irrelevant thought when discussing the systemic racism that BLM is a response to.

How can a person of the same race be racist to someone of the same race :confused: ?

• Advertisement

How can a person of the same race be racist to someone of the same race :confused: ?

Because race deviations are completely arbitrary and nonsensical.

they/them/theirs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Irish Lives Matter
    French Lives Matter
    Filipeno Lives Matter
    American Lives Matter
    Uzbek Lives Matter
    Russian Lives Matter
    English Lives Matter
    Australian Lives Matter
    Chinese Lives Matter
    Gay Lives Matter
    Straight Llives Matter
    Hindu Lives Matter
    Buddhist Lives Matter

I think we can all agree that ALL LIVES MATTER!!!

It's very possible.

You only have to look at the push of white sjw types trying to accuse white people of privilege.

That's racism

MarkEadie wrote: »
    You've got the patience of a Saint young man!

St George of Floyd perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

I don't have the stomach to watch it, are they still showing that picture of St. George of Ireland doing the gang sign? Or did they finally coped on that it's making him look even worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Isn't it weird how Japanese Americans were put in concentration camps by their countrymen within the living memory of people alive today and yet they have managed to thrive and not hold a grudge?

Isnt it weird how Jews are some of the most successful people on Earth despite an attempt to end them as a race and by and large do not blame modern day Germans?

The main issue that American Black people face is the toxic culture they grow up surrounded by inside their own community. No amount of reparations or BLM marches will change their lack of advancement until they change their culture

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Detritus70

GT89 wrote: »
    Irish Lives Matter
    French Lives Matter
    Filipeno Lives Matter
    American Lives Matter
    Uzbek Lives Matter
    Russian Lives Matter
    English Lives Matter
    Australian Lives Matter
    Chinese Lives Matter
    Gay Lives Matter
    Straight Llives Matter
    Hindu Lives Matter
    Buddhist Lives Matter

I think we can all agree that ALL LIVES MATTER!!!

If you're still spouting this lazy sh*t after so many years, we can discount ignorance and can assume straight up trolling. Ooooh, look at the edgelord. How edy he is.
    You're about 5 years too late to be taken seriously with this crap.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

Detritus70 wrote: »
    If you're still spouting this lazy sh*t after so many years, we can discount ignorance and can assume straight up trolling. Ooooh, look at the edgelord. How edy he is.
    You're about 5 years too late to be taken seriously with this crap.

Someone got out of the bed the wrong side this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Speaking of BLM founder Patrisse Cullors, she has stepped down officially.
    https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/world-57279346

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

biko wrote: »
    Speaking of BLM founder Patrisse Cullors, she has stepped down officially.
    https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/world-57279346

Were they really her words..... Oh dear god these people are insane.

Advertisement