Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

Can you post a source and a bit of context on that graphic?

I may be a little silly, but is the source not on the bottom of the graphic?

Disclaimer: I haven't checked the legitimacy myself

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, the image has the information.
    Source and that it is a comparison between 2020 and 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

biko wrote: »
    Yes, the image has the information.
    Source and that it is a comparison between 2020 and 2021.

Who are the Fraternal Order of Police and can you link to the source information from the graphic you posted?

Some things you just could google yourself, it's all out there.

But in short they are the largest police organisation in the US (they themselves claim)*

Info is from their FB page
    https://www.facebook.com/GLFOP/posts/4619722234708566

* the world it seems
    The Fraternal Order of Police is the world’s largest organization of sworn law enforcement officers, with more than 356,000 members in more than 2,100 lodges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Who are the Fraternal Order of Police and can you link to the source information from the graphic you posted?

It's on this link, just scroll down and you'll see it.

https://fop.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Founder Of Black Lives Matter In St. Paul: ‘I Resigned’ After ‘I Learned The Ugly Truth’ As ‘Insider’ http://dlvr.it/S0kGWZ

ehhhh

Some things you just could google yourself, it's all out there.

But in short they are the largest police organisation in the world (they themselves claim).

Info is from their FB page
    https://www.facebook.com/GLFOP/posts/4619722234708566

Had a quick look as well.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2017/10/11/why-the-fraternal-order-of-police-must-go

"“A PACK OF RABID ANIMALS.” That’s how John McNesby, president of the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police, described local Black Lives Matter activists who picketed outside the home of a Philly cop who shot black suspects in the back on two separate occasions. After the officer was suspended, the local FOP had a fundraiser for him, with proceeds from the $40-per-ticket event going toward the officer’s living expenses."

Back to the original question any context to the infographic you posted?

What context are you looking for? The FOP posted the stats, probably to show that serious crime is on the increase in areas that decided to defund the police.

I've no idea if the stats are correct or not, but I'll do a bit of digging.

That police is needed. The BLM movements attempts to defund the police has cost a lot of people their lives and that needs to be fixed.

That police is needed. The BLM movements attempts to defund the police has cost a lot of people their lives and that needs to be fixed.

If there is no source or background to it that's grand just say it. If there is one please include it in your post.

• Advertisement

I'm losing you. Did you not see the sources provided in the image?
    Did you not read their FB post I linked to specially for you? You even quoted it.

I'm losing you. Did you not see the sources provided in the image?
    Did you not read their FB post I linked to specially for you? You even quoted it.

There is nothing in the Facebook post to show what data the infographic is referencing.

All I was asking is something to back it up as I am sure you researched the information before posting here.

There is nothing in the Facebook post to show what data the infographic is referencing.

All I was asking is something to back it up as I am sure you researched the information before posting here.

I take it you are asking where did FOP get their data for the infographic? I don't know.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I take it you are asking where did FOP get their data for the infographic? I don't know.

Either do I that's why I thought it was reasonable to ask for a source for it.

Either do I that's why I thought it was reasonable to ask for a source for it.

The FOP don't have the source of their figures on their web page other than to say that it's Department Data so I'm guessing it's internal data supplied to them by the various police departments.

I haven't found any hard evidence that the figures are correct, especially that Portland one but a Google search does show that murder rates are up significantly in Portland and in the other cities mentioned too.

Here is one source, it's for Portland.
    You'll just have find the rest yourself or ask FOP.
    After slashing its police budget by $16 million last year, Oregon's largest city has seen 20 homicides so far in 2021 -- compared to just one at this same point last year

But members of the city council were either mum or not fully committed so far on whether they’ll back the plan, according to reports.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/portland-mayor-looks-to-re-fund-police-with-2m-request-as-homicides-spike-but-council-support-unclear

Here is one source, it's for Portland.
    You'll just have find the rest yourself or ask FOP.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/portland-mayor-looks-to-re-fund-police-with-2m-request-as-homicides-spike-but-council-support-unclear

Where did you come across the original infographic that you posted?

What's that got to do with anything?

We know it was posted by the FOP.

Biko posted the FOP FB link that contained the infographic and I posted the FOP web page link that contained the infographic.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What's that got to do with anything?

We know it was posted by the FOP.

Biko posted the FOP FB link that contained the infographic and I posted the FOP web page link that contained the infographic.

Why do you feel the need to reply to a direct question to another poster?

Why do you feel the need to reply to a direct question to another poster?

It's an open forum. Anybody can answer anybody else.

I'm not trying to be aggressive or anything but I don't see the logic in you asking that question when two different links were posted to the same infographic.

My question regarding the infographic would be whether the data on it is accurate or not. Where a poster first saw it would not really be relevant.

• Advertisement

On the FB page I linked to. Why do you ask? Is there something wrong with it? Is the information wrong? Do you have information that says otherwise?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/31/uganda-police-killings-reconstructed-using-mobile-phone-footage?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Will there be protests in the streets? People changing there insta story to black as some bizarre form of protest? Will every celebrity be virtue signaling?

You betcha there won't be!

No one really cares about Africa which is a shame as it's a fantastic place with some amazing people and some really bad people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

How about maybe googling the rise in gun violence in US cities yourself , it's not that difficult . There's hundreds of articles on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

BLM Activist and School Board Member Faces Accusations of Molesting Over 60 Children
    Black Lives Matter activist Tay Anderson has stepped down from his position on the Denver School Board after accusations emerged that he molested over 60 children.

Concerned parent Mary-Katherine Brooks Fleming testified before the Colorado House Judiciary Committee that 62 people asked her for help regarding an unnamed sexual predator. The youngest victim was 14 years old, and the predator’s actions ranged from “unwanted touching” to “violent acts of rape.”

In March, a woman also accused him of sexually assaulting her. This is a man that The Washington Post described as “the face of Denver’s George Floyd protests.”.............

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

BLM Activist and School Board Member Faces Accusations of Molesting Over 60 Children

In March, a woman also accused him of sexually assaulting her. This is a man that The Washington Post described as “the face of Denver’s George Floyd protests.”.............

Source

https://twitter.com/tayandersonco/status/1272184664447475713

Gee... I wonder why the pedo would possibly want the police defunded and removed from schools and bathrooms to be places men can walk in on women unquestioned? I just can't put my finger on what that possible reason might be...

conorhal wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/tayandersonco/status/1272184664447475713

Gee... I wonder why the pedo would possibly want the police defunded and removed from the schools he sourced his victims from? I just can't put my finger on what that possible reason might be...

White privilege/racism?

Slavery?

Not enough black actors nominated for Oscars?

I'm sure it's one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I posted here this morning, and the post is now gone? What the ****?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

There's a Joe joke in there somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm sure their heart is in the right place.

Advertisement