Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm delighted to see more of this blatant hypocrisy being called out.
    They are the exact thing they accuse you of.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9751521/Olympian-Gwen-Berrys-tweets-decade-ago-reveal-history-rape-jokes-tweets-mocking-white-people.html

Who is “they?”

Cordell wrote: »
    Actually the fact that there was a black officer at the receiving end of a [KKK letter from his police chief] kind of proves that the police as a institution is not racist.

You must be joking.

Overheal wrote: »
    Who is “they?”

They are the people who revelled in using any statement that could be perceived as politically incorrect as proof that their ideological opponents were racist/bigoted (in context or not), being brought to task by the standards they set.

biko wrote: »
    The only way to go from Defund the Police to Refund the Police is switching from “D” to “R”.

Is it often you directly plagiarize insurrectionists like Lauren Boebert?

They are the people who revelled in using any statement that could be perceived as politically incorrect as proof that their ideological opponents were racist/bigoted (in context or not), being brought to task by the standards they set.

So they is …MAGA?

• Advertisement

…MAGA?

Erm....what?

Erm....what?

The MAGA cult aka. people who are Trump supporters first and foremost.

The MAGA cult aka. people who are Trump supporters first and foremost.

No idea where you are getting that from.

The poster was talking about people like Trudeau, Fallon, Kimmel etc who are famously critical of any perceived racism and then photos surface of themselves in blackface.

People who don't hold up to the standards they expect from others.

It happens on both sides of the divide but it's extra sweet to see the self righteous taken down by their own standards.

Not sure where your maga reference comes from.

No idea where you are getting that from.

The poster was talking about people like Trudeau, Fallon, Kimmel etc who are famously critical of any perceived racism and then photos surface of themselves in blackface.

People who don't hold up to the standards they expect from others.

It happens on both sides of the divide but it's extra sweet to see the self righteous taken down by their own standards.

Not sure where your maga reference comes from.

Are you the poster’s psychic medium?

If third parties get to put answers in for them: We know they meant blacks.

Ah you know very well it’s MAGA that they were talking about. Never seen a group more upset that disrespecting the anthem is politically incorrect and even racist, as one or two people here have even said it was:
    Cordell wrote:
    [kneeling is racist] By showing support to BLM, a black supremacist violent organization.

Well in that case overheal, I'll leave you alone.

You are obviously looking for an argument.

You asked you "they" were. I answered. You replied. I clarified.

The poster was obviously talking about what I described yet you feel comfortable to attribute racism.

Bad faith, purposefully antagonistic and absolutely at odds with discussion.

• Advertisement

Well in that case overheal, I'll leave you alone.

You are obviously looking for an argument.

You asked you "they" were. I answered. You replied. I clarified.

The poster was obviously talking about what I described yet you feel comfortable to attribute racism.

Bad faith, purposefully antagonistic and absolutely at odds with discussion.

What you call “clarification” was you inserting third party conjecture into a question about what someone else (who is decidedly not you) meant when they said “they.” So no you don’t get to pretend you were not the one looking to argue. I find your accusations of bad faith themselves to be bad faith. The poster obviously meant blacks, if you would like to go back and forth obviating.

What you call “clarification” was you inserting third party conjecture into a question about what someone else (who is decidedly not you) meant when they said “they.” So no you don’t get to pretend you were not the one looking to argue. I find your accusations of bad faith themselves to be bad faith. The poster obviously meant blacks, if you would like to go back and forth obviating.

As I said, I'll leave you there. You will always find racism if you want to.

And if you have direct questions to which you don't want others to interject, there is a private message function.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

Overheal, we are all different, you can't quote 2 different posters (one of them myself) in an argument with a third. It doesn't work like that. We are not a group, we don't have a single identity.

As I said, I'll leave you there. You will always find racism if you want to.

And if you have direct questions to which you don't want others to interject, there is a private message function.

I expect people are able to interject when they aren’t pretending to think directly for other people.

Cordell wrote: »
    Overheal, we are all different, you can't quote 2 different posters (one of them myself) in an argument with a third. It doesn't work like that. We are not a group, we don't have a single identity.

I didn’t say you all did. I quoted one poster, while responding to a second who was pretending to speak for a third. Quite demonstrably, you are all different identities.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,876 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What The Dunne said was pretty much on the money.

"They" being disengenuous virtue signalling grifters.
    Hypocrites who can see the speck in someone elses eye but are oblivious to the plank in their own.
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Race doesn't come into it, but you knew that.

Hypocrites who can see the speck in someone elses eye but are oblivious to the plank in their own.
    Let he who is not without sin cast the first stone.

Of course not. Of course not. It’s never about race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

We know they meant blacks.

You, assumed they meant blacks. Which to honest is little bit of racism from you. Most of us thought, an actually racist accusing others of what they are themselves.

Ah you know very well it’s MAGA :

Nope that's You being a little racist again.

Never seen a group more upset that disrespecting the anthem is politically incorrect and even racist,

I think it was her racist tweets, more than disrespecting the flag. That made it "even racist".

Never seen a group more upset that disrespecting the anthem is politically incorrect and even racist,

You're being a little bit racist there again.

I fail to see how referring to MAGA as a group is racist. Please explain? Saying I’ve never seen a group more upset than MAGA is racism?

I fail to see how referring to MAGA as a group is racist. Please explain?

Off course you do.

• Advertisement

Off course you do.

You’ve made an allegation. I don’t understand it. Please explain. This is a discussion site.

I’ve never seen a group more upset about political correctness etc. than MAGA. How is race a factor in this statement?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9751521/Olympian-Gwen-Berrys-tweets-decade-ago-reveal-history-rape-jokes-tweets-mocking-white-people.html
    Who is “they?”
    You’ve made an allegation. I don’t understand it. Please explain. This is a discussion site.

I’ve never seen a group more upset about political correctness etc. than MAGA. How is race a factor in this statement?

What has maga got to do with anything within this context? You accused someone of talking about "blacks" when they obviously were not, and then brought up MAGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

He probably means

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A Black Lives Matter rioter who smashed a car window in a 1-year-old child’s face has avoided prison after his lawyer argued that it was a “very emotional time” for the culprit.

Miles received a suspended sentence of just 90 days for assault and destruction of property charges and the assault charge will be completely removed from his record if he stays out of trouble for a year.

https://summit.news/2021/06/30/blm-rioter-who-smashed-car-window-in-a-toddlers-face-avoids-jail-after-lawyer-says-it-was-an-emotional-time/
    Deputies in Stafford County have arrested a man accused of breaking a car window with a one-year-old inside while protesting.

According to authorities, 32-year-old Victor Miles II, 32, of Stafford, was among 200 protesters in the area blocking traffic on the Falmouth Bridge. Police allege Miles broke the rear passenger window of a vehicle attempting to make their way through traffic with a scooter.

The shattered glass landed on the one-year-child and both adults. Authorities add one adult in the vehicle sustained cuts on their arm from the glass.
    https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/deputies-stafford-protester-smashed-car-window-with-1-year-old-child-inside/

Simple. You call MAGA a cult, look up the definition of racism not race. Then look the definition of cult.

Who is “they?”

Ah you know very well it’s MAGA that they were talking about. Never seen a group more upset that disrespecting the anthem is politically incorrect and even racist, as one or two people here have even said it was:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Wowsers.

Maybe I am a psychic!

Or perhaps, what the poster said was absolutely clear and only someone who WANTED to make it a race issue, would have taken it up any differently than it was intended.

But no, probably MAGA or something.

What has maga got to do with anything within this context? You accused someone of talking about "blacks" when they obviously were not, and then brought up MAGA.

You said:

I asked you if by this you meant They = MAGA, for reasons already elucidated.

Simple. You call MAGA a cult, look up the definition of racism not race. Then look the definition of cult.

It's not my burden of proof to look up your definition of cult or of racism or of race, even. And - isn't it completely counter productive if we are trying to discuss something to see eye to eye on? You want me to go off and look for definitions elsewhere that may, quite honestly, be entirely different to what you think or know or feel to be the definitions based on what you are citing as your authority for that axiom.

What is racist about calling MAGA a cult?

• Advertisement

You said:

I asked you if by this you meant They = MAGA, for reasons already elucidated.

And your question made no sense.

The "they" that was alluded to was picked up by everyone else except you to be the hypocritical people who didn't live up to their own standards.

Perhaps some people you consider MAGA fit in that category, but it is certainly not exclusive to them.

Judging by the posters comment and the link provided, it would be more than reasonable to assume they were alluding that the more left leaning people were likely to be hoist by their own petards due to the current social climate.

So your response of MAGA and "they were talking about blacks" was frankly absurd.

Again it was obvious. Your mind went straight to trump and racism though.

Advertisement