Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What's going on? I thought police were trained to automatically open fire on black people when the see them ..

According to whom? Please cite your source.

Busy weekend in Chicago , 92 people shot, 6 kids and 2 cops among the gun shot victims . One month old baby shot in the head along with another 6 people in a mass shooting . Any statement from lebron and planned protest from BLM or are they to busy , causing division, slating police and buying real estate

Were any of them killed by taxpayer-funded law enforcement?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Busy weekend in Chicago , 92 people shot, 6 kids and 2 cops among the gun shot victims . One month old baby shot in the head along with another 6 people in a mass shooting . Any statement from lebron and planned protest from BLM or are they to busy , causing division, slating police and buying real estate

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021/7/3/22561910/chicago-weekend-shootings-july-2-5-homicide-gun-violence

In the deadliest and most violent weekend this year in Chicago, 92 people have been shot over the long Fourth of July weekend, 16 of them killed.
    The 76 wounded include six children and teenagers and two Chicago police supervisors.

Both the number of fatal shootings and the number of shootings overall are highs for 2021, according to a Chicago Sun-Times database of shootings.

In one incident, two people were killed and four were wounded, including a 12-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy, in a shooting early Monday in Washington Park on the South Side.

That happened around the same time that a 6-year-old girl and a woman were shot in West Pullman and about four hours after an 11-year-old boy and a man were shot in Brainerd on the South Side.

https://wgntv.com/news/chicagocrime/its-really-painful-1-month-old-child-among/

CHICAGO — A one-month-old child was among seven people shot Thursday night in the city’s Englewood neighborhood, preceding what many fear will be a violent weekend.

“It’s painful, it hurts. It’s really painful,” Charles McKenzie, the baby’s uncle said.

McKenzie got word just after 8:15 p.m. Thursday that his one-month-old niece Terriana Smith was shot in the head while strapped into her car seat near the intersection of 66th Street and Halsted Street in Englewood.
    “Three individuals, one armed with an assault rifle, a weapon of war, got out of his vehicle and started firing indiscriminately in every direction,” Chicago police Superintendent David Brown said.

The gunmen got into a black Jeep Cherokee and fled eastbound on 66th Street. Other people wounded in the shooting included a 15-year-old boy and men ranging in age from 23 to 46.

“My heart dropped. I’m fighting every day, gun violence in our community and it home,” McKenzie said

And what the hell has gang violence got to do with the BLM movement exactly?

Or are you stereotyping black people as violent?

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Or even stereotyping the race of the victims in the report, which isn't made clear. The inference being that Chicago = black people and/or that all Chicago murders = black peoples fault. Otherwise I fail to see why they would be pontificating against Lebron James and BLM with a direct tie to this race-agnostic news report.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Nothing obviously. Therein lies the rub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Black Lives Matter aren't about black-on-black crime. They are about black lives taken by police. And black poverty.

Nothing obviously. Therein lies the rub.

Please explain, "the rub."

biko wrote: »
    Black Lives Matter aren't about black-on-black crime. They are about black lives taken by police. And black poverty.

Basically yeah. Just like the National Rifle Association doesn't fight for the second amendment rights of street gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I think the point being that if a white cop shoots a black person (whether warranted or not), there are protests left, right and centre.

If a black person shoots another black person or multiple black people, tis grand. No protests. Black on black violence doesn't seem to matter to black folks, well not the type that feel like protesting anyway.

That's what it looks like from where I'm sitting anyway.

Overheal wrote: »
    Basically yeah. Just like the National Rifle Association doesn't fight for the second amendment rights of street gangs.

Tell me, were any of the kids, including the 1 year old members of street gangs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

Something like: Black Lives Matter*

*terms and conditions apply.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Tell me, were any of the kids, including the 1 year old members of street gangs?

I have no idea, this is the first I heard of it same as you.

I think the point being that if a white cop shoots a black person (whether warranted or not), there are protests left, right and centre.

If a black person shoots another black person or multiple black people, tis grand. No protests. Black on black violence doesn't seem to matter to black folks, well not the type that feel like protesting anyway.

I'm disinclined to make such a gross generalization of black "folks" as that. If a black family doesn't talk during a movie (another black stereotype), are they even black from where you are sitting?

I think as has already been previously established, movements like Antifa, MAGA, and BLM are not race monoliths.

If, however, we are arguing Sets as broad as white and black: white cops told white ranchers they couldn't ranch their cows on federal land, and they staged an armed occupation of a federal building (sound familiar?), but there are no ranchers protesting when white rednecks are kicked off their trailer park leases, #fakeactivists :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Or even stereotyping the race of the victims in the report, which isn't made clear. The inference being that Chicago = black people and/or that all Chicago murders = black peoples fault. Otherwise I fail to see why they would be pontificating against Lebron James and BLM with a direct tie to this race-agnostic news report.

How is posting facts stereotyping ?? LeBron James said in an interview that black people were being hunted in America , it's factual wrong by a mile unless you're talking about them being hunted by other black people . He also posted a pic up of a cop , saying ' your next" , that cop saved a girls life by shooting a black girl who was going to stab her . You don't think nearly a hundred people getting shot should be on the BLMs radar?? They protested a drug dealer getting arrest after cops found , a gun, weed and crack in his car . He resisted arrest and got a few punches in the leg and was manhandled but he wasn't killed or maimed .

They'll stage a protest in defense of scumbag and yet there's silence when 25 black kids are killed in Chicago since the start of the year . BLM are nothing but race baiters always looking for anything to slam police just to scream racism , while ignoring the fact there's slaughter going on in their own communites.

I have no idea, this is the first I heard of it same as you.

I'm sure if it was a cop , you'd be letting us all know within a few minutes of the shooting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And how disingenuous of you to presume that black people aren't concerned about the violence between the gangs in Chicago.

Protesting is a legitimate means to highlight issues with government and it's agents and seek change.

What pray tell are protests going to do against drug dealers? Or perhaps they should let the police just handle it. I'm sure you're always out protesting about the gang violence in your neighborhood as well.

So how the hell are you equating systemic racism in American society with the dog eat dog violence of drug gangs. Are you really that clueless or is this just another dog whistle against black people?

How is posting facts stereotyping ?? LeBron James said in an interview that black people were being hunted in America , it's factual wrong by a mile unless you're talking about them being hunted by other black people . He also posted a pic up of a cop , saying ' your next" , that cop saved a girls life by shooting a black girl who was going to stab her . You don't think nearly a hundred people getting shot should be on the BLMs radar?? They protested a drug dealer getting arrest after cops found , a gun, weed and crack in his car . He resisted arrest and got a few punches in the leg and was manhandled but he wasn't killed or maimed .

They'll stage a protest in defense of scumbag and yet there's silence when 25 black kids are killed in Chicago since the start of the year . BLM are nothing but race baiters always looking for anything to slam police just to scream racism , while ignoring the fact there's slaughter going on in their own communites.

You've just re-demonstrated the stereotyping: you're automatically tying a report on deaths in Chicago as related to blacks.

Please, Show me where the report you linked mentioned anyone was white or black, even once. The only thing that was reported as "black" in either of the 2 reports you linked and quoted, was the Jeep Grand Cherokee involved in the death of the 1 yr old, RIP.

So you tell me where the black people are here, and then you can use that information to explain how you didn't just make an egregious racial stereotyping error.

I'm disinclined to make such a gross generalization of black "folks" as that. If a black family doesn't talk during a movie (another black stereotype), are they even black from where you are sitting?

What in the name of fcuk are you on about?

I'm talking about black people not seeming to be inclined to protest when a heap of them are shot every single weekend in Chicago but if one cop shoots a black person (even if it's justified), there's protests all over the place.
    I think as has already been previously established, movements like Antifa, MAGA, and BLM are not race monoliths.

Agreed. But if BLM are so concerned about black lives, why do they only care if it's white people or cops doing the shooting?
    If, however, we are arguing Sets as broad as white and black: white cops told white ranchers they couldn't ranch their cows on federal land, and they staged an armed occupation of a federal building (sound familiar?), but there are no ranchers protesting when white rednecks are kicked off their trailer park leases, #fakeactivists :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BLM is a protest organisation. They were set up to protest under the banner 'Black Lives Matter'. I thought ranchers were farmers rather than #fakeactivists. You are a bit off target with that point.

I'm sure if it was a cop , you'd be letting us all know within a few minutes of the shooting

Don't mind if I would. A cop is a taxpayer funded law enforcement officer. They are in a position of inherent public trust. Potential abuse of that trust is a matter of public interest.

And how disingenuous of you to presume that black people aren't concerned about the violence between the gangs in Chicago.

Protesting is a legitimate means to highlight issues with government and it's agents and seek change.

What pray tell are protests going to do against drug dealers? Or perhaps they should let the police just handle it. I'm sure you're always out protesting about the gang violence in your neighborhood as well.

So how the hell are you equating systemic racism in American society with the dog eat dog violence of drug gangs. Are you really that clueless or is this just another dog whistle against black people?

So Chicago, that's a democrat run city with a black mayor and black police chief is suffering from systemic racism ....ok

• Advertisement

What in the name of fcuk are you on about?

I'm talking about black people not seeming to be inclined to protest when a heap of them are shot every single weekend in Chicago but if one cop shoots a black person (even if it's justified), there's protests all over the place.

Agreed. But if BLM are so concerned about black lives, why do they only care if it's white people or cops doing the shooting?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BLM is a protest organisation. They were set up to protest under the banner 'Black Lives Matter'. I thought ranchers were farmers rather than #fakeactivists. You are a bit off target with that point.
    Where is the report this weekend indicating the race of the victims? None has been provided here for the 4th of July weekend.

So Chicago, that's a democrat run city with a black mayor and black police chief is suffering from systemic racism ....ok

Did you just make an identity politics argument? Why is the color of the mayor's skin relevant?

Maybe the movement might care about 150 kids being shot in Chicago with 25 being killed ... They seem to love the limelight though when a black criminal gets shot in questionable circumstances. Strange that ??

Did you just make an identity politics argument? Why is the color of the mayor's skin relevant?

Why is skin colour relevant when a cop kills someone .

Maybe the movement might care about 150 kids being shot in Chicago with 25 being killed ... They seem to love the limelight though when a black criminal gets shot in questionable circumstances. Strange that ??

And you can't tell me the race of any of them. So, how does your attack on BLM make sense?

Why is skin colour relevant when a cop kills someone .

That was not an answer.

Did I even allude to that or is that just more prejudice?

Please refrain from trying to put words in my mouth, it's insulting.

The movement appears to be in regard to hate crimes and racial bias in policing.
    We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

Unless there's a race war angle to the gang violence in Chicago I don't see the connection there, without evidence the gangs are systematically targeting black lives or something.

It's fairly obvious that I was talking about BLM, seeing as I said 'Black on black violence doesn't seem to matter to black folks, well not the type that feel like protesting anyway.

I'm sure the people in the neighbourhoods where the violence is happening aren't too happy about it but I don't see any of the BLM leaders coming out and condemning it and holding protest marches in Chicago every time there's a shooting.

Yep, I'm fine with that. But why only protest when a government agent shoots a black person when there's far more black people shot by other black people than shot by government agents.

No gang violence in my neighbourhood. Zero.

Systemic racism - Institutional racism, also known as systemic racism, is a form of racism that is embedded through laws and regulations within society or an organization.

Given the definition of systemic racism above, can you tell me what laws are anti-black? What regulations are anti-black?

It's not a dog whistle because a dog whistle is subtle. I'm saying it out loud. As lout as I can. BLM only give a sh1t if it's cops or white on black violence. They don't give a fcuk about black on black violence elsewhere, even though it causes more black deaths than the cops do.

• Advertisement

You've just re-demonstrated the stereotyping: you're automatically tying a report on deaths in Chicago as related to blacks.

Please, Show me where the report you linked mentioned anyone was white or black, even once. The only thing that was reported as "black" in either of the 2 reports you linked and quoted, was the Jeep Grand Cherokee involved in the death of the 1 yr old, RIP.

So you tell me where the black people are here, and then you can use that information to explain how you didn't just make an egregious racial stereotyping error.

Its seems that everyone on the planet knows the colour of Chicagos gun crime victims except you.Do you live in that much of a bubble that you think it's white people getting killed in the inner-city of Chicago . Although two Puerto Ricans were executed last week by gang bangers for nothing . Just aswell the roles weren't reversed or you'd blow a head gasket . Google images of Chicago gun victims and the demographics is pretty clear.

Advertisement