Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Why would you? I don't flood boards with needless American style outrage dribble daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Paragraph after paragraph off pure regurgitated bile.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You should take your complaint to those starting such threads. At least I have the excuse of living in America.

• Advertisement

For all we know, you could be living in your mother's basement in Leitrim, or with Lisa Simpson in Equilia. There are a lot of Walter Mittys here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

At least you admit its dribble at this stage, progress-well done.

Is this more of the conservative, 'accuse others of that which you are guilty' mantra?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What sort of cuckoo land are you inhabiting?

I’d pick neither.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Most people are naive at 17, most 17 year olds don’t go around killing and maiming others.

You are trying to paint him as some sort of angel, he’s far from that, he should not have been there.

How would he know someone was a paedo, what’s the relevance?

He shouldn't have been there? Why? Because there were "peaceful protests" planned? He had every right to be there. More right to be there than those people looting and rioting

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Rittenhouse fanatics seem to think he is psychic/an actual god.

All Sweet Kyle has to do is start shooting. His superpowers will guide his bullets to only the bad men.

They’ll say he was bringing cookies to granny next.

Starting to sound like his defence lawyers.

Pity Rittenhouse wasn't in a position to go to Washington on Jan 6th, I'm sure he'd have had a field day amongst the rioters, looters and insurrectionists who were there.

Also, he could have gone a long way to justifying the 2nd Amendment if he and others had used their weapons to push back the attempts of a tyrannical Government, as they keep telling us, why it needs to be maintained. But funnily enough, none of the the people who argue in this way actually stepped up when the sitting President tried to subvert democracy. A fact even more surprising given how many of them were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

He shot those 2 in self defense as they were attacking him, so no need for superpowers, it's pretty easy to identify the target when it tries to kill you.

Yes, he was there gun in hand looking dangerous but he wasn't the one that started the confrontation.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

Rittenhouse's curfew violation has been dismissed so it appears he had a right to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

Rittenhouse is neither a psychic nor an actual God and I don't think anybody here is saying that he is either of those things.

I know you won't agree with me but Rittenhouse did actually only shoot those who were attacking him. It could be argued that he showed a great degree of self-control by not shooting more people in the vicinity. He only shot those who were actively attacking him.

It wasn't superpowers that guided his bullets, it was his aim.

But yep, for the record, I think Rittenhouse shouldn't have been there, but that said, all three shootings were self-defence in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I don't know why posters bother to respond to someone who has repeatedly demonstrated a propensity for lying and distortion of facts. Waste of time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

We do. Which makes it all the more impressive that without official training, Rittenhouse attained an appropriate level of target discrimination. Given he shot only those actively posing a threat, and deliberately assessed and chose to not shoot anyone not posing a threat at the time (to include Grossman), I couldn’t ask for more from a trained troop, so apparently this 17 year old was not particularly irresponsible with his rifle. He may have shown poor judgement by being where he was, but that’s another matter entirely.

• Advertisement

You're starting to sound like the prosecution lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

This one is a bit confusing, not sure where the big push to get him convicted is coming from. All the facts from the trial so far IMO (including the prosecution's own witnesses) appear to very clearly confirm self-defence.

Can someone clear up though, why Rittenhouse is being called a racist, white supremacist etc? Is he a member of some gang or something or is there some evidence to show it? For safety's safe Id like to say that this is a genuine question by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I think it stems initially because groups like the Proudboys latched onto his case to push their messaging. From there, it fit the current media narrative to frame everything as a struggle between racist white people and everyone else.

Before, you or others, lose your sh*t, I'm not saying Rittenhouse is a racist. He could be, I do believe a huge number of those against the premise of BLM in any way are, but I don't know if he is.

But, I can understand if people looking at the situation, and think that if someone was to go to such efforts to bring a weapon to an anti-racism protest, he must have fairly strong motivations to do so. If he had brought a placard calling for an end to racial practices, it's a pretty safe bet he wouldn't be on trial right now.

At last the acknowledgement of what the true motivations of the Proud Boys really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

He and other members of that community watched as cars were set on fire, buildings were looted and burned and street lamps were knocked over. Can you blame them for wanting to protect their homes and businesses?

"I'm not saying Rittenhouse is a racist. He could be, I do believe a huge number of those against the premise of BLM in any way are" You don't know that Rittenhouse is against the premise of BLM, you're assuming that. Unless you have evidence for that. They claimed they were there to provide Medical help to those injured and protect homes and business's from rioters and looters, not to stop BLM from protesting. Rittenhouse was reported to have been trying to put out a fire at a gas station when he was confronted by BLM protestors which kicked off the whole incident.

"But, I can understand if people looking at the situation, and think that if someone was to go to such efforts to bring a weapon to an anti-racism protest" The way I see it the situation is similar to the Korean store owners defending their businesses from looter during the LA Riots. Is it fair to ascribe sinister motives to them too ? I think its just too difficult for you to admit that BLM is not comprised of innocent perfect people and that elements of the BLM movement are just there to loot and destroy.

"If he had brought a placard calling for an end to racial practices, it's a pretty safe bet he wouldn't be on trial right now." Yes I agree if he had just gone along with the mob and didn't try to defend his community from looting and rioting he would have had a much easier time of it. Thats a lesson here too isn't it, get out of blm's way no matter how objectionable the actions are or you are an evil white supremacist.

Authorities should have been there defending property and not leaving it to the citizens to defend their own property. Nevertheless, he was there and ended up in a situation that meant he had to defend himself from armed attackers who pursued him.

The judge denied the prosecution their attempt to admit evidence that Rittenhouse was a racist. This came in the form of groups such as proud boys lionizing him after the event. The judge left room open for any evidence that connected Rittenhouse to these groups before or on the day but not for anything that came after.

If you look up the NYT video entitled "A Fatal Night in Kenosha: How the Rittenhouse Shootings Unfolded | Visual Investigations" you will see all this 'evidence' that they tried to submit. A true work of art that video, the art of propaganda.

I don't have a huge problem with the general premise of your post. There are some points I disagree with in terms of the interpretation of whether actions or views are justified.

We do know that Rittenhouse had aligned himself with support for Blue Lives Matter and given the near complete isolation between those who support one side or the other, I don't think it's a stretch to suggest he had an issue with BLM.

As for the comparison with Korean business owners, again, understandable, but Rittenhouse wasn't a business owner. He sought to get involved and bring a lethal weapon when doing so. And bear in mind, he was a 17 year old child with no formal training which would have justified him doing so. (Hard to believe many in the US and elsewhere think it is ok for a kid to do such as this 4 years before they are legally entitled to buy alcohol)

Take whatever lesson you want from it, 'you are an evil white supremacist' are you words, but it is reasonable to ask why people look at an anti-racism organization and their primary focus is often to demean and undermine their cause. At the very least, it is reasonable to ask why they do so. (We also know it is a fact that at least some of the instigators of violence at BLM protests were shadow operators)

Post edited by Tell me how on

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Shadow operators lmao. The looting and destruction of property is there for all to see caught on camera at many of those "protests".

The mental gymnastics and failure to adhere to reality is truly admirable. I would like to see the wheels turning in an idealogues brain in real time, but just so you know, for everyone else, the butt hurt is obvious. A sprinkle of white supremacist here, a sprinkle of shadow operators there - you're not fooling anyone who looks at the case objectively.

Rittenhouse shouldn't have been there it was a foolish decision on his part but it was clear as day he acted in self defence. Its pretty shocking how far the dishonest advocate types will go to believe their own lies pushing false narratives and of course large parts of the media follow suit trying to portray the image that those shot were good people advocating for social change when many of those who are involved in the violence were actually convicted felons, pedophiles etc.

Truth does usually come out in the end despite all the fake manufactured social media tears like the Covington case it's a little reassuring that the crazies haven't completely taken over the asylum.... yet.

• Advertisement

Minneapolis Police Reportedly Identify Viral 'Umbrella Man' As White Supremacist

Police say the masked, umbrella-wielding man who smashed windows at a Minneapolis auto parts store two days after George Floyd's death has ties to a white supremacist group and specifically sought to inflame racial tensions.

But sure, lets ignore the reality.

Advertisement