Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Your posts are literally starting to read like Trumps tweets. I'm going to start reading them in his voice.

I haven't moved any goalposts. I'm pointing out that you are going to great efforts to absolve someone from being clearly associated with a hateful group while denigrating anyone advocating for the support of the ideal that Black people be treated equally.

But as always, you claim to be a devowed non-racist while going from thread to thread making arguments that racists are delighted to see you making on their behalf.

Kyle Rittenhouse was inferred a white supremacist by the now president

You said he shouldn't be making white supremacist signs.

I asked if you thought that making the ok gesture was enough reason to be included in the now president's propaganda

You brought up the proud boys as white supremacists.

I said their leader was not white and many members are not white so I find it hard to believe they are white supremacists.

You said the FBI disagreed.

I pointed out that was a lie.

Then you said that I am against black people being treated equally. (Apparently being against BLM makes me racist)

So yeah, you moved the goalposts. You started by trying to call Rittenhouse a white supremacist and when called out on your lie, tried to call me a racist.

Anyone who opposes BLM is a racist. Or anyone that shoots three white people is a racist because it was done at BLM rally for a black man shot justifiably by policemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

All the protest about Kyle's acquittal would be better directed at that case where a man was also found not guilty after firing at the police and killing his girlfriend in the crossfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Just seeing this now. Quite a way to pull selective parts and interpretations from how the conversation evolved. And to top it off with inference of things I've never said. I'm not surprised.

It's alright chief. I stand by everything I said. That's exactly how the conversation evolved.

Fair enough you didn't explicitly say what I attributed to you in my last sentence but I absolutely got that was the gist of what you were saying. I will happily retract the last sentence. The rest I stand by.

We are talking in circles though at this stage so unless I feel the need to, I won't engage with you because I believe at this stage, we both are at loggerheads and you feel I am wrong and I feel you are wrong. I doubt either of us will be able to do or say anything that will convince the other around to the other way of thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Any celeb, President, vice President who are commenting on the Kyle trial in a negative way should be done for stirring up racial hatred where there is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Starfire20

amusing that lots of conservatives / right wing folks are now calling for the cancellation and silencing of people of whoms opinion they don't agree with.

Post edited by Starfire20 on

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭funkyzeit100

Broader than blm or wlm or whatever-lm, at what point do you look at a relationship and come to the sensible conclusion "they're just not into me".

Reading about a lawsuit in new York that alleges there is/has been racial school segregation of Caucasians and Asians away from Africans and latinos,

and meanwhile, due to some barminess known as "critical race theory", some schools are literally segregating classes based entirely on race in order to instill "justice". Yeah, sounds as clever as it is.

Again, at what point do you just admit that all these people aren't in to all those people, and just go your separate ways?

All these different races pretending to get along, while every thing under the sun is demonstrating the opposite. Take a hint, you know?

CRT is a theory that is taught in some Law schools. It is not taught in elementary or high schools.

Of course the facts don't matter to the culture war folks on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

Elements of it have been practiced in some schools, though I believe mainly private ones.

• Advertisement

Lets say that that's true. What, in your own words, is your objection to it?

I'm also going to assume anyone who complains is going to offer an explanation as to why they think it's problematic.

There's literally classrooms of children in some schools, some, that are dividing themselves by race to "teach a lesson". Fact. Check the lower Manhattan area for examples.

Look at the childrens books, and if you aren't immediately and utterly disgusted at what these imbeciles are trying to impart onto children, then you deserve to go the way of the dodo.

There was one I saw in a teacher parents meeting where it shows a cartoon of a white child signing a "contract" that included Nazi symbolism. I wish I was making it up, I really do.

It'll be trotted out that it's "just for law schools", and when that's proven false, even by typing in "crt school children's books" in Google, then the excuse will shift to "but it's only history!", and when that's proven to be untrue, it'll end up at "I don't believe it!".

The predictability of ill-intentioned imbeciles are, well, predictable because they're imbeciles.

quite a lot of assertion here.

please provide evidence of the above and show the context if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

Watch this, I would raise all the same objections Kelly and Maher do.

I'm too tired to lay out a treatise as to my objections to it in general, let alone it being taught in schools (which broadly it isn't... yet), but basically I object to viewing everything through the lens of race due to what results as a result of doing that, such as the letter read out by Maher in the above clip.

Beautiful! Just beautiful.

I point out the sequence of deniability, and then you come along to prove it.

1 it's only law schools

Followed by

2 it's only history

Will then dismiss everything out of hand and go straight to

3 I don't believe it

The predictability is actually quite amusing :)

I already pointed out where to look broadly, I have an example of lower Manhattan for one, I suggested looking at Google...why on Earth would I waste my time showing you exact nitty gritty examples when you're just going to ignore it anyway?

Fact of the matter is that this crt thing is being taught in some schools and it is utterly atrocious in it's intent, cowardly in how it masks itself as "just history", poisonous, and also has a very strong undercurrent of insidiousness to it, picking on children.

Funny isn't it, how these types of humanoids always end up focusing on children?

To add, I better be clear about "humanoid", it's nothing to do with race, it's about certain people, regardless of origin, and their absolutely abysmal "ideas".

All I see is culture war, conservative, the sky is falling rhetoric. CRT has been taught in Law Schools since the 80's or there abouts but now it's suddenly the big boogie man and the right have latched onto it with vigour.

"Let me ignore the main point of it being taught in schools, double down on it only being in law schools which is provably wrong, and skip right ahead to my head being where the sun doesn't shine".

"All you see..." Yeah, precisely, except you're missing the "want to see" bit.

You're dead wrong. You know you're dead wrong, and that's why you're having a circular "conversation" with yourself and nobody else.

you're claiming the sky is falling and when I politely ask you to provide proof and context, you lash out, tell me I should google it and pat yourself on the back and act like you've somehow won some sort of victory. I guess I was asking too much.

You're asking way too little. You're asking nothing, in fact.

Did you look up the schools in lower Manhattan? Of course you didn't.

Did you look up crt books for school children? Of course you didn't.

Did you comment on the other posters video clip? Of course you didn't.

And so on.

So don't act like a prat and pretend we're the ones dodging information.

You're dead wrong, you know you're dead wrong, and that's why you've got nothing, precisely nothing worth saying about anything.

And your lack of thought provocation, outright denial of reality, and poor attempt to reflect your ignorance onto others is exactly why people of a similar (dis)position are rightly being recognised as a laughing stock.

Which, again, leads nicely into answering the strangely insidious focus on poor children. I'll tell you why, it's because an infantile, immature mind, behind closed doors, is about the only place these abysmal ideas can be spewed upon without getting rightly getting run out of town.

they're not teaching CRT to children. It's a Law school level theory.

The fact that you're terrified of children being taught about systemic racism, both historical and current, speaks volumes.

EDIT: hopefully you're not conflating any teaching about racism etc to CRT ?

• Advertisement

Brilliant!

So, you refuse to accept reality. You won't look at any of the information, you won't even pay the laziest, most slovenly intellectual taxation by looking at a mere video clip provided to you on this very thread.

But you're convinced you're correct, against all evidence, by rallying behind some indoctrinating programme that gripped you from some simpleton on the likes of a tiktok video...because they told you to believe it.

Your purposeful avoidance of interaction and lack of interaction on evidence and ideas practically in front of your eyes is ignorance. Pure ignorance.

Why are you ignorant? It's because by engaging or recognising reality it would dismantle your "world view".

Why is your "world view" so demonstrably weak and easily dismantled? It's because it's wrong.

Plain wrong. And your actions precisely prove that you KNOW it's wrong, because otherwise you wouldn't have to go out of your way to conscientiously avoid reality.

i asked you for evidence and you provided nothing except 'go google it' and some general hand waving and frothing.

Either you can provide some evidence or you can't.

You don't want evidence.

I just dismantled your entire existence.

All you're doing is spinning in circles, when everyone reading this exchange can quite clearly see the swiss-cheese of your "position".

You're ignoring everything said, and just repeating yourself, but you know you're lying to yourself, and it's plain for others to see too.

I provided all the evidence I'm bothered to serve up to an ignoramus, and I'll defend the use of the word "ignoramus" because you are quite literally, multiple times in a row, ignoring stuff written out right below your eyeballs.

Now ask me again about information and see what response you get for the 3rd time, after you having ignored the information for the 3rd time.

Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Is this man delusional?. Is the crt he seen being thought in schools just a figment of his imagination.. And don't be obtuse by calling it anti-racism education. We know what it is and its regressive politically charged dogma. The kids its being though too will grow up with a complex against others

There are examples left, right and center.

What you've got to recognise about the poster above is that they quite simply do not want to know.

It's as clear as anything, they'll play dumb all day long, demanding this and demanding that, pretending that that position somehow means something, but they actually don't want anything. They are firmly stuck in the twilight zone with their weak-as-kittens "ideas".

It's a waste of time trying to get through to them or trying to educate them. They don't want it.

And again, again, it goes someway in explaining how little children end up being their focus. It's because theres no pushback from children, it's because it's done behind closed doors away from actual adults. Cowards, in other words, who recognise that their ideas have no place in the real world. It is truly pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

That persons thoughts are not their own. They are just repeating what they saw on The Reid Out on MSNBC. The evidence that was requested was produced so they go running.

I guess I had higher hopes for evidence than a YouTube clip and a rant.

I'll make it easy for you, give me your single best piece of evidence.

If your reply is another "just google it" or general claims of "it is happening", then don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I think it is interesting how people with the “right” views, those who would completely reject out of hand being labelled “racist” display their ingrained prejudices in their reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict and other incidents.

They see Rittenhouse and conclude he looks like a racist, he must be a racist. Similarly in the Lincoln Memorial confrontation incident, the white kid Nick Sandman was portrayed as a racist because, well, that’s what a racist looks like. When in fact the actual racists in that instance were 5 Black Hebrew Israelites who were ignored in the analysis because they didn’t fit the profile of what “right thinking” people regarded as racists.

The most tragic aspect of the Rittenhouse trial, apart from the loss of two lives, has been the level of untruths and inaccuracies reported in American media and repeated verbatim by everyone from Bill de Blasio to Ben & Jerry

Trump coined the term “fake news” and as much as I despise Trump he was certainly right about that.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

The US is still working out the consequences of its original (and more recent) racial sins. It is a society that is on the surface, in its public face, obssessed with race.

BUT it suits the powers that be down to the ground to have the citizenry at each others' throats instead of directing their ire against TPTB.

Black or white or brown or blue, we're in this together. Bickering amongst oursevles on the basis of race is a form of self-harm that weakens our capacity to challenge TPTB en masse and in a coherent manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Looks like he was fleeing a crime scene when the incident occurred so may not have targeted the parade but yes he appears to be a black supremacist with convictions for child prostitution.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Advertisement