Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Amazon donates $10 million to placate Antifa/BLM.
    Their shop gets attacked anyway.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1292751717998583808?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

That's the thanks Amazon get for being part of all this cr@p.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Thanks in part to BLM and rioting , Amazon had its best quarter ever

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Maybe there is more reporting from Seattle than anywhere else but it just seems to me their Antifa clique is the worst in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

biko wrote: »
    Maybe there is more reporting from Seattle than anywhere else but it just seems to me their Antifa clique is the worst in the country.

Followed closely by Portland.

• Advertisement

There must be something in the water up there in the northwest corner.

Seattle is only city in US afaik that has a Trotskyist councilwoman. Says it all really.

A city run by woke capitalists and University graduates who divide their time between making lots of money and trying to overthrow the "system" they benefit most of all from!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

biko wrote: »
    There must be something in the water up there in the northwest corner.

is it Californians that moved away because its a sh1thole and then bring their politics with them?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    is it Californians that moved away because its a sh1thole and then bring their politics with them?
    It's funny because California really is a ****hole in places.

People joke about India and "pooping in the streets", but in 2020 in San Francisco that actually happens - a lot.
    SF has a huge problem with street poop.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Juza1973

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I didn't know they had taken human form and were on the ballot. Did they lose in 2016 also?? :rolleyes:

They support Democrats like Trump were dying anything against blacks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Thanks, I'll quote the bold the next time people come in here screaming about 'black on black' crime in the US. ;)

except blacks are the minority in the US and make up the majority of all voilent crimes...:confused::confused::rolleyes::;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

BLM really need to choose their Martyrs better.

The people they choose are not exactly upstanding citizens. The narrative is also concerning. If we’ve learned anything a 60sec video clip is not enough context to make a decision.

Look at the your lad Sandman, he stood there smiling and the narrative from the left was that he intimidated a Native American and antagonised the black Israelites (who are extremely racist)

BLM should have waited till all the evidence was available, but at that rate there wouldn’t be a whole lot to rage against. BLM have done very little to advance black politics, but have served to divide and full on partisan.

Also take a look at the BLM AMA on Reddit, what a **** show.

Why I can’t get my head around is why anyone outside of the USA would March for Floyd? Makes zero sense to me.
    Why not March for people who don’t have rights, like the multitudes of women across the global or the numerous active genocides.
    Nope let’s instead march for a dangerous junkie criminal without knowing the full story.

In my opinion there needs to be more accountability on the media, we have over indexed on freedom of press, there needs to be reforms in an age of social media. When weather forecasts are more accurate than the news then you know you are in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

As we've seen time and again, there is always an excuse for not supporting black people that protest.

MLK even wrote about it:

That is literally the complete opposite of what I wrote and the things I posted that BLM are doing are all horrible(racism and rioting for example) and do not help black people at all and if someone support the things I listed they are a horrible person. BLM exist for all the wrong reasons and is not a civil rights movement as Black people in America have the same rights as anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

silverharp wrote: »
    Thanks in part to BLM and rioting , Amazon had its best quarter ever

Wrong.
    The Pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That is literally the complete opposite of what I wrote and the things I posted that BLM are doing are all horrible(racism and rioting for example) and do not help black people at all and if someone support the things I listed they are a horrible person. BLM exist for all the wrong reasons and is not a civil rights movement as Black people in America have the same rights as anyone else.

People at the time thought what the Civil Rights protesters were doing were 'all horrible'. The polling of support right now for BLM is significantly better than the support for the civil rights protesters at the time.

MLK in that letter was admonishing the exact mindset you're repeatedly showing here - 'I'd love to support you but you're not protesting the way I'd like'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

So the murder spree in Baltimore is justified or at least understandable or maybe we will blame White people.
    Because some white people, can not hold black people responsible for their actions.

I never said that.

I'm still waiting on your evidence of causation but looks like you've decided to move the goalposts instead.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    What "equal opportunity"?

There is no one in this state who does not have access to that in a legal sense. "Equality" in any other sense - as in everyone should have the same money, house etc, etc, is a meaningless fallacy.

Besides, those most inclined to prey on the rest of us - whether native or imports - are "entitled" to all sorts of state assistance because their entire lives are based on being social parasites.

I am not referring to those who are entitled to social supports because of their circumstances including unemployment and so on. They are not in the same category as those who have made a conscious decision to live off the rest of us; either through state support or crime.

We already have our own, so why import more? It makes no sense whatsoever. People who come here to work and behave as decent people do not draw attention to themselves. There are tens of thousands of Poles here. Are there gangs of feral Polish teenagers? Can't say as I've noticed.

So, we are in agreement. Equal opportunity is important and should be maintained, or provided where it doesn't exist.

Glad you have the same view.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leedsforever

So, we are in agreement. Equal opportunity is important and should be maintained, or provided where it doesn't exist.

Glad you have the same view.

We don't.

Equal opportunity applies to citizens, not to bogus asylum seekers.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    We don't.

Equal opportunity applies to citizens, not to bogus asylum seekers.

Given that this is the BLM thread, I'll go with that and look forward to you arguing for the removal of practices which inhibit some citizens who happen to be black, having the same access to resources which white people have.
    Modern-day redlining: How banks block people of color from homeownership

• Advertisement

Given that this is the BLM thread, I'll go with that and look forward to you arguing for the removal of practices which inhibit some citizens who happen to be black, having the same access to resources which white people have.

Title of the thread is BLM or wlm , you clearly agree with BLM ideology so you ll be inhibiting people of white color to give people of black color the illusion of it.. the hilarious thing is there a ridiculous amount of black people calling this thing out but there's these weird white sjw that are just hell bent on going to battle for a cause that's... Not really there! It's so weird seeing white sjw on here going on rants like there some sort of experts on all black peoples lives because they read some random statistics or some **** and then seeing black people calling out BLM as bull**** and racist ... 2020 sure is a weird one!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=61640

Will this be all over the media?, probably not

aziz wrote: »
    http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=61640

Will this be all over the media?, probably not

If the kid was black and the dude white you d have serious uproar but unfortunately this prob won't gain much traction with today's sjws and there warped logic , horrible story.

Hopefully that's some fake bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

People at the time thought what the Civil Rights protesters were doing were 'all horrible'. The polling of support right now for BLM is significantly better than the support for the civil rights protesters at the time.

MLK in that letter was admonishing the exact mindset you're repeatedly showing here - 'I'd love to support you but you're not protesting the way I'd like'.

In that situation at that time Black people just wanted equality and an end to segregation, something we can all support and am happy that they have it, BML would set us back in this regard.

In that situation at that time Black people just wanted equality and an end to segregation, something we can all support and am happy that they have it, BML would set us back in this regard.

How so?

How so?

You should prob read up on BLM try the website for a start.. one off the bat... Defunding the police...would be one hell of a set back!

A blind man can see they are set up to profit off the back of any mainstream uproar, below every fanatical spiel on there website the first thing you ll see is "DONATE"

We all know what this movement is , it's just frowned apon to say it and they have the ultimate defense , you disagree with them you are a racist because that means you think black lives don't matter it's really a genius name to be fair to em

Cupatae wrote: »
    You should prob read up on BLM try the website for a start.. one off the bat... Defunding the police...would be one hell of a set back!

A blind man can see they are set up to profit off the back of any mainstream uproar, below every fanatical spiel on there website the first thing you ll see is "DONATE"

We all know what this movement is , it's just frowned apon to say it and they have the ultimate defense , you disagree with them you are a racist because that means you think black lives don't matter it's really a genius name to be fair to em

Well, I am glad you found yourself in a position to review their policies although I think you might take some more time to avoid using statements like, 'A blind man can see' or 'we all know what this movement is'.

Did you actually watch the video on Defunding the Police and how it is not a blanket call (as suggested repeatedly on here) to remove all police forces but how to better utilise public funds such as the example where in some cities reducing the police budget by 5% would facilitate increasing the public health budget by 100%?

Will you stop saying now, or calling out others who do say, that the BLM movement want no police any more given that you now know that that is not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

This is their UK go fundmepage.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund

We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world.

BLMUK organises in the black radical tradition, using political education, direct action and political leadership toward black liberation.

Black radical tradition counts the black panther movement and Malcolm x as past contributors.

Here is one of three co-founders in the US Patrisse Cullors, explaining the ideological beliefs of herself and another co-founders beliefs behind the movement - citing herself to be a trained Marxist.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

On their own website they cite

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/11/ariel-atkins-blm-chicago-organizer-says-looting-is/ - As previously mentioned - looting and destroying businesses isn't as issue because they're owed reparations.

"A Black Lives Matter Chicago organizer said Monday that the mobs who vandalized and looted downtown businesses the night before did nothing wrong, calling it “reparations” for Black suffering.

“That is reparations,” Ariel Atkins, an organizer, told NBC Chicago. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”"

Their behavior and beliefs of dismantling modern society, removing capitalism all with the eventual goal of dismantling the police force isn't just Marxist - it's an extreme Anarchist type political movement. With all the funding and donations received which is likely in the tens of millions, what have BLM done for impoverished black communities? Where does the money go?

Once in a while the mask slips thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Juza1973

Cupatae wrote: »

The slogan is perfect and fair, the political movement behind it really is not.

• Advertisement

Well, I am glad you found yourself in a position to review their policies although I think you might take some more time to avoid using statements like, 'A blind man can see' or 'we all know what this movement is'.

Did you actually watch the video on Defunding the Police and how it is not a blanket call (as suggested repeatedly on here) to remove all police forces but how to better utilise public funds such as the example where in some cities reducing the police budget by 5% would facilitate increasing the public health budget by 100%?

Will you stop saying now, or calling out others who do say, that the BLM movement want no police any more given that you now know that that is not the case.

To qoute the page

"we know that police don’t keep us safe — and as long as we continue to pump money into our corrupt criminal justice system at the expense of housing, health, and education investments — we will never be truly safe."

But you're trying to tell me they only want a little bit of defunding to help the community, don't make me laugh, let's see how fair BLM are if the police that killed gf aren't charged with murder... Classy move also calling for mass protests during a pandemic.. guess bl dying from covid ain't too high on there list.

and yes I will continue to call out those that propagate the fairytale land BLM are spinning because it's nonsense based off the fictional idea that black people are being mown down en mass by the police unjustly which is completely false.

Advertisement