Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

No offense, but given the amount of time you have spent on this discussion, I'm now thinking you just don't have the capacity to understand it?

I'll try it this way.

A society needs teachers, social support workers and police.
    In this society, things have evolved so that now, police get more and more money, leading to less and less for the others and ultimately those services can't be provided to the level the society needs.
    As a consequence, some people don't receive appropriate education or support including for mental health issues and so they start to turn to crime.
    This radical idea, (it isn't that radical) is to use money to provide the services to help people so that they are given the tools and opportunity to lead law abiding fulfilling lives.
    More social support workers would also mean less need for police to do welfare checks and deal with those suffering with mental health issues which surely be better for the police also.

Why are you against the above concept?

Also, why is it you use a term like 'do gooders' like it is an insult? Is that what you see anyone who tries to help others? Have you ever tried to do anything for anyone who wasn't yourself?

Now now don't be getting personal it's a sure sign you are losing ;)

So I'll answer yours rather than side step and shout some generic stuff I heard someone from BLM say

They need Teachers and social support ect as opposed to before when they didn't have em is it ? Can you explain how other races got there educations hell other minorities? Did Asians just wake up knowing stuff ?

Tbh it's you who doesn't have the capacity to understand defunding the police won't improve your situation or create the eutopia you innocently believe it will, if anything the police need more funding and more accurate funding, they need to be better trained,

Do you think less police will lead to a decrease in the disproportionate amount of violent crime committed by black people ?

Do you think it will stop black on black crime?

In your crusade for the black community did you stop to think how less police will impact other races ?

Some of the biggest tragedies start of with the best intentions and your position has all the hall marks of that , you simply are regurgitating what you ve heard other social justice warriors say without actually fully thinking thru the consequences of what you are asking for.

The black community in America has a cultural problem first and foremost that needs dealing with and they themselves can only do that it's why Asians are so successful and they arent as successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I believe that black people will be responsible for their problems in the same proportion of white people, Asian people and any other race you care to mention. Because human nature is consistent across races?

What sort of examples are you looking for?

If human nature is consistent across races , if blacks are 13% of the population in USA ,how come they commit 50% of the murder ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,897 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If human nature is consistent across races , if blacks are 13% of the population in USA ,how come they commit 50% of the murder ?

Because they are now in a place, where many within their communities are involved in gangs, the use of guns and other crime.

Why is this prevalent within many of their communities? That is the question. Because of lack of opportunity, lack of belief, lack of options, lack of role models over several decades and generations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

None of these communities had to deal with a period of hundreds of years of being slaves and then having to go through Jim Crow era laws, an expanding prison system and redlining in an effort to keep them down.

Check out how the Irish were treated and how they were viewed when the arrived and for decades after that. Hope people who want to use them as an example keep that in mind in the threads about immigration and multiculturalism.

In Boston of the 1840's The Black community treated Irish immigrants badly. Because they argued (rightly so) the Irish were stealing their Jobs.

:confused:
    I already made the point that the Irish did suffer persecution....
    Just because they did, those that mean that black people didn't suffer or continue to suffer in some ways?

Who do you think is being persecuted in the world today? What are you doing to help them?
    Or is it all No! No! No

The most persecuted group in the world today is probably Christians.
    I help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Example
    Take a look at the Forbes US 100 list.
    How many on the list are White and Male.
    https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/

The list contains 13 women, very close to the 10% I referred to earlier!
    But why don't you start a thread calling for support for the Uighurs in China.

I did here and I've posted in every thread about China I believe. I'd love to hear your opinion about that in that thread if you could post it up.

2u2me wrote: »
    I did here and I've posted in every thread about China I believe. I'd love to hear your opinion about that in that thread if you could post it up.

My view is that any country which has influence on china should be questioning their ambassadors in the same way that the Chinese Ambassador to the UK was questioned on the BBC recently except in a fully official manner.

There was a time when the suggestion of such events would have led to the governments of the US, the UK and others, often through the UN to call for explanations and or sanctions.

Sadly, right now, the UK government is occupied by people focused on making their version of Brexit work and do not want to alienate a potential trading partner and the head of the US is focused on himself, as he always has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

My view is that any country which has influence on china should be questioning their ambassadors in the same way that the Chinese Ambassador to the UK was questioned on the BBC recently except in a fully official manner.

There was a time when the suggestion of such events would have led to the governments of the US, the UK and others, often through the UN to call for explanations and or sanctions.

Sadly, right now, the UK government is occupied by people focused on making their version of Brexit work and do not want to alienate a potential trading partner and the head of the US is focused on himself, as he always has been.

I did ask for that opinion in the other thread, but your answer leaves me with even more questions than I had before. Do you condemn the Chinese treatment of the Uighurs? Your political faction is strangely quiet on the issue of China.

Britain have been quite vocal on the issue of Hong Kong, recently offering shelter to every Hong Konger and rolling back their contract with Huawei.

2u2me wrote: »
    I did ask for that opinion in the other thread, but your answer leaves me with even more questions than I had before. Do you condemn the Chinese treatment of the Uighurs? Your political faction is strangely quiet on the issue of China.

Britain have been quite vocal on the issue of Hong Kong, recently offering shelter to every Hong Konger and rolling back their contract with Huawei.

WTF is my political faction?

I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was obliged to post in a thread I hadn't seen.

Hence the calls to take money from the police budgets and put money in to education, social outlets and job opportunities to give people alternative options than hanging out on corners or joining gangs.

The idea of giving police forces more and more money hasn't worked has it?

From
    https://www.boston.gov/departments/budget/fy20-public-education
    $1.177 billion will support the 55,000 students at (BPS)
    If my sums are correct, that equals $21,400 per student.
    From
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/education/irelands-spend-on-students-is-well-below-the-international-average-and-primary-schools-fare-worst-of-all-36124089.html

, the average State spend in Ireland on a primary pupilis the equivalent of €6,464 per year, compared with €8,100-€8,300 on each second-level student

If money spent(or wasted) on education was the Answer.
    The schools in Boston would be Superior to Irish ones.

• Advertisement

From
    https://www.boston.gov/departments/budget/fy20-public-education
    $1.177 billion will support the 55,000 students at (BPS)
    If my sums are correct, that equals $21,400 per student.
    From
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/education/irelands-spend-on-students-is-well-below-the-international-average-and-primary-schools-fare-worst-of-all-36124089.html

, the average State spend in Ireland on a primary pupilis the equivalent of €6,464 per year, compared with €8,100-€8,300 on each second-level student

If money spent(or wasted) on education was the Answer.
    The schools in Boston would be Superior to Irish ones.

In terms of spending on education, Chicago spending per student is approx 4.5K. Maybe that is one reason why Boston doesn't generally have the shooting figures of other cities and would support the argument to fund education more.

Also, not sure what you mean about schools in Boston being superior to Ireland. In what way? Facilities, results, quality of teaching?

Because they are now in a place, where many within their communities are involved in gangs, the use of guns and other crime.

Why is this prevalent within many of their communities? That is the question. Because of lack of opportunity, lack of belief, lack of options, lack of role models over several decades and generations.

Because of lack of opportunity.This is America, it is the land of opportunity.

lack of options. everybody has options, in the case of criminals, joining a gang is a excellent option.

lack of role models. whose fault is that, I had my Father, grandfathers and uncles as role models. In the US today, it is common to see on a birth certificate, the Father's name is missing, it's left blank.

Because of lack of opportunity.This is America, it is the land of opportunity.

lack of options. everybody has options, in the case of criminals, joining a gang is a excellent option.

lack of role models. whose fault is that, I had my Father, grandfathers and uncles as role models. In the US today, it is common to see on a birth certificate, the Father's name is missing, it's left blank.

You're right, there is no excuse or explanation (none that hasn't been said to you already that is).

And again, you have proven that it is always solely down to the individual and the society in which they live and therefore there should be no need for any government strategies, or programs or engagements.

Is that it?

In terms of spending on education, Chicago spending per student is approx 4.5K. Maybe that is one reason why Boston doesn't generally have the shooting figures of other cities and would support the argument to fund education more.

Also, not sure what you mean about schools in Boston being superior to Ireland. In what way? Facilities, results, quality of teaching?

From
    https://biportal.cps.edu/analytics/saw.dll?Dashboard
    and
    https://www.cps.edu/about/stats-facts/
    I get the the figures of $6.32 billion budget and 355,156 students.

Spending per student of $17,795

The dumb-asses in Chicago elected a guy called Obama to serve them in the Illinois state senate

And Chicago Teachers sent a delegation to Venezuela to praise the terrible regime down there.

https://wirepoints.org/viva-maduro-the-chicago-teachers-unions-trip-to-venezuela-wirepoints-original/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Do you have a theory for why that is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,780 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Considering how low the clearance rate is for murders I wouldn't say that's entirely accurate.

http://www.murderdata.org/p/blog-page.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Overheal wrote: »
    Considering how low the clearance rate is for murders I wouldn't say that's entirely accurate.

Gangs don't cooperate with cops... mystery solved. The FBI statistics are accurate.

RWCNT wrote: »
    Do you have a theory for why that is?

Drugs , gang culture , gangster rap that glorifies that lifestyle leading to brainwashed kids thinking the only way to get money , woman , bling etc is through crime . No father's at home .

Will you go away , you think every unsolved murder of a black man must have been committed by a white guy . If you think theres white lads driving into the hood shooting black people for fun you're delusional

Will you go away , you think every unsolved murder of a black man must have been committed by a white guy . If you think theres white lads driving into the hood shooting black people for fun you're delusional

Theirs a select few on these boards that absolve the black community of any blame or fault for the situation they find themselves and believe the big bad white man is the root of all there woes, these people are easy spot as there logic is at best nonsensical, they will do some amazing mental gymnastics to defend BLM and deflect all blame or fault to the white man.

Strange folk.. but a good laugh if uve time to kill in work :D

• Advertisement

You know what'd really help that?

Less cops, Less funding for them. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Cupatae wrote: »
    You know what'd really help that?

Less cops, Less funding for them. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

You are really going out of your way to prove you haven't the capacity to understand that there may be different ways of doing things.

Or should more and more money be given to police, more and more prisons built as murders increase and the clearance rate drops?

That has been tried. It hasn't worked.

You are really going out of your way to prove you haven't the capacity to understand that there may be different ways of doing things.

Or should more and more money be given to police, more and more prisons built as murders increase and the clearance rate drops?

That has been tried. It hasn't worked.

You're out of hiding? you literally ducked the post that eviscerated your little capacity argument.

To be honest you're embarrassing yourself here.

Who said it has to be drive by shootings? It’s simply a fact that the identity of the murder in a third of all murders is unproven. That’s a load of uncertainty.

Recall also the El Paso Walmart shooter, for instance, who indeed left 20 people dead and his primary target was Latinos. Are we going to pretend race motivated killings don’t happen? That would be the delusional bit here.

Cupatae wrote: »
    You're out of hiding? you literally ducked the post that eviscerated your little capacity argument.

To be honest you're embarrassing yourself here.

What are you talking about? Am I not allowed go to bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Alternative services to the police, like proponents of defunding are describing, will only lead to bloated big government and drastically higher spending.

It will create plenty of jobs for graduates with third rate degrees in various social studies. This will in turn perpetuate and validate the victim economy.

Heres a crazy idea: get people to obey the law and live a normal life.

Biker79 wrote: »
    Alternative services to the police, like proponents of defunding are describing, will only lead to bloated big government and drastically higher spending.

It will create plenty of jobs for graduates with third rate degrees in various social studies. This will in turn perpetuate and validate the victim economy.

Sure look, with that attitude, no one would ever try anything different.

How about try something new, assess it appropriately, adjust it and repeat.

The same logic should be tried consistently, there is no easy permanent fix for any solution and waiting for it to arrive (as with the climate issue) is just procrastinating either out of laziness or a desire to keep things as they are.

Biker79 wrote: »

How the **** often am I told that guns aren’t the problem mental health is the problem?

We need to do something different. Nobody said it was going to shrink the overall budget. Less of it will be spent on militarization.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

If Guns are the problem in the USA,

Due to more people being killed in Europe with either Hammers, or kitchen Knives, then should we ban those too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

IKEA Sweden banned the sale of knives after an Eritrean, due to be deported, killed a 55-year-old Swedish woman and her 28-year-old son inside the shop

Advertisement