Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

As I said, you can feel free to get upset about it all you like, but it is still the reality of the matter. Americans as a view the protestors far more favourably than the police, which isn't very surprising after the last while. I guess gassing priests and battering journalists and 'walls of moms' just isn't sitting well with most people. Who would've guessed?

These are the same people that view snowden as a traitor... i mean there not exactly the brightest bunch now are they.. the america public are very much a flavor of the month kind of people, i mean they did vote in trump after all, its painfully clear to anyone with half a brain that the media dictates how the america public feel, and how they react... you only have to look at the fantastic job they did editing GF death, i mean its oscar worthy how they edited it...

But of course all this will just sail right over your head, because you think these protest will actually bring about change lol

As i said before you're codding yourselves this is nothing but a storm in a tea cup till the media brings up the next thing to be outraged about... time will tell ;)

This time next year not one person will be talking about BLM.

P.s Wheres all the donations going ? lmfao

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Cupatae wrote: »
    Any evidence of these or did you just make em up? source?

You're like a broken record lol that all you got? :D

Says the lad who all he is doing here is predicting the future.
    You just got evidence of both the support for the protests and of a falling support for the police and you dismissed that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Bonniedog wrote: »
    People like you should be asking yourself why you feel an emotional empathy with criminal dross rather than little black and white children murdered by the scum.

It actually doesn't matter how many of you there are.
    There's that virtue signalling I was referring to. The same can be thrown back about the likes of Tamir Rice who police shot dead.

I do understand that it's a bit upsetting for you to realise how much more the American public support the protests than the police on this matter, but when they go into nurses homes in the middle of the night and shoot then dead I can see why Americans would feel anxious about the current scenario. When they start battering even the attendees of peaceful protests, the clergy and international journalists, it only makes this worse. And when they shove over elderly people and leave them there to bleed from the head unconscious, it does the same. This is before getting into all the secret police stuff that has gone on since.

I'm taking it from your post that you also support the Chinese police in Hong Kong, as protesters there have also killed innocent people?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    People like you should be asking yourself why you feel an emotional empathy with criminal dross rather than little black and white children murdered by the scum.

It actually doesn't matter how many of you there are.

In the context of Breonna Taylor, was she 'criminal dross'? Who was the scum who did the murdering here?

These are the same people that view snowden as a traitor... i mean there not exactly the brightest bunch now are they.. the america public are very much a flavor of the month kind of people, i mean they did vote in trump after all, its painfully clear to anyone with half a brain that the media dictates how the america public feel, and how they react... you only have to look at the fantastic job they did editing GF death, i mean its oscar worthy how they edited it...

But of course all this will just sail right over your head, because you think these protest will actually bring about change lol

As i said before you're codding yourselves this is nothing but a storm in a tea cup till the media brings up the next thing to be outraged about... time will tell ;)

This time next year not one person will be talking about BLM.

P.s Wheres all the donations going ? lmfao

How did they edit the footage of George Floyds death? It was originally posted and uploaded by a teenage girl so ill be fascinated to know what masters trikes she was pulling.

There have already been some changes made from these protests which you lads have been having a sh*t fit about during the thread, but reality hasn't got in the way of your 'lolmfaoroflharhar' attempts so far, so continue to have at it.

In the meantime, the largest protests in US history continue with massive public support will continue.

• Advertisement

Says the lad who all he is doing here is predicting the future.
    You just got evidence of both the support for the protests and of a falling support for the police and you dismissed that also.

so you have no sources of people saying exactly what i said?

Not surprised to be honest you been chattin waffle.

How did they edit the footage of George Floyds death? It was originally posted and uploaded by a teenage girl so ill be fascinated to know what masters trikes she was pulling.

There have already been some changes made from these protests which you lads have been having a sh*t fit about during the thread, but reality hasn't got in the way of your 'lolmfaoroflharhar' attempts so far, so continue to have at it.

In the meantime, the largest protests in US history continue with massive public support will continue.

ahhh here theres delusional now but this is taking the piss how did they edit it?

Honestly do you need that answered how the news outlets spun it?

You said they edited it. I couldn't possibly be any less surprised that now you can't back that up at all.

His death was filmed by a teenage girl and uploaded. People saw the video to see what happened, which they did, and made their own minds up on. The guy, lowlife or not, was killed on the street for having a fake $20 note.

You said they edited it. I couldn't possibly be any less surprised that now you can't back that up at all.

His death was filmed by a teenage girl and uploaded. People saw the video to see what happened, which they did, and made their own minds up on. The guy, lowlife or not, was killed on the street for having a fake $20 note.

You know what editing is right?

You know what editing is right?

You've yet to even mention what you think was edited. Floyd bought smokes with a forged $20 note. The shop staff confronted him in the car, he didn't give it back, so they called the cops who promptly showed up and murdered him as he tried to tell them he couldn't breathe. A teenage girl filmed it!m, the video went viral pretty much instantly, and people around the globe were appalled.

Which part of this did they edit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Just shows you the breed of these people and the destruction they are causing/supporting, this is more a disease than the covid19

Imagine telling people 10 years ago that in 2020, saying "all lives matter" would be a racist phrase and that a parent of a five year old child murdered by a black lad would have to make a statement saying that the five year old boy wasn’t racist.

It’s madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

WOKEID-19 is the real pandemic.

Susceptible group: Aged between 15 and 35, third rate education, no trade, poor self development, aimless, bitter.

It can be transmitted via the madness of crowds or through internet manipulation.

Ultimately destructive to the host and their environment if they don't pull themselves together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

A 5 year old named Cannon Hinnant was playing on his bicycle in North Carolina on 11th August when a 25 year old named Darius Sessums walked up to him , produced a gun and shot the child in the head at point blank distance.

He was due to start kindergarten last Monday

The large mainstream media in the United states have completely ignored this story.

The child was white. The murderer was black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

A 5 year old named Cannon Hinnant was playing on his bicycle in North Carolina on 11th August when a 25 year old named Darius Sessums walked up to him , produced a gun and shot the child in the head at point blank distance.

The large mainstream media in the United states have completely ignored this story.

A piece of rope hanging from a garage door got more media attention than this.

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Imagine telling people 10 years ago that in 2020, saying "all lives matter" would be a racist phrase and that a parent of a five year old child murdered by a black lad would have to make a statement saying that the five year old boy wasn’t racist.

It’s madness.

Don't forget that a poster saying "it's ok to be white" needed to be removed as it was racist and offensive.

Celticfire wrote: »
    A piece of rope hanging from a garage door got more media attention than this.

Probably because by the time the story broke, the guy had already been arrested, charged and held in jail. And rightly so.

What would you like to see achieved through more media attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

https://twitter.com/lporiginalg/status/1293541775559127043

Hmm what seems to be the difference here, cnn were similar.

The virtue signalers on here are more concerned about a black lad off his face on drugs who went around robbing pregnant women in there own home at gun point with his buddies...

Gotta set that moral compass!

Its mad tho you cant say All lives matter now with out being racist because of these people :D crazy times we're living in, where the lunatics have taken over the asylum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Probably because by the time the story broke, the guy had already been arrested, charged and jailed

Are you saying that the news dont report on stories if someone has been arrested?

Really

A man walked up to a 5 year old child and shot him in the head. The shooter was black. That's the only reason this story wasn't carried . That's the reality

Its shocking violence. We all know it is. Its horrific. His 7 and 9 year old brothers witnessed it. They will never get over it.

The media wouldn't dare name race because the shooter was black. Recently we see lots of headlines with "white man or woman "

We both know it's true. I don't care if you admit it or not.

Probably because by the time the story broke, the guy had already been arrested, charged and held in jail. And rightly so.

You kick and scream for your precious BLM but dont bat an eyelid for a 5 year old getting shot in the head, speaks volumes about the breed that supports BLM and there messed up ideology.

You want less police? they should be out protesting for more police to lock up animals like this lad, more funding, these people commit well over 50% of all violent crime and they only make up 13% of the population over there.

I surprised BLM arent out protesting for this lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The cop who killed career criminal George Floyd was arrested and is in jail too and rightly so . So by your logic , that should be the end of it and yet they're still protesting months later

You kick and scream for your precious BLM but dont bat an eyelid for a 5 year old getting shot in the head, speaks volumes about the breed that supports BLM and there messed up ideology.

You want less police? they should be out protesting for more police to lock up animals like this lad, more funding, these people commit well over 50% of all violent crime and they only make up 13% of the population over there.

I surprised BLM arent out protesting for this lad.

You need to relax, I expect you are nearly breaking your keyboard as you type.

I'm not kicking or screaming about anything, nor haven't been, I am supporting advocates who say that Black communities or people should not be treated differently simply because of the colour of their skin. That's my position, read it a few times.

What do you want me to do about this case? It's horrific, but the guy is in jail awaiting trial. What do you want? A mob outside the courthouse? To what end? Are you advocating that they don't have a trial but just string him up?

And again, I didn't specifically say I want less police, I want the people with the most appropriate training to be dealing with the events as they occur.

This is from a city councillor in Seattle
    56% of the calls to the police are responding to are non-criminal. What that suggests to me is not that we need more police, it's that we need more first responders, which is why I'm advocating for the creation of a new system of low acuity first response.”

Now, given that, can you see how you might be better off with a social worker and a paramedic instead of two more cops in riot gear? They will still be there, in fact, they will be better able to focus on their jobs because they won't be spending time at non-criminal events. How can that be a bad thing?

The cop who killed career criminal George Floyd was arrested and is in jail too and rightly so . So by your logic , that should be the end of it and yet they're still protesting months later

As you know, they are protesting because of the frequency at which such events occur and also, because the killers of Breonna Taylor still have not been arrested or charged.

You know this.

Are you saying that the news dont report on stories if someone has been arrested?

Really

A man walked up to a 5 year old child and shot him in the head. The shooter was black. That's the only reason this story wasn't carried . That's the reality

Its shocking violence. We all know it is. Its horrific. His 7 and 9 year old brothers witnessed it. They will never get over it.

The media wouldn't dare name race because the shooter was black. Recently we see lots of headlines with "white man or woman "

We both know it's true. I don't care if you admit it or not.

You guys have been talking about all the murders in Chicago. What are the names of all those victims? Surely you must have seen on the widespread coverage.............?

I'm glad you are concerned about the impact on watching violence has on kids and will agree that it is another reason why cops shooting people while their kids are in the back of the car should most definitely not be happening.

As for headlines about a 'white man or woman'? Seriously? You want me to do a search for news headings or pieces with the words 'A Black male' in it?

Its simple dont bring race into news headlines at all. Im sure you can agree with that.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Its simple dont bring race into news headlines at all. Im sure you can agree with that.

Generally yes.

Except when there is some untoward practice associated with race. If so, would you be advocating not covering it?

Generally yes.

Except when there is some untoward practice associated with race. If so, would you be advocating not covering it?

Yes clear an obvious racism should be covered but not headlines jumping to immediate conclusions just because an interaction has been between 2 people of different races. Different races can have negative interactions for reasons other then racism.

Generally yes.

Was George Floyds death racial motivated?

Was George Floyds death racial motivated?

It appears to have occurred because of the institutional practice to use excessive violence against people of colour.

Now, the question is, if there is an institutional practice to use excessive violence against people of colour, is there a racial element to the situation?

What do you think?

• Advertisement

You need to relax, I expect you are nearly breaking your keyboard as you type.

I'm not kicking or screaming about anything, nor haven't been, I am supporting advocates who say that Black communities or people should not be treated differently simply because of the colour of their skin. That's my position, read it a few times.

What do you want me to do about this case? It's horrific, but the guy is in jail awaiting trial. What do you want? A mob outside the courthouse? To what end? Are you advocating that they don't have a trial but just string him up?

And again, I didn't specifically say I want less police, I want the people with the most appropriate training to be dealing with the events as they occur.

This is from a city councillor in Seattle

Now, given that, can you see how you might be better off with a social worker and a paramedic instead of two more cops in riot gear? They will still be there, in fact, they will be better able to focus on their jobs because they won't be spending time at non-criminal events. How can that be a bad thing?

Quite the imagination you have there,

To qoute the people you support directly:

"What Defunding the Police Really Means
    July 6, 2020
    We know that police don’t keep us safe — and as long as we continue to pump money into our corrupt criminal justice system at the expense of housing, health, and education investments — we will never be truly safe."

More specifically the bold point, makes it pretty clear there intentions and reasoning.. these are the people you support, less police allows scumbags like that lad that shot that 5 yr old a better chance at getting away with said crime...

You dont have to like that but its an unfortunate consequence of what you are asking for and the ideology that you support, you want less police because of a few bad cops. Most cops are good but you want to punish the the entire force collectively for the sins of a few.

Advertisement