Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

The fact that you are in a position to think this is a privilege you have which no doubt you don't realise and will freak out when it is pointed out to you.

Still didn't comment on Tamir Rice of course. Not surprising.

In what way is it a privilege?

What's the questions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Cupatae wrote: »
    What's the questions ?

Read the thread kid.

Read the thread kid.

So you ve no question then, ok

So you ve no question then, ok

Read the thread. Or don't. I don't care.

Read the thread. Or don't. I don't care.

126 pages of it... Hang on I'll be right on it!

• Advertisement

126 pages of it... Hang on I'll be right on it!

Change your settings to 40 posts a page and there'll only be 38 pages to read.

You'll get through it faster. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

First off, I can't find anywhere stating that he was responsible for shooting the two men. Here is one report.

So, it could be that he was the shooter, and that 'justice' was served, (aside from the fact that neither of the other 2 men shot died).

But, it could also be that he was a bystander running to escape the sounds of gunshots and was shot and was killed.

So, do either of you guys know definitively what happened?
    Can you see that if it was the latter, then this would be another case which would add to the reasons why BLM protests are happening?

Also, going back to the outrage at the lack of BLM commentary on black violence. Nobody is disputing black violence exists, or that it should be allowed to continue, but that an organisation funded by public money with the specific responsibility for keeping people safe should not be mistreating a sector of society in a significantly differ manner which results in many of them being persecuted or murdered. How is that complicacted?

Every day around Ireland, some people fly-tip. And most of society hate it and disagree it should happen. But there isn't mass uproar, or it isn't on the news every single night. Now imagine if videos emerged of county council trucks fly tipping? Can you see how that would make the news? Can you see how that would lead to calls for resignations, investigations and prosecutions?
    Now, if you can push your brain just a little further and imagine if those videos emerged of county council trucks fly-tipping but there was either no investigation initiated or there was a behind closed doors investigation and it was found that actually, the people doing the tipping hadn't misbehaved and wouldn't be disciplined. Or maybe, they would be sent on an environmental training program.

So, if you are still here, same events, but we could expect a much different response if the body doing the illegal behaviour is an official state/governmental body.

Does that explain to you why BLM are focused on police brutality as opposed to all violence?

If you'd care to look at the video of him shooting the 2 guys ... Bystander ? I wonder how many other people he had shot before it . No wonder all the crime ridden city's are run by Democrats with people like you voting for them . You love criminals and hate police . Another stand up guy innocent poor black man gunned down by the cops .

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2018/10/police_release_videos_of_offic.html

Matthew Mena, 26, a witness interviewed by police hours later, said he heard two shots before seeing a man with a gun run directly toward police, apparently unaware of their presence. The man then turned to run in between parked cars.

Mena said the man had his back turned, but his hand holding a gun was raised above his waist behind him. "If I'm right behind him, I would've thought this guy's gonna shoot back at me, too," Mena told police.

The Taurus .38-caliber revolver found near Patrick Kimmons, according to police.

Mena said police told the man to drop the gun, and possibly to stop, but opened fire less than a second after.

Kimmons fell beside hedges and a parked car along the Southwest Harvey Milk Street side of the parking lot.

Officer Todd Harris, who arrived at the lot as the shooting occurred, told investigators Kimmons was still moving and at one point was on his hands and knees. Harris and other officers applied tourniquets and wound dressings to try and stanch his bleeding, then helped put him in an ambulance.

Kimmons was taken by ambulance to OHSU Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 4:10 a.m.

The account is detailed 402 pages of documents released by police.

An autopsy showed Kimmons was shot in the right lower leg, right buttocks, right lower mid-buttocks, left mid-buttocks, upper left buttocks, left thigh, left groin, left chest and right chest. The medical examiner's office released the autopsy separately late Wednesday afternoon.

The other two men who were wounded, Dante Emanuel Hall, also known as Manny, and Marcell Branch, arrived in private cars at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. Hall is a friend of Kimmons.

Branch told police he had parked his blue Chevrolet Cobalt on Southwest Harvey Milk Street and was walking through the lot to the Golden Dragon Exotic Club when he approached a group of men. At some point, Branch and Hall got into a physical fight, with Branch throwing the first punch, striking Hall in the face, police reports indicate.

Suddenly, Branch said he was shot in the back. Branch said he hobbled to his car and sped off to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. As he was walking to the emergency room's entrance, he noticed a black Camaro drive up, and thought whoever was in it might have been after him. Branch hurried to the hospital's emergency department, pounding on its automatic sliding doors to open. He was shot in the back and upper right arm, and underwent surgery.

Hall was dropped off at the same hospital in the black Camaro. When he arrived, Hall cursed at detectives who had arrived at the hospital and said he didn't want to talk to them, according to police reports. Hall was shot in the leg.

Hall and Kimmons are associated with the Rolling 60s Crips gang, and Branch has ties to the Unthank Park Hustlers, according to police reports.

Kimmons was found to have alcohol and two anti-depressant drugs, ketamine and trazadone, in his system when he died, toxicology tests found.

Police recovered a Taurus .38-caliber revolver found near Kimmons, and four other guns at the scene.

As other Central Precinct officers arrived, other witnesses and friends of the men shot were shouting at police.

"If one of my homies is dead, I'm gonna turn this city upside down,'' one man was quoted telling Officer Charles Asheim, according to his report.

Officer Daryl Turner, president of the Portland Police Association, said officers had split seconds to react on Sept. 30.

"Our officers did exactly what the community asks of them; they acted to stop a person who posed an immediate, deadly threat to our community,'' he said in a statement.

If you'd care to look at the video of him shooting the 2 guys ... Bystander ? I wonder how many other people he had shot before it . No wonder all the crime ridden city's are run by Democrats with people like you voting for them . You love criminals and hate police . Another stand up guy innocent poor black man gunned down by the cops .

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2018/10/police_release_videos_of_offic.html

Matthew Mena, 26, a witness interviewed by police hours later, said he heard two shots before seeing a man with a gun run directly toward police, apparently unaware of their presence. The man then turned to run in between parked cars.

Mena said the man had his back turned, but his hand holding a gun was raised above his waist behind him. "If I'm right behind him, I would've thought this guy's gonna shoot back at me, too," Mena told police.

The Taurus .38-caliber revolver found near Patrick Kimmons, according to police.

Mena said police told the man to drop the gun, and possibly to stop, but opened fire less than a second after.

Kimmons fell beside hedges and a parked car along the Southwest Harvey Milk Street side of the parking lot.

Officer Todd Harris, who arrived at the lot as the shooting occurred, told investigators Kimmons was still moving and at one point was on his hands and knees. Harris and other officers applied tourniquets and wound dressings to try and stanch his bleeding, then helped put him in an ambulance.

Kimmons was taken by ambulance to OHSU Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 4:10 a.m.

The account is detailed 402 pages of documents released by police.

An autopsy showed Kimmons was shot in the right lower leg, right buttocks, right lower mid-buttocks, left mid-buttocks, upper left buttocks, left thigh, left groin, left chest and right chest. The medical examiner's office released the autopsy separately late Wednesday afternoon.

The other two men who were wounded, Dante Emanuel Hall, also known as Manny, and Marcell Branch, arrived in private cars at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. Hall is a friend of Kimmons.

Branch told police he had parked his blue Chevrolet Cobalt on Southwest Harvey Milk Street and was walking through the lot to the Golden Dragon Exotic Club when he approached a group of men. At some point, Branch and Hall got into a physical fight, with Branch throwing the first punch, striking Hall in the face, police reports indicate.

Suddenly, Branch said he was shot in the back. Branch said he hobbled to his car and sped off to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. As he was walking to the emergency room's entrance, he noticed a black Camaro drive up, and thought whoever was in it might have been after him. Branch hurried to the hospital's emergency department, pounding on its automatic sliding doors to open. He was shot in the back and upper right arm, and underwent surgery.

Hall was dropped off at the same hospital in the black Camaro. When he arrived, Hall cursed at detectives who had arrived at the hospital and said he didn't want to talk to them, according to police reports. Hall was shot in the leg.

Hall and Kimmons are associated with the Rolling 60s Crips gang, and Branch has ties to the Unthank Park Hustlers, according to police reports.

Kimmons was found to have alcohol and two anti-depressant drugs, ketamine and trazadone, in his system when he died, toxicology tests found.

Police recovered a Taurus .38-caliber revolver found near Kimmons, and four other guns at the scene.

As other Central Precinct officers arrived, other witnesses and friends of the men shot were shouting at police.

"If one of my homies is dead, I'm gonna turn this city upside down,'' one man was quoted telling Officer Charles Asheim, according to his report.

Officer Daryl Turner, president of the Portland Police Association, said officers had split seconds to react on Sept. 30.

"Our officers did exactly what the community asks of them; they acted to stop a person who posed an immediate, deadly threat to our community,'' he said in a statement.

Justice was served the cops should be commended on a good job.. they literally should get a medal for heroically stopping that dangerous criminal.

The bravery they showed charging at an armed suspect that just shot too people is unbelievable , great composure and effective shooting , and BLM want "justice" for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Change your settings to 40 posts a page and there'll only be 38 pages to read.

You'll get through it faster. ;)

Does that setting work on touch? ....

I wouldn't have much problem with the police behaviour here. Well, maybe not continuing to shoot as he lay on the ground with the gun behind his back.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

This picture shows a ARMED security guard at a Burger King in a 'black' neighborhood.
    Is this a sign of Racism.
    Why are all the employees Hispanic, is that Racist also.

Bk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This picture shows a ARMED security guard at a Burger King in a 'black' neighborhood.

How do you surmise anyone in the photo is armed? How do you even know when it was taken? Or where? What is the source for this?

1 - How do you know that person is armed?
    2 - How do you know they are there to provide security in that restaurant?
    3 - How do you know all the employees are hispanic?
    4 - How do you know that picture is from a 'black' neighbourhood?
    5 - What point were you trying to make?

Overheal wrote: »
    How do you surmise anyone in the photo is armed? How do you even know when it was taken? Or where? What is the source for this?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Burger+King/@42.3059811,-71.0803775,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipMGlkuHeB1iEQ7RE3s6N4tKc0e8SknK0UsJZFc!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMGlkuHeB1iEQ7RE3s6N4tKc0e8SknK0UsJZFc%3Dw114-h86-k-no!7i4160!8i3120!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e37bc439d2f0d9:0xd3f269638cd0901e!8m2!3d42.3059811!4d-71.0803789
    Time
    August 17, 2020 7.15pm

Source
    Listen Babe, you are talking to the 'source'

the company is
    https://1st-armor.com/

The security officer was carrying a gun on his right hip.

so, any more questions?

going to bed soon, so hurry up if you have any.

:D:D:D:D

Go to bed. You need it.

:D:D:D:D

Go to bed. You need it.

using google maps does wear me out a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Remember Cannon Hinnant. RIP

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3384636518224714&id=498888986799496&fs=1&focus_composer=0

Meanwhile... BLM yo! :D

Those lads prob got "treated different by the cops " after this lmao those poor victims

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So to be clear you first posted a 'hey look at this photo I found' post, and now you're claiming to be the photographer. Alright,

How do you know the ethnicity of all of the staff? Did you hire them? Did you ask them? I especially say that because we had a Hawaiian employee one time who was perpetually mistaken for Mexican; people are too dumb to tell the difference. How do you?

Do you have evidence the guard (if that's who he was) worked for the store or if he was just waiting on an order? Why did you allegedly take this photo from outside? It doesn't speak to you having a firm grasp of the scene in front of you.

Ultimately, I'm not sure what it adds to this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3384636518224714&id=498888986799496&fs=1&focus_composer=0

Meanwhile... BLM yo! :D

Those lads prob got "treated different by the cops " after this lmao those poor victims

We don't know the full story here, all i see is a black guy knocking down white dude.
    is this supposed to look good on black people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Feel free to riot in Chicago, just not where the mayor lives

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-chicago-police-lightfoot-home-protests-20200820-s563zjj4uzc2rcbprrruzalwaq-story.html
    Mayor Lori Lightfoot defended the Chicago Police Department’s ban on protesters being able to demonstrate on the block where she lives, telling reporters Thursday that she and her family at times require heightened security because of threats she receives daily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

biko wrote: »

They're doing more than rioting 21 shot yesterday. It's great to see that them BLM protest have really paid off ....not

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/8/20/21376989/chicago-shootings-21-shot-wednesday-aug-19-gun-violence

21 shot Wednesday in Chicago
    Six people were wounded in a single shooting in Gresham, while a 9-year-old boy and his mother were in critical condition after a shooting in Austin.

By Sun-Times Wire on August 20, 2020 5:20 am

Twenty-one people were shot Aug. 19, 2020, in Chicago. Sun-Times file photo
    Twenty-one people were wounded Wednesday in shootings across Chicago. It is the third time in four days that more than 20 people have been shot in the city

They're doing more than rioting 21 shot yesterday. It's great to see that them BLM protest have really paid off ....not

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/8/20/21376989/chicago-shootings-21-shot-wednesday-aug-19-gun-violence

21 shot Wednesday in Chicago
    Six people were wounded in a single shooting in Gresham, while a 9-year-old boy and his mother were in critical condition after a shooting in Austin.

By Sun-Times Wire on August 20, 2020 5:20 am

Twenty-one people were shot Aug. 19, 2020, in Chicago. Sun-Times file photo
    Twenty-one people were wounded Wednesday in shootings across Chicago. It is the third time in four days that more than 20 people have been shot in the city

More Faux outrage over something you didn't care about until people started highlightinb abuse by police.

Same old same old.

More Faux outrage over something you didn't care about until people started highlightinb abuse by police.

Same old same old.

In fairness, faux outrage when it is presented as non racial violence, yet evidence when it proves your point?

I don't think thats fair.

In fairness, faux outrage when it is presented as non racial violence, yet evidence when it proves your point?

I don't think thats fair.

It's nothing to do with the violence, it's the posters sudden concern for people only in order to detract from the calls to sort out inappropriate behaviour from police.

It's nothing to do with the violence, it's the posters sudden concern for people only in order to detract from the calls to sort out inappropriate behaviour from police.

I don't think that's a fair assumption to make.

Could the poster not question why you suddenly care about the rate of police homicide and have ignored black on black homicide rates throughout the last couple of decades and accuse you of pushing your agenda now that it is en vogue?

This is a contentious enough topic.

I don't think that's a fair assumption to make.

Could the poster not question why you suddenly care about the rate of police homicide and have ignored black on black homicide rates throughout the last couple of decades and accuse you of pushing your agenda now that it is in vogue?

This is a contentious enough topic.

They could ask, I could point to a consistent position during my time on Boards as evidence of trying to argue the argument for positive action where possible to help any community which is prejudiced against.

They could ask, I could point to a consistent position during my time on Boards as evidence of trying to argue the argument for positive action where possible to help any community which is prejudiced against.

Which is fair, but another way of looking at it, would be to not assume that just because someone has neglected to spout their opinions on Boards.ie, that their "lack" of vocal opinion on a website qualifies as having no opinion in real life.

There are plenty of things I disagree with that I haven't vocalised on here.

The fact you have a dossier doesn't give you legitimacy

Which is fair, but another way of looking at it, would be to not assume that just because someone has neglected to spout their opinions on Boards.ie, that their "lack" of vocal opinion on a website qualifies as having no opinion in real life.

What else have we to go on here other than the picture we paint of other posters based on what we know of them through their position and manner in posting across x number of threads over a period?

Interesting you refer me expressing my views as spouting opinions.

• Advertisement

What else have we to go on here other than the picture we paint of other posters based on what we know of them through their position and manner in posting across x number of threads over a period?

Interesting you refer me expressing my views as spouting opinions.

It's not that interesting.

If the word spouting offended you then I'm sorry you were offended.

Again, I don't judge most people on here (there are a couple that rankle me, but I've learned to let it go)

I try not to follow people over threads but again, this is you basing someone's opinion over a matter of time, implying that he did not care until a certain point.

It's an unfair and unprovable accusation based on guilt by omission.

Advertisement