Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's not that interesting.

If the word spouting offended you then I'm sorry you were offended.

Again, I don't judge most people on here (there are a couple that rankle me, but I've learned to let it go)

I try not to follow people over threads but again, this is you basing someone's opinion over a matter of time, implying that he did not care until a certain point.

It's an unfair and unprovable accusation based on guilt by omission.

It's an evidence based opinion. I'm entitled to have one.

It's an evidence based opinion. I'm entitled to have one.

Technically it's a lack of evidence opinion. But yeah, you are entitled to it. Just holds little weight.

Technically it's a lack of evidence opinion. But yeah, you are entitled to it. Just holds little weight.

In your opinion.............

In your opinion.............

Nope. You have no basis apart from your lack of evidence. That's your whole argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It's nothing to do with the violence, it's the posters sudden concern for people only in order to detract from the calls to sort out inappropriate behaviour from police.

Not really concern , you keep waffling on like its police killing an shooting every black person in the states while I show you black people are well able to do it to each other including many kids who've been killed in the crossfire. And yet people like you want to defund the police. Blame whitey for everything . You live in another reality . Since career criminal George Floyd was killed by the cops , how many blacks have been shot by other blacks , probably thousands

• Advertisement

Not really concern , you keep waffling on like its police killing an shooting every black person in the states while I show you black people are well able to do it to each other including many kids who've been killed in the crossfire. And yet people like you want to defund the police. Blame whitey for everything . You live in another reality . Since career criminal George Floyd was killed by the cops , how many blacks have been shot by other blacks , probably thousands

No, I'll explain once more.

The police, are specifically in place to protect the members of society. They are paid for with money collected from the same members of society.
    If they are treating one sector of society in a prejudiced manner, then that is a massive deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The police, are specifically in place to protect the members of society. They are paid for with money collected from the same members of society.
    If they are treating one sector of society in a prejudiced manner, then that is a massive deal.

Can black people join the police ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

More Faux outrage over something you didn't care about until people started highlightinb abuse by police.

Same old same old.

It must suck when BLM reveals there true side with **** like this and defenders such as yourself are presented with the reality of the movement and it loses Abit of its saintly holier than thou shine !

Keep trying to keep up the front that these poor harmless innocent folk are just fighting the good fight, the mask is unfortunately slipping tho.

Cupatae wrote: »
    It must suck when BLM reveals there true side with **** like this and defenders such as yourself are presented with the reality of the movement and it loses Abit of its saintly holier than thou shine !

Keep trying to keep up the front that these poor harmless innocent folk are just fighting the good fight, the mask is unfortunately slipping tho.

Still desperately trying to deflect from the misbehaviour's of a publicly funded body specifically put in place to protect people I see.

Can black people join the police ?

Do you need me to answer that?

• Advertisement

What if that same sector of society are factually involved in a significant portion of all voilent crime even though they make up the minority, if the police confront these people more cautiously than others is it good common sense on the polices part based on the facts at hand or is it racist ?

Still desperately trying to deflect from the misbehaviour's of a publicly funded body specifically put in place to protect people I see.

The irony of you deflecting then :D says it all really !

They are protecting the people from a group of people that commit significantly higher amounts of voilent crime, which results on them coming into armed conflict or confrontation more often than other races

The irony of you deflecting then :D says it all really !

They are protecting the people from a group of people that commit significantly higher amounts of voilent crime, which results on them coming into armed conflict or confrontation more often than other races

Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd literally just rolled over in their graves.

Fair play for laying your own prejudice out so obviously. If anyone asks how could police possibly be prejudiced, I'm going to refer them to your post.

That is why there is a problem. That is why people are marching. That is why there will be change. Only question is the timeframe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

That is why there is a problem. That is why people are marching. That is why there will be change. Only question is the timeframe.

What change are you hoping for, one less isolated incident out of 375 million police interactions with the public each year? Never going to happen - it's impossible at a statistical level because the police are so broad and wide reaching across society as a whole.

Like I've said 100 times before, the marching and tarnishing aimed at Police is unjust - Politicians take the brunt of the blame but there must be accountability from the black community also. Unarmed white people get killed too you know.

What change are you hoping for, one less isolated incident out of 375 million police interactions with the public each year? Never going to happen - it's impossible at a statistical level because the police are so broad and wide reaching across society as a whole.

Like I've said 100 times before, the marching and tarnishing aimed at Police is unjust - Politicians take the brunt of the blame but there must be accountability from the black community also.

Or, possibly that these interactions are no longer influenced by the skin colour of those being approached by the police.

Why wouldn't anyone want to get to such a place?

Or, possibly that these interactions are no longer influenced by the skin colour of those being approached by the police.

Why wouldn't anyone want to get to such a place?

How can you say that when the stats don't back it up though? Blacks are disproportionately committing violent crime, and there's no evidence that white cops are more likely to shoot blacks civilians.

Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd literally just rolled over in their graves.

Fair play for laying your own prejudice out so obviously. If anyone asks how could police possibly be prejudiced, I'm going to refer them to your post.

My heart bleeds for gf , an addict , a ruthless and brutal criminal that would willingly plan with his friends to break into a pregnant womans home, point the gun at her stomach and proceed to rob her.

Fair play for openly admitting to the type scum you idolize as hero's

Since when is stating the factual truth considered prejudice?

Oh that's right BLM and there followers never really did like sticking to the facts and the truth only when it suited there own cause.

The mask is slipping and in time this movement will be shown up for what it is.

We already know what the problem is and what needs to be changed , black people making up the minority and being responsible for committing well over half of all voilent crime in the us these people make up 13% of the pop 13!!

My heart bleeds for gf , an addict , a ruthless and brutal criminal that would willingly plan with his friends to break into a pregnant womans home, point the gun at her stomach and proceed to rob her.

Fair play for openly admitting to the scum you idolize as hero's

Since when is staying the factual truth considered prejudice?

Oh that's right BLM and there followers never really did like sticking to the facts and the truth only when it suited there own cause.

The mask is slipping and in time this movement will be shown up for what it is.

We already know what the problem is and what needs to be changed , black people making up the minority and being responsible for committing well over half of all voilent crime in the us these people make up 13% of the pop 13!!

Breonna Taylor shot dead while in bed as police execute a no knock warrant.
    Tamir Rice, a 12 year old, killed for playing with a replica gun.
    George Floyd, irrespective of his history, had his neck knelt on for over 7 minutes until he died while not posing a threat to the 4 officers who were there.
    Eric Garner, held in a choke hold until he died during an arrest for selling counterfeit cigarettes.

And you don't see a need to change the actions which lead to these and other events.

That's on you, I'm glad you have posted as you have done, it makes it easier for people to see the prejudice that exists in some.

How can you say that when the stats don't back it up though? Blacks are disproportionately committing violent crime, and there's no evidence that white cops are more likely to shoot blacks civilians.

That is no excuse for behaviour which has heretofore resulted in the deaths of people in what should have remained non-violent interactions with police?

Or are you advocating for the summary judgment and punishment of suspects to be permissible by police?

George Floyd, irrespective of his history, had his neck knelt on for over 7 minutes until he died while not posing a threat to the 4 officers who were there.
    Eric Garner, held in a choke hold until he died during an arrest for selling counterfeit cigarettes.

And you don't see a need to change the actions which lead to these and other events.

That's on you, I'm glad you have posted as you have done, it makes it easier for people to see the prejudice that exists in some.

Are the following facts:

1) Black people make up roughly 13% of the US pop, but are accountable for well over half of all voilent crime

2) GF was a ruthless criminal that targetted vulnerable people

3) Millions of interactions between US police and people of colour go off without a hitch and only a statistical small portion of them end badly.

Yes or no will do for each.

Also feel free to explain how telling the truth and stating facts makes one prejudice.

You are exposing yourself on here and BLM tactics to boot.

• Advertisement

There is a change needed black people need to be less violent and have less interactions with police, BLM would be better suited going after the rap culture that glorify's and promotes violence and criminal activity within there community..

They commit well over half of all voilent crime in the US and come into contact with the police frequently aswell.

They need to change this behaviour.

Why isn't BLM going after this ? Instead they target the police .

What takes more lives gang culture promoted by rap or police encounters?

That is no excuse for behaviour which has heretofore resulted in the deaths of people in what should have remained non-violent interactions with police?

Or are you advocating for the summary judgment and punishment of suspects to be permissible by police?

Of course, but you cannot have a perfect system because of human error and the pressure on the cops when their lives are at risk on a daily basis, a pressure on a somewhat lower scale to what soldiers face in war. You can try to minimize the possibly of such incidents happening with increased training and forcing cops to carry cameras etc - but these incidents will continue to happen due to the circumstances they find themselves in.

Here's an example of what pressure can do.

Of course, but you cannot have a perfect system because of human error and the pressure on the cops when their lives are at risk on a daily basis, a pressure on a somewhat lower scale to what soldiers face in war. You can try to minimize the possibly of such incidents happening with increased training and forcing cops to carry cameras etc - but these incidents will continue to happen due to the circumstances they find themselves in.

And most logical people will understand that, it's just these snowflakes that seem to think that we can live in a perfect world where no mistakes are ever made and everyone lives happily ever after , most of the incidents that the above poster has listed can be clearly seen as mistakes or accidents done out of split sec decisions or life or death scenarios.

It's easy after the fact and completely removed from the situation these police officers face to turn around and say oh but why didn't you do x y and Z

I take it you guys are broadly in support of increased gun control laws so.

If you are in a place where a society supposedly as advanced as the US with as much resources as it has is developing in the direction which compares police duties with that of soldiers in active duty on a battlefield then you have to acknowledge that something is wrong and there needs to be change.

More of the same has already been tried.

If you are in a place where a society supposedly as advanced as the US with as much resources as it has is developing in the direction which compares police duties with that of soldiers in active duty on a battlefield then you have to acknowledge that something is wrong and there needs to be change.

Do you think it will change much? Chicago has the most strict gun laws in America.

Brazil is a good example ( From Wikipedia )

In 2005, a majority of Brazil's population voted against banning the sale of guns and ammunition to civilians in a referendum. Executive Order No. 5.123, of 1 July 2004 allowed the Federal Police to confiscate firearms which are not possessed for a valid reason; self-defense was not considered a valid argument.

These measures saw mixed results. Initially, the crime rate dropped, but subsequently rose in later years. 2012 marked the highest rate of gun deaths in 35 years for Brazil, eight years after a ban on carrying handguns in public went into effect, and 2016 saw the worst ever death toll from homicide in Brazil, with 61,619 dead.The death toll rose again in 2017 to 63,880, a 3.7% rise from 2016.

https://youtu.be/mssNOhv1UMc

Here's the other side of what police face in case you think there edgy responses are Abit "over the top."

So you can see why they take no chances , because if you do give someone the chance it can be over in a split second.

But sure defund these guys!

https://youtu.be/0x3VMj0B7EA

Another video here of a black marine telling the truth on BLM and how septic and toxic a movement and the people behind it are.. here's the reality of what the movement you support is causing

You need to differentiate between racism and people seeing "BLM" for the scummy toxic movement that it is ! That will do more damage than good to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

So the statement " You may have heard the phrase "white privilege" and been antagonised by it. Don't be. " is just an innocent term?

"understand that black people want a level playing field, an equal chance. That is all. Not more than you, just the same opportunities as you."

To be honest, of all the black people i know none are paid less than me.

SO where is the White Privilege here?

These terms are being thrown around by the media and are being used to antagonise people of different colours against each other, otherwise we would not need the likes of SkyNews, and the BBC.

You know no black people. Do I win a prize?

https://youtu.be/0x3VMj0B7EA

Another video here of a black marine telling the truth on BLM and how septic and toxic a movement and the people behind it are.. here's the reality of what the movement you support is causing

You need to differentiate between racism and people seeing "BLM" for the scummy toxic movement that it is ! That will do more damage than good to all involved.

Do you really think that any of the videos which you are posting have not already been in the public domain. Or that there aren't corresponding videos showing police brutality.

Society has seen everything which has gone on and all sides and there is a groundswell of support for the BLM cause. That is indisputable.

I posted this previously in a response to you and you ignored it.
    Also, going back to the outrage at the lack of BLM commentary on black violence. Nobody is disputing black violence exists, or that it should be allowed to continue, but that an organisation funded by public money with the specific responsibility for keeping people safe should not be mistreating a sector of society in a significantly differ manner which results in many of them being persecuted or murdered. How is that complicacted?

Every day around Ireland, some people fly-tip. And most of society hate it and disagree it should happen. But there isn't mass uproar, or it isn't on the news every single night. Now imagine if videos emerged of county council trucks fly tipping? Can you see how that would make the news? Can you see how that would lead to calls for resignations, investigations and prosecutions?
    Now, if you can push your brain just a little further and imagine if those videos emerged of county council trucks fly-tipping but there was either no investigation initiated or there was a behind closed doors investigation and it was found that actually, the people doing the tipping hadn't misbehaved and wouldn't be disciplined. Or maybe, they would be sent on an environmental training program.

So, if you are still here, same events, but we could expect a much different response if the body doing the illegal behaviour is an official state/governmental body.

Does that explain to you why BLM are focused on police brutality as opposed to all violence?

• Advertisement

Do you really think that any of the videos which you are posting have not already been in the public domain. Or that there aren't corresponding videos showing police brutality.

Society has seen everything which has gone on and all sides and there is a groundswell of support for the BLM cause. That is indisputable.

I posted this previously in a response to you and you ignored it.

There's a groundswell of support for BLM because people are morons, if a groundswell of support is your gauge for right or wrong then we're in trouble!

I guess you must think Trump is an absolute phenomenal president and is doing everything right because wait for it!!

He had a groundswell of support

The fact is BLM instigates racism is causing alot of hate crimes and murders , there's alot of blood on the hands of BLM the media and the people that support it, you can dismiss those videos as you like, it doesn change the truth .

I posted the following earlier you failed to respond.

"Are the following facts:

1) Black people make up roughly 13% of the US pop, but are accountable for well over half of all voilent crime

2) GF was a ruthless criminal that targetted vulnerable people

3) Millions of interactions between US police and people of colour go off without a hitch and only a statistical small portion of them end badly.

Yes or no will do for each.

Also feel free to explain how telling the truth and stating facts makes one prejudice.

You are exposing yourself on here and BLM tactics to boot."

Advertisement