Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,413 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    If you knew he had a warrant out for his arrest, why did you ask me to provide evidence for it?

Bizarre.

I knew he had a warrant out for his arrest, not what for.

You brought up the accusation that he raped someone as though it had relevance to his attempted murder. Does it bear relevance? Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Overheal wrote: »
    My responses will always reflect the most reliable facts on hand. Why wouldn't they? :confused:

why are you claiming it was a racially motivated killing when you clearly have very few facts then ?

long as its cops and a black person it must be racist right ?

you clearly care a lot more about colour of the criminal than the fact of a incident

mynamejeff wrote: »
    why are you claiming it was a racially motivated killing when you clearly have very few facts then ?

Cite the Post or Post # where I said this was a racially motivated killing.

Nevermind that he's still alive :rolleyes:

Blow it out your virtue-hole tbph.

Yeah, rioting is bad, but have you seen how cops feel enabled to shoot a black man 7 times in the back?

here you go , you got carded for it , surprised you don't remember

here you go , you got carded for it , surprised you don't remember

That's not me saying it was racially motivated. It is simply a fact the man was black.

• Advertisement

That's not me saying it was racially motivated. It is simply a fact the man was black.

Hahahahaha.....

He had two legs too. Why not mention that? Why was his race important to mention in that instance if not for any other reason except frame it as a racial incident.

We all know what you were doing, you know what you were doing. Stop digging.

Hahahahaha.....

He had two legs too. Why not mention that? Why was his race important to mention in that instance if not for any other reason except frame it as a racial incident.

This isn't the All Legs/No Legs Matter thread.

Again, therein lies the problem: yours and theirs sense of absolute entitlement to murder.

Despicable. Disgusting. Vile.

I'm sure you would feel differently if they were protecting you from him.

They have a right to protect themselves. The man had ample chances to prevent this happening.

But again, anyone saying blue lives matter is a nut job according to some on here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Hahahahaha.....

They must think there geniuses and everyone else is slow :D the mental gymnastics are outstanding by the BLM defenders,

They are completely oblivious to all the racially charged hate speeches the racially motivated attacks on white people, the attacks on cops because of BLM... And the best they can do is have faux outrage about a man that gets shot resisting arrest and reaching into his car lol

But anything happens to a black person or someone in the BLM crew it's a travesty but when there wielding the stick it's all fair game and ignored :D

This isn't the All Legs/No Legs Matter thread.

So it was racial then? Make up your mind.

• Advertisement

Show me any evidence that proves this scurrilous accusation that I am defending him "because he is black"

You are again calling him a child rapist even though you sheepishly had to retract saying so just yesterday. So now you're a bald faced liar. You have no evidence he raped a child, no evidence he raped anybody in fact, aside from a warrant which will result in a court case that will determine that fact or not.

Justice is meant to be blind.

can you post that where I retracted something I said ?

very few innocent black men seem to get killed by the police it seems

So it was racial then? Make up your mind.

Some laugh :D:D

I'm sure you would feel differently if they were protecting you from him.

They have a right to protect themselves. The man had ample chances to prevent this happening.

But again, anyone saying blue lives matter is a nut job according to some on here.

There are no blue lives. Blue is a uniform you put on for work and take off when you go home.

Cops don't have a right to attempt murder. They had multiple chances to subdue him nonlethally.

May have been confusing you with me. I heard he was a child abuser from a couple of sources which I couldn't properly verify. I happily retracted my statement and admitted I couldn't give definitive proof which would satiate overheals thirst for knowledge.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Anyone being killed by police is a tragedy of justice.

Actually it was the Dunne, who called him a child rapist. The Dunne since was forced to retract that statement over a lack of credible evidence supporting the allegation. Unless you have any to share, none has been provided to this thread, barring a tweet showing a photo of a warrant for 3rd degree sexual assault, which neither confirms guilt nor the age or sex of the alleged victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I imagine it will get quite dicey there if the rioters start arming themselves. TBH as bad as BLM are looking with the destruction of property they are gaining political capital by everyone discussing/ posting on social media on the question of whether policing is racially biased.

There are no blue lives. Blue is a uniform you put on for work and take off when you go home.

Cops don't have a right to attempt murder. They had multiple chances to subdue him nonlethally.

Yeah, it is a uniform. But it is no ordinary job. You may not think so, but I do think that for a lot of policemen and women, it is their life.

Cops actually do have a right to use lethal force. They did have chances to use non lethal force and each time they attempted it, he forcefully evaded them and ignored their repeated requests and demands to not reach into the car.

He didnt comply. There was plenty of reason to believe he was a threat to the lives of the officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They were killed in accordance with the law, the law being self defence.

Self defense now is packing up your car with an assault weapon, crossing state lines, breaking curfew, and shooting a guy in the head?

What evidence do you have that the first guy he killed was self defense?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Oooooh.. hang on. This thread is about BLM which is opposition to racial discrimination by the police (,is it not??)

You already admitted you have no idea if racism could be considered a factor for the only the police were involved in, which sparked the fatal riots.

Make up your mind chief. Are these shootings a BLM matter or not?

And people bringing up abuse that others receive at the hands of black lives matter is casually waved off and dismissed by you because it is somehow irrelevant how black lives matter carry themselves.

Sure thing.

There is a huge difference between 4 men being shot and a group of idiots shouting at people.

I imagine it will get quite dicey there if the rioters start arming themselves. TBH as bad as BLM are looking with the destruction of property they are gaining political capital by everyone discussing/ posting on social media on the question of whether policing is racially biased.

Which it definitely is, and alarmingly doesn't require the system of policing to be run by racists to be racist, nor police to be racially motivated in their interactions; the system has already been designed from the ground up to be racist.

Republican National Convention speaker condones the police racially profiling her biracial son, versus her white sons:

https://www.businessinsider.com/rnc-speaker-condones-police-racially-profiling-her-biracial-son-2020-8
    Abby Johnson, an anti-abortion-rights activist with a top speaking spot on the second night of the Republican National Convention, in a video posted on YouTube in late June condoned the police racially profiling her biracial son.

"Statistically, my brown son is more likely to commit a violent offense over my white sons," Johnson said in the video, reported by Vice News.

"I recognize that I'm going to have to have a different conversation with Jude than I do with my brown-haired little Irish, very, very pale-skinned white sons as they grow up," Johnson said.

She described her son Jude as "an adorable, perpetually tan-looking little brown boy."

"But one day, he's going to grow up, and he's going to be a tall, probably sort of large, intimidating-looking-maybe brown man," she said. "And my other boys are probably going to look like nerdy white guys."

In the video, Johnson appeared to defend the disproportionate rate at which Black men are arrested and incarcerated, ignoring the centuries of racist policymaking that led the US to this point.

"Statistically, I look at our prison population, and I see that there is a disproportionately high number of African American males in our prison population for crimes, particularly for violent crimes," she said. "So statistically, when a police officer sees a brown man like my Jude walking down the road — as opposed to my white nerdy kids, my white nerdy men walking down the road — because of the statistics that he knows in his head, that these police officers know in their head, they're going to know that statistically my brown son is more likely to commit a violent offense over my white sons."

Johnson went on to say that it "doesn't actually make me angry" that a police officer "would be more careful around my brown son than my white son." She said that would make the officer "smart" because of "statistics."

At another point, Johnson said she would be angry if a police officer treated her "brown son violently, more violently than my white son."

Johnson's video first went up in June amid nationwide protests over police brutality. The conservative website Daily Caller initially reported on it, and it has since been made private, per Vice News.

Johnson told Insider she had no regrets about sharing the video or the sentiments expressed in it.

"I only made it private because of violent threats that were being made against my family," Johnson said. "You know, from the 'tolerant left.'"

Statistically, the police are far more likely to treat Johnson's biracial son violently than her white son.

As Insider reported earlier this summer during the protests following the brutal death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police, in the US, where Black people are disproportionately incarcerated and killed by the police, researchers have found widespread evidence of systemic racism in policing.

Data on policing in Chicago indicated that even though white people were more likely to resist arrest, the police used more force against Black citizens than any other race, on average.

A Northeastern-Harvard study released in April, for example, found that Black Americans were at greater risk of being killed by the police even though they were less likely to pose an objective threat to law enforcement. Researchers looked through shooting deaths by police across 27 states in 2014 and 2015, based on details from police and medical-examiner reports from the National Violent Death Reporting System.

"One in 15 firearm deaths is at the hands of police; among African-Americans it's about one in 10," Matt Miller, a Northeastern professor, said in a report on the study. "Which isn't to say that these shootings are all unjustified. But it sure makes you feel like we should try really hard to figure out how to use less lethal ways of arresting someone's threatening behavior."

Though Black people make up roughly 13% of the US population, data analyzed by The Washington Post indicates that they are killed by the police at more than twice the rate of white Americans. Black people are also incarcerated at much higher rates than white people, making up roughly 33% of the adult US prison population as of 2017, per the Pew Research Center; white people, who make up 64% of the overall population, made up 30% of the prison population.

Opponents of the Black Lives Matter movement, including white supremacist groups, often cherry-pick statistics on crime and homicide to misleadingly present Black people as inherently criminal and violent against white people. The sentiments Johnson shared in the YouTube video echoed these racist tropes in defense of racial profiling, including in the hypothetical scenario involving her biracial son.

The reality is that the vast majority of violent crime is intraracial, not interracial. And the vast majority of Black people do not commit violent crimes.

But it's not just white supremacist groups perpetuating these racist myths about Black people.

Studies have found that local news disproportionately characterizes Black people as perpetrators of crime while portraying white people as victims. But Black people are far more likely than other races to be the victims of violent crime in the US, which remains fairly violent compared with other developed countries.

"Research has found that many young black men — the group most likely to be perpetrators and victims of gun homicides — suffer from a condition similar to PTSD, brought on by repeated exposure to violence, extreme poverty, high unemployment, drug and alcohol abuse and other social ills that create a sense of hopelessness," Shirley Carswell, a lecturer at Howard University, wrote in The Post last month.

"When white men respond to their life circumstances with gun violence, it's treated as a public health problem, brought on by mental illness and stress," Carswell said. "When black men do, it's portrayed almost solely as a criminal issue, caused by lawlessness and moral failing."

• Advertisement

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Anyone being killed by police is a tragedy of justice.

Actually it was the Dunne, who called him a child rapist. The Dunne since was forced to retract that statement over a lack of credible evidence supporting the allegation. Unless you have any to share, none has been provided to this thread, barring a tweet showing a photo of a warrant for 3rd degree sexual assault, which neither confirms guilt nor the age or sex of the alleged victim.

Woah tiger. I wasn't forced into anything. I cheerily did so when I realised that my evidence wouldn't be able to withstand your Perry mason interrogation skills so I happily retracted so we could focus on the actual **** this prick did, which as I said, is plenty justification for what happened to him.

Please don't frame my retraction as some sort of humbling event where I cowered and admitted myself to be a liar.

I'm confident that the truth will out in the coming few days and if I was wrong I will admit it. For now though, I'm more than happy to discuss what we do know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Looked to me like it was ' suicide by cop '.

Yeah, it is a uniform. But it is no ordinary job. You may not think so, but I do think that for a lot of policemen and women, it is their life.

Their delusions on their free time do not make them blue lives. Get off that fantasy horse.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    There is a huge difference between 4 men being shot and a group of idiots shouting at people.

Where did I say they were similar?

This thread is about BLM. The people shout were BLM supporters so it's relevant to the thread

Their delusions on their free time do not make them blue lives. Get off that fantasy horse.

Haha. It's just another job I suppose.

"Get off that fantasy horse". Ok.

statesaver wrote: »
    Looked to me like it was ' suicide by cop '.

Genuinely looks that way.

Where did I say they were similar?

This thread is about BLM. The people shout were BLM supporters so it's relevant to the thread

And people OTT have called them "absolute scum" etc - the same things said of actual rapists and killers. There's seemingly no bar for these insults other than 'person with an agenda I don't like? Absolute scum!'

Genuinely looks that way.

Then you've never seen suicide by cop before.

He's still alive though so maybe you should ask him if he's suicidal. I have no report he is on suicide watch. Do you?

Going by your logic cops have no right to defend themselves at all, or take preventative measures to stop there lives being taken in highstake scenarios... This isn't a game there are no respawns, so what you deem unnecessary force sitting at home on the couch virtue signalling might be completely needed to insure the officers don't get injured or killed.

When you ve morons like that black lad that ignored orders and reached into his car and got shot for it, that is completely justified killing and use of force.

Who's fault is it that he got shot ? His own 100% he made the decision to not comply he made the decision to force the police officers to take action in a split second.

The black man in this scenario was wrong and caused his own death.

• Advertisement

It’s a felony and rape of a minor.

He also has previous for resisting arrest and for having an illegal gun.

Anyway, now that he’s supposedly paralysed from the waist down, he won’t be raping anyone again. At least that’s something.
    Bringing up something after the fact to justify paralysing a man doesn't suddenly legitimise undue force...

Advertisement