Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Meanwhile the teen who shot a protester last night has been charged with first degree murder and is on the run. And for the record if he got shot in the back seven times and ended up paralysed,I would not be celebrating as some posters here are.

Well the cops would have saved some work if they did their job and actually stopped the guy that was running away from the crime scene with an assault rifle while bystanders shouted 'he shot someone'.

https://twitter.com/MalaikaJabali/status/1298621875170533376?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

mynamejeff wrote: »
    https://www.popularfront.co/

this guys website ,

an "activist " with a camera in the uk

if people were looting my neighbourhood I would do what I could to protect my livelihood and home not wait to become another victim of BLM

your journalist appears to have some substance abuse issues also , nice

https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1298378037776588806/photo/1

Are official court documents a good enough source for you?? ;)

Proves everything I said earlier. He wasn't from Kenosha, just decided to pack up his car with his assault rifles, cross state lines, break curfew, so he could act like a hard man. Another life ruined.

https://twitter.com/AndyBCampbell/status/1298667784226983936?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Some form of violence, not 7 bullets in the back.

He was ignoring the cops even though they had their guns out. He knew the level of violence he was facing and chose to rock on with whatever he was about to do.
    I don't see how you can claim we only know what is in the video and then also presume that the cops took all those steps.

I can only go on reports. Kind of like you. Just going on what was reported. You seem convinced that's not what happened.
    The man didn't have a weapon on him and there is no evidence he was acting violently yet all 3 cops had their guns, not tasers out. If it turns out that all three tased him and used up all their pepper spray on him and he didnt go down then I understand them all having their guns drawn but that seems very unlikely.

The cops aren't psychics. They couldn't have been 100% sure he didn't have a weapon.
    Potentially but not enough to warrant putting 7 bullets in his back and risk the lives of 3 kids in the car.

So, he was potentially a risk to the cops. Delighted to hear that. 3 kids in the car doesn't change the levels of risk that the cops were facing.
    No but that is part of their job. If your response to being uncomfortable is shooting an unarmed man 7 times in the back then you need a new profession.

I should have used the word threatened instead of uncomfortable. If you were a cop there, would you have felt threatened?
    That is why most are extremely well paid for their educational/training achievements.

A cop is not an extremely well-paying job. Average patrol cop's wage in Kenosha is around €55k. Not a whole lot for putting your life on the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Overheal wrote: »
    This isn't the Antifa thread. Neither Antifa or BLM are an organization. It's like you saying capitalists are thugs. People who like vanilla ice cream are thugs. It's meaningless.

:confused:

You serious ? You're naivety is worrying to me. Seems like you are easily led.

Look pretty organised destroying US democratic cities.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

You can't shoot someone for fleeing.

It is looking more and more like you have no idea how US laws work

Erm. I don't know about Wisconsin, but it seems to me you need to read up the Texas Penal Code where such things are explicitly permitted if there are no practical alternatives to prevent escape. See, for example, Title 2, Chapter 9, Sections 9.42, 9.51 or 9.52.

As for the warrant, it isn't really relevant to the officers if they knew or not. It might be more relevant if the victim knew, but I suspect the police have to honor a threat regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Well the cops would have saved some work if they did their job and actually stopped the guy that was running away from the crime scene with an assault rifle while bystanders shouted 'he shot someone'.

I'm pretty sure they would have thrown him a bottle of water if they had one handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,681 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Erm. I don't know about Wisconsin, but it seems to me you need to read up the Texas Penal Code where such things are explicitly permitted if there are no practical alternatives to prevent escape. See, for example, Title 2, Chapter 9, Sections 9.42 or 9.52.

A - An area where change is needed perhaps.

B - If you must shoot, what about shooting in the leg? I understand the argument about aiming for a large mass area, but they were literally feet away from him and at the moment the shots were fired, they could have just as easily been aimed at the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Given that a fair few of ye viewed the George Floyd killing as justified, I'm inclined to not trust your legal judgement.

You have to have literally two brain cells if you think he didn't deserve to be shot. He told the cops he had a gun in the car, cops realise who he is and having numerous negative interactions/charges against him in the past, try to control him and taze him and the taser didn't work, guy gets up and starts trying to go to his driver side door and rummage around under the seat where he just told cops he had a gun. The same guy that has been arrested for pulling a gun on people at a bar and attacking cops later in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    You have to have literally two brain cells if you think he didn't deserve to be shot. He told the cops he had a gun in the car, cops realise who he is and having numerous negative interactions/charges against him in the past, try to control him and taze him and the taser didn't work, guy gets up and starts trying to go to his driver side door and rummage around under the seat where he just told cops he had a gun. The same guy that has been arrested for pulling a gun on people at a bar and attacking cops later in the night.

I think you have to be mildly psychopathic or at least seriously lacking in empathy to think that he did deserve to be shot 7 times in the back at point blank range in front of his children.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,413 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BattleCorp wrote: »
    A cop is not an extremely well-paying job. Average patrol cop's wage in Kenosha is around €55k. Not a whole lot for putting your life on the line.

You're not really capturing the benefits, the pension, the company car, perks, or the qualified immunity, and the clan of good ol boys ready to get you out of any spot of trouble with beating up a minority or driving home drunk though. These are very well paid jobs for something that doesn't require college education.

• Advertisement

statesaver wrote: »
    :confused:

You serious ? You're naivety is worrying to me. Seems like you are easily led.

Look pretty organised destroying US democratic cities.

It's not, though. Meanwhile the Proud Boys for example are a bonafide organization with membership, leadership structure, a uniform/dress code even, and local chapters. Can we say the same of BLM? What's the address of my local BLM chapter in South Carolina

You're not really capturing the benefits, the pension, the company car, perks, or the qualified immunity, and the clan of good ol boys ready to get you out of any spot of trouble with beating up a minority or driving home drunk though. These are very well paid jobs for something that doesn't require college education.

I think the nicest thing I can say about you is that you are not worth debating with so for that reason, I'm out.

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    He told the cops he had a gun in the car

What's your source for this? The Attorney for Jacob Blake is asserting there was no weapon in the car. It would be detrimental to his case if the attorney would lie about that. There are other reports that the reason he was going back to the car was to check on his children, so it remains unclear what happened there, but yours is the first I'd be hearing that he told cops he was going to retrieve a gun.

I think the nicest thing I can say about you is that you are not worth debating with so for that reason, I'm out.

Spoken like someone who has ran out of cogent rebuttals. Bless your heart and good day to you.

Spoken like someone who has ran out of cogent rebuttals. Bless your heart and good day to you.

Nope. Spoken like someone who is tired of your facetious bullsh1t.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

If the guy was white, asian they still would of have shoot him.

This had nothing to do with race and all to do with not following police instructions. But make it about race lads.

You have no respect for the police. We get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Eh, the law you linked is law from Rhode Island not Wisconsin. :rolleyes:

I can't see anywhere in Wisconsin law that says 3rd degree is related to age.

The man without the gun should be worrying about de-escalation of the situation not making it worse try and be some bit logical

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

This isn't the Antifa thread. Neither Antifa or BLM are an organization. It's like you saying capitalists are thugs. People who like vanilla ice cream are thugs. It's meaningless.

On the other hand, Black Lives Matter on the 'About' page of it's own website, describes itself as an organisation.
    Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada...

https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

At least argue honestly.

It's actually scary what the media can do... Some of these BLM defenders are completely devoid of all logic , and can now only see black people as victims regardless of what they do to provoke there own deaths or what situations they put themselves into..

The power of the media is scary and how many drone like people that are out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Cupatae wrote: »
    It's actually scary what the media can do... Some of these BLM defenders are completely devoid of all logic , and can now only see black people as victims regardless of what they do to provoke there own deaths or what situations they put themselves into..

The power of the media is scary and how many drone like people that are out there!

That power is waning rapidly thankfully, this will be more evident in November....whipping people into a state of fear using disinformation and flawed narratives is not sustainable and they have been doing it for years...

The real story is how support for Political Left in the Anglosphere is collapsing in particular the UK and the US, in the UK two Political Parties were been decimated last December, the Democratic Party, in my opinion, is headed for the same fate.

Nope. Spoken like someone who is tired of your facetious bullsh1t.

Facetious? Where the **** have I been facetious? Do you know what the word means?

If you're saying "nope" because you do actually have a cogent rebuttal: by all means, provide it. Otherwise, whine on.

statesaver wrote: »
    If the guy was white, asian they still would of have shoot him.

This had nothing to do with race and all to do with not following police instructions. But make it about race lads.

Then let's pretend he was: why did cops give him that much latitude, to walk away from them and go all the way to his car? Were they utterly incapable, inept even, to stop him? A perp with their back turned? Jesus lads, sweep the legs and use any of the dozens of takedown maneuvers they teach you in police academy.

Then let's pretend he was: why did cops give him that much latitude, to walk away from them and go all the way to his car? Were they utterly incapable, inept even, to stop him? A perp with their back turned? Jesus lads, sweep the legs and use any of the dozens of takedown maneuvers they teach you in police academy.

Ok so in your opinion why did they shoot that man what do you think was the reasoning ?

Who caused the situation?

You have no respect for the police. We get it.

Categorically false, in fact. I regularly meet and talk with my police, I've sat down for chats with the chief of police over there at the University, I interact regularly with city police via social media, I report things to police that need to be reported, in person, online or over the phone. You have no idea, clearly, what my level of respect is for the police.

Categorically false, in fact. I regularly meet and talk with my police, I've sat down for chats with the chief of police over there at the University, I interact regularly with city police via social media, I report things to police that need to be reported, in person, online or over the phone. You have no idea, clearly, what my level of respect is for the police.

Well you certainly don't have much understanding for the situations they face anyway that much is painfully clear.

What you said there is basically the police version of "I'm not racist I've a black friend"

On the other hand, Black Lives Matter on the 'About' page of it's own website, describes itself as an organisation.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

At least argue honestly.

That's a Foundation that is using the term. Black Lives Matter is a movement.

Being a Foundation doesn't make the people protesting - millions upon millions - footsoldiers of this foundation. At least argue honestly indeed.

It's rather telling that those who are outraged by BLM are actively ignoring the teen with first degree murder charges.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Well you certainly don't have much understanding for the situations they face anyway that much is painfully clear.

What you said there is basically the police version of "I'm not racist I've a black friend"

Quite a bit more than "the black friend" I'm afraid. Again, you have no idea what my relationship with the police is, or what my knowledgebase is of the job. You're seemingly upset that I can look at this objectively: that cops are as likely to be struck by lightning as to be shot on the job. But if we don't look at it objectively we will get nowhere.

• Advertisement

It's rather telling that those who are outraged by BLM are actively ignoring the teen with first degree murder chargers.

It's against their narrative. They want to crow about dead people in Kenosha, they just don't want to acknowledge who did the killing.

Advertisement