Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Overheal wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1298697722304888833?s=20

He certainly could be. As with all cases its handled on an individual basis. That said there's more evidence to support that blacks are stereotyped to other blacks; it wouldn't be unlikely for a black cop to treat a black suspect with more suspicion than a white suspect, because of cultural biases.

There you go being categorically racist again. Dear me.

You have nothing but badly spelled racist conjecture here.

So you can't speak about racism without being racist according to you lmao, sure sign you're losing when you have to point out spelling

The truth doesn't see color I'm afraid ! Nice try tho , you just gave the perfect example.

Or another race that gets to avail of affirmative action in schools, colleges, workplaces?

And black communities frequently face far less funding for schools and education. So not exactly lucrative educational opportunities.
    Trump has ordered the National Guard into the city to help protect the ordinary law abiding citizens and the property and businesses that employ locals in an attempt to save lives and millions of dollars in damage...the fascist!!!

And it only serves the purpose of fanning flames...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,423 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ok, I'll put it to you another way, who benefits the most from affirmative action?

If we're being honest about the nature of affirmative action nobody really benefits, the playing field is merely leveled.

If you want to go find some stat that buttresses your loaded, racist argument, by all means.

**** ok. I'll make it a little clearer. I think people should be judged on their actions and behaviour, not on their skin colour.

Do you believe in positive discrimination?

I believe it exists?

Trump has ordered the National Guard into the city to help protect the ordinary law abiding citizens and the property and businesses that employ locals in an attempt to save lives and millions of dollars in damage...the fascist!!!

He invoked the Insurrection Act?

• Advertisement

If we're being honest about the nature of affirmative action nobody really benefits, the playing field is merely leveled.

If you want to go find some stat that buttresses your loaded, racist argument, by all means.

Oh we're all racist now ironic you should play the race card when being shredded with pure truth and facts ... It's a thing of beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

In fairness, yes. That would be normal in a country where the police and cities are under attack from violent protesters, once the gun was legally owned and he was cooperating with the police.

But it was normal for 17 year olds constantly posting BLM propaganda all over their social media and attending BLM protests in a different country to where George Floyd lived, and breaking social distancing health guidelines to attend a protest...

Looks like Rambo's gun isn't legal either. You need to be 18 to own or open carry a gun in Wisconsin.

Just another way the cops not doing their job has helped ruin this kid's life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I think a certain poster has no idea what racism actually is. Deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I'm asking you a question...I'm not so sure the Asian americans agree with you on that, aren't they suggesting they are being discriminated against 3rd level educational institutions in the US.

It is not racist to discuss race....it is a disgrace that you are allowed to consistently throw highly inflammatory rhetoric at anyone who doesn't agree with you.

You are clutching at straws old boy...the actions of that 17 year old kid are a disgrace but is the consequence of mayhem caused by rioters and looters.

And the rioting was caused by the police doing a terrible job that resulted in a man getting shot 7 times in the back a meter from his kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Name me one race that plays the race card more than the black community name one that does it more or uses it as an excuse.

That’s about as bad as it gets. Jesus Christ, not even trying to hide it which I suppose is something?

I can’t think of many races who have been dealt a worse hand throughout history as black people, you don’t think maybe they might be a tad sick of it at this stage?

I'm asking you a question...I'm not so sure the Asian americans agree with you on that, aren't they suggesting they are being discriminated against 3rd level educational institutions in the US.

It is not racist to discuss race....it is a disgrace that you are allowed to consistently throw highly inflammatory rhetoric at anyone who doesn't agree with you.

It's laughable really that you can be branded a racist for even discussing the matter,

But I'd expect nothing less from such a toxic breed of people following a warped ideology

But it's certainly racist to make sweeping remarks about their entire race, as has been done here:
    Cupatae wrote:
    It's the truth and you know it they are the ultimate victims and blame everything and everyone bar themselves... They don't want to admit they commit more voilent crime or why they have more encounters with police

Foxtrol wrote: »
    And the rioting was caused by the police doing a terrible job that resulted in a man getting shot 7 times in the back a meter from his kids

That is your interpretation of it, plenty of evidence out there to suggest otherwise, but of course, this is not the time for cool heads, there is an election a foot so every incident has to be politicized to whip people into a frenzy in an attempt to undermine the current administration...it is beyond transparent, and it will be the rock the Democratic Party will perish on!!!

Nobody votes for anarchists!

It's laughable really that you can be branded a racist for even discussing the matter,

But I'd expect nothing less from such a toxic breed of people following a warped ideology

Which is hilarious given you and your ilk tried to brand me a racist also.

R.F. wrote: »
    That’s about as bad as it gets. Jesus Christ, not even trying to hide it which I suppose is something?

I can’t think of many races who have been dealt a worse hand throughout history as black people, you don’t think maybe they might be a tad sick of it at this stage?

There is a reason why this poster is the only one ever to be put on my blocked list. Mixes things up between dog whistles and loud speaker

That is your interpretation of it, plenty of evidence out there to suggest otherwise

Where.

But it's certainly racist to make sweeping remarks about their entire race, as has been done here:

I backed it up with facts the black community is responsible for well over 50% of all voilent crime while making up 13 % of the pop and even more grim when you account that the women do barely none.

These can be googled by anyone, I'm afraid the truth care for color .

Nice try tho a common tactic to brand anyone that doesn't agree with you a racist. Pathetic and underhanded. But I d expect nothi gless

I backed it up with facts the black community is responsible for well over 50% of all voilent crime while making up 13 % of the pop and even more grim when you account that the women do barely none.

These can be googled by anyone, I'm afraid the truth care for color .

Nice try tho a common tactic to brand anyone that doesn't agree with you a racist. Pathetic and underhanded. But I d expect nothi gless

The statistic has no relevance to what you said, which was nakedly racist.

You quoted my post, you called my point a racist, loaded argument....

So again, can you point me to the loaded racist argument that you accused me of?

• Advertisement

Where.

It's already been posted on this thread...are you even following this or are you just howling "racism" at the moon!!!

The resemblance here is striking.

At least the couple had some sense to not travel across state lines and break curfew to cause their incident and more importantly weren't stupid enough to actually fire their guns.

https://twitter.com/SenGianaris/status/1298691486700249093?s=20

You quoted my post, you called my point a racist, loaded argument....

So again, can you point me to the loaded racist argument that you accused me of?

You're trying to argue that one entire race, above all others, benefits the most from affirmative action. And you're not even doing it well, because you're asking me to do your homework for you.

It's already been posted on this thread...are you even following this or are you just howling "racism" at the moon!!!

I'm reading, and I saw no evidence that shows the riots weren't the result of cops shooting a man 7 times in the back. So if you don't mind reposting that would be great.

The statistic has no relevance to what you said, which was nakedly racist.

Look you're beaten, when you ve to resort to calling everyone that disagrees with you a racist. All your doing here is trying twist the truth and it's pathetic

I'm reading, and I saw no evidence that shows the riots weren't the result of cops shooting a man 7 times in the back. So if you don't mind reposting that would be great.

You and ur equals are the only ones that see color in that situation

The man didnt follow orders, and was lawfully shot.

Next.

You're trying to argue that one entire race, above all others, benefits the most from affirmative action. And you're not even doing it well, because you're asking me to do your homework for you.

But there are posters on this very thread, who claim the US is institutionally racist, but affirmative action in your very words, levels the playing field...so where is the institutional racism them, what institute specifically is racist?

And AGAIN, can you demonstrate, how my argument is a loaded racist argument...you are well able to lash out the insults, it suggests that is all you have!!!

Look your beaten, when you ve to resort to calling everyone that disagrees with you a racist. All your doing here is trying twist the truth and it's pathetic

You must be in really awful shape if you feel the need to post nonsensical remarks like 'your beaten I've won la la la'

I take exception to you accusing me of calling "everyone that disagrees with me" a racist. That's not true at all. I have plenty of disagreements with people that aren't racists. I just also, as it happens, tend to disagree with racists when I come across them, and you are being a racist, so let's stop pretending that it's a ploy on my end, I didn't make you say racist things, you did that yourself.

That is your interpretation of it, plenty of evidence out there to suggest otherwise, but of course, this is not the time for cool heads, there is an election a foot so every incident has to be politicized to whip people into a frenzy in an attempt to undermine the current administration...it is beyond transparent, and it will be the rock the Democratic Party will perish on!!!

Nobody votes for anarchists!

I'd love to see this.

What crazy right wing nonsense will it be? What did the deep state do now???

• Advertisement

But there are posters on this very thread, who claim the US is institutionally racist, but affirmative action in your very words, levels the playing field...so where is the institutional racism them, what institute specifically is racist?

And AGAIN, can you demonstrate, how my argument is a loaded racist argument...you are well able to lash out the insults, it suggests that is all you have!!!

My exact words were "If we're being honest about the nature of affirmative action nobody really benefits, the playing field is merely leveled."

I suppose I should say honest about the intent of affirmative action.

I think it should be very clear however that collegiate institutions and the police institution and the judicial institution are very different animals, with policing in the US particularly being founded on profoundly racist ideology and it and the legal system still operating in a systemically racist manner that has failed to ensure outcomes that are race-agnostic.

Advertisement