Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Overheal wrote: »
    You must be in really awful shape if you feel the need to post nonsensical remarks like 'your beaten I've won la la la'

I take exception to you accusing me of calling "everyone that disagrees with me" a racist. That's not true at all. I have plenty of disagreements with people that aren't racists. I just also, as it happens, tend to disagree with racists when I come across them, and you are being a racist, so let's stop pretending that it's a ploy on my end, I didn't make you say racist things, you did that yourself.

Except everyone is calling you out on it because you can't back up ur claims that they are racist, so it basically is a ploy and your beaten because you have resorted to insults

You just howl racism at everything you don't like , it's actually so fitting that you are a BLM fanatic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

You must be in really awful shape if you feel the need to post nonsensical remarks like 'your beaten I've won la la la'

I take exception to you accusing me of calling "everyone that disagrees with me" a racist. That's not true at all. I have plenty of disagreements with people that aren't racists. I just also, as it happens, tend to disagree with racists when I come across them, and you are being a racist, so let's stop pretending that it's a ploy on my end, I didn't make you say racist things, you did that yourself.

Will you go away out of it...

You accused me of defending a 17 year old kid, whom I called a disgrace.

You accused me of a racist loaded argument which you have failed to back up.

That is just me...you are doing the same to all the other posters who disagree with you.

All mouth and emotive rhetoric, go back to the threads that your kind have successfully baited any poster who disagrees with the herd.

My exact words were "If we're being honest about the nature of affirmative action nobody really benefits, the playing field is merely leveled."

I suppose I should say honest about the intent of affirmative action.

I think it should be very clear however that collegiate institutions and the police institution and the judicial institution are very different animals, with policing in the US particularly being founded on profoundly racist ideology and it and the legal system still operating in a systemically racist manner that has failed to ensure outcomes that are race-agnostic.

If people die as a result of trump calling in the national guard is it Trump's fault or the BLM crowd fault?

Who's creating a toxic and violent situation across the us? BLM and that's a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,853 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cupatae wrote: »
    Except everyone is calling you out on it because you can't back up ur claims that they are racist, so it basically is a ploy and your beaten because you have resorted to insults

You just howl racism at everything you don't like , it's actually so fitting that you are a BLM fanatic :D

The fact that you can't see how it's racist is both unsurprising and part of the issue.

Will you go away out of it...

You accused me of a racist loaded argument which you have failed to back up.

That is just me...you are doing the same to all the other posters who disagree with you.

All mouth and emotive rhetoric, go back to the threads that your kind have successfully baited any poster who disagrees with the herd.

Well said !

• Advertisement

The fact that you can't see how it's racist is both unsurprising and part of the issue.

Back em up then less of the howling of racism back em up with facts oh wait you can't , just more hollow comments with sutble digs attached

You literally applauded the behavior of people "putting down the mob" for property damage. That's purportedly what happen with this teenager. If you're going to stand by your statement celebrating the putting down of the mob then inexorably you are standing behind and celebrating that teenager.

Back em up then less of the howling of racism back em up with facts oh wait you can't , just more hollow comments with sutble digs attached

I suppose we can at least be comforted that you find it offensive to be pointed out as a racist, somewhere it shows that you know the ideology is wrong, despite convincing yourself that stereotyping the entire black race as you did a little while ago was somehow not racist.

You literally applauded the behavior of people "putting down the mob" for property damage. That's purportedly what happen with this teenager. If you're going to stand by your statement celebrating the putting down of the mob then inexorably you are standing behind and celebrating that teenager.

I did no such thing, that is a complete lie.

Perfectly consistent with your behaviour I might add, you cannot present to me anywhere where I said such a thing, just like you can't present to me where I presented a racist/loaded argument.

This is gaslighting, I won't even bother to report you because no one will respond, it is transparent what posters like you do, you bait and bait until someone reacts and gets banned from the thread.

You are a disgrace.

I did no such thing, that is a complete lie.

[bla bla bla bla]

"the actions of that 17 year old kid are a disgrace but is the consequence of mayhem caused by rioters and looters."

You were, quite clearly, anteing up an extenuating defense of the murdering scumbag.

• Advertisement

"blah blah racism blah blah.

You are the only person who could read that into what I said.

Calling a person a disgrace because of their actions is not defending them.

The rioters and looters are a disgrace, does that sound like I am defending them?

I can't understand how you are getting away with this!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Well we are talking about Wisconsin and everything I can see does not give police power to shoot people for fleeing. Happy to be corrected but you know well highlighting laws in other states is pointless.

You made a categorical statement that "you can't shoot someone for fleeing in the US", and then chastised the person you were addressing for not being familiar with the law.

Obviously you are unfamiliar with the law in the US or you would not have made such an error.

However, for the record, now that I look it up hop to section 939.49 of the Wisconsin statutes. There are apparently also times where fleeing suspects can be shot in that state as well. This isn't one of them, but again, it reflects upon your broad and inaccurate statement, not the incident at hand. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/939/III/49

It should not be surprising. The ability for police in the US to use deadly force to prevent escape in certain circumstances was upheld by the US Supreme Court in 1985.

You are the only person who could read that into what I said.

That's not at all true. In fact my remark pointing this out to you was thanked by other users, so clearly I can't be the only person. You'd be a good lawyer for him "your honor what my client did was disgraceful but you have to understand, the lefties were restless and needed to be put down"

"the actions of that 17 year old kid are a disgrace but is the consequence of mayhem caused by rioters and looters."

You were, quite clearly, anteing up an extenuating defense of the murdering scumbag.

So he told the truth then ?

The rioters created the situation to begin with.

Unbelievable mental gymnastics going on there to call someone racist for that , wasn't a white dude that was shot?

You realise your out protesting for a cause that was kicked off by the death of a ruthless criminal who robbed pregnant women at gun point by pointing the gun at there unborn child..

Truly amazing moral compass!

So he told the truth then ?

The rioters created the situation to begin with.

Unbelievable mental gymnastics going on there to call someone racist for that , wasn't a white dude that was shot?

No, the only one who created the situation was the murderer. He got the gun, he got in the car, he went there, and he shot people. Nobody created that situation but him. Protesters didn't show up at his front door, he went to them.

That's not at all true. In fact my remark pointing this out to you was thanked by other users, so clearly I can't be the only person. You'd be a good lawyer for him "your honor what my client did was disgraceful but you have to understand, the lefties were restless and needed to be put down"

You are lying outright about what posters say including myself, you do this by completely misrepresenting what is being said.

When you are challenged you consistently fail to produce proof.

You have lashed around emotive rhetoric at anyone who disagrees with you....we all know you Overheal, you do this consistently....

I'm an Irish person who can see through this b##s##t...I can only imagine how many Americans are sick and tired of the constant race baiting/riots/looting/property damage/statue toppling/murder and mayhem!!!

You realise your out protesting for a cause that was kicked off by the death of a ruthless criminal who robbed pregnant women at gun point by pointing the gun at there unborn child..

I assume by now you well know that is completely false and are only repeating it now to attempt a windup.

Who had taken a lethal cocktail of drugs which had severely impaired his ability to breath!!!

You are lying outright about what posters say including myself, you do this by completely misrepresenting what is being said.
    I quoted you verbatim.
    When you are challenged you consistently fail to produce proof.
    LOL my arse. I have supplied more evidence to this thread than any other contributor here. The rest of your post is bla bla bla grr overheal bad.

• Advertisement

Who had taken a lethal cocktail of drugs which had severely impaired his ability to breath!!!

Again, another user who knows well by now that George Floyd was in fact not high during his arrest, as the toxicology report shows his drug concentration was 11 ng/mL, consistent with the natural control group in a study that examined those who died under the influence of drugs against those who did not.

I quoted you verbatim.

LOL my arse. I have supplied more evidence to this thread than any other contributor here. The rest of your post is bla bla bla grr overheal bad.

All uve done is thrown out thinly veiled digs while screaming racism at everyone

0 facts 0 statistics 0 truth

You ve been repeatedly shown up by multiple users at this stage it's getting Abit embarrassing.

No, the only one who created the situation was the murderer. He got the gun, he got in the car, he went there, and he shot people. Nobody created that situation but him. Protesters didn't show up at his front door, he went to them.

So would you say a black man who got a gun or went out and deliberately did crime , got shot and killed by police did he create the situation or was it the police?

I say black man because of current situation s not out of racism before you go banging on , now that your cornered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just saw this photo. It looks like at least one of the guys shot was himself armed with a handgun.

image.jpg

New angle
    image.jpg

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298647269298909184

And black communities frequently face far less funding for schools and education. So not exactly lucrative educational opportunities.

And it only serves the purpose of fanning flames...

It does... But it's absolutely mad how using the phrase "black communities" when talking about how disadvantaged they are is not racist, yet saying "black communities" when talking about level of crime is racist.

So would you say a black man who got a gun or went out and deliberately did crime , got shot and killed by police did he create the situation or was it the police?

I say black man because of current situation s not out of racism before you go banging on , now that your cornered

:)

Naturally if the suspect is premeditatively engaged in a violent criminal activity they created the situation. Just like the guy who did the DUI in the Wendys parking lot created the situation by driving drunk. That's not to say that what the cops did there was in order - eg. bullets that struck occupied bystander vehicles, kicking the suspect when he's already been shot and grounded.

I quoted you verbatim.

No I didn't say you were bad, I said you are a disgrace...if you are going to quote me verbatim, at least look up what verbatim means.

Please stop misrepresenting my posts!!!

biko wrote: »
    Just saw this photo. It looks like at least one of the guys shot was himself armed with a handgun.

image.jpg

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298647269298909184

Going off that video alone that's self defense he was jumped by 3 people with unknown intentions ....without any other context , outside of the last lad he shot unless that guy had a gun that's murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

This video shows the shooter being chased by the lad which was shot in the head seconds later.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1298704864843685890

Advertisement