Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

Overheal wrote: »
    I assume by now you well know that is completely false and are only repeating it now to attempt a windup.

Absolutely. He was only present when that happened and assisted the robbery. Much like that poor crippled lad only was charged with sexual assault and not leading a woman to a forest at gunpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Cupatae wrote: »
    Going off that video alone that's self defense he was jumped by 3 people with unknown intentions ....without any other context , outside of the last lad he shot unless that guy had a gun that's murder.

There is a massive push everywhere by people online saying he had a phone in his hand. One of those lads had a skateboard ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,426 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No I didn't say you were bad, I said you are a disgrace...if you are going to quote me verbatim, at least look up what verbatim means.

Please stop misrepresenting my posts!!!

Not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse or accidentally slow on the uptake.

This is where I quoted you verbatim. You accused me of not representing your post correctly, yet I quoted you word-for-word, simple copy-paste job.

biko wrote: »
    Just saw this photo. It looks like at least one of the guys shot was himself armed with a handgun.

image.jpg

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298647269298909184

It's an open carry state so it's irrelevant. Meanwhile the teenagers with the rifle was intentionally killing people.

This video shows the shooter being chased by the lad which was shot in the head seconds later.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1298704864843685890

He took an illegally owned gun across state lines... I'm guessing he was being chased after the shootings. Strange how you guys are leaping to the defence of such a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's an open carry state so it's irrelevant. Meanwhile the teenagers with the rifle was intentionally killing people.
    The teen was clearly chased as you can see in the video from 1800_Ladladlad
    It was a defence situation in my mind, but a jury will decide. At least there is plenty footage.

That said, if you bring a gun to a riot then someone will get shot - so don't bring a gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse or accidentally slow on the uptake.

This is where I quoted you verbatim. You accused me of not representing your post correctly, yet I quoted you word-for-word, simple copy-paste job.

I'm done with you Overheal, I have reported your posts.

I'm done with you Overheal, I have reported your posts.

Can't imagine why, as saying someone is being slow on the uptake is not actionable and neither is saying they're being deliberately obtuse. Will you consider it personal abuse if I said 'the penny hasn't dropped' etc? Ridiculous.

Same armed BLMer jump the armed boy, gets shot in arm (earlier pics).
    Another rioter standing by with big stick for peaceful headbashing.

image.jpg

Second before

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The picture of the gunshot wound is a bit much. Could have done without seeing that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

He took an illegally owned gun across state lines... I'm guessing he was being chased after the shootings. Strange how you guys are leaping to the defence of such a person.

Well it's not open carry for show, he got jumped by 3 people and shot them going off that video alone what do you think the open carry is for? It's not for showing off .

• Advertisement

The teen was clearly chased as you can see in the video from 1800_Ladladlad
    It was a defence situation.

That said, if you bring a gun to a riot then someone will get shot - so don't bring a gun.

The chase occurred after one of the first killings. He was not the owner of the gun and illegally crossed state lines with it. But to be honest, you guys are genuinely are astounding in terms of what you're defending.

So your focusing on the technicalities of bringing a gun across lines, but completely not interested in determining whether or not he shot in self defense , or maybe you had ur mind made up as soon as you read "BLM protestor shot" the racist alarm bells must went off !

The picture of the gunshot wound is a bit much. Could have done without seeing that

Meh. I've seen way worse.

So I'm unclear: which murder is he being charged murder-one for? This one? I thought he killed more than one person last night or am I getting my signals crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

You made a categorical statement that "you can't shoot someone for fleeing in the US", and then chastised the person you were addressing for not being familiar with the law.

Obviously you are unfamiliar with the law in the US or you would not have made such an error.

However, for the record, now that I look it up hop to section 939.49 of the Wisconsin statutes. There are apparently also times where fleeing suspects can be shot in that state as well. This isn't one of them, but again, it reflects upon your broad and inaccurate statement, not the incident at hand. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/939/III/49

It should not be surprising. The ability for police in the US to use deadly force to prevent escape in certain circumstances was upheld by the US Supreme Court in 1985.

Why did you add in the bold bit, which completely changes the context of my statement? Incompetence or deliberate attempt to mislead?

I do appreciate what you posted actually supports my original post. In regards to both Wisconsin law and the US Supreme Court, they both state there are only certain circumstances where cops are allowed to take those actions. It is not what the OP stated that the police were justified in shooting a fleeing man just because he is fleeing.

Also, the reason why I 'chastised' the poster was because in the space of a few minutes they posted a Rhode Island law, to support a claim that the victim was charged with assaulting minor, and then stated the police were within their rights to shoot this victim in this situation for fleeing. Interesting you didn't challenge that other poster despite how you agree their statement was incorrect... :rolleyes:

Cupatae wrote: »
    So your focusing on the technicalities of bringing a gun across lines, but completely not interested in determining whether or not he shot in self defense , or maybe you had ur mind made up as soon as you read "BLM protestor shot" the racist alarm bells must went off !

How could it be self defense when he deliberately and illegally crossed state lines with a firearm to create the situation?

I'm actually a bit surprised now: normally you'd be the first one to defend someone getting killed on this thread based on all manner of prior circumstances, like robbing a pregnant lady years ago, etc. but suddenly you draw the line at illegal possession of a firearm, which is a very relevant matter of fact in a killing with said weapon?

This video shows the shooter being chased by the lad which was shot in the head seconds later.

Keep up, that was after he'd already shot a man in the head and was caught admitting to it on camera

Sorry about that. I was debating it but a lot of people these days have seen similar in news so I decided to go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

suspect the murder charge is to appease the mob. has no reasonable chance of success based on all those videos.
    Probably will charge him re possession of the gun/crossing state lines etc.
    I thought the boy was very restrained. Runs away from angry lad with molotov. shoots him once when cornered by the car
    Flees circa 20 people armed with cudgels, skateboards and a pistol. get knocked over, kicked and hit on head. fights for the rifle, and only shoots the aggressors.
    one lad that was trying to get in on the attack when the kid was down, put his hands ups and the kid did not shoot him.
    the kid then got away from the mob and attempted to flag police vehicles down

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Just saw this photo. It looks like at least one of the guys shot was himself armed with a handgun.

image.jpg

New angle
    image.jpg

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298647269298909184

Interesting.

If I saw a guy with a 'Paramedic' hat on, I wouldn't assume he was carrying a firearm...

Just sayin'.

How could it be self defense when he deliberately and illegally crossed state lines with a firearm to create the situation?

I'm actually a bit surprised now: normally you'd be the first one to defend someone getting killed on this thread based on all manner of prior circumstances, like robbing a pregnant lady years ago, etc. but suddenly you draw the line at illegal possession of a firearm, which is a very relevant matter of fact in a killing with said weapon?

Also on top of that, it's illegal to open carry in Wisconsin if you're under 18. He honestly seems like a person who wasn't the most mentally sound entering a situation like that. He was looking for an opportunity to use his gun based on this clip tbh.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1298669264568586240?s=09

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm missing something but the first shooting is this?
    Where a man is chasing the 17yo? And the man then gets shot in the head.

Note - graphic details in video.

https://twitter.com/AnonOpsSE/status/1298627537980010504?s=20

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

NBA players boycotting now.

America is ****ed. Any black person killed is is down to racism apparantly.

Just wait long enough and there'll be pro black laws brought in, quotas, payments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Just wait long enough and there'll be pro black laws brought in, quotas, payments etc.

The Democrat Party in the US is f##ked...they have politicized the George Floyd death which has led to widespread looting/destruction of property/the permanent loss of jobs/murder and mayhem, and a Pandemic in an effort to regain the Presidency because they are devoid of policy....

So is any organisation that has associated itself with rioters and looters like the NBA...because most people regardless of race like living in a civilized society!!!

Can you imagine expecting ordinary hard working Americans to pay top dollar for a ticket to a NBA match only to watch extremely well paid mainly black men tell you you are racist...neither can I!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

The Democrat Party in the US is f##ked...they have politicized the George Floyd death which has led to widespread looting/destruction of property/the permanent loss of jobs/murder and mayhem, and a Pandemic in an effort to regain the Presidency because they are devoid of policy....

So is any organisation that has associated itself with rioters and looters like the NBA...because most people regardless of race like living in a civilized society!!!

Can you imagine expecting ordinary hard working Americans to pay top dollar for a ticket to a NBA match only to watch extremely well paid mainly black men tell you you are racist...neither can I!!!

Ah but celebrities and sports players know best :rolleyes:

It's an open carry state, I can only go off the video I seen, and that is man being jumped by 3 people with unknown intentions and him shooting them in return, the last of which I said is murder if that man was unarmed

Here's the kicker tho if the police seen it and shot him 7 times in the back I'd have no problem with that either because he was a threat and showed he was willing to use his firearm.

Unlike you I don't have one set of rules for one race and another for the others. I call it fairly and unbiasedly as I see it.

Which can't be said for yourself or the other only black lives matter fanatics.

suspect the murder charge is to appease the mob. has no reasonable chance of success based on all those videos.
    Probably will charge him re possession of the gun/crossing state lines etc.
    I thought the boy was very restrained. Runs away from angry lad with molotov. shoots him once when cornered by the car
    Flees circa 20 people armed with cudgels, skateboards and a pistol. get knocked over, kicked and hit on head. fights for the rifle, and only shoots the aggressors.
    one lad that was trying to get in on the attack when the kid was down, put his hands ups and the kid did not shoot him.
    the kid then got away from the mob and attempted to flag police vehicles down

No buying that at all.

A 17 year old, carrying an illegal weapon, breaking curfew and crossing state lines to insert himself in the middle of a riot wont fly for self defense.

Imagine the usual suspects here if a black 17 year old with their social media account covered in guns and BLM took an assault rifle to a proud boys march and started unloading on people when they got aggressive with them, people killing 2. People would lose their minds

Foxtrol wrote: »
    No buying that at all.

A 17 year old, carrying an illegal weapon, breaking curfew and crossing state lines to insert himself in the middle of a riot wont fly for self defense.

Imagine the usual suspects here if a black 17 year old with their social media account covered in guns and BLM took an assault rifle to a proud boys march and started unloading on people when they got aggressive with them, people killing 2. People would lose their minds

These BLM crowd have been shown to be violent to anyone that disagrees with them, they also attack people of white skin color and hold hate speeches aimed at white people , if this is the only video I don't see this case being a success it's self defense regardless of whether the gun is legal or not

Now if he shot people before this them thats a whole different ball game

Imagine if it was and imagine the cops shot him!! Oh my God the up roar ! Why didn't they try take him down or something ! It'd be a clear racist attack without doubt!

Foxtrol wrote: »
    That is not what happened but we can guess and speculate if you want.
    We haven't whatabouted in a while now.

We haven't whatabouted in a while now.
    Me first

Who is safer?
    A person wearing a MAGA t-shirt to a BLM rally, or a person wearing a BLM t-shirt to a MAGA rally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ah the NBA, the players that were very vocal about the injustices in Hong Kong and China last year I recall ...

Advertisement