Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    believe me thats not me, i think both parties have questions to answer, some sides just want to put all the blame on cops and teh other side all the blame on suspects, its not that simple.

If he had listened to the cops and done what they told him to do he wouldn't have gotten shot. So he is 100% responsible for what happened to him anyone trying to argue otherwise is delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

If he had listened to the cops and done what they told him to do he wouldn't have gotten shot. So he is 100% responsible for what happened to him anyone trying to argue otherwise is delusional.

he def didnt help his situation, again both sides have things to learn, its not black and white.

he def didnt help his situation, again both sides have things to learn, its not black and white.

It is black and white though don't resist arrest and you won't get shot. There is no grey area here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Foxtrol wrote: »
    As we've seen already in this thread, the usual suspects that have been outraged by people rioting are now moaning about players peacefully protesting.
    They can stop playing in front of empty seats all they want, I don't mind.
    Overpaid divas.

It is black and white though don't resist arrest and you won't get shot. There is no grey area here.

look blake is no saint but i dont think you deserve to be shot just because you resist arrest.

• Advertisement

look blake is no saint but i dont think you deserve to be shot just because you resist arrest.

So cops should just let people run back into their cars where they could potentially have a weapon and wait until they shoot first before returning fire?

The fact remains his own actions resulted in him being shot nothing else caused it. He is 100% responsible for what happened to him.

The people shot have been named
    • Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, was the first one killed. Video allegedly shows him chasing teen shooter & throwing something at him.
    • Anthony Huber, 26, was shot & killed in Kenosha, Wisc. at the BLM riot. He was filmed chasing down the armed teen and hitting him when he was on the ground with a skateboard.
    • The third who was shot (& survived) is Gaige Grosskreutz, 26. He's a member of the People’s Revolution Movement. He was filmed chasing after the teen w/a pistol. He was shot at close-range in the upper arm.

So cops should just let people run back into their cars where they could potentially have a weapon and wait until they shoot first before returning fire?

The fact remains his own actions resulted in him being shot nothing else caused it. He is 100% responsible for what happened to him.

in this situation there was 3 or more cops there, they should have been able to subdue him,im generally pro cops but in some instances they have questions to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I think he was armed with a knife or was attempting to retrieve the knife.

If so, he was a danger to the police and therefore the police were probably justified in shooting him.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I think he was armed with a knife or was attempting to retrieve the knife.

If so, he was a danger to the police and therefore the police were probably justified in shooting him.

yeah but my point is better cops would never have let him get to the car, they are meant to be trained for these situations, im not defending Blake a scumbag by all accounts but this is going to keep happening, some cops need to do better to de-escalate situations and yes people in general need to act better when instructed to do something by cops.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    • Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, was the first one killed. Video allegedly shows him chasing teen shooter & throwing something at him.
    • Anthony Huber, 26, was shot & killed in Kenosha, Wisc. at the BLM riot. He was filmed chasing down the armed teen and hitting him when he was on the ground with a skateboard.
    • The third who was shot (& survived) is Gaige Grosskreutz, 26. He's a member of the People’s Revolution Movement. He was filmed chasing after the teen w/a pistol. He was shot at close-range in the upper arm.

I can't speak for the first shooting as the video of it I saw wasn't that clear.

The last two shootings appear to be self-defence as they were attacking Rittenhouse as he was being attacked by a mob.

But what wasn't self-defence were the few shots he fired towards the mob who were chasing him when he stood back up after shooting the guy in the arm. There was nobody near him when he fired those shots. Did he hit anyone, I don't know. There doesn't seem to be any reports of him hitting anyone with those shots.

Not excusing Rittenhouse by the way. He put himself in harms way by doing what he did. I've no problem with people defending their life and their property but Rittenhouse broke several laws by 'volunteering' in that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I wouldnt get too invested in these, the first is a convicted pedophile and the other 2 were convicted felons, knowing the US there will be PLM chants :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They can stop playing in front of empty seats all they want, I don't mind.
    Overpaid divas.

Thanks for proving my point by name calling them for peaceful protesting

yeah but my point is better cops would never have let him get to the car, they are meant to be trained for these situations, im not defending Blake a scumbag by all accounts but this is going to keep happening, some cops need to do better to de-escalate situations and yes people in general need to act better when instructed to do something by cops.

Maybe the cops made a mistake by not taking Blake sooner. Maybe they didn't have that opportunity or maybe they tried that and failed. I don't know the full version of events so I'm only surmising. Easy for us to decide one way or another when it's not our lives on the line.

But once it got to the stage where Blake got to the car, the range of options open to the cops reduced significantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Thanks for proving my point by name calling them for peaceful protesting

Calling out their hypocrisy doesn't impact ability to protest. 1st Amendment and all that.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

in all fairness lebron is black so think his voice is worthy on this subject more than most other matters. Look the cops are going to have to find alternatives to just shooting when they fear something, to shoot 7 times strikes me as a cop very much afraid and tbh you shouldnt be doing the job if you feel like that, obviously some shootings are justified but pulling trigger first thinking later seems to be happening more and more, could they maybe get stronger tasers that will work better.

Was yer man shot 7 times?

Must be a hardy man to get shot 7 times at point blank range and only end up paralyzed from the waist down.

In fact all of the Irish and English football clubs should stop playing too, overpaid divas. Let's pretend it's for BLM or something.

Maybe the cops made a mistake by not taking Blake sooner. Maybe they didn't have that opportunity or maybe they tried that and failed. I don't know the full version of events so I'm only surmising. Easy for us to decide one way or another when it's not our lives on the line.

But once it got to the stage where Blake got to the car, the range of options open to the cops reduced significantly.

agreed

Was yer man shot 7 times?

Must be a hardy man to get shot 7 times at point blank range and only end up paralyzed from the waist down.

yeah 7 times was reported

So?
    [*]Anthony Huber, 26, was shot & killed in Kenosha, Wisc. at the BLM riot. He was filmed chasing down the armed teen and hitting him when he was on the ground with a skateboard.

[*]The third who was shot (& survived) is Gaige Grosskreutz, 26. He's a member of the People’s Revolution Movement. He was filmed chasing after the teen w/a pistol. He was shot at close-range in the upper arm.

Generally people chasing down a man with an assault weapon that just murdered someone are seen as heroes...

• Advertisement

Calling out their hypocrisy doesn't impact ability to protest. 1st Amendment and all that.

Nonsense. Players are allowed to have stronger opinions on certain matters, especially when it directly impacts themselves and their families.

The only hypocrisy here is posters and right wing media folk that call for peaceful protests and then moan about them when they take place.

So?

Generally people chasing down a man with an assault weapon that just murdered someone are seen as heroes...

Not if they initiated the conflict. Very similar situation to the shooting in New Mexico a few months back, at the statue removal. If you attack someone who is armed, you probably shouldn't be surprised if defends himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The BLM organization should start to pay for damages occurs on state buildings and business affected. They have more than enough money to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The BLM organization should start to pay for damages occurs on state buildings and business affected. They have more than enough money to do so.

Getting Trump re-elected will be considered payment in kind :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Nonsense. Players are allowed to have stronger opinions on certain matters, especially when it directly impacts themselves and their families.

The only hypocrisy here is posters and right wing media folk that call for peaceful protests and then moan about them when they take place.

LeBron James and others are surprisingly silent on issues that impact their bank accounts, for example the Chinese slave labour that produces the clothing and shoes they get paid to sponsor. I also must've missed where they've taken a public stance against the shootings in black communities, or the rioting and destruction of black businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's all very similar to what happened in London all those years ago. They shot a crack dealer, there was early outrage from locals but then things escalated to where teenagers seen it as an opportunity to riot and loot.

There was absolutely no doubt back then that it was sheer opportunism from low level criminals. None of them actually cared about the drug dealer murdered. The media didn't care about him (different times). Even the most extreme left wingers were holding off, reading the room and keeping quiet on it all.

It's the exact same happening in America. You have your tiny amount of activists, then the rest are low level (some high level criminals) looking for opportunity to loot and cause chaos.

It's probably because America is so far away that people over this side don't see the dynamics of it. We all know what a Chav or a hoody is over in this area of the world, but folks don't realise that this is what the case is over there. It's not Mike the black IT Manager who has just had enough that is out there rioting. It's jontrellashaw, multiple convictions, gang affiliated, general menace to neighbourhood that's out looting.

There's so much romanticism going on from people far far away.

Maybe the cops made a mistake by not taking Blake sooner.

I don't think there was a maybe there.
    Maybe they didn't have that opportunity or maybe they tried that and failed.

From the conference yesterday it appeared they tried to tase him once, despite there being 3 cops there. They also didn't mention any pepper spray.
    I don't know the full version of events so I'm only surmising. Easy for us to decide one way or another when it's not our lives on the line.

It wasn't really Blake getting to the car that caused the closing of options it was the shooter putting himself in a terrible position by being so close to him, literally hanging off him.

If Joseph Rosenbaum was the first shot, why did he chase Kyle?
    Who was murdered before Joseph Rosenbaum was shot?

So?

If it was a molotov cocktail, (which some people have claimed that is what it is) that might be classed as self-defence.

Or idiots. Not a great idea to be chasing a person armed with an AR15.

• Advertisement

LeBron James and others are surprisingly silent on issues that impact their bank accounts, for example the Chinese slave labour that produces the clothing and shoes they get paid to sponsor. I also must've missed where they've taken a public stance against the shootings in black communities, or the rioting and destruction of black businesses.

More nonsense. They have the right to select what issues they want to deal with, just like you choosing certain threads to post in isn't 'hypocritical'.

How can you not see the fundamental difference between an issue that is state sponsored and one that done by criminals?

Here is a thread of examples of NBA players from one team being impacted by violence from the police

https://twitter.com/andyblarsen/status/1298717150606024705?s=20

Advertisement