Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

I saw an article linked on fb a few days ago that the players in the NBA bubble are sick of it and were contemplatig leaving it.

This gives them a very convenient excuse to do so yet be praised for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Overheal wrote: »
    And did Rittenhouse know that when he murdered him?
    Unless Jo-Jo was shouting "come here, I am a sex offender with a minor and you look like a minor to me" while chasing Rittenhouse I doubt it was known.
    I also doubt it was the reason Rittenhouse shot him.
    I think it was probably because Rittenhouse was being chased.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,413 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

biko wrote: »
    Unless Jo-Jo was shouting "come here, I am a sex offender with a minor and you look like a minor to me" while chasing Rittenhouse I doubt it was known.

Then I fail to see the significance of why it was brought up by the user I originally quoted. I assume he had already paid his debt to society if he was freely out on the street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

The facts as it stands

Guilty of crossing statelines
    Guilty of open carry while underage

Video evidence suggests beyond doubt he is innocent of murder and this will more than likely be thrown out.

The men killed are guilty of assaulting someone and attempting to do bodily harm

Carrying guns illegally

Attacking a child .

Were they carrying the guns illegally? Supposedly or confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Then I fail to see the significance of why it was brought up by the user I originally quoted. I assume he had already paid his debt to society if he was freely out on the street.

It's more pertinent than the childs social media posts, which are fair game apparently. A convicted criminal attacked and child and was shot dead by that child in self defence. The prior criminal history adds weight to the argument that Rosenbaum was the aggressor.

Sand wrote: »
    It's more pertinent than the childs social media posts, which are fair game apparently. A convicted criminal attacked and child and was shot dead by that child in self defence. The prior criminal history adds weight to the argument that Rosenbaum was the aggressor.

His social media posts directly informed his intent to commit violence.

A prior sex crime conviction isn't a direct causal link to gun violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

His social media posts directly informed his intent to commit violence.

A prior sex crime conviction isn't a direct causal link to gun violence.

Prior criminal assaults on children informs his intent to commit further criminal assaults on children.

Prior criminal assaults on children informs his intent to commit further criminal assaults on children.

Really stretching semantics thinly there, equating sex crime with gun crime and a 17 year old as a child. You act as though the man attack the 17 year old because he was sexually attracted to him? Again, I don't see the significance, it doesn't inform the incident, it is just character assassination.

Race crime = perp and victims not same colour. BLM assemble!

Driver in fender bender decides to shoot the people in the other car in the head, killing a father and daughter. Then proceeds to shoot an onlooker, but not killing him.
    Walters, 23, allegedly rear-ended Wall as he turned into the driveway of the home near the intersection of Indian Hut Road and Highmarket Street, just off of U.S. 521, around 5 p.m., according to the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office.

He then allegedly got out of the vehicle and shot Wall, Anderson, and another person, WPDE reported.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolina-college-student-stepfather-shot-fender-bender-road-rage-driveway
    https://gabnewsonline.com/man-stepdaughter-killed-another-injured-in-road-rage-shooting-suspect-p4149-90.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Oh yes, 100%, however he still remains charged with murder in the first degree, and we know for a fact he was 17 and was too young to carry the weapon, and despite his age crossed state lines with a rifle in violation of the relevant law, and therefore we have evidence beyond any reasonable doubt he was already engaged in criminal activity.
    It's incorrect to say he's murdered someone, until he's convicted of it.
    You're stating opinion as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Driver in fender bender decides to shoot the people in the other car in the head, killing a father and daughter. Then proceeds to shoot an onlooker, but not killing him.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolina-college-student-stepfather-shot-fender-bender-road-rage-driveway
    https://gabnewsonline.com/man-stepdaughter-killed-another-injured-in-road-rage-shooting-suspect-p4149-90.htm

If the colours was reversed , you'd be sure their names would be plastered over every news station across the globe.

Welcome to the internet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Well, its your thought process that the kid knew his presence there was going to provoke the crowd and this would be because he was white.

You're the only one that keeps saying it is because he is white.

The reason why his presence would provoke the crowd is because he is dressed like a wannbe Rambo and carried a long gun, the same attire that groups regularly use when intimidating those protesting racial issues.
    I think you're wrong on the level that the kid didn't know him being white would provoke the mob.

Why the hell did he bring a long gun to it and be on camera saying he is willing to use force?
    What issues in Rosenbaums life was he compensating for by rioting in that town rather than being at home with his fiancee and 2 year old child? This kid can be excused for LARPing because he's a child. Rosenbaum is/was a 36 year old man.

You're ignoring the key point. Rosenbaum didn't kill anyone, Lil Rambo killed two and blew off another guys arm.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

One word - Groan

Thats awful. I see the suspect was already arrested and justice is therefore turning smoothly for this incident.

"he still remains charged with murder in the first degree"

That's what I said. That's a fact, not an opinion. He has been charged with murder in the first degree.

100% correct

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I didn't quote you so I don't know why you're taking offense to it

I didn't take offense at all

I clarified my position.

Anyone that's able to watch a video with out BLM goggles on will clearly see it's self defense...

How can you be running from someone that's discharging a weapon and intending on doing you harm and be guilty of murder,

How can you get assaulted by 3 people some with guns , defend yourself and that be murder

The logic here boggles the mind genuinely.

• Advertisement

You suited up, gloved up, armed up (illegally) cross state lines (illegally) and went looking for trouble according to your own social media records - yet it's "self defense?"

Your words were -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114445098&postcount=2272

'Trying to humanise...'

Ergo, you see him as less than human, and you are criticising the attempt of others to humanise him.

There's no other sensible interpretation of your words.

So your perception of him, and your need to stress his skin colour while you do so, is racist.

Or would be, if it suited your narrative.

:confused:

You're still making no sense.

Do you not understand what the word humanise means?
    to show that someone has the qualities, weaknesses, etc. that are typical of a human, in a way that makes you more likely to feel sympathy for them

You're making an incorrect and quite ridiculous logical leap to get to your comment in the bold. It appears you just really, really want to be offended.

:confused:

You're still making no sense.

Do you not understand what the word humanise means?

You're making a ridiculous and incorrect logical leap to get your comment in the bold, it appears just so you can be offended.

Let's use lionized, then, it will get the same point across.

I’ve seen people defend the murderer more than the actual people who were killed.
    What a place.

I've seen people defend a sexual assault perpetrator who also had a warrant for his arrest out, who was acting violently against the police, instead of defending the police.

Mad indeed.

Get out from under your bed, there were plenty of white people there, including some of the victims of lil Rambo.

The perceived enemy I mention is wannabe tough guys with a fetish for guns that turn up to events to attempt to intimidate with their ill fitting military clothes and big guns to overcompensate for other issues in their lives.

Ok Gok Wan.

I've seen people defend a sexual assault perpetrator who also had a warrant for his arrest out, who was acting violently against the police, instead of defending the police.

Mad indeed.

118472344_2029614620502584_2657591851715601379_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=fy33lCS5fakAX-dho3u&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=d3355c5cc94e0734d97f5fbfd556037e&oe=5F6D92DE

Oh are we back to posting random black criminals again to distract from the discussion?

Plenty of white criminals out there too...

https://twitter.com/DomesticGun/status/1297730051052654592?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Just a shame he didn’t take out a few more.

Carrying a gun doesn't make one a murderer , in the same way defending one's self with a gun doesn't make them a murderer , those people shouldn't have attacked a armed man, Darwin award for them.

• Advertisement

A black man just needs to comply with police orders and not suspiciously reach into his vehicle in order to not get shot.

Darwin award no2

Advertisement