Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Yes,but he was chasing him after throwing stuff.

All aggressive and to a young lad.

He could have taken the gun from the lad and used it.

If the young lad first thought is that I must shoot somebody throwing a plastic bag at them. He should not have access to a gun. I don't understand why there are so many white supremacists on boards. Embarrassing for Ireland really.

If the young lad first thought is that I must shoot somebody throwing a plastic bag at them. He should not have access to a gun. I don't understand why there are so many white supremacists on boards. Embarrassing for Ireland really.

****ing hell....white supremacists? Are you actually being serious?

What the hell has white supremacists got to do with any of this?

Exactly the type of mental ****ing gymnastics that make this impossible to discuss

****ing hell....white supremacists? Are you actually being serious?

What the hell has white supremacists got to do with any of this?

Exactly the type of mental ****ing gymnastics that make this impossible to discuss
    What do you think the "militias" were made up of? Gay muslim Latinos?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

I don't understand...

Quite.

What do you think the "militias" were made up of? Gay muslim Latinos?

Sorry? What "millitias"?

And really?

White supremacists?

And no, I don't know their religion, race or the sexual orientation of most supporters of BLM or detractors of BLM who post on boards.

Do you?

I assume they are mostly white as it's an Irish website and Ireland is predominantly white.

I see no sign of white supremacist behaviour though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sorry? What "millitias"?

And really?

White supremacists?

https://www.thenorthstar.com/shaun-king-armed-white-supremacist-in-kenosha-says-he-collaborated-and-strategized-with-local-police/

But new footage shows that it was more than just white privilege protecting Kyle. He was a part of a mob of heavily armed white militia men, who openly claimed that they coordinated their entire strategy with local police.

This man, who was a key organizer of the armed white militia, said, “Do you know what the cops told us today? We’re going to push them to you, because you can deal with them, then we’re going to leave.”

In essence, he said that he collaborated with police directly and that police pushed protesters toward the armed militia, so that they could “deal with them” directly.

After reviewing several hours worth of footage from last night, that appears to be exactly what police did. As shots rang out all over the place, police were nowhere to be found. They left just as planned.

The State of Wisconsin must immediately investigate the coordination of local police with local white supremacists and militia members.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JKnoxer

The north star lol...far left org not to be believed as an unbiased source

Overheal wrote: »
    https://www.thenorthstar.com/shaun-king-armed-white-supremacist-in-kenosha-says-he-collaborated-and-strategized-with-local-police/

But new footage shows that it was more than just white privilege protecting Kyle. He was a part of a mob of heavily armed white militia men, who openly claimed that they coordinated their entire strategy with local police.

This man, who was a key organizer of the armed white militia, said, “Do you know what the cops told us today? We’re going to push them to you, because you can deal with them, then we’re going to leave.”

In essence, he said that he collaborated with police directly and that police pushed protesters toward the armed militia, so that they could “deal with them” directly.

After reviewing several hours worth of footage from last night, that appears to be exactly what police did. As shots rang out all over the place, police were nowhere to be found. They left just as planned.

The State of Wisconsin must immediately investigate the coordination of local police with local white supremacists and militia members.

Sorry man, I was referring to the fact the poster was saying that boards is full of white supremacists and is an embarrassment to Ireland. Haven't read into that malarkey yet, but seeing Shaun King in the URL is making me hesitant to bother. Will read it eventually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Overheal wrote: »

Thanks for the link.

Which I read all the way to the end...
    Editor’s note: The above Instagram video has not been verified.

The finest standards of journalism. Oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

With all of the sports cancelled for the night, the Republican National Convention will probably get the biggest ratings of the night. Well done folks, they've played a blinder :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,680 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

MLB, NBA, MLS, WNBA (NHL belatedly) teams all making it clear that they are no longer going to put on a face and ignore the reality which many of their communities from which they emerged are experiencing.

For those who say protests do nothing, this would not have happened but for the massive display of public sentiment that the practices of police forces in the US are no longer going to be accepted. They are a force with a duty to protect, not to threaten or murder. And big business will not put up with their product being impacted in this way. I expect already there have been conversations amongst owners and executives around 'what will it take to make this go away' which is just another step towards some sort of real progress.

I said it before, Colin Kaepernick will have a major NFL award or training facility named after him when all is said and done and irrespective of that, if the stance that he took 4 years ago is ultimately going to be seen as a stepping stone towards meaningful change, we will be glad to have sacrificed his career for it.

MLB, NBA, MLS, WNBA (NHL belatedly) teams all making it clear that they are no longer going to put on a face and ignore the reality which many of their communities from which they emerged are experiencing.

For those who say protests do nothing, this would not have happened but for the massive display of public sentiment that the practices of police forces in the US are no longer going to be accepted. They are a force with a duty to protect, not to threaten or murder. And big business will not put up with their product being impacted in this way. I expect already there have been conversations amongst owners and executives around 'what will it take to make this go away' which is just another step towards some sort of real progress.

I said it before, Colin Kaepernick will have a major NFL award or training facility named after him when all is said and done and irrespective of that, if the stance that he took 4 years ago is ultimately going to be seen as a stepping stone towards meaningful change, we will be glad to have sacrificed his career for it.

Except the NBA are playing again and they didnt bother their bollox standing up for Hong Kong.

Weasel words from rich folk while peoples businesses burn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Fat Lives Matter

Athletes, sport stars should not let political issues get in the way of sports in any shape or form. They are sports starts here to entertain us, end off. Stop with the kneeling and all that bull****. I just saw on the news earlier about some kid in South Africa with down syndrome shot dead by police, now that is something that warrants anger and protests, not these thugs who weren't complying with law enforcement and a rakes of convictions. World is gone completely mad!

Athletes, sport stars should not let political issues get in the way of sports in any shape or form. They are sports starts here to entertain us, end off. Stop with the kneeling and all that bull****. I just saw on the news earlier about some kid in South Africa with down syndrome shot dead by police, now that is something that warrants anger and protests, not these thugs who weren't complying with law enforcement and a rakes of convictions. World is gone completely mad!

A more polite way of saying 'Shut up and dance'.

They are 100% right to be doing what they are doing. They're largely white owners and fans have reaped the benefit of their skills and efforts for decades, it's good to see them recognize the power and voice they have.

Oh that is absolutely very sad if you believe what you wrote.

The brave multi millionaires are going to not take abuse of marginalised people anymore. (Until it comes to signing a sponsorship for sweatshop manufactured goods)

The police do protect and serve. Are all of them perfect? No. But as a whole, they do.

Poor aul Colin didn't sacrifice his career either. He would never amounted to anything apart from an also ran or a mediocre professional. Now he has endorsements and a modicum of fame he can trade.

They are 100% right to be doing what they are doing. They're largely white owners and fans have reaped the benefit of their skills and efforts for decades, it's good to see them recognize the power and voice they have.

Letsbe real here,they dropped the whole thing once their pay checks were threatened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Fat Lives Matter

I'm sure the wealthy NBA players feel oppressed. They're just hopping on the bandwagon.

Oh that is absolutely very sad if you believe what you wrote.

The brave multi millionaires are going to not take abuse of marginalised people anymore. (Until it comes to signing a sponsorship for sweatshop manufactured goods)

The police do protect and serve. Are all of them perfect? No. But as a whole, they do.

Poor aul Colin didn't sacrifice his career either. He would never amounted to anything apart from an also ran or a mediocre professional. Now he has endorsements and a modicum of fame he can trade.
    JKnoxer wrote: »
    Letsbe real here,they dropped the whole thing once their pay checks were threatened.

Let's get real, a sport can alienate one player, they can't alienate all their top performers because that is going to devalue their product.

This is a seminal moment.

Let's get real, a sport can alienate one player, they can't alienate all their top performers because that is going to devalue their product.

All the NBA voted to play the play offs...so yeh,youre talking sh1te.

I'm sure the wealthy NBA players feel oppressed. They're just hopping on the bandwagon.

There are a maximum of 450 contracted NBA players at any one time.
    There are approximately 4,200 draft eligible college basketball players.
    That's in a country of 330M

I think every NBA player is only too aware of just how lucky they are to be where they are and even as such, many of them still have experienced racial profiling.

• Advertisement

All the NBA voted to play the play offs...so yeh,youre talking sh1te.

It must be frightening to see the tide shifting. Don't worry, it's not going to happen overnight, it's going to take a long time for the systemic prejudice that exists to change, but this is a step on the way.

many of them still have experienced racial profiling.

Are you for real?
    What a joke?
    NBA filled with white lads and poor black lads cant get a break!!!

It must be frightening to see the tide shifting. Don't worry, it's not going to happen overnight, it's going to take a long time for the systemic prejudice that exists to change, but this is a step on the way.

What would I have to be frightened about?

Are you for real?
    What a joke?
    NBA filled with white lads and poor black lads cant get a break!!!

Bless you, you think they live their entire lives on a basketball court?

It really isn't.

It's capturing the popular political and media driven position of the time.

Most of these performers don't give a ****e but it helps their brand to be looking like they care.

They are told what to do by their handlers.

To think that BLM is "changing" anything is ludicrous. All that is happening is furthering divisions and damaging perceptions that races are equal or the same.

What would I have to be frightened about?

You know, that sense that the lives of other people might be improving will mean that you must be about to lose out in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

biko wrote: »
    Mine was a double, almost triple, homicide.
    Was a standoff really the worst you could find?

How about these two that fit the same background of Lil Rambo? Angry, right wing, young, gun loving men.

Just the 32 people murdered by them and not a hair harmed on their heads by the police. They were even as nice to get one a McDonalds after capture....

https://twitter.com/KULTUREUPRISING/status/1297903741992144897?s=20

Bless you, you think they live their entire lives on a basketball court?

Basketball players who turn pro generally do tend to live the majority of their lives on the basketball court.
    How else in the fcuk do you think they become so fcuking good at the game?
    Jesus ,its like talking to 3 year olds.

You know, that sense that the lives of other people might be improving will mean that you must be about to lose out in some way.

Yeh,that doesnt frighten me.

• Advertisement

It really isn't.

It's capturing the popular political and media driven position of the time.

Most of these performers don't give a ****e but it helps their brand to be looking like they care.

They are told what to do by their handlers.

To think that BLM is "changing" anything is ludicrous. All that is happening is furthering divisions and damaging perceptions that races are equal or the same.

Never before has such a stance happened at the same time across different sports in the US.

You can try to convince yourself this had nothing to do with the awareness, support and sentiment which has grown, particularly over the last 6 months, it's happening, that much is indisputable.

Unless, maybe the stories that all those games were postponed was just fake news and they actually went ahead....

Advertisement