Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @shutup - don't post in the thread again.

@The_Dazzler - drop the ridiculous hyperbole. If you have an issue with a post, then report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It's ok for BLM folks to suit up and carry weapons tho?

Where did I say that?

Are you acting slow or do you not understand that carrying and using an illegal gun to shoot 3 people, killing 2, is worse than just carrying an illegal gun?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Fat Lives Matter

The media are the biggest culprits here, trying to instigate a race war.

That lad with the AR was just one

What happens when the tens of thousands of others have had enough?

I'm not sure you'll like where that line of thinking goes...

https://twitter.com/drakeu85/status/1299170590172078082?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 21,680 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Was it the media that said there were 'Many fine people on all sides.' after a white supremacist rally?

Was it the media who tweeted directly to people in states to liberate themselves?

Was it the media that told suburban homeowners that he wasn't going to devalue their communities?

Was it the media that said that protesters should be dealt with harshly?

Was Kyle Rittenhouse in the front line of the crowd at a media event?

Was it the media that said that 'they are coming to take your guns'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JKnoxer

Was it the media that said there were 'Many fine people on all sides.' after a white supremacist rally?

Was it the media who tweeted directly to states to liberate themselves?

Was it the media that told suburban homeowners that he wasn't going to devalue their communities?

Was Kyle Rittenhouse in the front line of the crowd at recent media event?

Can you not address the point instead of going,wah wah Trump

JKnoxer wrote: »
    Can you not address the point instead of going,wah wah Trump

I did address it, I pointed out the instigator in chief is the guy in the whitehouse.

Of course Tucker Carlson on Fox News saying it's unsurprising this guy had to step up when nobody else was doing it is also clearly inflammatory.

I did address it, I pointed out the instigator in chief is the guy in the whitehouse.

Of course Tucker Carlson on Fox News saying it's unsurprising this guy had to step up when nobody else was doing it is also clearly inflammatory.

You didnt!
    You cried...whatabout Trump...he did this he did that

Was it the media who tweeted directly to states to liberate themselves?

Was Kyle Rittenhouse in the front line of the crowd at recent media event?

The media love to twist things to suit there agenda, like they did when Trump said that George Floyd would be proud of the job numbers, they clearly twisted what Trump said. Same with Nick Sandman.. Fake News!

You didnt!
    You cried...whatabout Trump...he did this he did that

This was the quote I responded to.

If you can't decipher from that that I am of the view that the media are not the biggest culprits here, I don't know what to tell you, maybe a discussion Board is not the right place for you.

• Advertisement

If you can't decipher from that that I am of the view that the media are not the biggest culprits here, I don't know what to tell you, maybe a discussion Board is not the right place for you.

You never mentioned the media once!
    Maybe you need to review what you think a discussion board is.
    Whataboutery 101.
    And a bit of TDS thrown in for good measure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

If the young lad first thought is that I must shoot somebody throwing a plastic bag at them. He should not have access to a gun. I don't understand why there are so many white supremacists on boards. Embarrassing for Ireland really.

So because we don't instantly brand the lad a murderer for defending himself that in your head = white supremacists

Bravo that is prob the best mental gymnastics I've seen on here, and that's saying something you ve some tough comp for the spot!

Never before has such a stance happened at the same time across different sports in the US.

You can try to convince yourself this had nothing to do with the awareness, support and sentiment which has grown, particularly over the last 6 months, it's happening, that much is indisputable.

Unless, maybe the stories that all those games were postponed was just fake news and they actually went ahead....

I suppose you are right.

Nothing else in the past six months could have accounted for why sports were stopped.

Nothing at all.

But all joking aside, if you honestly think that multi millionaire sports stars are doing anything other than what their agents or PR handlers are telling them, you are sadly mistaken.

Handy that they can hold their protest at a time where it's inconvenient or detrimental to have sports taking place.

But sure... A drug addled criminal being mishandled and killed by a policeman has changed the world.

The media love to twist things to suit there agenda, like they did when Trump said that George Floyd would be proud of the job numbers, they clearly twisted what Trump said. Same with Nick Sandman.. Fake News!

I have added in bold the sources for the below comments. How did the media twist these points? Were they standing behind him with a gun to his back?
    Was it the media that said there were 'Many fine people on all sides.' after a white supremacist rally? Trump's own words at a press conference

Was it the media who tweeted directly to people in states to liberate themselves? A Trump Tweet

Was it the media that told suburban homeowners that he wasn't going to devalue their communities? A Trump Tweet

Was it the media that said that protesters should be dealt with harshly? Trumps own words on a released phonecall with Governors

Was Kyle Rittenhouse in the front line of the crowd at a media event? Images show that it was a Trump Rally

Was it the media that said that 'they are coming to take your guns'? A Trump Tweet

Nothing to say about the Nick Sandman coverage or Floyd speech eh ?

Keep your head in the sand

Your definition, which you didn't reference, is one that suits you.

The meaning with which I am using the word, and which I will happily reference below, is as follows -

It appears you just really, really use words which have meanings that you are unaware of.

I like how you jumped over the first definition from you source. It shows exactly what I was saying, to make him 'more human' not that he wasn't human before.
    make (something) more humane or civilized.

BTW my source was Cambridge, which is a far better one than google ;)

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/humanize

You do know you can humanise good things also? You can humanise a sports or movie star. If they aren't humanised they don't suddenly become not human like you claim I'm doing.

Going by your definition and warped logic, Lil Rambo didn't have a human characteristic until the poster 'humanised' him. You're talking absolute rubbish.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    How about these two that fit the same background of Lil Rambo? Angry, right wing, young, gun loving men.

Just the 32 people murdered by them and not a hair harmed on their heads by the police. They were even as nice to get one a McDonalds after capture....

https://twitter.com/KULTUREUPRISING/status/1297903741992144897?s=20

Yikes. Would you be comfortable putting any other race into a group like you just did there?

Do you think that there have been no black murderers that have been arrested and not harmed by the police?

It's a very skewed and not an accurate comparison.

Never before has such a stance happened at the same time across different sports in the US.

You can try to convince yourself this had nothing to do with the awareness, support and sentiment which has grown, particularly over the last 6 months, it's happening, that much is indisputable.

Unless, maybe the stories that all those games were postponed was just fake news and they actually went ahead....

It ll change nothing , there ll be alot of BLM laying cold on the concrete from the violence they are inciting that's about all that ll happen nothing good will come from the movement it's a disgrace, come back in a years time the same fundamental problems that are there today will be there then

BLM have alot of blood on there hands.Lot of lives ruined businesses innocent ones at that destroyed because of the riots they have caused , wrongly caused for that matter.MLK would be spinning in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Where did I say that?

Are you acting slow or do you not understand that carrying and using an illegal gun to shoot 3 people, killing 2, is worse than just carrying an illegal gun?

You are trying to frame the situation to present only side as having armed themselves, when a cursory examination would show plenty of such individuals marching with BLM. Such as those fine fellows who were shot.

I suppose you are right.

Nothing else in the past six months could have accounted for why sports were stopped.

Nothing at all.

Only someone with zero interest or awareness of sport would buy such a statement. All these sports have been playing games for the last month or so.
    But all joking aside, if you honestly think that multi millionaire sports stars are doing anything other than what their agents or PR handlers are telling them, you are sadly mistaken.

Handy that they can hold their protest at a time where it's inconvenient or detrimental to have sports taking place.

I think agents and PR handlers would absolutely love to have the power you think they have over these players.
    But sure... A drug addled criminal being mishandled and killed by a policeman has changed the world.

This point is key, because it once again indicates that for many here, it is the fact that the police killed a criminal justifies what happened. It suggests that it is ok that there be summary justice meted out or that something can be justified after the fact.

Police behaviour is leading to escalating tensions in engagements in which there should be no need for that to happen. That is why change is needed, not because of a single racist or unacceptable event but that like with any type of incident which results in a fatality, there are dozens more where it doesn't get quite that bad, hundreds, where behaviour is unacceptable but no form of violence results and probably thousands where prejudicial motives were involved to some degree.

There's a myriad of root causes and outcomes, but the central theme is that the system is not working correctly or fairly for everyone and needs to be revised.

• Advertisement

You are trying to frame the situation to present only side as having armed themselves, when a cursory examination would show plenty of such individuals marching with BLM. Such as those fine fellows who were shot.

I'm not framing anything, I'm stating facts.

Others had guns but the only person that murdered people was Lil Rambo.

You mightn't like the fact but it is exactly what I posted previously.
    You're ignoring the key point. Rosenbaum didn't kill anyone, Lil Rambo killed two and blew off another guys arm.

Nothing to say about the Nick Sandman coverage or Floyd speech eh ?

Keep your head in the sand

Now who is looking to twist?

If you want something discussed, put up a cogent argument to be either rebutted or agreed with.

If you want something discussed, put up a cogent argument to be either rebutted or agreed with.

Your horse isnt that high.
    Youve talked bollox all night and been found out.

The media was looking to twist, it backfired big time though

Cupatae wrote: »
    It ll change nothing , there ll be alot of BLM laying cold on the concrete from the violence they are inciting that's about all that ll happen nothing good will come from the movement it's a disgrace, come back in a years time the same fundamental problems that are there today will be there then

BLM have alot of blood on there hands.Lot of lives ruined businesses innocent ones at that destroyed because of the riots they have caused , wrongly caused for that matter.MLK would be spinning in his grave.

Given that you mentioned him, I have no doubt that if you were on a discussion Board at the time of his marches you would have been arguing against his premise.

In the same way that those activities in the 50's 60's and 70's didn't bring about immediate change or improvement, they ultimately saw progress.

The same will happen here. Eventually.

The first guy had a fecking plastic bag! 🀡

So the young lad should have stopped and hoped the mob would have mercy on him.? Only black lives matter are a ruthless manipulative mob that regularly holds racists hate speeches towards white people in white neighborhoods

No the lad did well he defended himself from a mob some they were armed with guns rather than plastic bags , he did some controlled shooting and hit no one innocent., Like it or not that's not the hallf marks of a mass murderer .

But the moral of the story is don't attack people and you won't be getting shot better yet don't attack armed people and cry when you get shot what did these darwins think was gonna happen?

Self defense is all he is guilty of.

Your horse isnt that high.
    Youve talked bollox all night and been found out.

Sure, Ok then. If you say so. :D:D

Lol.

Only someone with zero interest or awareness of sport would buy such a statement. All these sports have been playing games for the last month or so.

I think agents and PR handlers would absolutely love to have the power you think they have over these players.

This point is key, because it once again indicates that for many here, it is the fact that the police killed a criminal justifies what happened. It suggests that it is ok that there be summary justice meted out or that something can be justified after the fact.

Police behaviour is leading to escalating tensions in engagements in which there should be no need for that to happen. That is why change is needed, not because of a single racist or unacceptable event but that like with any type of incident which results in a fatality, there are dozens more where it doesn't get quite that bad, hundreds, where behaviour is unacceptable but no form of violence results and probably thousands where prejudicial motives were involved to some degree.

There's a myriad of root causes and outcomes, but the central theme is that the system is not working correctly or fairly for everyone and needs to be revised.

Is it your belief that the people that killed George Floyd did so because they were racist?

Is it your belief that the lad who got shot in the back 7times the other day was shot, not because of his actions, but because he was black?

Do you believe that white people should do better to help black people, or in other words, should white people acknowledge their superiority and privilege and give some of their privilege to black people so everything can be equal and white people can stop being so superior?

Do you believe positive discrimination is actually positive?

I'd be interested in yes or no answers to those questions.

The media was looking to twist, it backfired big time though

In what way were the media looking to twist, and how exactly did it backfire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Others had guns but the only person that murdered people was Lil Rambo.
    I feel we've been over this already.
    Can you point out where "Lil Rambo":rolleyes: has been convicted in a court of murder?

Advertisement