Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

So did this gaige guy, seems he has been in trouble with the law before and carrying a gun 40miles from he's home town, I'd say he was out for a drive an took a wrong turn, a gofundme has been set up for this scumbag ... crazy UNITED States of America

The go fund me has been shut down

https://twitter.com/WashTimes/status/1299096016747204608?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

Him having a gun destroyed two families lives.

The pedophile aggressively chasing a minor into a corner and trying to take his rifle from him has destroyed two families lives.

Stop virtue signalling.

The pedophile aggressively chasing a minor into a corner and trying to take his rifle from him has destroyed two families lives.

Stop virtue signalling.

Paedophile?:confused:

Now imagine the utter (rightful) outrage of the lefty liberal mob if a right leaning grouping produced a noose at a march or gathering. Lead story on every network.

This happened a few weeks ago at a right wing 'I dont like masks' protest (with a doll hanging that was supposed to represent the governor).

You were probably unaware of it because it didn't lead every network, it was barely mentioned.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1261137748225908739?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

And here we are legitimising racism... Such "idealogues" on this thread.

No, we are not doing that. We are not "idealogues" either.
    Racism is real, we can't wish it away, and for some people with racist views these events will make those views worse.
    BLM is a racist movement itself, so supporting them is normalizing racism.
    Sand wrote: »
    So why vote for him?
    Both sides support the BLM thugs.
    Yes, maybe, but one side seems to support them more. Or at least they refrain from condemning them.

• Advertisement

I recall similar certainty around the shooting of Michael Brown. Everyone was absolutely certain Wilson had gunned down an innocent man as he ran away. But Wilson was fully exonerated.

Now I fully accept that because Rittenhouse is white, the prosecutors and politicians will do everything in their power to bury him. But when you review his actions, they have very little to work with beyond the weapons charges which he will almost certainly take a plea deal for.

No matter how much Rittenhouse wanted to be or thought he was, he wasn't a cop. He doesn't have all the protections provided to cops that make it nearly impossible to prosecute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The first guy who was chasing the child was a convicted pedophile. Apparently the other two shot were also convicted felons but I'm not 100% on that.

Stop virtue signalling.

Great victim blaming here.

The only reason the situation occurred was a kid wanted to play rambo and brought an illegal weapon to break curfew into a situation where he was completely over his head.

The first guy who was chasing the child was a convicted pedophile. Apparently the other two shot were also convicted felons but I'm not 100% on that.

I was going to say "this can't be true" but it checks out. The US is such a ****hole. Still doesn't mean he deserved to be murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

RasTa wrote: »
    He loses his self defence argument anyway considering he had an illegal firearm.

That's not the way the law works. He doesn't lose his right to self-defence because he had a gun with him that he wasn't legally allowed to have.

• Advertisement

I was going to say "this can't be true" but it checks out. The US is such a ****hole. Still doesn't mean he deserved to be murdered.

Antifa attracts a lot of LARPers who are trying to compensate for their own self-loathing by acting out on the streets.

Looks like the kid never had a chance. What utter terrible parenting and if it was a black or brown kid this picture would be all over the media

https://twitter.com/NotHoodlum/status/1298697814449573888?s=20

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You can't separate all the pieces though.

Why not?
    You can't act for the shootings that he didn't breaks laws to insert himself in a situation where people would likely get aggressive to him

He broke laws by having the gun there but that doesn't give everyone the right to attack him for it. They didn't know he wasn't legally allowed to have the gun there.
    You can't ignore that the people coming after him at the 2nd scene were chasing him because he murdered someone. Killers don't get immunity to kill people trying to stop them.

That's the thing though. We don't know for sure that he murdered someone. The first shooting may well have been self-defence. And if it was self-defence, then the second and third shootings were justified as they were also self-defence.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Self Defense my arse. He had a gun. The protester that approached him was concerned for his safety and the safety of the other protesters from a kid with a gun. Turns out unfortunately they had a legitimate reason for being concerned for their safety.

The mob didn't attack him. They were trying to disarm him.

It may be naivety on the part of the kid but he flat out murdered and injured innocent people.

Nah, I don't agree with your version of events.

Hopefully he'll get a fair trial and then we'll know what exactly happened.

I guess everything depends on if the first shooting was justified. I've a link in a previous post where an eye witness saw the mob chasing Rittenhouse into a car park and cornering him. One of them tried to take the gun off of him and he got shot. That would seem like self-defence to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why does that even matter? No one has the right to kill felons who have served their time. And even if they didn't he had no right to kill them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Self Defense my arse. He had a gun. The protester that approached him was concerned for his safety and the safety of the other protesters from a kid with a gun. Turns out unfortunately they had a legitimate reason for being concerned for their safety.

The mob didn't attack him. They were trying to disarm him.

It may be naivety on the part of the kid but he flat out murdered and injured innocent people.

He didn't seem very concerned for his safety in the video when he was screaming and roaring "Shoot me n*gga, shoot me, Shoot me n*gga" at the guy who was cool, calm and collected and did not have the gun raised at all. Or when he attacked and chased him.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

America lately has become an absolute lawless hellhole..

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That's not the way the law works. He doesn't lose his right to self-defence because he had a gun with him that he wasn't legally allowed to have.

That isn't accurate in Wisconsin law. Being involved in criminal activity impacts your ability to use self-defense. He was illegally open carrying a weapon while breaking curfew.

As a result I'd also suspect if they get him on the first murder or on any of the charges of recklessly using his weapon then he loses self defense protection for the 2 other shootings as the crowd chased him.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

The tall guy with beard, black beanie and pistol in hand fired the first shots into the air as the first victim was throwing something at and chasing Rittenhouse into a corner. Rittenhouse turned after the first shots were fired and the first victim (who was registered sex offender for sex crime involving a minor) tried to grab his gun so Rittenhouse shot him

https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1298857915202314240

• Advertisement

Why does that even matter? No one has the right to kill felons who have served their time. And even if they didn't he had no right to kill them..

Rosenbaum's prior history of attacking children informs his intent to attack this child. It adds weight to the self defence argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

How people can justify this astounds me?

He is a murderer.

It's not murder if it's self defense.

A judge and jury will decide if he's guilty of that crime but you can keep hysterically claiming that he is a murderer all you want but it's not the truth at all.

It's your opinion and opinions aren't facts in case you've forgotten because there's a lot of posters that seem to think their opinions are facts.

This is the definition of murder too in case you've forgotten: Murder is the unlawful killing of another human without justification or valid excuse, especially the unlawful killing of another human with malice aforethought

The tall guy with beard, black beanie and pistol in hand fired the first shots into the air as the first victim was throwing something at and chasing Rittenhouse into a corner. Rittenhouse turned after the first shots were fired and the first victim (who was registered sex offender for sex crime involving a minor) tried to grab his gun so Rittenhouse shot him

https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1298857915202314240

Interesting - confirms Rosenbaum was highly aggressive and indeed a racist as well as a pedophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

Rosenbaum's prior history of attacking children informs his intent to attack this child. It adds weight to the self defence argument.

It's very hard to justify the self defense when you go somewhere where there might be trouble, and you do that by your own choice, and you bring a gun with the intent to use it.
    Maybe his victims were scumbags, but he's one of those too.

That isn't accurate in Wisconsin law. Being involved in criminal activity impacts your ability to use self-defense. He was illegally open carrying a weapon while breaking curfew.

As a result I'd also suspect if they get him on the first murder or on any of the charges of recklessly using his weapon then he loses self defense protection for the 2 other shootings as the crowd chased him.

Time will tell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

The pedophile guy died for BLM all his sins are absolved.

Similar to GF who robbed pregnant women at gun point his now been sainted just remember when your reading the usual suspects on here that this is who they martyr and support.

A child of 17 attacked by 4 men and the one they blame is the child for defending himself they would have rathered the child be beaten to a pulp with a skateboard and by a pedo than have him defend himself.

That's the level of BLM supporters on here that's what your dealing with

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He didn't seem very concerned for his safety in the video when he was screaming and roaring "Shoot me n*gga, shoot me, Shoot me n*gga" at the guy who was cool, calm and collected and did not have the gun raised at all. Or when he attacked and chased him.

And that exonerates him?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Why not?

Because they lead into each other.

If a group of people try to chase a person they see murdering someone the murderer doesn't get to claim 'self defense' to shoot all those people trying to stop him.
    He broke laws by having the gun there but that doesn't give everyone the right to attack him for it. They didn't know he wasn't legally allowed to have the gun there.

That's the thing though. We don't know for sure that he murdered someone. The first shooting may well have been self-defence. And if it was self-defence, then the second and third shootings were justified as they were also self-defence.

You can lose self dense if you're involved in criminality. You also can't knowingly provoke a situation and then use self defense, though you can get it back in certain situations. He also shot the guy multiple times, which is likely way over what would be deemed reasonable force for being chased.

Only if the defense can both prove Rosenbaum had the superpower of sensing that the person was under 18 and illegally carrying a weapon and that Lil Rambo had the super power of sensing the Rosenbaum's criminal history

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Because they lead into each other.

If a group of people try to chase a person they see murdering someone the murderer doesn't get to claim 'self defense' to shoot all those people trying to stop him.

You can lose self dense if you're involved in criminality. You also can't knowingly provoke a situation and then use self defense, though you can get it back in certain situations. He also shot the guy multiple times, which is likely way over what would be deemed reasonable force for being chased.

Except it was self defense from the very start he was running away and shots were fired and he fired back..

You can't alter the truth to suit your own narrative ,

The fact he was the one running from the mob started the events that took place which is categorically self defense irrefutable

Advertisement