Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

Your conviction doesn’t disappear once you’ve done your time. All 3 are, were, ex-cons.

Convictions also doesn't suddenly make it okay for a vigilante to shoot and kill you with a rifle. Also it's not even legal under Wisconsin law to do that regardless of the situation. Also the prosecutors clearly view the case against him as credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Overheal wrote: »
    Just like there is no proof Blake sexually assaulted anyone?

How many times do I have to say this but I don't give a rusty fcuk about Blake's criminal history. I have never mentioned it as a reason or justification for him getting shot. Blake got shot for resisting arrest and potentially endangering the lives of police officers.

But as has happened in other discussions, you aren't remotely interested in reason. You are ploughing ahead full steam with the assertion that it was murder even though video evidence points to the fact that it may have been self defence.

What would be your opinion if a verdict of self-defence was given in this case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

RasTa wrote: »
    He loses his self defence argument anyway considering he had an illegal firearm.

no he doesn't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Ha ha ha.

That sign is racist but a video of a sherriff talking about targeting a specific sector of his jurisdiction isn't.

Thanks, you've made your position abundantly clear.

It's you that has made ur position perfectly clear the mask has completely slipped now you attributed something to me completely on the colour of my skin.

It's clear to see who the real racists are here.

Self defense laws are rendered null if you are already engaged in a criminal act, which he was, by illegally possessing the weapon and carrying it illegally across the state line.

lol no it doesn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BattleCorp wrote: »
    How many times do I have to say this but I don't give a rusty fcuk about Blake's criminal history. I have never mentioned it as a reason or justification for him getting shot. Blake got shot for resisting arrest and potentially endangering the lives of police officers.

Not so much directed at you but at that narrative on the thread, which has been fairly prevalent, as there have been numerous arguments made in favor of the police by pointing out that he had a warrant out for sexual assault. It highlights a logical inconsistency with the notion that Blake was 'a child rapist' but Rittenhouse is not a murder, despite there being actual public evidence to support the latter charge.
    But as has happened in other discussions, you aren't remotely interested in reason. You are ploughing ahead full steam with the assertion that it was murder even though video evidence points to the fact that it may have been self defence.

What would be your opinion if a verdict of self-defence was given in this case?

I'm not getting personal, or litigating other threads. I don't have a dossier on you or anything. So I'm not honoring this line of discussion thanks.

Convictions also doesn't suddenly make it okay for a vigilante to shoot and kill you with a rifle. Also it's not even legal under Wisconsin law to do that regardless of the situation. Also the prosecutors clearly view the case against him as credible.

But it makes it ok for 4 ex cons some with guns to attack a 17 year old? Would you have rathered the 17 year old didn't defend himself and left himself to the mercy of these upstanding citizens ?

Personally I'd rather the 17 year old stay at home and not go out looking for trouble with an illegally possessed rifle.
    mynamejeff wrote: »
    lol no it doesn't

Not much of a rebuttal: how do you support your argument that this is not the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Total whattaboutery and has nothing to do with what these protests are about.

Black lives ending due to gun crime has nothing to do with Black Lives Matter?? Should they not rebrand as Certain Black Lives Matter then??

Not so much directed at you but at that narrative on the thread, which has been fairly prevalent,

That's not my narrative though.

Answer this question please. What would be your opinion if Rittenhouse was tried and cleared of the murder charges? What would your view be if the jury thought it was self-defence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pity the Gardai here didn't catch and shoot this fella when he ran off with his children after a domestic incident:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/sanjeev-chada-jailed-for-life-for-murdering-his-sons-1.1954831

I also wonder how many people defending the Blake guy would, with the other side of their mouth, claim to support the likes of Womens Aid after reading this:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/carlow-mum-kathleen-chada-whose-20940078

The truth is now burning thru clearer than ever, the video clearly showing self defense for the kid ,

The officers having eye witnesses say they did everything in there power before shooting Jacob Blake,

Trump has cleared the national guard and police to go in to these rights and there driving antifa and BLM scum out

BLM are being brutally exposed , sympathy is waning it, as they are caught up in more and more lying narratives .

And starting completely unwarranted riots aimed at attacking businesses and white people. As show here by the signs BLM posts on here and there fixation with blaming white people based on nothing more the skin color.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

BPKS wrote: »
    Pity the Gardai here didn't catch and shoot this fella when he ran off with his children after a domestic incident:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/sanjeev-chada-jailed-for-life-for-murdering-his-sons-1.1954831

I also wonder how many people defending the Blake guy would, with the other side of their mouth, claim to support the likes of Womens Aid after reading this:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/carlow-mum-kathleen-chada-whose-20940078

Well they aren't really connected at all....

Cupatae wrote: »
    The truth is now burning thru clearer than ever, the video clearly showing self defense for the kid ,

The officers having eye witnesses say they did everything in there power before shooting Jacob Blake,

Trump has cleared the national guard and police to go in to these rights and there driving antifa and BLM scum out

BLM are being brutally exposed , sympathy is waning it, as they are caught up in more and more lying narratives .

And starting completely unwarranted riots aimed at attacking businesses and white people. As show here by the signs BLM posts on here and there fixation with blaming white people based on nothing more the skin color.

Scum. Good on you for the the polarisation.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That's not my narrative though.

But it is the prevailing narrative in the thread, so it bears addressing.
    Answer this question please. What would be your opinion if Rittenhouse was tried and cleared of the murder charges? What would your view be if the jury thought it was self-defence?

Suppose that will depend on what happens. I'm not making any preconceived notions, having already detailed in this thread the systemic racism baked into the justice system, including the undue exclusion/methodical striking of black jurors that is in most cases permitted practice under the law.

Scum. Good on you for the the polarisation.

That's what I call people that attack innocent people's homes and businesses to further there cause. That lie and twist the truth and it ends up causing violence and deaths... That is a scummy thing to do.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    An unarmed man going to a car with his three kids inside versus multiple armed police. What bravery :rolleyes:

a violent criminal who was fighting the cops makes attempt to flee or get a weapon ie the knife that was in the car ,

best give them blm goggles a wipe

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

According to journalist and Pulitzer Prize winner Isabel Wilkinson in her book Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents and the Guardian article 'America's 'untouchables': the silent power of the caste system', systemic racism is insufficient to describe what is going on in the United States, and a more accurate description would be a societal caste system, akin to India's caste system, and that white Americans sit on the top of the American caste system while black Americans are on the bottom of the American caste system.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/28/untouchables-caste-system-us-race-martin-luther-king-india

That's what I call people that attack innocent people's homes and businesses to further there cause. That lie and twist the truth and it ends up causing violence and deaths... That is a scummy thing to do.

'Property damage while protesting a murder = completely unjustified'

'murder for property damage = 100% justified'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

According to journalist and Pulitzer Prize winner Isabel Wilkinson in her book Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents and the Guardian article 'America's 'untouchables': the silent power of the caste system', systemic racism is insufficient to describe what is going on in the United States, and a more accurate description would be a societal caste system, akin to India's caste system, and that white Americans sit on the top of the American caste system while black Americans are on the bottom of the American caste system.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/28/untouchables-caste-system-us-race-martin-luther-king-india

Right of the bar that's inaccurate, as it's East Asians who sit on the top of the ladder, not white people.

• Advertisement

What about the police who shoot somebody in the back 7 times?

But it is the prevailing narrative in the thread, so it bears addressing.

Suppose that will depend on what happens. I'm not making any preconceived notions, having already detailed in this thread the systemic racism baked into the justice system, including the undue exclusion/methodical striking of black jurors that is in most cases permitted practice under the law.

So, correct me if I'm wrong but seeing as you didn't clearly answer the question, I'll infer the following:

If he's guilty of murder, it's because he got a fair trial and the jurors made the correct decision.

If he's cleared of murder, it's because the jurors made the wrong decision because they weren't black. Am I right in thinking that?

Sounds a bit racist to say that non-black people would come to a different decision on guilt than black people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭hynesie08

mynamejeff wrote: »
    a violent criminal who was fighting the cops makes attempt to flee or get a weapon ie the knife that was in the car ,

best give them blm goggles a wipe

Thought the narrative was the knife was in his hand, now its in his car? Tomorrow it'll be that he was driving to his house, where he had a knife in the kitchen....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The former paid their debt to society, the latter has been freshly charged with crimes that will be prosecuted and tried.

The metaphors don't buttress your case. I never said anything about nailing him to anything.

The latter hasn’t been convicted of anything so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Right of the bar that's inaccurate, as it's East Asians who sit on the top of the ladder, not white people.

Donald Trump and the Republicans in the United States and their news media networks like Fox News would disagree with you.

What about the police who shoot somebody in the back 7 times?

There are certain times where that might be justified.

Personally I'd rather the 17 year old stay at home and not go out looking for trouble with an illegally possessed rifle.

Not much of a rebuttal: how do you support your argument that this is not the case?

this is boards mate

how do you prove your point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Thought the narrative was the knife was in his hand, now its in his car? Tomorrow it'll be that he was driving to his house, where he had a knife in the kitchen....

There are screenshots of the initial video which show what could be a curved blade in his hand as he walks to the car. Hopefully the investigation will clarify exactly what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Are you going to tell us what group he's being racist to?

Doesn't matter if the group he was referring to are white, black, asian, Indian or anything else.

To hold such a prejudicial view against an entire group is racist. Don't like it? Then don't do it.

• Advertisement

'Property damage while protesting a murder = completely unjustified'

'murder for property damage = 100% justified'

What murder were they protesting Jacob Blake wasn't killed ,

Thus riots were unwarranted and a result of lies and manipulation of the truth similar to what your doing right now.

4 men attack a 17 yr old initially for no reason they get shot that is self defense , did you just say you weren't making any preconceived notions about stuff in the post above lol

Again you don't get to decide the truth, the truth is what it is no matter how much you try to manipulate it.

Advertisement