Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cupatae wrote: »
    Hate speeches against white people random attacks on police and white people burning robbing and looting stores , targeting homes of people .. they are animals

Twisting and manipulation of the truth in order to further gains even if it leads to deaths and injury for the people they incite to riots , no regard for the pandemic currently happening .

Do animals engage in hate speech?

Do animals attack people based on race?

Do animals commit arson?

Do animals loot stores?

Do animals target homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Doesn't matter if the group he was referring to are white, black, asian, Indian or anything else.

To hold such a prejudicial view against an entire group is racist. Don't like it? Then don't do it.

that doesn't hold water. To be racist, one presumably has to express views against a particular group. Again, can you point to where in his statement he does so?

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    BTW where did i call them animals?
    act like an animal get treated as such, i dont care for your opinion.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

Right of the bar that's inaccurate, as it's East Asians who sit on the top of the ladder, not white people.

Lower crime rates than their white counterparts and higher earnings.

The white man really dropped the ball here to allow this in such a racist country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Overheal wrote: »
    And one way they can be "affected" is in their complete nullification because you are engaged in criminal activity :rolleyes:

No, they are not completely nullified. Under state law, even if you are committing a crime that provoked an attack you are still allowed to claim self defence from that attack if you reasonably believe your under threat of death or bodily harm and cant escape. Equally, you fully regain your right to self defence if you're fleeing from the attack provoked by your crime.

So there is far more too it than your wishful thinking. Stop spreading misinformation. It doesn't help the discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

:rolleyes:

So again where did i call them animals?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Do animals engage in hate speech?

Do animals attack people based on race?

Do animals commit arson?

Do animals loot stores?

Do animals target homes?

Wow just wow lmao that one really went right over your head didn't it lol

Honestly your just really selective with your truth and the context you qoute law, similar posting tactics and the other BLM defenders,

Ye have a "ahh its understandable " attitude towards all crimes provoked and committed by BLM and then a "burn em at the stake !" Attitude for anyone that speaks out against em or fights back in anyway shape or form even when they are being attacked.

It makes for tedious debates when people are so heavily biased towards BLM , even when they are blatantly in the wrong.
    I favour him going to trial and would hope he is prosecuted. Hardly an outrageous view. I suspect they will as there far more working against him in terms of his behaviour. Plus it's reasonable to view him as a public danger.

So again where did i call them animals?

I just showed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I have a question for the pro self defense crew.

In this situation, are the people inside this van entitled to shoot to kill every one of these Proud Boys and White Supremacists that are attacking the van? They are far more cornered and outnumbered than Rittenhouse was and they even tried non-lethal defense first.

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1297273725939675136?s=20

• Advertisement

Wow just wow lmao that one really went right over your head didn't it lol

Unable to answer the questions honestly I see.

I just showed you.

Can you read? Nowhere did i call her an animal.

You said she acted like an animal. You said she should be treated like an animal. You may think it's a really clever distinction but it's not, the net result is the same you want to dehumanize them and see them treated as subhuman.

I favour him going to trial and would hope he is prosecuted. Hardly an outrageous view. I suspect they will as there far more working against him in terms of his behaviour. Plus it's reasonable to view him as a public danger.

Prosecuted for what tho, murder is a fair stretch considering he was the one initially attack for no real reason which then lead to the cascade of events after it , you split here over anything else but to me it's clear cut self defense regardless of any niche gun infractions at the time

"niche gun infractions" lol the mental gymnastics.

You said she acted like an animal. You said she should be treated like an animal. You may think it's a really clever distinction but it's not, the net result is the same you want to dehumanize them and see them treated as subhuman.

No you are simply wrong, in your mind i called her an animal but actually its written here and in fact i did not call her an animal, you are simply wrong, just because your mind infers something doesn't make it a reality.

No you are simply wrong, in your mind i called her an animal but actually its written here and in fact i did not call her an animal, you are simply wrong, just because your mind infers something doesn't make it a reality.

You want her treated like an animal.

Unable to answer the questions honestly I see.

What you are asking is so stupid , you litterally misunderstanding what I said I purpose because you had no retort because what I said is factually true so now your playing stupid.

Again these weak tactics don't work on me I shred em.

You aren't make any sense. Are you ok?

Dig up man. You want her treated like an animal.

You are factually wrong, you have no argument, you mind is inferring all kind of stuff, if this went to court i would be cleared of such accusations, you are wrong, deal with it.

• Advertisement

What you are asking is so stupid , you litterally misunderstanding what I said I purpose because you had no retort because what I said is factually true so now your playing stupid.

Again these weak tactics don't work on me I shred em.

They aren't tactics they are a rebuttal to your argument and you shred nothing you ignore it. More attempts to dehumanize political activists and labeling them as animals.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I have a question for the pro self defense crew.

In this situation, are the people inside this van entitled to shoot to kill every one of these Proud Boys and White Supremacists that are attacking the van? They are far more cornered and outnumbered than Rittenhouse was and they even tried non-lethal defense first.

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1297273725939675136?s=20

If they were in the van? First person to try to open the door could have gotten a bullet and I doubt many folks would complain, I also doubt there would be a second person to open the door to shoot at.

You aren't make any sense. Are you ok?

aren't make any sense? are you ok?

Sand wrote: »
    No, they are not completely nullified. Under state law, even if you are committing a crime that provoked an attack you are still allowed to claim self defence from that attack if you reasonably believe your under threat of death or bodily harm and cant escape. Equally, you fully regain your right to self defence if you're fleeing from the attack provoked by your crime.

So there is far more too it than your wishful thinking. Stop spreading misinformation. It doesn't help the discussion.

Firstly, they aren't completely nullified. There is a good argument that someone with a gun hasn't withdrawn until they drop their weapon. He has to prove that an unarmed man was going to commit great bodily harm if he didn't shoot him 3 times (reasonable force) when he wasn't cornered.

In addition per a witness, it appears the first victim was acting in self defense by chasing Rittenhouse after he approached a person and threatened them.

The only person that is wishful thinking are those that believe this is a cut and dry self defense case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Why? Am I an animal too? Why are we trying to make this personal? Are you unable to stand by your own argument? It's okay if you wish to retract. They are human beings, engaged in political activism. They are not animals, and calling them animals is an effort to dehumanize them and justify treating them as subhuman.

the point is regardless of what is said what evidence and proof is shown you will ignore .

you have blind faith in what you are feed by left wing grifters and agenda toting idiots

a normal person looks at evidence and makes up their own mind

You want her treated like an animal.
    You are factually wrong, you have no argument, you mind is inferring all kind of stuff, if this went to court iw would be cleared of such accusations, you are wrong, deal with it.

admire his composure, i would admire a lot more if people on the left came out and admonished such animal behavior.
    act like an animal get treated as such, i dont care for your opinion.

The facts are right there in black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

BLM really stand with other people who stand by them!!! Radio silence

https://twitter.com/i/status/1299355762507087872

If they were in the van? First person to try to open the door could have gotten a bullet and I doubt many folks would complain, I also doubt there would be a second person to open the door to shoot at.

How about just spraying bullets out the door into the larger group that was attacking it? (From your earlier post I know you don't believe the self defense thing is cut and dry)

The facts are right there in black and white.

Facts are you are wrong, show me exactly where i said she was an animal, its in black and white what i said and yet you still try to be right, deal with it you are wrong, you have too many arguments here you can't keep up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If you didn't realize it how did they?

It's protesters shouting and screaming within inches of law enforcement officers. They were not arrested. Shouting and screaming at people is still speech.

I didn't say they did..??????

Still don't think it's nice or right, id have not complained if they were arrested. People shouldn't be abused while doing their job

Advertisement