Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas mass-murderer Ahlam al-Tamimi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Odhinn wrote: »
    We have countless numbers of well documented incidents when the IDF has targeted civillians and children. Theres nothing 'blood libel' about it.

Do you support the colonisation of the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem, Golan etc

Based on testimony that should be taken with a pinch of salt.

The occupation took place in response to the threat posed by Arab nations in 1967.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Are these the Israeli bulldozers that are outside Israel destroying people's homes?

Only homes in which suicide bombers lived and many of whose relatives condone what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Stone-throwing is thuggery. Those who were shot got what they deserved.

Wow. Bow out now your posts and views are just horrific.

You clearly have your own agenda here and are just stuck in your sick ways of thinking.

And answer the question put to you about colonisation above, I see you conveniently skipped that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

rapul wrote: »

You clearly have your own agenda here and are just stuck in your sick ways of thinking.

Leave him on. Let the world see how the racist zionist/fascist regime see the world.

And answer the question put to you about colonisation above, I see you conveniently skipped that.

Strategic self-defence in response to the Six-Day War, which the Arab nations started.

• Advertisement

Leave him on. Let the world see how the racist zionist/fascist regime see the world.

Ah, the "Zionist World Government" conspiracy theory - that old chestnut! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Strategic self-defence in response to the Six-Day War, which the Arab nations started.

Absolute bull****. 50 years later its still going on and would have happened on July 1st if not for coronavirus, are you in favour of annexing the West Bank which Jared Kushner and Bibi are going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

....being shot down by a military engaged in an illegal occupation and the supresion of the native populace.

Given the number of deaths caused by the IDF you'd be out of salt very quickly.

The occupation took place in response to the threat posed by Arab nations in 1967. .

Regardless, the occupation and colonisation of the areas are against international law.

As I asked earlier - do you support the colonisation of the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem and the Golan?

Only homes in which suicide bombers lived and many of whose relatives condone what they did.

Collective punishment is against the geneva conventions.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.yesh-din.org/Collective+Punishment/Collective+punishment+English.pdf

What would be the legal basis for this reprehensible behaviour?

Is this a common practice in any civilised country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

As for your comparison to Islamophobia, did the Muslim people as a collective group suffer what the Jewish people suffered in the 1930s and 1940s?

Innocent man shot

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7649189/amp/Leaked-footage-shows-Israeli-policewoman-shoots-innocent-Palestinian-fun.html

Told to shoot innocents

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/any-person-you-see-shoot-to-kill-the-idf-doctrine-which-causes-the-death-of-innocent-palestinians-10225904.html%3famp
    “The instructions are to shoot right away. Whoever you spot – be they armed or unarmed, no matter what. The instructions are very clear. Any person you run into, that you see with your eyes – shoot to kill. It’s an explicit instruction.” Instructions of this kind were given to soldiers of all ranks.

9 innocent civilians killed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-news/.premium-the-idf-s-excuses-won-t-help-it-only-war-criminals-kill-9-innocent-civilians-1.8195420

Plenty more examples of the I.D.F deliberately killing innocent men, women and children.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

There's peaceful protest and there's violent protest.

violent protest being something most countries are able to deal with without wiping protesters out in a hale of bullets, unless of course the country is either a dictatorship, or one engaged in occupation, colonisation, land theft and ethnic cleansing.

As for your comparison to Islamophobia, did the Muslim people as a collective group suffer what the Jewish people suffered in the 1930s and 1940s?

incorrect, they didn't deserve to be murdered.
    murder is not a proscribed punishment for stone throwing in grown up countries.
    stone throwing is stone throwing and quite rightly a criminal offense in grown up countries, however where people are being occupied and oppressed, ethnically cleansed and are having their land and homes stolen, it's perfectly legitimate and is at the bottom of the scale.
    yes, plenty of muslims suffered all sorts under various empires.

The occupation took place in response to the threat posed by Arab nations in 1967.

the testimony is fine, nothing within it that would give any reason to disbelieve it.
    the occupation took place as part of the policy of expansionism, the arab nations were no threat to israel, israel decided they were going to go on a rampage, the arab nations got wind of it and stepped up to defend themselves and quite rightly so.
    ultimately who started what is irrelevant.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

who lived or lives in the homes is irrelevant, the homes are outside the borders of israel and they have no claim over them or legitimate right morally and especially legally to destroy them.
    they aren't destroying them because of bombers anyway, it's about land theft and ethnic cleansing as we know.

incorrect, expansionism and land theft in responce to the fact that they just don't like borders.
    Ah, the "Zionist World Government" conspiracy theory - that old chestnut!

nobody has mentioned a world zionist government.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

They don't.

Israeli military operations are aimed at terrorists and the killing of civilians in those operations is unintentional.

I genuinely lol'd at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah that first part is ****ing disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself. Wind up or not.

When the state of Israel was founded in 1948 it was immediately invaded by the surrounding Arab countries. They had their chance to negotiate then and they chose to attempt to wipe Israel off the map.

Too bad for them that Israel was able to defend itself. Lord knows what would have happened to them otherwise.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for jihadists and their pure hatred for the Other.

When the state of Israel was founded in 1948 it was immediately invaded by the surrounding Arab countries. They had their chance to negotiate then and they chose to attempt to wipe Israel off the map.

Too bad for them that Israel was able to defend itself. Lord knows what would have happened to them otherwise.

Yeah, fùck those 10 year old jihadists, how dare they play football on the beach.

Yeah, fùck those 10 year old jihadists, how dare they play football on the beach.

If you are referring to the kids killed in 2014 then it should go without saying that it was a horrific incident. I strongly doubt it was the intention to kill innocent kids though. More a tragic accident.

Not that the other side cares much about their own kids, handing them sling shots and encouraging them to attack the israelis at every possible chance they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2017/06/israel-occupation-50-years-of-dispossession/

50,000 homes and structures demolished.

Part of Israel's racist, anti-semitic policies against the Palestinian people.

israel wasn't able to defend itself, they had to get help from the americans.
    anyway, it's all ultimately irrelevant and doesn't change the facts.
    arab nations have no obligation to negotiate anything with israel, israel must get back within it's borders, that's it, nothing more.
    i would suggest that it isn't actual gihadists you have no sympathy for, but rather civilians who you believe are lesser, and are automatically gihadists, presumably on the basis of their religion and skin color.

• Advertisement

If you are referring to the kids killed in 2014 then it should go without saying that it was a horrific incident. I strongly doubt it was the intention to kill innocent kids though. More a tragic accident.

These "accidents" seem to happen a bit too often don't you think?
    Not that the other side cares much about their own kids, handing them sling shots and encouraging them to attack the israelis at every possible chance they get.

Do you think Irish kids in the North should have been shot dead for throwing stones at the British soldiers stationed there?

i think we can say that it was no accident but was deliberate.

israel started all this by engaging in expansionism and not staying within their borders.
    the other side are this and that is just whataboutery because you refuse to condemn the actual aggresser.
    nobody ever said by the way that hamas are a great bunch of lads.

They were mistaken for militants.

They were mistaken for militants.

Says who? The people that killed them? :rolleyes:

israel started all this by engaging in expansionism and not staying within their borders.
    the other side are this and that is just whataboutery because you refuse to condemn the actual aggresser.
    nobody ever said by the way that hamas are a great bunch of lads.

Israel did not start this. They have been invaded several times in their history by surrounding countries and each time have had to defend themselves and annex some territory for strategic defensive purposes.

I understand the frustration regarding the West bank however I think Israel faced with such an existential threat has every right to do whatever it takes to protect themselves for the future, even if that means taking some land now. It sucks but faced with constant rhetoric about wiping them off the map driving then into the sea why should they wait for anyone else to take care of their families?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2017/06/israel-occupation-50-years-of-dispossession/

50,000 homes and structures demolished.

Part of Israel's racist, anti-semitic policies against the Palestinian people.

Wait are you accusing Israel of being anti Semitic? That is a new one. I guess they are Nazis as well is it?

Wait are you accusing Israel of being anti Semitic? That is a new one. I guess they are Nazis as well is it?

Not nazis, fascists.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Israel did not start this. They have been invaded several times in their history by surrounding countries and each time have had to defend themselves and annex some territory for strategic defensive purposes.

I understand the frustration regarding the West bank however I think Israel faced with such an existential threat has every right to do whatever it takes to protect themselves for the future, even if that means taking some land now. It sucks but faced with constant rhetoric about wiping them off the map driving then into the sea why should they wait for anyone else to take care of their families?

Israel, the European colonial project, started it by coming into existence on Palestinian land and ethnically cleansing 700,000 native Palestinians.

The Palestinians are semites.

Israel loves to ethnically cleanse Palestinians.

Ergo, Israel is anti-semitic.

Not sure what's difficult to understand. :confused:

Yeah, thats why all the apartment complexes and a few hundred thousand civillians are there - "strategic defensive purposes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Speak for yourself.

Ah ignore him/her. He/She probably couldn't even spell Jerusalem.

It's A-L [space] Q-U-D-S

Advertisement