Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Norris finally flipped?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Handy few bob for ex TDs the public rejected in the last GE while they decide if the want to run again for the Dail.

Or In the case of Timmy Dooley, a few bob for ex TDs the public rejected in the last election, and were then rejected again by the electorate of their panel in the Seanad elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have a lot of time for David but if he follows down this road with the rest of the sheep I will loose all respect for him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Ah come on it was easy to know what we were voting for, anyone who couldn't understand it must have been as thick as two short planks.

Easy for the average person to understand alright. But then again, 49.99999999999...............% of people are thicker than the average person.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Easy for the average person to understand alright. But then again, 49.99999999999...............% of people are thicker than the average person.

goes on about people being thick and doesnt know the difference between median and average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I have a lot of time for David but if he follows down this road with the rest of the sheep I will loose all respect for him
    does his letter writing to the isrealis on offical Seanad paper (give it the air of an offical letter) asking for clemency for his ,ate riding a 15year old not mitigate all the "time" you have for me?

What would he have to do for you to give up that "lot of time"?

In case you want to point out the legal age for consent is 16 and 15 isn't that much below it - Norris's pal was 40 at the time which is horrible stuff.

norris should have been thrown out of irish society for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

i voted to retain the Seanad I think it's a good thing for us to have.

We have folks like failed TD and lads dining out on state wages like Norris but we do get gems like Fergal Quinn too.

We were promised Seanad reform which I'd like to see. Personally i'd like to see Seanad being more independent and less of the party political wasteland that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

paw patrol wrote: »
    does his letter writing to the isrealis on offical Seanad paper (give it the air of an offical letter) asking for clemency for his ,ate riding a 15year old not mitigate all the "time" you have for me?

What would he have to do for you to give up that "lot of time"?

In case you want to point out the legal age for consent is 16 and 15 isn't that much below it - Norris's pal was 40 at the time which is horrible stuff.

norris should have been thrown out of irish society for this.

He did say that it was common practice in Ancient Greece for an older man to take charge of young men and educate them in the ways of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

gmisk wrote: »
    She is already an elected councillor and the chairperson for the green party I'd say she will make a run at being a TD, no need for her to go for Seanad at least not yet

True enough. And of course she has her partner's TD's salary to help her to make ends meet while living rent-free in the Mansion House!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"I cannot understand how anybody could find children of either sex in the slightest bit attractive sexually ... but in terms of classic paedophilia, as practised by the Greeks, for example, where it is an older man introducing a younger man to adult life, there can be something said for it. Now, again, this is not something that appeals to me.

"Although, when I was younger, I would have greatly relished the prospect of an older, attractive, mature man taking me under his wing, lovingly introducing me to sexual realities, treating me with affection, teaching me about life."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/may/31/david-norris-ireland-paedophilia-row

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

goes on about people being thick and doesnt know the difference between median and average.

I know what a capital letter and an apostrophe is though.

You are probably one of the people who got confused by it, wouldn't surprise me really if this was the case.

• Advertisement

You are probably one of the people who got confused by it, wouldn't surprise me really if this was the case.

well i didnt quote so i dont know why you feel the need to defend another poster.

And i do know the difference. which is why i made the comment.

and this is precious.

Not so great on singular v plural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

You mean he didn't flip when he used official Seanad paper to ask for clemency for his pedophile boyfriend? Or when he openly advocated for pedophilia when he said that the age of consent should apply to gays?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    You mean he didn't flip when he used official Seanad paper to ask for clemency for his pedophile boyfriend? Or when he openly advocated for pedophilia when he said that the age of consent should apply to gays?

Ooooh Matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Edgware wrote: »
    Ooooh Matron!

What he didn't do that or say that in an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

well i didnt quote so i dont know why you feel the need to defend another poster.

And i do know the difference. which is why i made the comment.

and this is precious.

Not so great on singular v plural.

You didn't directly quote me but it was my original post you were getting at.

You didn't directly quote me but it was my original post you were getting at.

i wasn't getting at your post at all. i was responding to another poster complaining about thick people and not knowing the difference between average and median.

Advertisement