Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I’m always in the untradeable camp on the basis of more is more although in reality most times it will be more is less. Still it’s all fodder at this point for the 82-88 SBC and hope you hit something big there

I've long since been the same.

Tend to choose coins early on, to get trading going.

But after a few weeks of trading, I prioritize SBC fodder. The chances of actually packing top tier cards is pretty low so it's rarely I'd be hoping to pack something useable anyway.

So it becomes quantity over quality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Just coming here to post that.

Both cards already had untradeable special versions, Verdi winter refresh through league sbc and belotti through storyline so keeps with ea’s logic of giving the same cards specials rather than having a bit of creativity.

If they upgrade Belotti's skills he could be a very tasty card to play beside Ibra in a Serie A team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Bundasliga TOTSSF SBC up - 84 and 60 requirements, pretty reasonable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

:)

EKdCUM3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Blarggh,,Sommer,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Did the La Liga one because I basically run a La Liga XI now as my main team. Lucas Perez. Massive, massive L

Was hoping for Sancho as he would have filled a gap but got Kimmich which is acceptable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Was hoping for Sancho as he would have filled a gap but got Kimmich which is acceptable

I'll probably do it despite having a La Liga team, got Sancho already, will prepare myself to get him again lol

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'll probably do it despite having a La Liga team, got Sancho already, will prepare myself to get him again lol

If you get him again I’ll take him off your hands :)

• Advertisement

Kostic from bundes sbc, not fantastic but least I avoided the low rated fodder.

Ginter from the Bundes and Gerard Moreno from the La Liga, I already have a red version of him. Wasting my time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I have one item on my transfer list lol.

A First. Please sell before morning rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hummels for me in the Bundesliga TOTSSF SBC.

I was a bit disappointed when I seen him pop up first as I noticed he was ranked towards the bottom of a few lists I'd viewed prior to doing the SBC, but looking at him properly, pace seems to be the only issue with him?

Slap a shadow on him and he goes up to 87 pace alongside maxing out the defending stats.

Looks like a much better card than he's given credit for to me?

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hummels for me in the Bundesliga TOTSSF SBC.

I was a bit disappointed when I seen him pop up first as I noticed he was ranked towards the bottom of a few lists I'd viewed prior to doing the SBC, but looking at him properly, pace seems to be the only issue with him?

Slap a shadow on him and he goes up to 87 pace alongside maxing out the defending stats.

Looks like a much better card than he's given credit for to me?

I got Kimmich but I would have been happy with Hummels or even Sommer who seems to be everyone’s arch nemesis :)- I was just glad I didn’t get a duplicate.

All in all done ok from the Bundasliga TOTSSF promotion.Got Alphonso Davies and Kimmich from the Guaranteed SBC’s, Hinteregger from a pack and Thiago from the community TOTSFF as well as the objective players Sabitzer and Thuram and Player Moments Kamada

93 Acerbi
    87 Donk
    88 Cacace

85 Ihiekwe
    92 Mandanda
    87 Alli.

Probably just use two high rated SBC fodder.

Rival packs were awful. WL packs got me 89 Werner, 88 Bruno and 89 Lozano. Will price check but probably enough to do another Icon pack anyway.

Has anyone done or is doing Belotti and/or Verdi. Probably leaving Belotti as I already have Ibra and CR7 as strikers but thinking I may have a nibble at Verdi although weighing up keeping players/coins for the Serie A and Lique 1 SBCs

WL Rewards:

Gold 2
    88 Hinteregger
    92 Junior Moraes
    88 Adebayor
    94 Salvio

84 Wendell
    90 Marcano
    92 Gabriel
    89 Benrahma

Saving packs until tomorrow.

I'm wondering if I can justify putting my Zidane into a United team for the weekend.

I want to run one weekend with a United team. But Zidane is absolutely carrying me right now and it hurts to leave him out...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I can justify putting my Zidane into a United team for the weekend.

I want to run one weekend with a United team. But Zidane is absolutely carrying me right now and it hurts to leave him out...

Of course you can, it will just have to be renamed the Utd past, present and those who played against Utd team :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

RIP - Menus lagged out a bit for me when claiming rivals rewards and double clicked to choose coins :(

Finally have enough points to enter the Weekend League now. I might give it a whirl tomorrow for the laugh.

It would be my first time ever playing it so I’m not sure what to expect apart from torture and an urge to break my TV! :pac:

I’m pretty much a win one, lose one division 6 player in Rivals.

What’s a realistic target for someone at that level to hit or is it just a waste of time even playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

perez spanish totssf straight in to the bundes one and got davies which im happy enough about can now get rid of mendy :D

btw lads, if you plan on doing upgrades when they’re back out, rares are back down to 650-700 coins. I’m gonna put a good bit into them, saves me coins when they are re-released.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Finally have enough points to enter the Weekend League now. I might give it a whirl tomorrow for the laugh.

It would be my first time ever playing it so I’m not sure what to expect apart from torture and an urge to break my TV! :pac:

I’m pretty much a win one, lose one division 6 player in Rivals.

What’s a realistic target for someone at that level to hit or is it just a waste of time even playing it?

Good luck!! This was my first year playing WL and I'm now a Div 4/5 player. Earlier in the season I was 6/7 but then I was getting 14 wins. I'd guess you'll get around 11-14 wins no problem.

Lord TSC wrote: »

FUT Donk just retweeted the word Labile (which is Pogba's middle name). Would a SH Pogba work instead of Zidane?? Could be coming today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Sold Ballack last night and brought in TOTSSF Thomas Muller. Playing him CM, looks a good card for that position with high work rates on both.

Managed to get Ibra last night too. Bought Lasagna's 86 card to complete the challenge and he did the job.

Got Sommer in the Bunda SBC. :/

Did Dembele and he’s quality, but I know I’ll regret it when they finally release Pogba and I see the price of him

Sold Ballack last night and brought in TOTSSF Thomas Muller. Playing him CM, looks a good card for that position with high work rates on both.
    /

I have his Ultimate Scream card.

I start FUT Birthday Havertz CAM, then usually sub Muller in around 70 minutes when Havertz starts to fade.

Very good card IMO. His passing against tiring defenses and long range shooting is very effective.

• Advertisement

Pogba and Kante are 2 of the 3 Summer Heat voting options for later as per FUT Donk.

The third should be known soon.

I'd hope Pogba wins, but that means an SBC? ****, that will be expensive. Might take a break from the Icon SBC to do it.

Even ignoring a United team, a midfield of Pogba, Bruno, Zidane sounds fun.

Ooh, that’s 100% gonna be Pogba winning it. Getting the fodder ready cos that’s gonna be expensive as hell.

Kyle Walker is the 3rd.

So 6pm Saturday he'll be out? Probably cost twice as much as David Luiz!

I wasn’t aware Walker was French? 🀪

• Advertisement

Thought Serie A would be next on the TOTSSF list but looks like it could be any TOTSSF player next

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1283696882489982977?s=21

Surely not a move by EA to get everyone to rinse their club so as to push prices up for the chance of getting a CR7 or Neymar/Mbappe in the Serie A or Lique 1 Guaranteed or before they release a Pogba SH card

Wouldn’t surprise me with pogba if they used multiple 84/85 squads rather than 88/89 squads as they know people have 93/94 fodder to plough into high rated squads.

Bet that TOTS pack is a viewer reward for this

https://twitter.com/EAFIFAesports/status/1283763495679533056?s=20

Wouldn’t surprise me with pogba if they used multiple 84/85 squads rather than 88/89 squads as they know people have 93/94 fodder to plough into high rated squads.

I think he’ll be a similar price to Dembele tbh - 3 84-86’s & 2 88/89’s

Meh, knowing what the end goal is, it would be much of a muchness.

Going to run through the Dutch and Turkish leagues, etc, to grab a few 90s. 1 disposable 90 surrounded by 80s is probably going to work out cheaper than a load of 83s & 84s.

• Advertisement

Ea tweeted this and then look at the guy who they quoted replying :D

https://twitter.com/willne/status/1283828765739671556?s=21

Ea tweeted this and then look at the guy who they quoted replying :D

https://twitter.com/willne/status/1283828765739671556?s=21

100% agree with the fella too... need more funds in career mode, pro clubs etc.

PES have a great game mode in their UT where you can join your pals and the computer, I think, randomly selects players from each squad and puts them all in one so you all play pro clubs style vs others.. honestly great craic with the lads.

I just noticed there are 6 Serie A summer heat SBC players available right now.

Ribery
    Rebic
    Verdi
    Belotti
    Lukaku
    Danilo

So wonder what we’ll see today?

I’d imagine this season will be very generous as it would encourage anyone still playing to stay engaged and possibly pre-order fifa 21.

If they were smart they’d put a choice of 3 ok icons as the mid season player reward (level 15 or whatever) and choice of 3 good icons as the end of season/storyline reward.
    People would stay playing and it’d pave over a lot of cracks for most if they ended the game with a top icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

to be honest I have zero interest in playing. I haven't even bothered with WL for past 2 weekends and its the same this weekend too.
    I've switched over to DayZ and its far more enjoyable than fut. I definitely won't be getting the next version.

Its really boring coming up against the same teams every game now.

Summer heat has given everyone high rated cards, but it's given everyone the SAME high rated cards. So every game now is the same squad. Variance is gone :/

Yeah I haven’t played wl in about 5 or 6 weeks either.
    When I think back now to trying to cram 10 games in every Friday, Saturday, Sunday morning it seems insane.

If I had more free time or if it was over 4 days I’d try play it more but at the moment I’m done, and that applies to fifa 21 too.
    I kinda hope they do nothing to entice me back as I’m enjoying not grinding this game.

A great way to increase squad variety throughout Summer Heat would be to do something so obvious it's incredible they don't.

They're currently using the Player Pick mechanic to allow players to vote for 1 of 3 cards and the winner gets an upgrade SBC, why not just release an SBC where all 3 of those cards are upgraded and through the Player Pick mechanic you can choose whichever one you want, that way we get more squad variety and more people are happy. If they want to keep the voting element it could even be that all 3 cards are 93 rated but at the end of the week the one that got chosen the most gets boosted to a 95.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Back at base so I chanced the two TOTSSF SBC. 95 Ter Stegen and Sommer. The proportion of goalkeepers is mad. I have at least 7 GK rated 90 or more. Contrast that to the LW where there is one in my club, Rashford TOTSSF....

• Advertisement
Advertisement