Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

EL Martial and Greenwood will be getting boosts anyway.

I’ve just realized...my initial reaction to fitness going was positive.

But I’ve now realized how it impacts quite a few trading things. Like, I relied heavily on bronze fitness cards for the BPM. Rare gold fitness cards use to be a safe money maker from SBC packs and the rewards too. Fitness was never an issue, and I’m not saying it’s a massive chunk of coin lost. But it is a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Not impressed with the removal of fitness myself, add to that packs will probably be filled out with tifos and other absolute crud then I'm really not impressed.

Icons is also the wrong term for that collection of players, some dross in there.

I was 10-7 I think after Friday's stab at the WL, couldn't even be bothered going back to it for one more win to get to 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The removal of Fitness is 100% an anti-player move to stop things like BPM.

EA say they're doing it to reduce the boring mindless consumable application between games but if that was the case then why aren't they doing anything about Contracts (which have to be applied individually rather than Fitness which can be applied as a single squad card) or position modifiers you have to spend 15 minutes trying to snipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I think the limit on rivals games is also a way to reduce rewards for players, getting rank 1/2 is very easy by just playing games but if you are limited to 30 games you may never get rank 1 again.

Scanning other changes too.

Training cards gone.
    Healing cards mostly gone. (Seems to say there'll be a general healing card, instead of ones for specific body parts. Not sure if training cards will work the same too)
    Special cards will have stat specific boosts (in theory, someone who gets a special "moments" card for hitting a mad volley will have their volley stats boosted in particular). Not sure if that applies to IFs.
    Co-op objectives (yuck!)

Custom stadiums beyond TIFOs. Music to play after goals, crowd noises and chants, etc. PYRO! Ok, I've got to be honest, THAT actually is right up my street. Looking at the video, being able to customise colours, fireworks, statues. That, I really love the look of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Scanning other changes too.

Training cards gone.
    Healing cards mostly gone. (Seems to say there'll be a general healing card, instead of ones for specific body parts. Not sure if training cards will work the same too)
    Special cards will have stat specific boosts (in theory, someone who gets a special "moments" card for hitting a mad volley will have their volley stats boosted in particular). Not sure if that applies to IFs.
    Co-op objectives (yuck!)

Custom stadiums beyond TIFOs. Music to play after goals, crowd noises and chants, etc. PYRO! Ok, I've got to be honest, THAT actually is right up my street. Looking at the video, being able to customise colours, fireworks, statues. That, I really love the look of.

Can’t wait to pay 10k for my players to be able to walk out to “campeones”.. 100% worth :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    New 89+ double upgrade out

Got De Gea and Chiellini from it

Stay well clear

I hate to be that guy, sorry.

Probably my best ever pack on Fifa. Obviously delighted but the fact it's mid-August and I will at best only have 4 or 5 weeks use out of him is a shame.

But it's TOTS BEN FREAKING YEDDER!!!!

67b43404bce006a6f95438044868d165.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Actually before I build the juve, real, Bayern teams if I get time tomorrow I’ll do another icon sbc, whatever player I get (no matter how good or bad) I’ll build a team from one of his previous clubs.

If they won’t give me content, I’ll just create my own fun :)

Moments Roberto Baggio, not quite what I was hoping for but not totally unusable like a Lehman.

Gives me a choice of inter, juve or Milan.

Might see what I can muster together for one of the Milan clubs as was going to do juve anyway so that’s cheating :)

This new thing they've mentioned about some Moments cards having stats based on their performance instead of just getting blanket upgrades is literally how all TOTW cards worked until like FUT 14 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Just pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition for FIFA 21 whilst I have a spare few quid.

Really looking forward to getting stuck into FUT from the off this coming edition.

Main aim is start building up coins and get into Weekend League as quickly as possible.

Sorry if I’m in the wrong thread to be talking about 21, but how long before release date does the web app go live for the new season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

won a draft and packed totssf vardy, handy 200kish last night, was thinking gold ronaldo up front maybe baby gullit(dont see any point in using this card when sissoko and pogba are ofc miles ahead of it) team is this atm https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/17627113 with greenwood going lw neymar cam mbappe st fati rw and sissoko and kante swapping in game. bruno/joao felix/totssf paulinho on bench.

guess i could go hard in the marketplace today and try make enough to get totyn mbappe as an upgrade but not sure :D

BrentMused wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition for FIFA 21 whilst I have a spare few quid.

As a heads up (because this is something that's caught me out once or twice).

On Xbox, if you pre-order the digital copy, they probably won't take the money till the week before the game releases.

I've been caught before thinking "I've got some cash spare, I'll preorder now". Then a few weeks latter got an email saying they'd taken the money on a week where I didn't have as much spare :pac:

Just released their Pitch Notes on FIFA 21 Pro Clubs, the "deep dive" as they called it is 2 paragraphs long and features exactly 2 new changes:

1. You can now customise your AI players' appearances so now you can face full teams named after famous dictators and pedophiles instead of just the user controlled players having terrible names.

2. You can now switch between multiple preset custom tactics in-game like you have been able to in every other game mode for the past 3 games.

That's it.

Only content again is another crappy lottery based sbc.

5 X 86+

I got a choice of 3 86’s and 2 87’s.

Only content again is another crappy lottery based sbc.

5 X 86+

I got a choice of 3 86’s and 2 87’s.

similar ended up taking 88 sterling, was only expecting toty mbappe after the last one these :D:D

TotW prices are messed up, I have a few to sell :

Ward Prowse 82 max Bin is 70k
    Zagadou 82 max Bin is 30k
    Patricia 85 max Bin is 32.5k
    Zapata 86 max Bin is 70k
    Aspas 86 max Bin is 40k

All over the show!

Ward Prowse 82 sold there for 59k bin as I'm not a rogue lol

Bought Prime Best 93 there a couple of weeks ago, tore it up to start with, faded. Swapped him in game, when I remembered, after that to ST with TotS Ronaldo going to RM - both tore it up. Now they play like they're zonked.

Just sold Best for a 60k loss. What other attacking icon should I buy? 1.5m in the bank, 1m spending limit. Ta babes.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Bought Prime Best 93 there a couple of weeks ago, tore it up to start with, faded. Swapped him in game, when I remembered, after that to ST with TotS Ronaldo going to RM - both tore it up. Now they play like they're zonked.

Just sold Best for a 60k loss. What other attacking icon should I buy? 1.5m in the bank, 1m spending limit. Ta babes.

the answer to this is easy forget the spending limit and launch the 1.5m into 3 icon prime and moments packs :D

prime dalglish or prime butra ? both 5 star weak foot, 4 star skills for kenny 3 star skills for butra, both have similar base stats slap a catalyst on them looks pretty good to me after it. butra is the cheaper of the two.

chips1234 wrote: »
    the answer to this is easy forget the spending limit and launch the 1.5m into 3 icon prime and moments packs :D

prime dalglish or prime butra ? both 5 star weak foot, 4 star skills for kenny 3 star skills for butra, both have similar base stats slap a catalyst on them looks pretty good to me after it. butra is the cheaper of the two.

Did one a few weeks ago, one, got Henry 95. He's super, not chancing my arm again lol. Did alright.

Edit: Can Kenneth play on the wing at all? I think up top is set in stone with Cristiano Henry up there. Tbh, I look at my team and don't see any improvement worthwhile.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Did one a few weeks ago, one, got Henry 95. He's super, not chancing my arm again lol. Did alright.

Edit: Can Kenneth play on the wing at all? I think up top is set in stone with Cristiano Henry up there. Tbh, I look at my team and don't see any improvement worthwhile.

personally i probably wouldnt play him on the wing, but with catalyst it looks fine stats wise all round so + 99 acceleration and sprint speed, passing stats are decent enough and agility and balance are good, no reason why he cant play on the wing tbh

https://gyazo.com/b42fd552dd1cf0a04345500e16a6b090

• Advertisement

2x89+ rereleased again, that's the fifth time either this or the 86+ PP SBC has been the content for the day. 2 weeks in to this promo and we still haven't seen any showdown cards or transfer cards, both of which were mentioned on the promo page.

2x89+ rereleased again, that's the fifth time either this or the 86+ PP SBC has been the content for the day. 2 weeks in to this promo and we still haven't seen any showdown cards or transfer cards, both of which were mentioned on the promo page.

Not even bothering to do it this time, sick of putting my high rated red picks into this crap value sbc’s because “there’s nothing else to do with them”

Every 2 of them red picks cost me about 8 hours of weekend league and then you trade them for garbage.

Not even bothering to do it this time, sick of putting my high rated red picks into this crap value sbc’s because “there’s nothing else to do with them”

Every 2 of them red picks cost me about 8 hours of weekend league and then you trade them for garbage.

I straight up can't do it, no fodder left and they're not releasing any player SBCs or objectives for me to get any.

Absolutely ridiculous that a pack with 2 89+ cards costs over 300k when a month ago we were getting SBCs for FIVE 88+ cards for 200k.

I straight up can't do it, no fodder left and they're not releasing any player SBCs or objectives for me to get any.

Absolutely ridiculous that a pack with 2 89+ cards costs over 300k when a month ago we were getting SBCs for FIVE 88+ cards for 200k.

Yeah it’s crazy, and at the time of the 5 x 88+ there was so many specials in packs you were almost guaranteed decent enough cards whereas now the amount of people packing busquets, de gea or koulibaly from these is insane.

An sbc like this should be 84 rated and just give everyone a little “reward” or worse case break even.

The icon sbc expires in 5 days, I’d hazard a guess that they’re doing all these to make sure nobody had high rated cards left and then drop a moment’s only sbc.

im guessing neither of you have seen the complete bull **** 81 rated squad for any totw/moments sbc then :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah it’s crazy, and at the time of the 5 x 88+ there was so many specials in packs you were almost guaranteed decent enough cards whereas now the amount of people packing busquets, de gea or koulibaly from these is insane.

An sbc like this should be 84 rated and just give everyone a little “reward” or worse case break even.

The icon sbc expires in 5 days, I’d hazard a guess that they’re doing all these to make sure nobody had high rated cards left and then drop a moment’s only sbc.

Burning everyone’s fodder before the Prem POTY and YPOTY SBCs id say.

83 rodrigo from rewards today, over the moon! What chem style would people recommend? And would morata or Diego costa be a better partner for him?

83 rodrigo from rewards today, over the moon! What chem style would people recommend? And would morata or Diego costa be a better partner for him?

95 tevez and some 91 rated saudi striker red picks for me, out of all the other packs i opened 85 james and 84 coman, oh and a shadow chem were the highlights :D totally worth it

The man who has tweeted roughly as much about fifa in the last 2 months as he did in the previous 8 months of fifa 20 has now turned off replies to his tweets.
    Such an engaging company!

https://twitter.com/fut_economist/status/1293938546714136582?s=21

• Advertisement

The man who has tweeted roughly as much about fifa in the last 2 months as he did in the previous 8 months of fifa 20 has now turned off replies to his tweets.
    Such an engaging company!

https://twitter.com/fut_economist/status/1293938546714136582?s=21

the only benefit from that looks to be the 3 days early access :D

got totssf griezman from 89+ pack happy enough although i was gonna get his FUT birthday and then decided on shapeshifter ribery as looks like exact same card and 100kish cheaper, so tots griezman rm now and ribery up front for wl.

Advertisement