Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Blazer wrote: »
    I’d happily take Kaka over R9.
    R9 is a major disappointment for me this year. Felix is miles better than him.

Ah yeah at this stage I’d imagine there’s a few better than r9’s mid icon?
    Or do you mean prime R9 from drafts or so?

Tried kaka, he’s good but knackered after 55/60 mins in cam.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Meh, they went the tots route. Although it is 4 90 or higher Tots players and no wins required in rivals so handy get.

Actually looked at this all wrong first, it’s better than a prime icon moments cos it gives you 4 shots at a messi, cr7 etc and if you get nothing you pretty much have a moments sbc covered anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ah yeah at this stage I’d imagine there’s a few better than r9’s mid icon?
    Or do you mean prime R9 from drafts or so?

Tried kaka, he’s good but knackered after 55/60 mins in cam.

All of the R9s were a major disappointment to me.
    I had his baby, mid , prime and moments and didn’t gel with any of them. With his medium low work rates you really have to bring him into the game.
    Ben Yedder and Neymar are miles better thanks to their body type and work rates.
    The only top tier Moments card I found excellent was Cruyff. All of his cards are amazing.
    I always regret blowing the Mbappe and Neymar coins on R9 and never getting Johan’s moments.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Blazer wrote: »
    All of the R9s were a major disappointment to me.
    I had his baby, mid , prime and moments and didn’t gel with any of them. With his medium low work rates you really have to bring him into the game.
    Ben Yedder and Neymar are miles better thanks to their body type and work rates.
    The only top tier Moments card I found excellent was Cruyff. All of his cards are amazing.
    I always regret blowing the Mbappe and Neymar coins on R9 and never getting Johan’s moments.

You had fun doing it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

tots casemiro and scream gameiro in the halftime challenge pack kdb poty will be mine tonight in time for weekend league tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

TOTS Gabriel and FFS Felix in the 90+ double and TOTS Casemiro in the player pick. All I have left in the club are 79s :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Took 93 TOTSFF Busquets in the 90+ Player pick for the chemistry. Other options were 90 Slimani (duplicate) and 94 Martinez from MLS.

93 Gerard Moreno (duplicate) for the third time and 90 Mariano from the 90+ TOTSSF Players Objective after completing the first two parts so just the squad battle part to do for the other two

Put them both into the Icon Moments upgrade and got 93 Desailly - any good?

Also finished the storyline and took Martial and did Herrera UCL showdown so that will guarantee me a 95 player as already did Alaba.

Did anyone do Arp? I’ve been impressed with him and he’s taken over from my stalwart TOTW Lewandowski in my Bundasliga squad who was still banging in the goals

Now down to my last 2 packs.

Just noticed the ucl showdown cards have 3 days remaining so you can just do whichever one wins if you don’t necessarily want both.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Robert Carlos in my fourth pack.

Given his price looks to be round the 1m mark, looks a decent win. Stats aren’t as good as Mendys tho. Wonder if he’d be better than AWB on the right, on less chemistry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Robert Carlos in my fourth pack.

Given his price looks to be round the 1m mark, looks a decent win. Stats aren’t as good as Mendys tho. Wonder if he’d be better than AWB on the right, on less chemistry?

Maybe try him at LB anyway? Whether it’s a notion to me or not but I always think icons outperform their stats for the most part. So even with less stats he still might be better than mendy.

• Advertisement

Man, I'd forgotten how annoying it can be when you dominate a game 2-0 and then end up losing 3-2, with the winner being your keeper miscontrolling a ball for zero reason and granting a free goal to the opposition :P

I saw someone describe Carlos' freekicks as if they have aimbot on and they weren't wrong. I've not scored any yet but hit the post three times when I completly screwed up the power of a shot.

4 90+ objective players

90 Brazil rb (Mariano I think)
    93 taglifico
    91 Ruben Dias
    94 Rashford

Fired Dias and the Brazilian into prime icon moments sbc.

Got nedved.

de bruyne finished last night and cost me basically time to do and made some profit, team for weekend league is

https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/17698557

changing to this in game

https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/17698572

going for elite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Has anyone tried TOTSSF Immobile and if so, what did you think of him?

Packed him in the objective packs.

If nothing else he’ll be handy for an Icon Moments SBC.

BrentMused wrote: »

terrible balance and meh passing looks ok with an engine tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Very weird we didn't even get a Europa League MOTM SBC, they even did one for the MLS mini-tournament a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »

I had him red and normal TOTSSF, both ****e. I usually don’t mind playing with clunky strikers as I got on well with Ibra and Lewandowski, but Immobile was just awful. Couldn’t run, couldn’t shoot, couldn’t pass. Binned both into KDB.

Very weird we didn't even get a Europa League MOTM SBC, they even did one for the MLS mini-tournament a few weeks ago.

Strange alright. They also haven’t readjusted the time on ucl showdown sbc, it still expires after the final is finished.
    I thought they’d adjust it at 6, it’d be pretty lousy if they adjusted it tomorrow but might do alaba tomorrow anyway cos it is ea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

eChampions League Invitational on Twitch - link your accounts, watch for 10 seconds and you might get lucky with a drop, most likely a kit pack lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Screenshot-2020-08-23-at-01-03-13.png

That was an enjoyable Weekend League. Plenty of goals, there was some high scoring games. Came out in top in some and lost a few. Most player's seemed to be just attacking. Didn't play against many drop back defences.

Mbappe was on fire throughout, going to miss that card in the next game. Edouard is a great foil for him.

Played 4-2-2-2, really love that formation. Set the CAMs to free role and you a have a great variation in attack.

I conceded 80 goals by the way :pac: Cropped it out by mistake and not because of embarrassment :D

• Advertisement

That was an enjoyable Weekend League. Plenty of goals, there was some high scoring games. Came out in top in some and lost a few. Most player's seemed to be just attacking. Didn't play against many drop back defences.

Mbappe was on fire throughout, going to miss that card in the next game. Edouard is a great foil for him.

Played 4-2-2-2, really love that formation. Set the CAMs to free role and you a have a great variation in attack.

I conceded 80 goals by the way :pac: Cropped it out by mistake and not because of embarrassment :D

that formation is soooo wide open all the time, probably the most annoying formation to use in draft after 4-5-1/4-1-4-1( worst for attacking/too defensive)

chips1234 wrote: »
    that formation is soooo wide open all the time, probably the most annoying formation to use in draft after 4-5-1/4-1-4-1( worst for attacking/too defensive)

Yeah it makes the games very end to end. Great fun though!

I’m 9-10 currently. Running the weekend very haphazardly to get some fodder on Thursday. Quitting games I can’t win, etc, to burn through it.

Using 5-2-1-2 but pushing my wingbacks up which throws some people off. Like they think I’ll be playing drop back deep cause I’ve five defenders but end up pressuring them, and having a wide distribution base. It’s fun.

Carlos’ freekicks feel like cheating. Have scored two of the five I’ve taken but hit all on target. He’s insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Loved 451 in Fifa 18. It was open but absolutely great fun to play.
    Have prime Costa who was a beast for me, potm Mane and the league sbc Quaresma at LM/RM.
    Would take me to div3 but I would yoyo up and down.i think the 41212narrow was the meta that year.

Ragarding the free kicks the curve your player can put on the ball can make a massive difference when you’re aiming off target. R9 has the same as does Trent.
    Trent took one shot for me where I was off by about two inches and I applied a crapload of curl and hit left on the stick and he blasted it in. Rocket of a goal.

Went from 13-13 to 13-17 :(

Just six games in a row with BD StMaxim, the mad skillerz who just walked through me -_- that’s frustrating.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Went from 13-13 to 13-17 :(

Just six games in a row with BD StMaxim, the mad skillerz who just walked through me -_- that’s frustrating.

That card caused me a few problems as well!

12-3 after yesterday losing 3 close ones 2 in extra time and one on pens, felt like i played ****e all day bar about 4 games so guess i'll take it, guessing i might just fall short of elite unless i start playing well, changing CL tott ramos for headliners varane as ramos high attacking work rates and me playing 8 depth mean he's barely ever at cb :D

edit: poty KDB 25 goals 12 assists in 15 games storyline martial 22 goals in 15 games and 7 assists loving both of them. also felt zero difference in 95 ter stegen and 87 winter refresh areola, starting to think you can just use any keeper 83 rated and above and all do the same job, also really hoping they fix the fact that goalkeepers are allergic to catching the fcking ball next year

A rare electrum players pack as the only content on the day of the biggest game in the football year.

A rare electrum players pack as the only content on the day of the biggest game in the football year.

spoiling us :D #preseason

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Really struggled on Friday, was 10-11 today before a 5 game win streak, hit 17 in the last game.

The CR7 KDB battle finished very close, only 1 goal contribution between them!

Moments Cruyff is unbelievable! By far the best player I’ve used this year. Changed every game I brought him on.

61-F45-FCB-5-A20-4-E21-8-A57-D3-DB3-E73-EDB0.jpg

Advertisement