Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Blazer wrote: »
    You’re right about him actually. With the engine chem he’s excellent.
    I have him up front with R94 behind him or Felix and he’s fantastic. Will be in my starting squad now.

Yeah I have the engine on him too.

Strong as an ox so very difficult to knock off the ball so using the L2 for hold up is fantastic for bringing your CAM’s into the game and if you shoot with him in or near the box there’s an excellent chance of a goal.

Also very effective using run to near post on corners. I scored 5 with him from corners with that instruction during WL.

I was a bit disappointed initially when I packed him in the SBC but have been delighted with him.

Probably one of those players who isn’t used much as he doesn’t fit the meta and as a result is really underrated.

Who do you guys find to be the best goalkeeper in the game?

I’ve been really disappointed with that 90 rated Neuer. Feel like he rarely, if ever, bails me out and all too often does that animation where he drops his knee down to try save the ball with his leg. Works great for him in real life but not so much in FIFA and at 80,000+ coins he wasn’t exactly cheap although he has risen again now so I could sell him at a profit.

Best keeper I’ve used personally would have to be RTTF Lloris who bailed me out time and time again but with my CB’s now I’m kinda stuck using a Bundesliga GK unless I sub someone else in from kick off.

I’ve never used TOTSSF Ter Stegen or Oblak but they always seem to give me the most difficulty when I play against them. That Ter Stegen card is half the price of Neuer now FFS and Oblak’s only a little extra than Ter Stegen.

I might sell Neuer and get one of the aforementioned subbed on from kick off although it feels such a waste using a sub on a GK from the off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

BrentMused wrote: »
    Who do you guys find to be the best goalkeeper in the game?

I’ve been really disappointed with that 90 rated Neuer. Feel like he rarely, if ever, bails me out and all too often does that animation where he drops his knee down to try save the ball with his leg. Works great for him in real life but not so much in FIFA and at 80,000+ coins he wasn’t exactly cheap although he has risen again now so I could sell him at a profit.

Best keeper I’ve used personally would have to be RTTF Lloris who bailed me out time and time again but with my CB’s now I’m kinda stuck using a Bundesliga GK unless I sub someone else in from kick off.

I’ve never used TOTSSF Ter Stegen or Oblak but they always seem to give me the most difficulty when I play against them. That Ter Stegen card is half the price of Neuer now FFS and Oblak’s only a little extra than Ter Stegen.

I might sell Neuer and get one of the aforementioned subbed on from kick off although it feels such a waste using a sub on a GK from the off?

imo goalkeepers dont matter mainly cos they seem to not be able to ever catch the fcking ball no matter what the situation, it pretty much boils down to the chances you give up, as long as keeper is 83+ it wont matter who you have in goal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Nice, very handy for Sane objective too if you’re doing it.

I’m running drafts now to start burning down my coins, but I’m losing a lot of steam to even do SBCs now. Weekend league over, so all he’d be is icon fodder and the effort is just about not worth it now,

Lord TSC wrote: »

I’m running drafts now to start burning down my coins, but I’m losing a lot of steam to even do SBCs now. Weekend league over, so all he’d be is icon fodder and the effort is just about not worth it now,

there is 2 more weekends of WL mate get em for the sweats :D:D

• Advertisement

another moments icon pack and its fat frank with 66 agility and 64 balance to put him into the prob turns like an oil tanker and completely unusable in game
    edit: boards forked again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Secured my usual Gold 2 in the last game.

That extension was a godsend as I was playing so badly on Saturday evening and again yesterday.

I was 9-10 going into today’s games. Bought Headliners Neymar and did Pogba’s sbc and they slotted in well.

TOTS Ben Yedder and RTTF Greenwood did very well up front but unsung hero SH Perisic is a fricking beast when he comes off the bench. He bailed me out a good few times.

Secured my usual Gold 2 in the last game.

That extension was a godsend as I was playing so badly on Saturday evening and again yesterday.

I was 9-10 going into today’s games. Bought Headliners Neymar and did Pogba’s sbc and they slotted in well.

TOTS Ben Yedder and RTTF Greenwood did very well up front but unsung hero SH Perisic is a fricking beast when he comes off the bench. He bailed me out a good few times.

how was it finding games ? im 11 and 2 atm need to finish today pretty happy i didnt have to get the rest of the games in last night :D

illicic and fernandinho from the 90+ double upgrade

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Haven't opened the new pack but if I get Acerbi one more time from these, I think I'll scream!!!

Completed Sane on lunch so may run a Bundesliga WL next week.

I'm 17-8 in the WL with 5 games to spare, I may see if I can get the 3 wins to get G1 this evening. I'm on an 8 win streak with 11 rage quits along the way, I wish every WL went like this... stats to follow when I'm finished :)

• Advertisement

Just did that Flashback Maituidi card which looks insane! For an 83 rated squad it’s peanuts for a card of that standard.

3 star/3 star so won’t suit everyone but literally all I want from my CDM is for him to break up play, win the ball and get it to my attackers so he should suit me down to the ground.

Looks amazing on paper. Looking forward to trying him out.

Pity he’s an Inter Miami player but being French is easy enough to link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Put my duplicate Michael Owen into the 2 x 90+ sbc, got Duplicate untradeable 92 Atal and untradeable 92 savanier.

I’ll fire them into another prime icon sbc later, if Michael Owen is waiting for me again to continue this vicious cycle I’ll................do nothing really other than come back on here moaning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Put my duplicate Michael Owen into the 2 x 90+ sbc, got Duplicate untradeable 92 Atal and untradeable 92 savanier.

I’ll fire them into another prime icon sbc later, if Michael Owen is waiting for me again to continue this vicious cycle I’ll................do nothing really other than come back on here moaning :P

Looks like I’m joining yis in the Drogba club.

I’ll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ter Stegen and Gabriel in my pack.. 3rd time ive gotten Ter Stegen :pac:

kind of half tempted to boot up and play some rivals for the first time in 3 weeks, purely for the rewards and fodder to recycle into the upgrade packs.

gold 1 again needed to win 3/3 for elite lost a close one at 21 wins 1-0, am just utterly **** at the game when it comes down to it really.

Hulk and SS Mertens from the pack, finished on 18 wins 11 losses, last two games I was the better player and should’ve won, took the lead both times one went to extra time, the other I lost 4-2.

WL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

TOTTSF Ramos and duplicate Ter Stegen in 90+ had been very week CB will take it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

chips1234 wrote: »
    how was it finding games ? im 11 and 2 atm need to finish today pretty happy i didnt have to get the rest of the games in last night :D
    Sorry only seeing this now. Yeah it was pretty easy finding games, mostly waiting less than 20 seconds after pressing find game.

5x 82+ 2x 92+ and a 94+ totssf in the code lol 100% gg club and coins

we will all have the top rated keepers in the game after the 94+ at least :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

5 x 82+ SBC is up, 82 squad with 40 chem.

Pozuelo 93, Insigne 93, Kane 89, Sarabia 83 and Diego Costa 83 from the one I completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Don't let that fool ye. I got base Coman, Mata, Bellarabi, Ramsey and Fabian. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Don't let that fool ye. I got base Coman, Mata, Bellarabi, Ramsey and Fabian. Ugh

Jeez I feel for you man - that is unbelievably terrible luck, still you can pump them all back in for another go

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Jeez I feel for you man - that is unbelievably terrible luck, still you can pump them all back in for another go

yeah these seem like great value and something decent to grind 82-88 upgrades into this.

FUT Birthday Guerreiro, Winter Refresh Van Aanholt, base Keita, Sigurdsson and Bonaventura from that 5 player pack for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Don’t really think it’s worth it since you’ll have to put a couple of 82+ cards into it anyway, not least just to get another Koulibalys or de gea

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Don’t really think it’s worth it since you’ll have to put a couple of 82+ cards into it anyway, not least just to get another Koulibalys or de gea

if you get a bad pack you just put them all back through it and buy 6 common golds that should cover the rating so youre doing it for like 4.2k if you get all golds and if you get a bad totssf just put it straight back in :D

lol these are crazy just got my best one yet tots ter stegen tots milinkiovic savic future star kone onana and tadic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Done two, first one was the best. 90 Slimani, 86 Schulz. Second got me Tadic + Buffon 83s. My club is proper gutted now... all that’s left is rare silvers and bronzes that I use for daily SBCs and a handful of 79-80 rated golds also for daily SBCs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Did that Thiago card this evening before it expired and just used him in a couple of games to finish off Sane. Maybe anchor is the wrong chem style for him but I find it very underwhelming as a CM considering the face stats. Anyone tried it?

Advertisement