Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    95 sczeney from the mega pack, nice, I guess I’ll be doing another icon sbc later as he’s an untradeable duplicate.

They do always say 15th time is a charm :P

Ruud in the 15th.

One of my favorite players of all time so I’m counting that one as a win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ruud in the 15th.

One of my favorite players of all time so I’m counting that one as a win :)

Nice one. Was using his moments card in draft today, so so good. Pity I didn’t have a formation with a CAM as I’d love to try him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Last few sbcs have steered me towards Serie A.
    Got Mandolas and the goalie Szczesny and then did Chielienni.
    Did the 94 and got Savic and then De Vrij from the 82+ So had to go Serie A
    Actually Mandolas at RB is awesome. He has the speed and defence to cover it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A very good night for me in terms of packs.

I got TOTS Aguero in the five 82+ upgrade. I then pulled TOTS Frenkie De Jong in the 94+ guarantee.

To cap the night off, I did a Moments pack and got Garrincha. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Goalkeeper pack again, got Oblak from the 94+ threw him in an icon SBC and got Nedved, doesn’t look too bad on paper. Has anyone played with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Goalkeeper pack again, got Oblak from the 94+ threw him in an icon SBC and got Nedved, doesn’t look too bad on paper. Has anyone played with him?

Haven't played with him but any reviews I see on him are favourable ones.

He isn't really meta but he looks a fun player to use.

Yeah I’ve used him as a CAM in my juve team, as scorpion says, he’s not meta but he is a fun player.

I’m just enjoying using different players like him, baggio etc without sweating results too much.

Prime moments Icon pack #16
    Socrates

That’s not bad, I’ll take that, although when the Brazil flag and CAM came up I was praying for dinho and hoping it wasn’t a duplicate kaka, completely forget about Socrates

Prime icon moments #17 Rush (duplicate)
    Prime icon moments #18 shevchenko

09-B7-A30-D-4400-4-E2-A-BDB9-6-B68-ABD4-E741.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

97 hurrikane objective and the moments loans for prime gold players pack and 3 small prime gold players packs "fodder, fodder everywhere"

chips1234 wrote: »
    97 hurrikane objective and the moments loans for prime gold players pack and 3 small prime gold players packs "fodder, fodder everywhere"

Did they ruin him with awful pace and balance?

• Advertisement

Did they ruin him with awful pace and balance?

haha,no not at all i just cant see many using him, it looks liek a really fun card i might even do him and use him in weekend league

4* wf and skills.
    Looks damn usable.
    I'm trying to figure out how to play Suarez, R9, Felix and Kane up front.
    Need to drop Griezeman and Di Maria but what the hell..game is nearly over.

Checked his stats, he'd make a great CAM with an engine on him!!

Checked his stats, he'd make a great CAM with an engine on him!!

looks lethal anywhere across the front 4 lw rw st cam :D annoyed i have to do him now wanted to get started on WL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Finally got around to opening some packs.

94+ TOTS: Duplicate Carvajal

Gold 2 Red Picks: Third MAtS & Lala

WL Packs: Assortment of 83's

Rank 1 Rivals (Div 5 I think) untradeable: Duplicate TOTS Oblak, Duplicate 90 Saul, 87 Luiz Felipe, 84 Ake, 2x85's

Decent run in the Rivals packs tbf. Did Meunier in the middle of it and will probably do an icon pack at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Been away for a week so been saving opening packs until back on console tonight:

Two 90+ Rare Gold players - TOTSSF’s Hradecky and Slimani (duplicate)

94+TOTSFF- Szczesny (duplicate)

Two 92+ Rare Gold players - TOTSSF Haaland and Cuadrado (duplicate)

Done two 82+ 5 Rare Gold Packs - first one best pull was a 83 Winter Refresh. Second one got a TOTSSF Kovacic and Winter Refresh Van Aanholt.

Accumulated enough fodder from these and other packs to do another of these later.

Also completed the Munier SBC cheaply thanks to throwing that duplicate Cudrado into it.

Just beat a fella with moments Gullit... both of us doing the Kane objective, he went up 2-0 inside 25 mins. I bring it back to 3-2 in the 88th, he scores in the 90th with Perisic and I grab the winner with literally the last kick of the game to make it 5-4 :pac:

I’d say he was throwing his controller all over the place.

Just beat a fella with moments Gullit... both of us doing the Kane objective, he went up 2-0 inside 25 mins. I bring it back to 3-2 in the 88th, he scores in the 90th with Perisic and I grab the winner with literally the last kick of the game to make it 5-4 :pac:

I’d say he was throwing his controller all over the place.

just got him finished moving up to div3 in process, gonna play some wl games with him tonight and see if hes better than storyline martial.

he's decent, another loss in my first 5 because connection goes to absolute **** when im 2 up and cruising to the point its just stuttering ffs

eidt: was on my end not the servers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Probably makes me sound like a grinch but I can’t understand why you can use loan players in anything other than friendlies.

Sick to death of playing teams full of loan icons the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

BrentMused wrote: »
    Probably makes me sound like a grinch but I can’t understand why you can use loan players in anything other than friendlies.

Sick to death of playing teams full of loan icons the last few weeks.

People putting to use those free loans accumulated over the last few weeks.. came up against a good few myself, TOTS Werner most notably after putting a hat trick past me.

i find majority of people using the loans to be terrible in general, but i def agree they shouldnt be allowed to be used in weekend league, rivals is fine to me.

3-4 in Weekend League after 7.

Horrendous start but I’m trying out a new formation (4-2-3-1) and trying to stick to it after being a 4-1-2-1-2 wide user for years.

Liking it so far mainly because Neymar as a CAM is so much better than having him wasted out wide, but still very much getting used to what to do when my lone striker receives the ball as I’m so used to having someone else alongside him as my first option.

Think I’ll leave it there for tonight as if I concede one more ridiculous goal to a fúcking loan icon I will explode! :pac:

The one thing I do like about Weekend League from a matchmaking side of things is that if you lose 2 or certainly 3 on the spin you really do get matched up with someone equally as terrible as me in the next game! :pac:

3-4 in Weekend League after 7.

Horrendous start but I’m trying out a new formation (4-2-3-1) and trying to stick to it after being a 4-1-2-1-2 wide user for years.

Liking it so far mainly because Neymar as a CAM is so much better than having him wasted out wide, but still very much getting used to what to do when my lone striker receives the ball as I’m so used to having someone else alongside him as my first option.

Think I’ll leave it there for tonight as if I concede one more ridiculous goal to a fúcking loan icon I will explode! :pac:

The one thing I do like about Weekend League from a matchmaking side of things is that if you lose 2 or certainly 3 on the spin you really do get matched up with someone equally as terrible as me in the next game! :pac:

be patient pretty much come back with it come out wide go back to the middle until an opening appears, jsut dont rush anything and it'll come good.

Good luck with the upgrades.
    Got Di Maria, Suarez, Savanier and a few others. Used some for the moments and got Keane and Van Basten.
    My heart when I saw the Dutch flag and it sank when I saw ST but I was then happy to see Van Basten. Plays nicely up top with R94 behind and Felix and Butra on either side.
    Bring on Di Maria and Greizmann and Suarez for the last 30 mins or so.
    Kinda cursing getting R94 which sounds odd.
    I much prefer Felix but he gets the goals plus you can’t drop the bollix when everybody would happily run you over to get him.

chips1234 wrote: »
    be patient pretty much come back with it come out wide go back to the middle until an opening appears, jsut dont rush anything and it'll come good.

Thanks mate.

Yeah I think to get to that next level I really need to improve my patience. On the rare times I do pass it around a bit more and go back/wide I seem to create chances far more often than not.

I’ve started to get a lot better with drag backs and ball rolls which is helping to create some more space too.

Thanks mate.

Yeah I think to get to that next level I really need to improve my patience. On the rare times I do pass it around a bit I seem to create chances far more often than not.

I’ve started to get a lot better with drag backs and ball rolls which is helping to create some more space too.

step overs/ball rolls/drag backs, also pass accuracy is telling at times too, if its on the lower side, you're gonna constantly not have possession because either rushing passes or trying too many risky passes/through balls but that is all patience as well imo its same on defence too if youre rushing players out of position constantly you're just gonna leave open space everywhere and make it easy for whoever youre against.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Got Kane done pretty easy in under 10 games and got TOTSSF Haland in one of the packs, is he any good or will I just use him as fodder.

I decided to try out telles and richarlison cards before trading them into an sbc and found them very good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gotta be honest, reading this thread made me realize if I didn’t use my loans today, I never will, so am putting them all into a superteam. ToTY Ronaldo for six games, PIm Gulliet for 12, here we go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Gotta be honest, reading this thread made me realize if I didn’t use my loans today, I never will, so am putting them all into a superteam. ToTY Ronaldo for six games, PIm Gulliet for 12, here we go

You’re dead right. I’m terrible for hoarding in every game I play thinking I’ll find a better use for premium items along the way. Don’t have time for WL this weekend but would do the same!

Advertisement