Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s entailed with becoming a food street vendor

Options
  • 30-06-2020 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So me and my mate were planning to sell pizzas, using this really good portable wood fired pizza oven I got during lockdown, on the beach whenever it’s sunny during the summer. We’re both 18, so obviously we have no qualifications or licenses to do this. What licenses do we need and are they expensive? What are the penalties for not having one and are they severe? Do you think we could get away with not having one???

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So me and my mate were planning to sell pizzas, using this really good portable wood fired pizza oven I got during lockdown, on the beach whenever it’s sunny during the summer. We’re both 18, so obviously we have no qualifications or licenses to do this. What licenses do we need and are they expensive? What are the penalties for not having one and are they severe? Do you think we could away with not having one???

You could try, but then I doubt your insurance will hold up if you lacking the proper certifications, aside from all the other penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭pgj2015

So me and my mate were planning to sell pizzas, using this really good portable wood fired pizza oven I got during lockdown, on the beach whenever it’s sunny during the summer. We’re both 18, so obviously we have no qualifications or licenses to do this. What licenses do we need and are they expensive? What are the penalties for not having one and are they severe? Do you think we could away with not having one???

Fair play to you for being entrepreneurial at 18 but start as you mean to go on, do it the right way and don't cut corners. it is as easy do things the right way than not. Also if I sold food anywhere near guys selling food illegally I would be furious and straight on to the authorities to have you stopped. You would be lucky to last 1 week selling food illegally.

Advertisement