Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline Kit ruins Wifi in the house

Options
  • 30-06-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I got Wifi in the apt. Its great all around except in the spare room which with Covid is now my office. Essentially the odd time il loose connection on calls as the wifi signal here seems to dip. Speeds are averaging at about 80/90mb.

I purchased a powerline kit (TP AV 600) with wifi to see if this improved.

Once plugged in and connected to wifi extender I will get speeds of 1-3mb.

Furthermore the rest of the house is affected with about the same speeds.

Once I plug out im back up to 80/90 mb.

I followed the quick install and pairing directions as per the instructions

Is there something I should have done differently ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

to add salt to my wounds my lan connection on my work laptop doesnt work and I wont get it fixed until I return to the office so i can only use wifi,

Any reason why the signal drops so considerably ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

skinny90 wrote: »
    to add salt to my wounds my lan connection on my work laptop doesnt work and I wont get it fixed until I return to the office so i can only use wifi,

USB Ethernet adapters are pretty cheap. I could give you one, if you can collect from Dublin 15.
    Personally, I found that 2.4GHz WiFi networks are so congested that you end up hopping from channel to channel very often, which leads to massive packet loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

skinny90 wrote: »

Theres no way you have the powerlines in reversed positions?

Advertisement