Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window lock on old style windows

• 30-06-2020 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭

The below have the old style of windows, and as the window is ground floor, I can't leave it open. Was wondering can anyone suggest a lock that will allow me to leave the window open, but be secure?

Would prefer to use the existing holes if possible, to avoid multiple holes in the wooden windows.

518330.jpg

518331.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Pretty sure you can get replacement pins, that are a direct swap for the ones already there. Pin has a locking mechanism that screws down from on top.

l_30082.jpg

that being said, there's nothing that will really make that window secure as it is, if you simply want to leave it open and walk away from it. if someone can get their hands underneath it and give it a tug, any fixtures will come loose pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mike_ie wrote: »
    that being said, there's nothing that will really make that window secure as it is, if you simply want to leave it open and walk away from it. if someone can get their hands underneath it and give it a tug, any fixtures will come loose pretty quickly.
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Apart from Window Bars (which the landlord won't allow), I doubt there's a decent solution.

Advertisement