Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning empty propane gas cylinders?

• 30-06-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    I used to have a gas barbque but its died a long time ago and I now have 2 empty propane gas cylinders that I bought yrs ago. I would guess that when I originally purchased them that I would have paid a deposit for them...
    I would like to return them and ideally I would like to get the deposit back for them, I checked with two local garages and they both said that they would take them off me but would not give me anything for them.
    Any ideas before I give up and return them for nothing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi guys
    I used to have a gas barbque but its died a long time ago and I now have 2 empty propane gas cylinders that I bought yrs ago. I would guess that when I originally purchased them that I would have paid a deposit for them...
    I would like to return them and ideally I would like to get the deposit back for them, I checked with two local garages and they both said that they would take them off me but would not give me anything for them.
    Any ideas before I give up and return them for nothing?

Price a full bottle with and without the empty to return.
    That's give u the value of them. Prob 10-15 quid each?

Lets say they're both worth 30 quid... Bang them up on facebook marketplace, done deal or similar for maybe 15/20 quid for the pair...

If they were the little blue campingaz cylinders (907) they're 30quid. EMPTY!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

BOC gases charge for renting out the cylinders. We got hit a fair whack in UL by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Read this thread earlier and afterwards was passing Walters Fuels in Watchhouse Cross when I saw a big sign for gas cylinders. Might be worth checking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

I can't see you get your "deposit" back from anywhere in the country.

Instead of Deposit think of it as buying the bottle once and paying for the refill.

Advertisement