Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown charges on my account

Options
  • 30-06-2020 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have two charges on my bank account that I do not know where they came from. The charges are NEPOSCHGGBP and P2606LU. Can anyone tell me what these charges mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

It's a transaction you had with an english firm and a charge put on your card for using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ColStu

DD1518 wrote: »
    It's a transaction you had with an english firm and a charge put on your card for using it.
    Thank you for your reply. So, which transaction was the charge on my card and which was the regular transaction? I don't remember any transaction with an English firm. If you could tell me what the names mean, that would be very helpful too. Maybe I did make a transaction and the name is confusing me.

ColStu wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. So, which transaction was the charge on my card and which was the regular transaction? I don't remember any transaction with an English firm. If you could tell me what the names mean, that would be very helpful too. Maybe I did make a transaction and the name is confusing me.

Have you bought anything online lately with your card it's most likely that's where it comes from. NE = NON European POS = Point of Sale
    CHG = charge
    GPB = Great Britain Pound

The P2606LU is the charge for the product you bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ColStu

DD1518 wrote: »

Have you bought anything online lately with your card it's most likely that's where it comes from. NE = NON European POS = Point of Sale
    CHG = charge
    GPB = Great Britain Pound

The P2606LU is the charge for the product you bought.
    I don't recall a purchase for whatever P2606LU is, I have bought something online recently but that charge is under a different name and I am pretty sure I bought the product in euro so there shouldn't have been a fee charge. I have already sent an email to BOI so hopefully, they will help clarify things. 

I don't recall a purchase for whatever P2606LU is, I have bought something online recently but that charge is under a different name and I am pretty sure I bought the product in euro so there shouldn't have been a fee charge. I have already sent an email to BOI so hopefully, they will help clarify things. 

That's what it's most likely to be from past experience hopefully the bank can clarify this further for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

I have two charges on my bank account that I do not know where they came from. The charges are NEPOSCHGGBP and P2606LU. Can anyone tell me what these charges mean?
    Hi ColStu, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

The information you would have received above is correct. 

NEPOSCHGGBP would be the charge associated with using your card online or at a point of sale in a different currency. I have attached a link here more information on our fees and charged for using your Visa Debit Card in foreign currency. 

P2606LU would be the transaction for the product/service itself. It indicated the purchase took place on the 26th of June. This could have been for a purchase on Amazon/Ebay etc which sometimes can charge in a foreign currency depending on where the seller is based. 

If you are still unsure of what this could be, you can certainly get in touch with our Customer Service Team. They can be contacted either by
    phone on 0818 365 365 (00353 1 404 4000- if you are calling from outside of Ireland), or by Secure Message on your 365 online account (on laptop/computer) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. Due to current Coronavirus restrictions, we have reduced our customer service hours and the team is available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement