Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K21 / NBA Live 21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Next gen report 3.

New badges, new my player builder (no more pie charts thankfully), new ai for better teammates and my team challenges specifically for PS5.

https://nba.2k.com/courtside-report/nba-2k21-next-gen-gameplay-courtside-report-3/

New gameplay vid for next gen 2k21 and also new wnbpa nice where you can create a female player and go through a career mode and also bring her online solely for female characters. Lot of dopes complaining about it already so it might actually be a good place to play online.

The new gameplay vid is showing off a new horizontal camera which is terrible, looks unplayable. The load screen though was 2 seconds compared to 40 on current gen.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New gameplay vid for next gen 2k21 and also new wnbpa nice where you can create a female player and go through a career mode and also bring her online solely for female characters. Lot of dopes complaining about it already so it might actually be a good place to play online.

The new gameplay vid is showing off a new horizontal camera which is terrible, looks unplayable. The load screen though was 2 seconds compared to 40 on current gen.

Hopefully this game irons out some of the legacy issues.

Also the shot aiming needs to be rectified to the current situation. I've had to play on All Star the the last while as you're going to brick nearly every shot on HoF unless its green.
    Doesn't matter if you're open and have a high shot percentage or loads of badges.
    Missing as many now than I did two months ago as I switched back earlier this week to try it again.

The aiming is just a mess despite how positive it sounds.

Running plays better be simplified as well. Having to hit 7 buttons is tedious especially when you're in the middle of trying to hold onto the ball.

They are getting way too complex with shooting. Next gen now has an arc system where you make a flat or high arc shot as well. So now you have release timing, aim and arc. Absolutely unnecessary. You can turn those off but they give a boost to shooting of you use them.

Next gen career mode and 'experience formally known as neighborhood' news should be coming in the next few days. That's what will tell me if i need this day 1 or not.

Speaking of, they announced next gen versions will release same day as the consoles they are on.

They are getting way too complex with shooting. Next gen now has an arc system where you make a flat or high arc shot as well. So now you have release timing, aim and arc. Absolutely unnecessary. You can turn those off but they give a boost to shooting of you use them.

Next gen career mode and 'experience formally known as neighborhood' news should be coming in the next few days. That's what will tell me if i need this day 1 or not.

Speaking of, they announced next gen versions will release same day as the consoles they are on.

I read the article and it sounded like 95% of what the current gen is.
    It just makes no sense, you dont need to time it but its difficult to adjust to the left or right off centre.
    Theres no real logic to what side it will be so you can either risk shooting airballs or use X and at least always hit the rim.
    They just penalised the buttons to levels that make it pointless online or on HoF.

Well the word was always that it would be available with the launch of the Xbox anyway, not sure if PS changed in that regard.

• Advertisement

NBA 2K21 next gen will be 72.59 in Argos. It was 80 in Smyths but went down to 75. Checked again there and price came down again to 69.99. Not sure if that's just because current gen is on sale for 55 but as soon as career mode trailer goes up, I'll be preordering it from Smyths.

The city

Instead of 1 neighborhood, you now have 4 all in one city. Looks cool but their servers were laggy and empty with just one hood so interesting to see how this is handled.

Cool that affiliations are back but not the mind blowing park they were building it up to be.

Blog about city

https://nba.2k.com/courtside-report/nba-2k21-next-gen-the-city-courtside-report/

Ffs lads, the only thing people wanted was matchmaking and they just give more of the same. There is a private court you can play on with friends, no waiting, no got next but you have to rent it. I mean seriously for **** sake, they find a way to give people what they want but charge vc for it, dirty *****.

Anyway, there are now mayors for each district (affiliation) who start as handpicked community YouTubers but only for a few weeks and will rotate to i guess give other ball suckers a go at flogging 2k propoganda. Probably keeps them for flaming the game after a few weeks of release.

Then there is getting around the city which sounds like a pain unless you have a bike or skateboard, yupp spending more vc although they said everyone gets a free skateboard and now you can do grinds and tricks. **** off 2k, i bought this to play basketball, not Tony hawk's.

The clothes shop is now split up into separate ships like puma store, converse store, new balance store etc to fill out the map because yeah that's exactly what people want, shake my ****ing head.

One promising part is everyone starts in Rookieville. Once you rep up to Pro 1, you get assigned an affiliation and get access to the city. You can go to the mayor's office (ffs) to file a transfer to another affiliation but your rep gets reset.

The worst part is it looks the same as park the last few years, just more players. Might as well have been watching the current gen reveal of it. Hopefully the career reveal is a bit more promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I hadn't scrolled down enough to see the second post, just the one with the video and I saw "Rental Courts" and thought, well done 2K, you've found another way to make people use money. Then I read your post. They seem to have somehow made it worse. And looks like unless the rep is based on the career mode, I'll be in Rookieville for the entirity. If I get the game.

Do you still have to go into the neighborhood to do training, or have they at least added an option to do it from the menu? Breaks my balls to have to run around the neighborhood in order to do something that affect my career progression! Or even buying the Gatorade boosts (if you feel like it), you should be able to do that from a menu.

It's not selling me at all tbh, so I reckon I'll wait until it's free on Now or +.

The Gatorade gym is still in the neighborhood. A menu would do but then you wouldn't have to run into a giant Gatorade sign and they would lose sponsor money.

Career mode info coming tomorrow apparently not doesn't sound anything special. You either play through college, g League, draft and nba. You can skip straight to nba as well. Whatever path you choose, there will be different storylines and looks like characters from every career mode so far will show up which just sounds stupid. I really wanted to buy this day 1 but I'm really on the fence.

• Advertisement

Still no official Career info and the game is out tomorrow. Someone found an achievement for meeting B Fresh in career, the worst character in the history of bad 2k career characters.

Watching some live streams this morning and City looks toxic already. You start in Rookieville, tiny area with just 4 courts. You have to rep from Rookie 1 to Pro 1 (3 levels) before you are allowed enter the city. It looks like you don't get rep from losing. Most guys already 85 which means they spent 60ish quid on VC to get straight to 85 and you have guys greening everything against guys who can't finish a layup. Absolutely stinks of making people buy VC to get a chance to get into the City. Agent and Grinding (who is gonna be first mayor in the city for Northside) have gone 0-10 so far.

Edit: Saying all that, I still want to get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Tried to order this on Smyths but unfortunately I was too late and it was sold out :(

I would surely have it delivered by the time the PS5 is out next week if I order it today from Amazon?

BrentMused wrote: »
    Tried to order this on Smyths but unfortunately I was too late and it was sold out :(

I would surely have it delivered by the time the PS5 is out next week if I order it today from Amazon?

Yeah, they only have so many available for preorder but shows they are expecting more on launch day (10th for xbox and 12th for ps4). I'm gonna check on thursday to see if they get them back in stock.

Watching this and he found an empty court which there are loads around the city that aren't part of an affiliation that you can just start playing and passing players can jump in as well. He went to play and it said he needed to buy a basketball from a shop first, he trekked across the map, found the shop and a bball is 25k vc. That's like 7 euro worth of VC to buy a basketball, in a basketball game..

Yupp, looks like smyths has this available for launch day. They had no copies yesterday for x series and now have 4 in my local shop.

Saying that, I'm leaning towards not getting it until it's on sale the city looks a pile of shyte, it's huge and even getting around in the skateboard looks slow. They took 1 big store and turned it 20 small stores to fill out the city. I watched more streamers just run around last night than actually play basketball.

Chris smoove has his first career vid up and people saying it looks the same as current gen career, no wonder they didn't release any info on it. I'll see how users review it this week.

Chris Smoove career video. gameplay looks fun story looks shyte. Only difference between this career and current gen is you can now choose G League instead of college with new cutscenes. College route looks the same except you can play 4 years now. In this game, he wrecked the place, easily player of the game and coach takes him out in the 4th to berate him for having such a bad game. If they are gonna script a story, at least they should nerf your character to fit with it but then no one would want that.

From seeing City and Career, I have zero hype for it but might still get it as I have a voucher for a game and would prefer to spend someone else's money on it when I know I'll end up getting it eventually.

Also, the way the devs said next gen was built from the ground up is a complete lie but no surprise there.

Chris Smoove career video. gameplay looks fun story looks shyte. Only difference between this career and current gen is you can now choose G League instead of college with new cutscenes. College route looks the same except you can play 4 years now. In this game, he wrecked the place, easily player of the game and coach takes him out in the 4th to berate him for having such a bad game. If they are gonna script a story, at least they should nerf your character to fit with it but then no one would want that.

From seeing City and Career, I have zero hype for it but might still get it as I have a voucher for a game and would prefer to spend someone else's money on it when I know I'll end up getting it eventually.

Also, the way the devs said next gen was built from the ground up is a complete lie but no surprise there.

I got a code for an Xbox through here so my plan is to get a loan at lunch and grab it in Argos this evening before they close(code expires today so its a tight make).

Not sure ill get to play this evening with the download length but it does look a bit different.

Seriously the current gen version is 99% the same so this looks more like a traditional upgrade in comparison.

I had spent my original 100k, the plan was to keep most of it but i ended up sinking it and saying that once my player was decent and the next gen was close id save my VC.

I think I've saved about 45k back up but hadnt played much lately and couldn't stomach more than one game a day for most of the release.
    Still gives me about 145k to build a player and ill likely build a dominating C again due to the shooting changes and some other issues.

I also have a lot of MyTeam built up just incase the game improved the 5v5 experience, so i was logging in and getting the daily rewards and opening my weekly packs.

Nice, let us know what you think!

The first 2ktv episode out has 2300 vc up for grabs.

Select any option - 2kTV apparel item
    Select any option - 100vc
    6 weeks - 200vc
    12 - 200vc
    Select and option - 100vc
    Zion Williamson - 200vc
    22 - 200vc
    24 - 200vc
    33,643 - 200vc
    3 - 200vc
    4 - 200vc

• Advertisement

This is the same career story is it not?.

I thought there was a different story. But the opening scene and characters look identical to me.

This is the same career story is it not?.

I thought there was a different story. But the opening scene and characters look identical to me.

Only difference is if you choose g League, you're teammates are all old 2k career rejects. Apparently, some new cutscenes in college but more or less the same from what I've been reading.

Only difference is if you choose g League, you're teammates are all old 2k career rejects. Apparently, some new cutscenes in college but more or less the same from what I've been reading.

I didn't even see any option for that.

I loaded the career and it was the same story as last time with 4 games to play.

I finished the first and saw that video shows he has 10 games to play.
    So i skipped to the NBA but im in the actual NBA so I'm confused as to how you get into that.

The best thing to do anyway is to get the first season done ASAP, maxing the story only gives you a certain boost. Your main boost comes after the first season contract so i just play enough of season 1 to become a starter and get season two going with the higher salary.

Its definitely more of a jump than the current gen. Core engine remains but feels new.

Made a PF first in Zion comparison. The builder isnt as restrictive now so there might be some weird builds that dominate ie big and shooting/fast

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Your last few comments and videos Zero have made me definitely wait until it's either a fiver or free. Sounds dreadful. They've already confirmed you can't carry over the save of 21 from 4 to 5, so I don't think my 2K20 Career save will. Pure money grabbing is all this sounds like, now with shinier graphics. Shame, 2K have better gameplay than Live (imo) but the rest is just toxic.

Man i really hope we get a Live 22. I know one of the big devs who went from Live to 2K is now back at EA so hope that's what they're doing. As for this, Career doesn't look enticing, City looks toxic and boring to get around. With my team, I've been more interested in collecting cards than actually playing with them last few years. Tbh, the wnba career and online sounds the most fun to me.

Saying that, i still might get it at launch even though i should probably wait for a sale.

What type of build do you usually go for with your MyPlayer guys or any tips on what to go for? :)

BrentMused wrote: »
    What type of build do you usually go for with your MyPlayer guys or any tips on what to go for? :)

All depends how you want to play.

I was going to make another large C, as online the lag makes shooting a lottery. Additionally theyve changed the shooting so you'll miss considerably more using the button now.

When i went to build a player I ended up making a PF that had an 84 mid range/high 70s 3 pointer, with decent rebounding and driving ability.

Hes 6'9 so a few inches smaller than standard. I was watching a video that gave a comparision to AD but the guy was leaving some stats on the minimum ie 25 and i just can't have some that low so my build ended up being like Zion.

I came up against a genuine C in the park and he wiped me on the boards and dunked over me from standing a few times.

Maybe i should have just made a player like that as you're not as reliant on poor teammates but the VC was pumped in bulk.

I did get a large number of badges with the build though, 50 odd which is the main thing to a build.

I might go back and make a PG next but I'm committed to the PF now as he has over 150k put into him.

Each year i do the same, i go with PG, 6'3 or 6'4, slasher build so max handles, speed, driving, finishing. Not a shooting build but able to hit open 3's. My main playstyle is breaking down a defender, drawing in another one and then hitting the open man or drive to hoop if I'm clear. That's what i find most fun anyway :)

Just played a 5 v 5 in MyTeam.

All I'll say is WOW. Complete joke and I wont play 5v5 again.

I won't say its a huge issue because its really simple. The shooting is beyond a joke.

You will miss WIDE OPEN layups with 90+ players for some weird reason. Im not talking about driving shots that were always prone to miss. I mean you're unchallenged and you get a slightly late or a late and you miss.
    I don't think i got anything that wasnt a dunk.

I rage quit at 3rd quarter time down 7. No point when both jumpers and layups are just missing over and over.

The guy hadnt a CLUE how to play yet he could still hammer me as all he would do was shoot a telegraphed 3 and while he only got 7:21 from the screen shot i took at 40-32 it was still better than the return i was getting from my 14:40 shooting that only had 8 3s.
    He wad literally just walking with the ball, stopping and shooting a 3 and its still a better tactic than shooting an open lay up.

Ill check the 2kU to see am i missing something but its even worse than the current gen as i only found the jumpers were penalised whereas here these layups are just constantly missing(i played a few park and 2 career last night and didnt notice this issue in MyPlayer).

To add insult to injury he was wearing a light grey and i white which just made things even more awkward.

That game would have been fine had that one aspect being different so they can easily fix this.

Edit: i just rewatched a clip i made where AD missed an uncontested lay up from under the rim and theres a little green arrow on the top and it went to the right edge of the bar. So there appears to be some kind of lay up aiming despite using the button and having aiming off.

• Advertisement

Did you try turning off layup timing? I saw a stream the other night where no lay ups were going in on park and they messed with the settings. Got some then but still missing wide open ones as well.

Advertisement