Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

40% of people have filled out forms incorrectly. So 40% broke the law?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,838 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Is he actually for real?? Ah no Gardai have raised concerns at all have they. Utter sh1t show

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1282719460835627008?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

All others on flights coming from the states, Europeans and Irish citizens have the 2 week self isolation as is in place now.
    Yes I know that. That's my point, go in line with the EU policy of allowing travel within the EU. Same policy also bans Americans on non essential trips

i read that as "2 week self isoaltion coming from Europe" as being after the 20th, presuming these fooktards release a green belt list ont he 20th.

Is he actually for real?? Ah no Gardai have raised concerns at all have they. Utter sh1t show

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1282719460835627008?s=19
    If I wasn't laughing I'd be crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Gruffalox wrote: »
    This is such a fcuk of a thing. I know people will start the usual guff about how some love doom, and stories like these should not be posted and what are ya gonna do? Live under a rock etc etc and that some are wetting themselves about how bad things could be etc, all of which is bullsh1t, as none of us want this absolute fcuk of a thing in our midst. None of us.
    I have been seeing stories recently about long term effects of even so-called mild doses. I think it is just hard for people to accept or even contemplate that this new cause of very unpleasant morbidity is here with us now. And there is really feck all we can do about it. We actually cannot go around forever in masks or socially distancing. This is our new TB or Polio. It is horrible that this is true. Damn this thing.

Our government had to do their bit and stop inviting potential cases of covid into our country from travellers.

This article could be used to highlight the dangers of the virus.

There is stuff we can do to minimise this. We need the whole population to be on board to follow the guideline on hygiene. We need mask wearing in public indoor places. We need to avoid crowds. Maintain social distancing. Continuing working from home. Move more towards online shopping to avoid bricks and mortar shops and public. Keep life low key. I know people eager to go back to the way life was. As in out every weekend getting plastered. Ask yourself is it really worth it. Maybe instead of going our every weekend, go out once a month. Pick up some quite hobbies and keep the head down for a few months. I have faith in the London vaccine. We will know more on the vaccine in a few more weeks and then it will be a wait for another few more months.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i read that as "2 week self isoaltion coming from Europe" as being after the 20th, presuming these fooktards release a green belt list ont he 20th.

Sorry no, I mightn't have made it clear. I've no issue with travel within the EU and banning non essential trips from countries that aren't on the EU list.

I'd like us to adopt the EU policy as it stands today, no quarantine on intra EU travel as per EU policy

• Advertisement

0 new deaths

11 additional cases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I think this must be week 5 that we have heard this promise of “green list will be announced NEXT WEEK” ... incompetence is springing to my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

If they do what is needed to airports and travel into the country, what then happens to airport/airline workers currently on PUP?

0 deaths 11 new cases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

0 new deaths

11 additional cases
    Good news to start the new week.

Cases back down again last two days now. Clusters under control. Fair play to the public health teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

copeyhagen wrote: »
    Be Thursday or Friday I'd say as 20th is the last phase and they need to make the call. As there was no Dame Lane Part Deux this weekend, pubs should get the go-ahead.

Cases back down again last two days now. Clusters under control. Fair play to the public health teams.

Very quick tracing of clusters it appears

Must have found the last of the stragglers from the house parties!

Travel cases from:
    Afghanistan, Bangladesh, France, Germany, India, Iraq, Malaysia, Pakistan, Portugal, Qatar, Sudan, Sweden, Ukraine, UAE, US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

whats happening with the health briefings are they still on Mondays and Thursdays I usually watch on facebook but they dont ping up anymore to say there on

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Great to have no deaths again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Sorry no, I mightn't have made it clear. I've no issue with travel within the EU and banning non essential trips from countries that aren't on the EU list.

I'd like us to adopt the EU policy as it stands today, no quarantine on intra EU travel as per EU policy

Totally agree. There are companies with non-office based staff that require to travel within the EU for example prospecting or delicate face to face sales. They can travel within the EU and observe the regulations and be as safe as travelling Ireland (considering the American tourists viral infestation)

Travel cases from:
    Afghanistan, Bangladesh, France, Germany, India, Iraq, Malaysia, Pakistan, Portugal, Qatar, Sudan, Sweden, Ukraine, UAE, US.

Was there UK too I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

shinzon wrote: »
    whats happening with the health briefings are they still on Mondays and Thursdays I usually watch on facebook but they dont ping up anymore to say there on

Shin

Started 5 mins ago. On RTE News Now.

Also:

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1282720507658489857?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Travel cases from:
    Somewhat relieving not to see the UK in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Coveny said there are 250 people arriving from the USA per day and 16 on the Dallas flight from Texas last week.

He seemed to draw a distinction between Irish people coming home and others, as if the Irish coming home are somehow not able to spread the virus !

1000 Yanks every 4 days is lunacy at present, considering the situation there.

Some sensible ideas to stop international travelers spreading the virus here.

Here are the countries that do NOT need a visa to enter Ireland... go through that list and make visas necessary for known hot spots, temporarily at least.

Make hotels and guesthouses look for evidence that their guests have completed their 14 day self isolation - before they let them stay.

I am sure there are many more good ideas out there.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was there UK too I think?
    I think so yes

there may have been i was typing as he said it so may have missed 1/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

0 new deaths

11 additional cases

That's more like it.

dalyboy wrote: »
    I think this must be week 5 that we have heard this promise of “green list will be announced NEXT WEEK” ... incompetence is springing to my mind.
    Nope, they've always said they would wait as long as possible to finalise that list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

That's unfortunate so. Sure look, we had good numbers today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,551 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Or Spain or Italy, both popular destinations.

Travel cases from:
    Over what period?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

Eod100 wrote: »
    Oh but there's an online form sure.. :confused:

I'm a bit confused why they haven't had one. Most people flying do online check-in and you have to enter some information anyway, so might as well add the part where you declare you'll be self-isolating and where. That way everyone has filled the form at least, and then people can't pretend "they didn't know".

is_that_so wrote: »
    Over what period?
    last month as far as im aware

Analysis of cases as of midnight Saturday 11th July - 25,627 cases (+16)

Healthcare Workers +8
    Clusters - No Change
    Cases associated with clusters +10

Age Range Affected
    0-4 No Change
    5-14 -1
    15-24 +1
    25-34 +11
    35-44 +2
    45-54 +1
    55-64 +1
    65-74 +1
    75-84 No Change
    85+ No Change

Cases by County
    Cavan -1
    Cork +1
    Dublin +14
    Wicklow +2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Pubs ain’t going to be opening next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

healthcare workers +8 is crazy at this stage.
    50% of cases if I'm reading the numbers right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Santy2015 wrote: »

I don't see any reason why not, and thats coming from somebody who wants stuff to open as carefully as we can. If there are clear, set guidelines, numbers remain as they are etc then they are perfectly capable to open. It's up to the pubs then to enforce the guidelines to ensure they aren't shut down again.

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »
    healthcare workers +8 is crazy at this stage.
    50% of cases if I'm reading the numbers right.
    Dr. Glynn said 30% of cases in last 2 weeks were healthcare workers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

dalyboy wrote: »

Whatever about a "Green List", we need a "Red List" right now.

Santy2015 wrote: »

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

I don't see any reason why not, and thats coming from somebody who wants stuff to open as carefully as we can. If there are clear, set guidelines, numbers remain as they are etc then they are perfectly capable to open. It's up to the pubs then to enforce the guidelines to ensure they aren't shut down again.

Just watching the briefing there, Dr Glynn isn’t too sure just because of the last 5 days. No consideration to the previous 5 weeks.

Whatever about a "Green List", we need a "Red List" right now.

Presumably green list would mean countries would be excluded if high risk but not sure how it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,551 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How many of those under 45 though are working in health care?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Dr. Glynn a bit ropier than Tony Holohan today in the press conference today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,216 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

UK was definitely on the list : I was listening out for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Lots of pubs already open

Arghus wrote: »
    Dr. Glynn a bit ropier than Tony Holohan today in the press conference today.
    I've always found he's way more honest, he's not afraid to say something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Dr. Glynn said 30% of cases in last 2 weeks were healthcare workers

With the small amount of people in ICU and in hospitals with COVID, to have >30% of cases come from health care workers points to complacency or poor hygiene standards IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement