Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Because it's Ireland and you haven't heard we're doing well. So well there's no need for city west, so well we're probably getting rid of tests as well.

So well we don't need masks, so well we can open the economy back up and let the Americans in. So well that your friend's wife is probably a hypochondriac and making it all up.

Testing has doubled in the past week??? The average time from referral to appointment is less than a day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

We know this, it’s a family from Iraq in Sligo. It’s a confined cluster.
    Yep but not from a country with equally controlled virus as us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Like me, you’re full of assumptions too. I’m 49 and i make sure i keep my distance from people and i wear a mask while shopping for the auld pair. I see other older people doing the same.

Were the younger ones doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

blade1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't fancy sharing a plane with someone with covid :eek:

I am sure you could could replace "plane" with "pub", "restaurant", "waiting room" etc.?

Were the younger ones doing the same?

As a young person I’m actually quite offended with how you’ve generalised people of my age group.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Testing has doubled in the past week??? The average time from referral to appointment is less than a day

Doesn't explain the 8 days that poster has to wait for.

Doesn't explain the 8 days that poster has to wait for.

I wouldn’t believe that’s a common occurrence. I’m giving you facts.

As a young person I’m actually quite offended with how you’ve generalised people of my age group.

That's the other problem with younger folks - easy to offend (ducks and runs).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

D.Q wrote: »
    Can't take anything they say on here seriously when it's all clearly driven by preexisting issues with young people.

Posters like him really show their true agenda with that sort of comment.

They post extremely negative, fear-mongering comments, day in, day out, and purport to be the last bastion of reality but really its projection.

If there wasn't a pandemic, they'd be in other threads, projecting those same biases onto different issues.

Genuinely pathetic, feel sorry for them.

So anyone who agreed with lockdown and agrees with restrictions is merely projecting? Wow thats a lot of people, including governments the world over!

Yeah i have seen that already on this forum. Actually everytime i shop most people including young seem to be abiding the advice. Everytime i go into Dunnes more and more people seem to be wearing face coverings.

• Advertisement

schmoo2k wrote: »
    That's the other problem with younger folks - easy to offend (ducks and runs).

Im guessing this is a joke

Anyone else miss nuance?

Yeah i have seen that already on this forum. Actually everytime i shop most people including young seem to be abiding the advice. Everytime i go into Dunnes more and more people seem to be wearing face coverings.

My friends have been taking this extremely seriously. And in case you’re wondering - I was born this century.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Which were?
    I'll quote it for you, god forbid you'd do a simple search for it.

"Michael and Eileen Clair, from Co Clare, were traveling to their holiday home in France, and they said they felt safe getting on a plane.

They said they would have travelled before now if they could.

“The travel (situation) is Tony Holohan’s opinion. The Government are saying they are going to open up routes and gateways to other countries, and people are still flying into the country. Flights came in from the UK all throughout the whole thing, so if they are allowing people to come into the country surely we should be able to leave the country as well,” said Michael.

“We’re traveling to our own house in France, so we're basically in a safe zone. We’re traveling to an area in France that has a very low instance of it (Covid) so I don’t see why we should have any major concerns,” said Eileen.

You need to leave to get rid of the fear

“All the precautions are in place and if you follow those guidelines it’s the same thing as getting on a bus or a tram,” said Michael.

“I do think we need to start trusting that the precautions are there. The reality is we have a certain ability to leave. You need to leave to get rid of the fear,” said Eileen.

“We were due to travel in May but we had to cancel that, so this is the first opportunity to go over,” said Michael.

“I wouldn’t be comfortable going to a crowded beach or parties, but this is a completely different situation. We have the potential to isolate if necessary when we come back,” Eileen explained"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Yeah very surprised its taking 8 days for a test,not a good sign if she did have it,she would have the potential to pass it onto a lot of people

After 8 days, the test probably show a negative. That's what we want.

Now imagine if Dunnes/Lidl sold face masks - to date we have only managed to snag a few from work. Since lockdown we limit our shopping to the local Lidl and go every 10 days (and now its bit of a habit!).

The UK government have been caught out dividing Covid case numbers into Pillar 1 and pillar 2 with only pillar 1 available to the public and local councils. Pillar 2 shows a worse case growth rate. Very sinister.

After 8 days, the test probably show a negative. That's what we want.

We want high confirmed positive and low unknown positive...

To be fair we have been pretty up front about our numbers as a country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Typical of the millennial snowflake generation which, with a few exceptions, the majority of those who want to go on sun/sea/sex/drinking holidays in the middle of a global pandemic are.

Alright grandad don't upset yourself before your afternoon nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Now imagine if Dunnes/Lidl sold face masks - to date we have only managed to snag a few from work. Since lockdown we limit our shopping to the local Lidl and go every 10 days (and now its bit of a habit!).

where do we buy the cotton resuable ones? any shops selling them? for kids also?

• Advertisement

My friends have been taking this extremely seriously. And in case you’re wondering - I was born this century.

I had you as being in your 50s

fr336 wrote: »
    I had you as being in your 50s

Barely 20!

So? You won't be flying back into Ireland and thus is a bit daft to post that here?

I think the poster is trying to be a comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

copeyhagen wrote: »
    where do we buy the cotton resuable ones? any shops selling them? for kids also?

Lidl 3 euro, dunno about kid ones

Barely 20!

No wonder youre so relaxed about Covid...but i enjoy your posts even if i disagree 99.99% of the time.

I think the poster is trying to be a comedian.

Think this will be my year. Take in at least 20 states, do a tour of Ireland north and south then come back to London.

No wonder youre so relaxed about Covid...but i enjoy your posts even if i disagree 99.99% of the time.

Far from relaxed. Father’s a healthcare worker & diabetic, I’m asthmatic.

I’m being realistic.

Far from relaxed. Father’s a healthcare worker & diabetic, I’m asthmatic.

I’m being realistic.

Realistic about things opening up then people insisting they get their rightfully due annual holiday abroad! This is once a lifetime stuff

Realistic about things opening up then people insisting they get their rightfully due annual holiday abroad! This is once a lifetime stuff

If people want to travel in the EU they should be allowed to. Looking at the numbers I don’t see any issue with european travel.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

A millennial being offended easily? Who would have guessed it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement