Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Fvck me that’s controversial........

Thierry Henry handling the ball twice against Ireland is controversial

I'm just sharing some thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

How will they decide who gets the vaccine when it comes out?

owlbethere wrote: »

Who knows but depending on availability imagine it would be at risk groups first and then gen pop.

owlbethere wrote: »

The Hunger Games: Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Who knows but depending on availability imagine it would be at risk groups first and then gen pop.

And after those, the 5G crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The Hunger Games: Ireland

May the odds be ever in your favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Varadkar has in the past week:

- Fired shots at those who tried to turn death rates into a nations league table and derived "perverse pleasure" from it in order to have a go at the government
    -He said that the incidence at the moment shouldn't be cause for Phase 4 deferral
    - He said international travel to green listed country is akin to a weekend in Killarney or Dublin

As a direct contradiction of those points he has also in the past week:
    -Mentioned how the slight increase is no cause for alarm as we are ranked 8/31 for incidence per 100k in Europe (a nations league if you will)
    -Told us we may not even move to Phase 4 in 3.5 weeks time
    -Also promoted a message of essential travel only, holiday at home

There were 6 Fine Gael ministers with a vote at cabinet yesterday. If you don't agree with the outcome, don't forget that fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Thierry Henry handling the ball twice against Ireland is controversial

I'm just sharing some thoughts

Haha, that it was.
    In that case there was nothing we could do.
    In this case I feel the same.
    The french FA wins based on advertising revenue.
    We might get something in the enquires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nursing home deaths here covered now on Prime Time on RTE1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fritzelly wrote: »
    He wasn't the only one - Mattie McGrath

Not so "Woke" in the Dail :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

House party cluster in Co. Derry. Mobile testing unit set up in the town to prevent spread.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/0716/1153799-derry-covid-cluster/

"Social gatherings in private residences have been an issue on both sides of the border."

I dunno, sorta glad they are having it in their houses, at least they aren't going to my local. Hopefully they will contain it to the people responsible. I get the feeling that people having house parties seem to take more risks than those of us under the watchful eye of some form of oversight i.e. the publican having to impose distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭NH2013

wadacrack wrote: »

Does that include historic antibody test numbers or just the live PCR test numbers from the past 24 hours?

I was going to post this in the R0 or Second Wave thread, but maybe the main thread is best

Seen on Reddit Ireland, again from Laura. Her background is in a Science lab/something medical if I'm remembering right. She's been very on the ball with a lot of things upto now
    If we don't lower our reproductive number, we will have hundreds of cases daily within a few weeks

This must've been the debate you mentioned Citizen?

When I heard the R0 number earlier I got quite worried. I'm hoping you're right and she's wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is one of these overall and one over a more recent timeframe, or what's going on?

Allows for two messages. Last week was all travel. This week it is house parties. Next week it will be BBQs and people meeting in toilets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

NH2013 wrote: »
    Does that include historic antibody test numbers or just the live PCR test numbers from the past 24 hours?

Worldmeters shows 1,361 new cases, so I guess that means the antibody numbers weren't included in that lower figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

wadacrack wrote: »
    Most of those are in Barcelona, which has had an issue for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Polar101 wrote: »
    Worldmeters shows 1,361 new cases, so I guess that means the antibody numbers weren't included in that lower figure.
    Here's the breakdown by region. 2 regions, one of which is under lockdown reporting the majority of cases.

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov-China/documentos/Actualizacion_164_COVID-19.pdf

I was going to post this in the R0 or Second Wave thread, but maybe the main thread is best

Seen on Reddit Ireland, again from Laura. Her background is in a Science lab/something medical if I'm remembering right, she's been very on the ball with a lot of things upto now

This must've been the debate you mentioned Citizen?

When I heard the R0 number earlier I got quite worried. I'm hoping you're right and she's wrong
    She's right in a sense (if it's 1.2 we won't see cases in the 100s) but she refuses to take into account that the current r-number has been heavily influenced by the recent clusters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

She's right in a sense (if it's 1.2 we won't see cases in the 100s) but she refuses to take into account that the current r-number has been heavily influenced by the recent clusters.

I predict lower daily cases and a lower R this day next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Starting to run riot in Spain again

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bettyoleary

Its totally obvious that anywhere groups open up in enclosed spaces the virus spreads, Schools, pups, nightclubs, planes. What is the problem with understanding if you dont want the virus to spread you cant do these things?????????????????????

I predict lower daily cases and a lower R this day next week.
    I do too but we shall see!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is planning to holiday in Spain this year

Many, many Irish

It's probably in the thousands tbh

Many, many Irish

It's probably in the thousands tbh
    Well thats no bother the virus will spread. Go to Spain allow people into the country from USA. Open pubs and carry on as normal and a lockdown will happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Who is planning to holiday in Spain this year

Me...hmmm...nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Its totally obvious that anywhere groups open up in enclosed spaces the virus spreads, Schools, pups, nightclubs, planes. What is the problem with understanding if you dont want the virus to spread you cant do these things?????????????????????

Greed, simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I noticed that new zealand had an imported case from Dublin yesterday. Usually when you're at the point of exporting cases, there's a pretty high number of infections because if there wasn't the odds are extremely low that a single traveler would have the virus. This was certainly the case during the earlier outbreaks in china and italy. People traveling to and from there brought it around the world before anyone even realized. I hope this doesn't mean that the virus is still bubbling away under the surface in dublin.

• Advertisement

Well thats no bother the virus will spread. Go to Spain allow people into the country from USA. Open pubs and carry on as normal and a lockdown will happen again.

I'm not going to Spain

Thousands of Irish idiots will though. And tens of thousands of British

Its no point saying no body will abide this time. They will have too and many more people in Ireland will loose their lively hoods. Its happening. I wish people would stop being annoyed and acting as if nothings happening. It is and its not going away. I se young people saying ah yes but in Brazil and India young ones died because they are a third world country. Id like to put a load of Irish 20- 30 yr olds against Brazilians and tell you who is the fittest. The Brazilians from the favellas are playing football are on the beach every day doing exercise. They arnt pasty fat fellsa here slugging pints in pubs and snorting Coke. They are in the sun and are way fitter. Who in Ireland are on par with Brazillian footballers. The only reason more young ones die there is bcos they dont have facillities in hospitals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Strumms wrote: »
    Greed, simple

Greed from who?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I noticed that new zealand had an imported case from Dublin yesterday. Usually when you're at the point of exporting cases, there's a pretty high number of infections because if there wasn't the odds are extremely low that a single traveler would have the virus. This was certainly the case during the earlier outbreaks in china and italy. People traveling to and from there brought it around the world before anyone even realized. I hope this doesn't mean that the virus is still bubbling away under the surface in dublin.
    I doubt there's anything hiding in Dublin to be honest, nearly all daily cases come from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Vintners Federation Guy on the tonight show, talking absolute bollocks.

"I don't like the connotation between drunkeness and pubs."

Remember guys, the pubs admitted themselves in March that they couldn't enforce social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

There's no end to this is there? Today has been utterly depressing. No good news on the horizon. Predictions of new lockdowns and massive numbers of permanent job losses.
    Bring on the vaccine ASAP....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Of course it's bubbling away under the surface. It's still around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Cute wee furry things, we're doomed. :eek::D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Strumms wrote: »
    Greed, simple

Churches & schools do not equate to greed in my book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Company I'm with used to be based on the campus of University of Limerick. Before Covid the company moved to Castletroy Industry Park. Heard if company was still on the UL campus it would have been near impossible to run as normal.

This is serious connotation for private companies on public grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I'm not going to Spain

Thousands of Irish idiots will though. And tens of thousands of British

I'm due to go on the 27th to Barcelona. Unless my flights cancelled im going. I'd rather get covid than lose out on 1200 euros.

• Advertisement

There's no end to this is there? Today has been utterly depressing. No good news on the horizon. Predictions of new lockdowns and massive numbers of permanent job losses.
    Bring on the vaccine ASAP....

The vaccine is far from a guarantee too I'm afraid

Many of them fail at Phase 3

US2 wrote: »
    I'm due to go on the 27th to Barcelona. Unless my flights cancelled im going. I'd rather get covid than lose out on 1200 euros.

If you get it, do the right thing and don't fly back till it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭gipi

Where did you see Dublin mentioned? I had a look at the site below, it mentions Italy as the source

https://www.health.govt.nz/news-media/media-releases/1-new-case-covid-19-8
    There is one new case of COVID-19 to report in managed isolation in New Zealand today.

It has been 76 days since the last case of COVID-19 was acquired locally from an unknown source.

Today’s case is the child of two people previously reported as having COVID-19. They arrived in New Zealand from Italy on July 4. The family is in quarantine at the Commodore Hotel in Christchurch.

One previously reported case is now considered to have recovered, so the number of active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand remains at 27.

The total number of confirmed cases is now 1,198, which is the number we report to the World Health Organization.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Er

Ok

On that note I think it's time for bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

If you get it, do the right thing and don't fly back till it's gone.

If I do get it, chances are I wont even know I have it

I thought NZ had banned flights incoming

If I do get it, chances are I wont even know I have it

It'll be easier to spot in your parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

We go to Spain several times a year, we are fortunate to be able to do it and I am thankful for that.

But no travel at all outside Ireland for us for the foreseeable. Not worth it, and the OH is not keen on cramming into an aircraft either and the hassle real or imagined of airports either side.

It really is ramping up in Spain, and they did so well. I reckon they should have told the Brits to go to feck and stay away, but YouTube is full of clips from places like Benidorm (face palm) etc. really bigging it up and telling people things are opening up and come on over. It was bound to be a disaster.

Have a look at Spain Speaks on YT. Quite informative and nearly daily updates from someone who lives in Madrid and has finger on the pulse. He just got back from Lugo up North and then it was closed down.

Must be very scary for them. The balance of tourism v health is not working now. Spain probably needs to not rely on tourism to the extent that it does. But that's easy for me to say.

gipi wrote: »
    Where did you see Dublin mentioned? I had a look at the site below, it mentions Italy as the source

https://www.health.govt.nz/news-media/media-releases/1-new-case-covid-19-8
    Covid 19 coronavirus: Ashley Bloomfield's update - two new cases from Pakistan, Dublin

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12348201

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I thought NZ had banned flights incoming

No, I think its just citizens, residents and essential travel only and they have to quarantine in specific hotels for 2 weeks. Flights have to keep running

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement