Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

petes wrote: »
    The other annoying thing is posters refusing to answer a question after being called out on it and then leaving the thread. You wouldn't know anything about that though!

As far as I'm aware there is no requirement to answer a question you don't want too, has this changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Good news.....

Latest Testing Update
    Tests conducted last 24hrs: 9154
    Tests conducted last 7 days: 50150
    Positive Tests last 24hrs: 14
    Positivity Rate last 7 days: 0.3%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If you can indeed read minds you have a future on stage.
    The most annoying thing about Boards is this self professed expertise in knowing exactly what others think.
    I have a word to describe this BS but I would get an infraction for using it.

Awhhhh, diddums, you should be free to speak your mind... nobody will mind. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,621 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If I have had 2 wives you couldn't shut me up.

Strumms wrote: »
    Awhhhh, diddums, you should be free to speak your mind... nobody will mind. ;)

Mods might

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Good news.....

Latest Testing Update

Great stuff. Very low positivity rate over last 24 hours. Should be a low number of cases announced today but who knows!

What locations are the laboratory tests carried out in?

Where are the laboratory tests carried out?

In a laboratory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mods might

Diddums again, ahhh well.

In other news.... the latest stats are seriously encouraging... for now of course but hopefully these short term gains translate into a long term win... for us ALL.. :cool:

This is what I was on about earlier, the newspapers in Cork are carrying it now.
    Image attached

• Advertisement

Can we make that image slightly bigger so the international space station can read it?

Boggles wrote: »
    Can we make that image slightly bigger so the international space station can read it?

Some of us need varifocals it was nice that the poster negated this need.

Nice low single digit number please.

So I can drink my beer tonight happy and pretend we are grand for another bit.

Make sure you have a €9 toastie with it , guaranteed to protect form Covid for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    One thing I've learned from this whole thing is that boardsies really hate Ryanair, publicans, horse racing fans and Americans.
    Emphasising the monastic lifestyle of the ultra cautious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Who knows? Was there any explanation for the discrepancy in yesterday's figure of 32 cases but only 24 positive tests?

polesheep wrote: »
    Who knows? Was there any explanation for the discrepancy in yesterday's figure of 32 cases but only 24 positive tests?

I don't care.

I think we all just need a low figure today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Good to see you back, Plum. Thought we'd lost you.
    As far as I'm aware there is no requirement to answer a question you don't want too, has this changed?
    I asked you to back up your claims. You have repeatedly refused to do so. Lies hurt baby Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Make sure you have a €9 toastie with it , guaranteed to protect form Covid for 90 minutes.

Can people really not see the logic in the meal thing, or is this one of those jokes that’ll be overused so much it might get funny again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

They won’t explain it. It’s a strange one to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Can people really not see the logic in the meal thing, or is this one of those jokes that’ll be overused so much it might get funny again?

Greatest joke ever......
    Ps
    I’m gasping!!!

Ficheall wrote: »
    Good to see you back, Plum. Thought we'd lost you.

Just went for a Kit Kat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Probably end up with 15 denotifications in a few days - hard to trust any number at the moment being so low

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

No sorry not really,particularly when pub wise its just an excuse for a good nights drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

What locations are the laboratory tests carried out in?
    Hospital labs all over Ireland and the NVRL.

I can see the logic in the meal thing, but I also know it's nonsense. The government worried about house parties but yet are going to keep pubs closed? Where the hell do they think young people will go?. At least in a pub there is some chance of SD house party not a hope. Garda resources to tackle house parties lol.
    I have no interest in pubs but then again I'm older married so my social outlets are different than a 20 something.

Idk what to say if we get a case number greater than the positive tests tonight :confused:

Good news.....

Latest Testing Update

Let’s overreact - r0 of 0.4 compared to yesterday, will be gone by Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hospital labs all over Ireland and the NVRL.
    Have they ended that German contract?

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    They're on standby

I can see the logic in the meal thing, but I also know it's nonsense. The government worried about house parties but yet are going to keep pubs closed? Where the hell do they think young people will go?. At least in a pub there is some chance of SD house party not a hope. Garda resources to tackle house parties lol.
    I have no interest in pubs but then again I'm older married so my social outlets are different than a 20 something.
    The food side was really an economic one and they felt the risk was minimal on account of the regulations. In your standard pub, behaviour is harder to predict and manage, plus it is seen as a very high risk arena. I agree on their potential to reduce the frequency of the house parties but there's all that mingling post-pub, especially in urban centres that will not be in line with SD. Rock and a hard place but the call was way too late for me.

The food side was really an economic one and they felt the risk was minimal on account of the regulations. In your standard pub, behaviour is harder to predict and manage, plus it is seen as a very high risk arena. I agree on their potential to reduce the frequency of the house parties but there's all that mingling post-pub, especially in urban centres that will not be in line with SD. Rock and a hard place but the call was way too late for me.

Call me a cynic, but I suspect the impending bank holiday is a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think its a case of them not wanting to see the logic in it to be honest.

No one could be that stupid...surely??

My company have contracted a German lab for in house testing. 50 volunteers selected this week to trail the system. They have a triage cabin setup outside the building, and temp scanning at the door. I think the idea is that anyone who has a high temp on entering the building or develops symptoms at work can avail of test straight away. In addition they have a corporate requirement to quarantine for 10 days following international travel, so employees can avail of the testing pre and post travel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Idk what to say if we get a case number greater than the positive tests tonight :confused:

Is this case number the thing you've been posting about that it's not the same as the positive cases ?

• Advertisement

Call me a cynic, but I suspect the impending bank holiday is a factor.
    Well we now know how they make NPHET shudder! Personally in favour of moving 1 or 2 to where we have none like Feb 1 or Sept 15th!

Benimar wrote: »
    I think its a case of them not wanting to see the logic in it to be honest.

No one could be that stupid...surely??

Christ, it's a joke. If it were real the government would have copyrighted the regs and licenced them to WHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Virgin media ramping up the we're worried about going into phase 2 this evening. Fears this evening that we could go back etc.
    Taking De Gascuns comments from yesterday a little out of context

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Virgin media ramping up the we're worried about going into phase 2 this evening. Fears this evening that we could go back.
    Taking De Gascuns comments a little out of context

Watching it here aghast.
    I really feel for people that get their news from this ****e or RTE. No wonder half the country is scared out of its wits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What is the logic, we went out last night. 3 pints first, few chicken wings then 5 more pints. Nearly 5 hours and we could have drank for longer. If normal pubs offered table service I dont really see the difference or the logic myself.

• Advertisement

Virgin media ramping up the we're worried about going into phase 2 this evening. Fears this evening that we could go back etc.
    It's not the first time. His "problem" is that he assumes people actually understand what he is saying and are not intent on shaping it into something entirely different.

I watched De Gascun basically rubbish the suggestion by a Czech expert that face masks suppressed the spread of the virus in society April last on Primetime. That told me all I need to know about his expert opinion.

I've stopped watching either them or rte because you'd be liable to get an anxiety attack listening to them talk about covid-19. I've bookmarked the rte.ie homepage on my phone and I just check the cases every day. I don't listen to anyone's analysis I just look at the numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

niallo27 wrote: »
    What is the logic, we went out last night. 3 pints first, few chicken wings then 5 more pints. Nearly 5 hours and we could have drank for longer. If normal pubs offered table service I dont really see the difference or the logic myself.

I'm finding this quite disturbing. I hope it wasn't hot and spicy chicken wings with pints of Guinness. They would completely destroy the taste of the next few pints after them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

If infections increase, a version of a lockdown could be reintroduced.

This is not scaring people, it's common sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

robbiezero wrote: »
    I'm finding this quite disturbing. I hope it wasn't hot and spicy chicken wings with pints of Guinness. They would completely destroy the taste of the next few pints after them.

And the toilet the next day as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just for the lads talking about the pubs I've been reading up about the Angry Barteder Ireland facebook page just to hear from someone in the game (I'm out a few years) crazy **** you can hear the lads fearful for their jobs. Dreadful to hear really. Lots of bartenders and waitresses etc just no idea what to be doing with themselves.

robbiezero wrote: »

Never mind destroy the taste, I'd say the facilities in the house would be a sight after spicy chicken wings and Guinness on top them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

"If infections disappear we'll get back to normal." Why don't they say this, it's common sense?

The fact that we are a very long way off that is what is missing. That's what deGascun said. Nolan must be cringing with what they are doing with R0 as proof.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement